PDA

View Full Version : AlizéeInspired's Inspiration of the Month: My Artworks

AlizéeInspired
09-08-2010, 02:50 PM
Hello everyone :D

I LOVE to draw and do all sorts of artwork so I have decided to share with all of you, each month, at least one of my pieces of work that will be inspired by our very own Alizée through her music and/or beauty :) (hence the title AlizéeInspired's Inspiration of the Month).

In this thread I plan to present you with at least one "Inspiration of the Month" each month. I hope that you will share your thoughts on what I show, possibly give me a few pointers, critique what I've done (constructive criticism) to help me better grow as an artist, possibly suggest pictures for me to do or suggest future artworks, and I encourage you to share your Alizée inspiration's (artwork) as well :).

I meant to have this one up on the first of the month but I've been busy with my b-day and all that jazz. While this isn't my best piece of work, I am still pleased with how it turned out. The picture that I looked at to draw this isn't the sharpest picture so I had to make up a lot of the details myself. Anyway, here it is, the first piece of many artworks to come.

http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy338/DanielBroManGuy/scan0002-1.jpg

(I apologize for the grainy look the picture has. I think it is a combination of the paper and the scanner. I will try to use smoother (higher grade) paper in the future to avoid such a grainy look or just take a picture instead of scanning.)

I will do my best for each piece of work to also post up the "stats" (mediums used, time spent working on it, paper grade, ect.)

Pencil's used: 4h, 2h, H, HB, 2B, 4B, and 6B.
Size: 11 in. x 8.5 in. (27.9 cm x 21.5 cm)
Paper: Not sure on the grade/type as it doesn't quite say on the sketch book. I'd say somewhere between 70lb.(114 gsm) and 90lb.(147 gsm).
Time: Sorry, but I couldn't even give an estimate on time spent on this as I worked on it on different days while not really keeping track of time. Didn't really think of it. But I will do my best to give time spent on those to come :).
Fun Fact: The scariest thing happened when I was about half way through the drawing. You see, I was eating come chocolate while drawing. I guess that while eating the chocolate, a little piece had landed on the desk and melted. It was maybe half an hour after I had already eaten the chocolate bar when I must have picked up that melted chocolate with the side of my hand when picking up a pencil. After picking my hand up from shading a part of the sketch, I see this horrible dab of chocolate! :eek: I, somewhat panicking, as carefully as I could, removed the melted chocolate. There was still somewhat of a stain of it on the paper though. So, I spent about 10 minutes or so just sitting there erasing that spot. It seemed to have gone away better than I thought as it is barely even noticeable. Can you tell where I got chocolate on this drawing? :p

BlackAnthem
09-08-2010, 02:57 PM
Nicely done! Bravo...and dare I say...encore!

Kronos
09-08-2010, 03:10 PM
Incredible, I usually see alot of flaws in peoples' fan art but that is the best one I've seen so far :D hoping to see more from you

And nope, can't find any chocolate stain :)

Scruffydog777
09-08-2010, 03:12 PM
Great job AI! If only you could get her to pose in person for a picture?
By the way, I hope you had a happy birthday.

Bigdan
09-08-2010, 03:38 PM
very good job !:)

Tom
09-08-2010, 04:37 PM
Good job!!! :)

I'm looking forward to see more from you ;)

Zeerre
09-08-2010, 04:56 PM
Too bad that huge chocolate stain ruins the whole drawing.:p

Just kidding, it's really good AI, and I couldn't spot the chocolate at all.

MYGOGT
09-08-2010, 05:02 PM
Well done AI. I will also be looking forward to more from you.

DrSmith
09-08-2010, 05:34 PM
That looks great, AI. I'd like to see you do a drawing of her more recent UEdS look.

AlizéeInspired
09-08-2010, 05:56 PM
Thanks everyone :)

Incredible, I usually see alot of flaws in peoples' fan art but that is the best one I've seen so far :D hoping to see more from you
Me being the artist, I guess, I can find plenty of flaws in my work. If you really look close and compare the drawing to the original picture, there are a few differences. Miniscule they may be, but there are differences. I can only hope to one day make a truely perfect piece of art.

Great job AI! If only you could get her to pose in person for a picture?
By the way, I hope you had a happy birthday.
If I could have her pose for me so I could draw her in person :eek:!!! I would be so excited to just meet her but if she could pose for me, then I don't know if I'd be able to do it?! lol. That would be like the best day ever! :D

As for my birthday, yeah, it was alright. Nothing too big. Had my favorite birthday cake this year though as this one had the phrase "J'ai pas vingt ans" on it as I am 19 :D.
That looks great, AI. I'd like to see you do a drawing of her more recent UEdS look.

I actually planned on doing one fairly soon. Not sure if it will be the next one or not. I just can't really decide on what UEdS picture of her to draw. I have one in mind though. What recent picture do you think I should try to draw?

Here is the one I was thinking of doing:

Merci Alizée
09-08-2010, 06:16 PM
Thanks everyone :)

Me being the artist, I guess, I can find plenty of flaws in my work. If you really look close and compare the drawing to the original picture, there are a few differences. Miniscule they may be, but there are differences. I can only hope to one day make a truely perfect piece of art.

I actually planned on doing one fairly soon. Not sure if it will be the next one or not. I just can't really decide on what UEdS picture of her to draw. I have one in mind though. What recent picture do you think I should try to draw?

You work is really good, AI and I hope that it will get better by the time.

For the new pic, that's a good choice. :D

DrSmith
09-08-2010, 06:45 PM

That's a good one. Go for it.

MarkL
09-08-2010, 07:41 PM
Man your an amazing drawer I cant even draw stick people and you...just WOW :D

AlizéeInspired
09-08-2010, 10:32 PM
For the new pic, that's a good choice. :D

That's a good one. Go for it.

Alrighty then! I'll try to find some higher quality paper before drawing this one so it doesn't look so grainy on the scan. Or maybe I'll just use one of my giant sketch books and make this next one big. But then I'll have to take a picture of the drawing to post and show it instead of scanning it. I'll think about it I guess. So I guess expect that pic to be the drawing for October. Or maybe I'll get started on it soon and post it at the end of this month :rolleyes:. Then you'll get two for September :D. After this next one, I was thinking of maybe doing a painting or something in color. Depends on if I can get what I need for it though. Patience, patience ;)

And again, thanks to all for your kind words and compliments. Also, if anyone else draws or does any art, like I said in my original post, I encourage you to post your "inspirations" as well if you've got any. Then we can all critique eachother's artwork and grow as artists together :).

Aayush
09-09-2010, 10:28 AM
Yups, nice work AlizeeInspired. You have a great talent. I think you should try to draw the unique and new Alizée pics. I mean to say that, you must draw the pose which does not exist, using your own creativity. Give Alizée a fresh new look and dress. That's what i think. Howzdat ?

AlizéeInspired
09-09-2010, 01:02 PM
Yups, nice work AlizeeInspired. You have a great talent. I think you should try to draw the unique and new Alizée pics. I mean to say that, you must draw the pose which does not exist, using your own creativity. Give Alizée a fresh new look and dress. That's what i think. Howzdat ?

Yes, I know what your sayin'. An original drawing instead of just looking at a picture to make a portrait. I will get around to it right after this next one. Maybe for the holidays here (like Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc.) I'll create some original artworks that will show more "creativity" from me and I'll use the theme of the holiday or something. Maybe for Christmas I'll make one where Alizée is drinking Coca-Cola with Santa and the Polar Bear or something :D.

I'm glad you asked this though as I hadn't really pointed out that I will do other artwork other than just the basic looking at a picture and drawing it. I have also been thinking of maybe even making a little Alizée comic book as well and posting a page every week or so. That will take some time to get together though as I haven't even thought of a storyline for it.

Marquis<3Alizée
09-09-2010, 06:10 PM
DUDE!!!!!!!!! That's so awsome i really like it. I can't wait to see more from you.

AceTone
09-10-2010, 02:39 AM
Can you tell where I got chocolate on this drawing? :p

Trick question. It looks like you got chocolate all over the canvas because the whole thing is sweet. :p

Merci Alizée
09-10-2010, 03:00 AM
Trick question. It looks like you got chocolate all over the canvas because the whole thing is sweet. :p

Trick question and an impressive reply.

Tomtentp
09-10-2010, 01:36 PM
Hello everyone :D

It's good.

Oh!
And I have decided to recall my idle threath of killing you if you don't proceed with the artworks.

I hereby swear by god the all mighty that Mr. Alizée Inspired will suffer a painful death performed with a very small blunt object such as a tea spoon, should he fail to deliver next artwork to the forums of AAm co.

This is simply amazing, by far one of the most brilliant drawings of Alizée I've seen. I salute you!

I 2nd that!
It's a whole diff. ball game but I'm very convinced you could pull it off flawlessly.

Hehe.
Some stupid people probably searched for minutes to find that choco stain :p

... 0.o

AlizéeInspired
09-10-2010, 03:41 PM

Lol thanks. But guys, I really did get chocolate on there. I just did a good job of getting right to it and taking the chocolate off. There was no way I was gonna let my drawing be ruined after I was already half way through it!

In the red circle is where it happened. If you look really, really hard and close, then you can somewhat see it. When I tilt my laptop screen I can really see it. It is very faint, but it's there.

http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy338/DanielBroManGuy/scan0002-2-1.jpg

Oh!
And I have decided to recall my idle threath of killing you if you don't proceed with the artworks.

I hereby swear by god the all mighty that Mr. Alizée Inspired will suffer a painful death performed with a very small blunt object such as a tea spoon, should he fail to deliver next artwork to the forums of AAm co.

Well, then don't worry about me having motivation or inspiration guys. Tomtentp's death threat is plenty to keep me in check and continue to deliver plenty of artwork for all of you to see :D.

user472884
09-10-2010, 04:39 PM
http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy338/DanielBroManGuy/scan0002-2-1.jpg

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

holy crap man! I've seen some pretty questionable drawings in my time... buy goddamn! It looks like you just made it b&w in photoshop!

Tchaikovsky
09-10-2010, 04:52 PM
Yes it's very good :)

AlizéeInspired
09-10-2010, 04:55 PM
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

holy crap man! I've seen some pretty questionable drawings in my time... buy goddamn! It looks like you just made it b&w in photoshop!

But I only wish I had access to photoshop :(. I've only been able to mess around with cs3 once and that was for like an hour at my aunts. All I've got to do stuff with is GIMP. It's decent but it isn't much. If I had photoshop and illustrator... Oh, man! I could make some pretty cool stuff!

user472884
09-10-2010, 05:04 PM

But I only wish I had access to photoshop :(. I've only been able to mess around with cs3 once and that was for like an hour at my aunts. All I've got to do stuff with is GIMP. It's decent but it isn't much. If I had photoshop and illustrator... Oh, man! I could make some pretty cool stuff!

Well I don't know how old you are, but if you're still a student, you're eligible for some serious discounts at Academic Superstore

http://www.academicsuperstore.com/

When I was in middle school, I bought the entire CS3 thing (photoshop, illustrator, all that stuff), which was then around $2000, which I got for $350

All you need to do is send them a copy of your school ID and you're good

(sorry that seemed kinda spammy, but goddamn it was a good deal)

AlizéeInspired
09-10-2010, 05:08 PM
Well I don't know how old you are, but if you're still a student, you're eligible for some serious discounts at Academic Superstore

http://www.academicsuperstore.com/

When I was in middle school, I bought the entire CS3 thing (photoshop, illustrator, all that stuff), which was then around $2000, which I got for $350

All you need to do is send them a copy of your school ID and you're good

(sorry that seemed kinda spammy, but goddamn it was a good deal)

Damn. Well, I just graduated and I'm taking a year off before heading off to college. So it looks like I lucked out on that one. :(

But then again... maybe I'll try to strike up a deal with one of my friends still in school or maybe my brother :rolleyes: Hmm

DrSmith
09-10-2010, 05:16 PM
Is Photoshop really that much different from GIMP?

AlizéeInspired
09-10-2010, 05:43 PM
Is Photoshop really that much different from GIMP?

Like I said, I don't have the most experience with Photoshop (a little over an hour :p). But from what I've noticed, Photoshop is more professional than GIMP. When drawing something or creating something on Photoshop or Illustrator, you will get smoother lines and less pixelation. It really depends on what you want to do and for what, I guess.

GIMP is awesome though and is a great substitution if you can't get or use Photoshop. Especially since it's FREE :D

steamstrgg
09-11-2010, 05:06 AM
OMG woww greatt.

Tomtentp
09-11-2010, 08:56 AM
Like I said, I don't have the most experience with Photoshop (a little over an hour :p). But from what I've noticed, Photoshop is more professional than GIMP. When drawing something or creating something on Photoshop or Illustrator, you will get smoother lines and less pixelation. It really depends on what you want to do and for what, I guess.

GIMP is awesome though and is a great substitution if you can't get or use Photoshop. Especially since it's FREE :D

I wouldn't recommend downloading a pirate version thou, it takes alot of your dedication away. If you work hard and pay a considering amount of cash then you will feel more eager to get full use out of it.

Same goes for Alizée material etc.

VVVACCPLPNLY
09-11-2010, 09:06 AM
Glad you finally started a thread for some of your stuff. Can't wait to see more! Way to go! :)

Aayush
09-11-2010, 12:40 PM
Yes, I know what your sayin'. An original drawing instead of just looking at a picture to make a portrait. I will get around to it right after this next one. Maybe for the holidays here (like Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc.) I'll create some original artworks that will show more "creativity" from me and I'll use the theme of the holiday or something. Maybe for Christmas I'll make one where Alizée is drinking Coca-Cola with Santa and the Polar Bear or something :D.

I'm glad you asked this though as I hadn't really pointed out that I will do other artwork other than just the basic looking at a picture and drawing it. I have also been thinking of maybe even making a little Alizée comic book as well and posting a page every week or so. That will take some time to get together though as I haven't even thought of a storyline for it.

Ya AI, really nice idea for the creation of Alizée comics. About the storyline, i have a great one, hope you like it. So here it goes, its actually the relationship between Alizée and jeremy. How she met him for the first time and how they slowly started to fall in love. This story was their past life. Another gr8 story will be a future imagination. In this, our star will be Annylee. She also becomes a huge star like Alizée. Show the total progress, as she learns from her mother. She becomes very popular in the America with many of her English albums along with French. After a huge success she decides to marry and settle down in America. Alizée in her old age decides to live with her daughter in America and spending a whole lotta time with her fans. And, something like this will be really cool. I know that this is very hard to imagine and might not happen in future, but atleast we can enjoy this through comics. Who knows, this may become a huge success and get recognition from Alizée herself.
A/c to me, you should try something like this and make it more better with your own creativity.
So, howz my idea guys ?

Merci Alizée
09-11-2010, 01:01 PM

wow!!! every time I think something, it happens. A week ago I was wondering if someone could do comic books about Alizée. I thought of creating a thread for this idea, but I was not sure.

For this I uploaded some pics which I wanted to show to all of you.

http://picasaweb.google.co.in/vibhash18/AlizeeComicbookStarNiouzes#

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_9q4Ry8K81g8/TIJ8eDA3IDI/AAAAAAAACEA/io8Lj-SRoic/2069289828ma.jpg

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_9q4Ry8K81g8/TIJ8eI2QYGI/AAAAAAAACEE/013cAy7uYJI/s512/alizee2a0qa.jpg

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_9q4Ry8K81g8/TIJ8eYHIizI/AAAAAAAACEI/pguoAWRZocU/s512/alizee1a3yd.jpg

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_9q4Ry8K81g8/TIJ8ejrdhqI/AAAAAAAACEQ/Da1G6oSq_mo/s640/sn0070na.jpg

So, what do you think. Can we do a series of Alizée comic books or comic strips?

You can see those images in the album linked above.

AlizéeInspired
09-11-2010, 03:37 PM
I wouldn't recommend downloading a pirate version thou, it takes alot of your dedication away. If you work hard and pay a considering amount of cash then you will feel more eager to get full use out of it.

Same goes for Alizée material etc.
Oh, no. I wouldn't do that. Too afraid that I'd get a virus or something if I pirated it. And I would definitely never do such a thing with Alizée material! I'd feel too bad :(.

Ya AI, really nice idea for the creation of Alizée comics. About the storyline, i have a great one, hope you like it. So here it goes, its actually the relationship between Alizée and jeremy. How she met him for the first time and how they slowly started to fall in love. This story was their past life. Another gr8 story will be a future imagination. In this, our star will be Annylee. She also becomes a huge star like Alizée. Show the total progress, as she learns from her mother. She becomes very popular in the America with many of her English albums along with French. After a huge success she decides to marry and settle down in America. Alizée in her old age decides to live with her daughter in America and spending a whole lotta time with her fans. And, something like this will be really cool. I know that this is very hard to imagine and might not happen in future, but atleast we can enjoy this through comics. Who knows, this may become a huge success and get recognition from Alizée herself.
A/c to me, you should try something like this and make it more better with your own creativity.
So, howz my idea guys ?

I really like your story Aayush. Very interesting and I wouldn't mind if that really happened either :D. I may try and do something like that.

I think I'll maybe try to make a few other Alizée stories though too. Like one comic she would have a secret identity where she has powers or something :rolleyes: I don't know lol. It's just something I'll have to sit around and think about I guess.

wow!!! every time I think something, it happens. A week ago I was wondering if someone could do comic books about Alizée. I thought of creating a thread for this idea, but I was not sure.

For this I uploaded some pics which I wanted to show to all of you.

http://picasaweb.google.co.in/vibhash18/AlizeeComicbookStarNiouzes#

*pics*

So, what do you think. Can we do a series of Alizée comic books or comic strips?

You can see those images in the album linked above.

Those are pretty neat. But if I make any comic material, I wouldn't mind making it more like a comic book if you know what I mean? Like a graphic novel or something, maybe. As for comic strips, I think I could probably get around to making a short, funny comic strip each week (depending on how busy I am).

BrianO1
09-11-2010, 04:05 PM
honestly, I would avoid any story lines that involve her private life, like her family and such. We know how much she values her privacy.

In a recent interview about Enfant, she even said that she hopped to gain a new public that " focuses more on the music, and less on my personal life"

So while I do agree that a comic book would be a really cool idea, I think it should focus more on her music and such, and not on her private life, and the people who are a part of her private life. Just out of respect for Alizée.

You could make Lili a super hero, who tours the globe doing concerts, and when not performing, goes out and fights crime. Something fun like that.

AlizéeInspired
09-11-2010, 04:20 PM
honestly, I would avoid any story lines that involve her private life, like her family and such. We know how much she values her privacy.

In a recent interview about Enfant, she even said that she hopped to gain a new public that " focuses more on the music, and less on my personal life"

So while I do agree that a comic book would be a really cool idea, I think it should focus more on her music and such, and not on her private life, and the people who are a part of her private life. Just out of respect for Alizée.

You could make Lili a super hero, who tours the globe doing concerts, and when not performing, goes out and fights crime. Something fun like that.

Yeah, I agree. Come to think of it, how the hell would I know how she is in her personal life anyway? And drawing her daughter would be tough since I don't really know what she looks like.

I think it would be more fun to make some type of hero that is just based on her anyway. I'll come up with something epic :D.

Aayush
09-12-2010, 12:19 AM
Yeah, I agree. Come to think of it, how the hell would I know how she is in her personal life anyway? And drawing her daughter would be tough since I don't really know what she looks like.

I think it would be more fun to make some type of hero that is just based on her anyway. I'll come up with something epic :D.

Ya right. In this way we can have fun without hurting her. I think that it'll be appropriate to make her(Annylee) photo something like a super hero. We all know that, in our childhood days how much we liked the super heroes. Annylee's age is also in that period, so she will like very much to see herself as a "Super Hero"........This is what i think.......