PDA

View Full Version : Alizée America Suggestion Box

Pages : [1] 2

Merci Alizée
09-26-2010, 03:29 PM
I'm sure many members have lot of idea for the site. You want to see some changes. You want some addition or changes. This thread will be like a suggestion box for the forum. Sometimes people have ideas but they don't know whom to tell. Sometimes they tell Ben about those, but involvement of other members is limited in that case. I believe this will help us and Ben a lot.

You all are free to post your ideas here. It may include some changes to the forum like addition of new features and others.

There is just one request. Don't post about your problems related to the community or the views and posts of other members and try to keep the thread clean. Like I said earlier that this thread is for helping all of us.

We will read the ideas and try to implement whichever are good and possible.

Marquis<3Alizée
09-26-2010, 03:32 PM
We should have a new layout. Something that's really good something that'll catch peoples eyes that are visiting the site. Like guest.

Merci Alizée
09-26-2010, 03:39 PM
We should have a new layout. Something that's really good something that'll catch peoples eyes that are visiting the site. Like guest.

Isn't the current layout good and catchy?

User22
09-26-2010, 03:43 PM
Isn't the current layout good and catchy?

...I like the layout but it would be nice if the UEDS picture of Alizee in the black hat and black striped shirt could change to a better new picture...

Marquis<3Alizée
09-26-2010, 03:44 PM
...I like the layout but it would be nice if the UEDS picture of Alizee in the black hat and black striped shirt could change to a better new picture...

Exactly we should have a UEDS theme.

Tchaikovsky
09-26-2010, 09:41 PM
A little less conversation, a little more action please.

AlizéeInspired
09-26-2010, 09:45 PM
A little less conversation, a little more action please.

Elvis :cool:

User22
09-26-2010, 09:47 PM
Exactly we should have a UEDS theme.

Well, it is a UEDS picture, it's just we need a newer UEDS picture. Not one from the photoshoot.

Paulina
09-26-2010, 09:48 PM
I would really, really, really love to see more videos up. With or without translations.

AlizéeInspired
09-26-2010, 09:57 PM
I would really, really, really love to see more videos up. With or without translations.

I remember them discussing possibly getting rid of the video section a while back and moving the vids somewhere else (possibly a YouTube channel. not completely sure though).

But yeah, I really do enjoy the videos with the translations. The only problem is finding people who can translate the videos for us and are willing to do all the hard work to translate them.

User22
09-26-2010, 10:30 PM
I remember them discussing possibly getting rid of the video section a while back and moving the vids somewhere else (possibly a YouTube channel. not completely sure though).

But yeah, I really do enjoy the videos with the translations. The only problem is finding people who can translate the videos for us and are willing to do all the hard work to translate them.

http://www.youtube.com/user/AlizeeAmericaVideos

...Yah...be amazed...and thanks Ben, MerciAlizee, and others for being awesome:D

Yah don't know what will happen with the video section, but all I know is that they are putting almost every Alizee video known to man on the http://www.youtube.com/user/AlizeeAmericaVideos Channel....

Merci Alizée
09-26-2010, 10:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/user/AlizeeAmericaVideos

...Yah...be amazed...and thanks Ben, MerciAlizee, and others for being awesome:D

Yah don't know what will happen with the video section, but all I know is that they are putting almost every Alizee video known to man on the http://www.youtube.com/user/AlizeeAmericaVideos Channel....

Correction : Ben and Tomtentp

You can check video section discussion thread for all the details about the youtube channel and the changes.

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5902

Yeah, new videos haven't been added. Hopefully we will see new videos with translations in the channel.

User22
09-26-2010, 10:54 PM
Correction : Ben and Tomtentp

Yeah, new videos haven't been added. Hopefully we will see new videos with translations in the channel.

K thanks. And I think what they are shooting for is uploading all Alizee videos in chronological order. Cause there are about 10 videos on the channel and all are VERY EARLY Gourmandises era...

But anyway sorry for the off-topicness...

Jake04
09-27-2010, 01:34 AM
Thanks for bringing this up, MA. I've been actually thinking about making this suggestion to the mods for some time now. How about make this site a one-stop site for music? I mean, not just Alizee. You know, you'll always have news about the top artists like Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, etc. So, why not create a link for them here? I don't think there is a legal issue here as most sites actually encourage others to share or embed their articles as this help bring more traffic to their own sites. One site who does this is Fark.com.
http://www.fark.com/

This will introduce Alizee to other music fans who otherwise would not have heard of her.

Below is an example of what I think might work for this site. Although the site is dedicated and named after the boxer, Manny Pacquiao, it has links to other boxing news as well. Sometimes, even other sports or entertainment celebrities whom the admins think are popular to their members have links here. This site has been up since 2003 and it actually bring a lot of ad revenues to the site especially when there is a big fight coming.

http://www.mannypacquiao.ph/

user472884
09-27-2010, 03:03 AM
a section for user-submitted flash games

Azhiri
09-27-2010, 03:09 AM

Actually I love this layout, it's beautiful. :)

My only suggestion would be to have translations for more videos, I understand if that's not realistic though. Translating stuff is a long and tedious process, plus I'm not sure how many people here actually speak fluent french.

Edit:

Yessssssss.

user472884
09-27-2010, 03:13 AM
thank you for reminding me, mah lady

Can we change it so you can't see the entire forum if you're unregistered/not logged in?

Like disable the off-topic section, make it so guests are unable to view attached documents or IMG pictures, etc.

Azhiri
09-27-2010, 03:20 AM

Can we change it so you can't see the entire forum if you're unregistered/not logged in?

Like disable the off-topic section, make it so guests are unable to view attached documents or IMG pictures, etc.

Or maybe to where people can't see everything on your user profile if they're not registered. Actually that might already be a feature, unless I'm thinking of another forum.. idk, I never actually log out so I wouldn't know.

Merci Alizée
09-27-2010, 03:32 AM

Or maybe to where people can't see everything on your user profile if they're not registered. Actually that might already be a feature, unless I'm thinking of another forum.. idk, I never actually log out so I wouldn't know.

What's the advantage of such change?

Azhiri
09-27-2010, 03:37 AM
What's the advantage of such change?

Just a privacy thing really.

user472884
09-27-2010, 03:56 AM
And we'll get more people registered

(which I don't see the immediate benefit, but I'm sure there's something if one searches long enough)

Edit:

But I'm cool with keeping the videos and gallery (should it ever return) open to the public, it's what made me register here.

Zeerre
09-27-2010, 06:26 AM

I think the current layout it's great as well, and I like the picture that's on the homepage mainly because it's one of few UEdS pictures that show her forehead.:p

Människöpesten
09-27-2010, 08:08 AM
i want a new logo! :D

User22
09-27-2010, 08:52 PM

Your worried about privacy when posting a picture of yourself on the internet? Come on, anyone can figure out anyone's phone number online if they know where to find it based on information people have posted. It's easy...going on the internet is called giving away your privacy...it's a dog-eat-dog world out here:D

Människöpesten
09-27-2010, 09:43 PM

don't worry. i'm an internet bully/bouncer. i got your back.

User22
09-27-2010, 10:12 PM
So, MerciAlizee and Ben, will we get updates on what you guys are taking in to account and considering doing?

Människöpesten
09-28-2010, 12:08 AM
Ma does what he wants.

sumi1
09-28-2010, 12:18 AM
Your worried about privacy when posting a picture of yourself on the internet? Come on, anyone can figure out anyone's phone number online if they know where to find it based on information people have posted. It's easy...going on the internet is called giving away your privacy...it's a dog-eat-dog world out here:D

Searches you make on Google can be used to identify you.

MarkL
09-28-2010, 12:20 AM
A Built in Music Player that can run at the top or bottom of Every page would be nice, Ive seen it done in several forums that way people can listen to Alizee songs. Kind of entice them more if they just heard about her and want to learn more.

Also give it the option to pop out of the window too so people can surf the forums without the music player reloading.

HelixSix
09-28-2010, 03:39 AM
A Built in Music Player that can run at the top or bottom of Every page would be nice, Ive seen it done in several forums that way people can listen to Alizee songs. Kind of entice them more if they just heard about her and want to learn more.

Also give it the option to pop out of the window too so people can surf the forums without the music player reloading.
Here is a site that is exactly what you are talking about. http://www.ferrycorsten.com/ He is my favorite artist after Alizée.

Unfortunately a site like that requires a boatload of work and knowledge. People usually charge a ton for something along those lines. The only person on here I know of that could pull off something similar to that is Uméesha. Plus he makes sites about Alizée in his spare time.

LE_LOUP_DES_STEPPES
09-28-2010, 03:55 AM
Bring back "The Alizée bar and grill" PLEASE!! :D or perhaps something similar like the Alizée America tiny chat That Jalen created. But for this website. M.A does Ben approve of the idea of having a suggestion box? or did you just post up this thread without consulting Ben, in hopes that he might take a look at other peoples suggestions? just wondering :)

Merci Alizée
09-28-2010, 04:47 AM
Bring back "The Alizée bar and grill" PLEASE!! :D or perhaps something similar like the Alizée America tiny chat That Jalen created. But for this website. M.A does Ben approve of the idea of having a suggestion box? or did you just post up this thread without consulting Ben, in hopes that he might take a look at other peoples suggestions? just wondering :)

When I mentioned that we are free to post ideas here, then it means that we can suggest without getting into much trouble of thinking the possibility of the idea proposed. I see nothing wrong with this.Any good idea which is practically not feasible (given the software, management and other constraints) can't be implemented anyway. But there is nothing wrong in getting good, feasible ideas getting implemented.

We were free to make the suggestions earlier also. We used to do this through PMs and VMs to Ben and others. Like I said in my first post that idea of this thread is to bring all those suggestions to one place. This will help us to organize the ideas and we can others opinions can be involved into the discussion to have a better idea of what should be done. This will help everyone.

As far as the Alizée Bar and Grill" is concerned, we will have to carry on with the chatbox only. Chatbox is better integration to the forum and easier to maintain than the flashchat.

It would be better if we start with a thread for flash-games. Important thing is that how many people would be interested in submitting the games.

Well, the forum gives you enough options for the maintaining the privacy. About the guest userss, they can register and still see the details what you have put up.

But I'm cool with keeping the videos and gallery (should it ever return) open to the public, it's what made me register here.

Gallery will return, although I can't tell you exactly when.

Zeerre
09-28-2010, 06:37 AM
A news section on the homepage.

Människöpesten
09-28-2010, 08:02 AM
Here is a site that is exactly what you are talking about. http://www.ferrycorsten.com/ He is my favorite artist after Alizée.

Unfortunately a site like that requires a boatload of work and knowledge. People usually charge a ton for something along those lines. The only person on here I know of that could pull off something similar to that is Uméesha. Plus he makes sites about Alizée in his spare time.

yeah what's up, names umeesha. i'm awesome. i make websites in my spare time. that would like...blow my mind if i heard that in person.

User22
09-28-2010, 09:39 AM
yeah what's up, names umeesha. i'm awesome. i make websites in my spare time. that would like...blow my mind if i heard that in person.

Umeesha is definitely talented in the area of making websites and doing code....whatta beast:D

Gallery will return, although I can't tell you exactly when.

Can't wait for it to return!!!

Rev
09-28-2010, 08:03 PM

My only suggestion would be to have translations for more videos, I understand if that's not realistic though. Translating stuff is a long and tedious process, plus I'm not sure how many people here actually speak fluent french.

The site is clean and elegant as it is. I've been to too many sites the are stuffed with distractions. This site is awesome! :)

User22
09-28-2010, 08:09 PM
The site is clean and elegant as it is. I've been to too many sites the are stuffed with distractions. This site is awesome! :)

Yes! It is very well kept and I am glad there are no ads here:) Let's keep it that way please:)

wasabi622
09-28-2010, 11:06 PM
I've got nothing. This is the only forum I'm active on, so I have nothing to compare it to. It's perfect the way it is now to me! :D

Tom
09-29-2010, 08:43 PM
The "HAPPY BIRTHDAY FROM ALL OF US AT ALIZEE AMERICA! :)" message should be in different colors.

Tchaikovsky
09-29-2010, 08:52 PM
Let us use bigger avatars.

Zeerre
09-29-2010, 09:00 PM

I second this request.

User22
09-29-2010, 09:55 PM

I also concur with this motion.

DrSmith
09-29-2010, 10:23 PM
Make 'em smaller!

Tchaikovsky
09-29-2010, 10:25 PM
Make 'em smaller!

Off with his head.

Zeerre
09-29-2010, 10:34 PM
Make 'em smaller!

Burn him at the stake!

AlizéeInspired
09-29-2010, 10:37 PM
Make 'em smaller!

Seconded :D :p

I won't let you go down alone, bro!

FIGHT THE POWER!

Tchaikovsky
09-29-2010, 11:25 PM
Seconded :D :p

I won't let you go down alone, bro!

FIGHT THE POWER!
Resistance is futile.

You WILL be assimilated.

user472884
09-29-2010, 11:42 PM

If I were in charge I wouldn't include a video-chat thing directly in the site (although a direct link to the tinychat room would be nice)

Text is one thing, but throw someone behind a camera... I'd want that to be a completely separate entity from AAm

BlackAnthem
09-30-2010, 04:11 PM
If I were in charge I wouldn't include a video-chat thing directly in the site (although a direct link to the tinychat room would be nice)

Text is one thing, but throw someone behind a camera... I'd want that to be a completely separate entity from AAm

True, True. But the chat needs to be updated with something. I can't quite place it, though. In addition to that, no one is on tiny chat as often as the chat room itself.

Edit:

I second this...

...and this...

...110% this...

Something needs to change in that chatbox...!

User22
09-30-2010, 05:49 PM
We should just make a sticky thread that has the link to Tinychat and be done with it...

Zeerre
10-11-2010, 06:05 AM
New/more emoticons!

User22
10-11-2010, 03:35 PM
Update the picture at the bottom of the homepage to the video of Alizee saying hi to her fans here at AAm:D

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nJcmtE1gUXo?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nJcmtE1gUXo?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>
Thanks to ScruffyDog777 for the amazing video:D

BlackAnthem
10-11-2010, 06:11 PM
Anyone notice the spike in new members lately? We've had like 5 everyday for the past week. There should be a virtual tour on the home page.

User22
10-11-2010, 06:28 PM
Anyone notice the spike in new members lately? We've had like 5 everyday for the past week. There should be a virtual tour on the home page.

Sort of like a how-to video/where to find things? If so, then I agree.

And I guess this new spike is due to the average of 50 guests on at all times finally placing membership here, plus Scruffydog and others works, plus the AlizeeAmericaVideos Youtube site that has over 3,000 total views and was just made 2 weeks ago, plus just random videos popping up to them and making them discover who she is. Man I think we might finally be increasing in size again:D

ALS
10-11-2010, 06:53 PM
I'm so use to Alizée America's web site, it is fine with me. Now I would love to see Alizée redesign her official website.

I have never liked it and it is almost never updated. You want to make money you need to keep your fans interested and in the loop. Twitter isn't enough to keep interest in you and your career.

Here is the girl band the Bangles from the 80's web site.

Clean, simple, and to the point. They update it on a regular basis and have a lot of info from the 80's up until now. They even post in the Forum once and a while.

I'm just using it as an example and not a blue print to a new web site. There are a lot of bands out there with great web sites this was just one I picked due to it's simplicity.

The Bangles (http://www.thebangles.com/)

BTW those women are between forty nine to fifty in that photo on the home page. :eek:

User22
10-11-2010, 07:05 PM
I'm so use to Alizée America's web site, it is fine with me. Now I would love to see Alizée redesign her official website.

Yah, but there is really nothing new with her when talking about UEDS, I think she will update it once the tour and new single happen. I see no reason to update it since there is nothing to update it with.

But with Alizee's computer programming skills, I bet she could redesign it herself:D

wasabi622
10-12-2010, 02:00 AM

I have never liked it and it is almost never updated. You want to make money you need to keep your fans interested and in the loop. Twitter isn't enough to keep interest in you and your career.

I agree! Her site seems kind of low maintenance.. and gloomy. But then again, that's kind of the album's feel. I really liked how it was during the psychedelices era.

BlackAnthem
10-12-2010, 03:08 PM
Sort of like a how-to video/where to find things? If so, then I agree.

YEAH! 2 Votes, anyone else?

User22
10-12-2010, 10:00 PM
YEAH! 2 Votes, anyone else?

? How can we vote on her changing her site? We can't control that:confused:

wasabi622
10-12-2010, 10:48 PM
? How can we vote on her changing her site? We can't control that:confused:

We can't, durghh. It's simply a statement that it would be nice if it happened!

User22
10-13-2010, 09:54 AM
We can't, durghh. It's simply a statement that it would be nice if it happened!

Oh I see. I still learn am english. I thank you for explain:D

Zeerre
10-23-2010, 02:48 AM
-Allow us to type in all caps, I trust people won't abuse it.
-Increase the maximum number of characters for visitor messages.

Merci Alizée
10-23-2010, 02:50 AM
-Increase the maximum number of characters for visitor messages.

You have got private messaging feature. I would advise using it more often in case you have a long message to send. ;)

Zeerre
10-23-2010, 02:59 AM
You have got private messaging feature. I would advise using it more often in case you have a long message to send. ;)

Yeah you're right, but I find using visitor messages easier, and also visitor messages don't count towards the 500-message inbox limit.

Merci Alizée
10-23-2010, 03:03 AM
Yeah you're right, but I find using visitor messages easier, and also visitor messages don't count towards the 500-message inbox limit.

yeah, that's why long messages. Don't worry about the 500 limit. It's more than enough. It would take you over a year to fill that. If you don't want to loose your messages, then you can download your messages in different formats and then delete old messages which you don't want to have in inbox. That's what I generally do.

Aayush
10-23-2010, 03:33 AM
-whenever we click on any topic in the home menu, it redirects us to the first page of that thread always and then we'll have to click on "last" to see the most recent post. Something should be done with that so that whenever anyone click any topic then he/she will be redirected to the last post made. It'll be very convinient for all the users as well as guests.

Merci Alizée
10-23-2010, 03:39 AM
-whenever we click on any topic in the home menu, it redirects us to the first page of that thread always and then we'll have to click on "last" to see the most recent post. Something should be done with that so that whenever anyone click any topic then he/she will be redirected to the last post made. It'll be very convinient for all the users as well as guests.

You can click on the arrow just below description about last post in the third column to directly go to the last post in the thread.

Btw, have you used iSpy feature?

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/vaispy.php

you can get live feeds of all the new posts and it always links to that particular post. :)

alizeefan
10-23-2010, 11:14 AM
First i just want to say to those who want Alizee official site to be changed
because it is well...blah! I totally disagree , for me anyway it is the best website online i have ever seen .

The only thing i would want to see changed at her site would be to add comprehensive chronological lists of concert set lists,tour dates.Also a comprehensive list of Alizee merchandise including a shop of anything they could find available to sell.Perhaps even add there some of her personal memorabilia when possible autographed and auctioned for charity.

I mean sure i will buy an Alizee this or that most wanted items on ebay right,
but i would buy more if i could get them directly from her and possibly autographed.Lets see the only other thing i can think would be for her to have live chats,it is so much preferable to me when the artists are accessible and answer the fans.O k now let me get back on topic here but it is already mostly writ above...

AlizeeAmerica changes i would do the same as i said above.

1-A comprehensive,detailed list of Alizee merchandise,
A-Z Alizee,sorry if this already exists.
adding an Alizeebay to that where people can sell or trade.
Now yes that would pretty much have to be limited to entrusted
to established members or moved over to ebay once the deal was
agreed upon.

2-A comprehensive,detailed list of Alizee's concerts,tour dates including
set lists and any other stories or additions there.Individually available concert merchandise would be nice to add for instance.

Having that list would help search concert goers with stories/possibly new members and perhaps mobile phone or hand held cam recordings etc.

3-The two above easy to find like from the main pull down.

Thanks for bringing this up, MA. I've been actually thinking about making this suggestion to the mods for some time now. How about make this site a one-stop site for music? I mean, not just Alizee. You know, you'll always have news about the top artists like Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, etc. So, why not create a link for them here? I don't think there is a legal issue here as most sites actually encourage others to share or embed their articles as this help bring more traffic to their own sites. One site who does this is Fark.com.
http://www.fark.com/

This will introduce Alizee to other music fans who otherwise would not have heard of her.

Below is an example of what I think might work for this site. Although the site is dedicated and named after the boxer, Manny Pacquiao, it has links to other boxing news as well. Sometimes, even other sports or entertainment celebrities whom the admins think are popular to their members have links here. This site has been up since 2003 and it actually bring a lot of ad revenues to the site especially when there is a big fight coming.

http://www.mannypacquiao.ph/

While i love the suggestion and all though the way it is worded in the start
suggests like a revamp " How about make this site a one-stop site for music? "
I understand that it is not simply " So, why not create a link for them here? " .

Word of mouth is THE most important form of advertising.
There is without a doubt that this forum lacks any legwork
to exchange links with other similar forums or websites.

What i would do is add a small section for other female music artists and kick it off with some pictures and links to the official sites when applicable and then encourage members to find the forums for their other favorites and ask for link exchange.Also an off topic link exchange with anyone who would be willing to link here.

ALS
10-23-2010, 01:18 PM
I have been thinking about this thread and I would like to suggest another Forum Topic under Alizée. A subforum named Alizée General Topic's.

Where we can discuss such things that are not specifically in Alizée's world but are related to Alizée such as Paris, Cosica, Ajaccio, and France in general. Other issues discussed there would be Travel to France, places to see, stay, shopping and so on.

Same rules as to discussing of French Politics as applied to the rest of the forum.

We have the Apprendre le français forum so a similar forum on General topics on France and Corsica would be a nice addition.

Rev
10-23-2010, 03:39 PM
I have been thinking about this thread and I would like to suggest another Forum Topic under Alizée. A subforum named Alizée General Topic's.

Where we can discuss such things that are not specifically in Alizée's world but are related to Alizée such as Paris, Cosica, Ajaccio, and France in general. Other issues discussed there would be Travel to France, places to see, stay, shopping and so on....

I agree. This sounds like a good idea. :)

Jake04
10-23-2010, 05:04 PM
First i just want to say to those who want Alizee official site to be changed
because it is well...blah! I totally disagree , for me anyway it is the best website online i have ever seen .

The only thing i would want to see changed at her site would be to add comprehensive chronological lists of concert set lists,tour dates.Also a comprehensive list of Alizee merchandise including a shop of anything they could find available to sell.Perhaps even add there some of her personal memorabilia when possible autographed and auctioned for charity.

I mean sure i will buy an Alizee this or that most wanted items on ebay right,
but i would buy more if i could get them directly from her and possibly autographed.Lets see the only other thing i can think would be for her to have live chats,it is so much preferable to me when the artists are accessible and answer the fans.O k now let me get back on topic here but it is already mostly writ above...

AlizeeAmerica changes i would do the same as i said above.

1-A comprehensive,detailed list of Alizee merchandise,
A-Z Alizee,sorry if this already exists.
adding an Alizeebay to that where people can sell or trade.
Now yes that would pretty much have to be limited to entrusted
to established members or moved over to ebay once the deal was
agreed upon.

2-A comprehensive,detailed list of Alizee's concerts,tour dates including
set lists and any other stories or additions there.Individually available concert merchandise would be nice to add for instance.

Having that list would help search concert goers with stories/possibly new members and perhaps mobile phone or hand held cam recordings etc.

3-The two above easy to find like from the main pull down.

While i love the suggestion and all though the way it is worded in the start
suggests like a revamp " How about make this site a one-stop site for music? "
I understand that it is not simply " So, why not create a link for them here? " .

Word of mouth is THE most important form of advertising.
There is without a doubt that this forum lacks any legwork
to exchange links with other similar forums or websites.

What i would do is add a small section for other female music artists and kick it off with some pictures and links to the official sites when applicable and then encourage members to find the forums for their other favorites and ask for link exchange.Also an off topic link exchange with anyone who would be willing to link here.

I agree with you that word of mouth is very important. The only problem is there are not enough people to spread the word around at this time. That is why we need to create links here to other popular singers (male and female) to bring in more people so we can introduce them to Alizee. That's the reason I suggested to make this site a one-stop site for music with emphasis of course on Alizee. Kinda like the site that I listed as examples.

I'm not sure if anyone checked the sites. But, the reasons they're popular, especially the Manny Pacquiao site is because it became a one-stop site for boxing although their main emphasis is still with MP. Also, when members or visitors of that site click on the links, it gives those writers incentives to come up with more articles about MP. I know they could only write so much about MP especially when a boxer is only fighting twice a year, so what they do is they would even write about each others' articles and give their own take on it. In other words, they would "piggy-back" on other writer's article and give their own opinion about it. Then the members would pick it up and discuss about it either favorably or not.

This keeps the ball rolling. It's like a cycle. They give us the news that we want; we give them the clicks or the readers that they need.

The only downside on this is: it became popular enough that some writers intentionally write negative things (really ridiculous things) about MP just to "bait" the readers to click on their links.

But, I believe we are all smart enough to distinguish which is true and which is a complete lie.

Finally, it's safe to say that there are more fans of music than fans of boxing. So, if that site could pull in more than 50,000 visitors a day, I think we could pull in more than that amount.

AceTone
12-07-2010, 02:10 AM
A "Café Corse", for the same purpose.

user472884
12-07-2010, 02:17 AM
Muffin Mondays, just saying

User22
12-07-2010, 04:01 PM
A new color? I think I just sinned by saying that...

Just imagine this (without the bad PaintJob):

http://img602.imageshack.us/img602/7751/newpicture2.png (http://img602.imageshack.us/i/newpicture2.png/)

DrSmith
12-07-2010, 04:27 PM
Fausse bonne idée.

(I hope I used that phrase correctly. :o)

User22
12-07-2010, 06:22 PM
Fausse bonne idée.

(I hope I used that phrase correctly. :o)

"Fake good idea" :blink:

But either way, thankyou for your kind words; greatly appreciated :)

DrSmith
12-07-2010, 06:47 PM
That means it's not a good idea. :p

User22
12-07-2010, 07:03 PM
That means it's not a good idea. :p

Haha ok then. And does anyone here know:

1)Why AAm's color is red.
2)If AAm has been any other color before.

DrSmith
12-07-2010, 07:14 PM
Because Alizée looks good in red? :D

BlackAnthem
12-07-2010, 07:16 PM
I'd like a new design. I dunno if that costs money or what...

User22
12-07-2010, 07:23 PM
I'd like a new design. I dunno if that costs money or what...

I dont think it does, the only hard thing will Ben having time to do it. He is busier than Obama atm.

DrSmith
12-07-2010, 07:34 PM
This site looks good. You guys are crazy.

User22
12-07-2010, 07:37 PM
This site looks good. You guys are crazy.

I like Blue better than red. Red symbolizes blood and blue symbolizes inspiration :) And AlizeeInspired us so I see it as more appropriate. I'm hittin up Ben with this one :D Actually wait, new thread :D

DrSmith
12-07-2010, 07:42 PM
Blue symbolises blueness. Use your head, man! It's saaaad.

Red symbolises passion, and love, and Alizée.

User22
12-07-2010, 07:45 PM
The new poll is up for color changes! VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6165

Merci Alizée
12-09-2010, 09:11 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try to do whatever I can.

Now you can have bigger avatars. The maximum size of the avatar can be 120 by 100 pixels or 24.4 KB (whichever is smaller). :)

User22
12-09-2010, 05:57 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try to do whatever I can.

Now you can have bigger avatars. The maximum size of the avatar can be 120 by 100 pixels or 24.4 KB (whichever is smaller). :)

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: REALLY?!?! I can't wait to go try it out now! Thanks MA!!!

BlackAnthem
12-09-2010, 06:13 PM
New Avatars! YES!

http://toonbarn.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/avatar-book_1_chapters_1_and_2_00031.jpg

http://w-uh.com/images/0301/Avatar_blue_people.jpg

User22
12-09-2010, 06:52 PM
Wait, are they suppose to be the size of the ones over at AF? Cause I tried to do my avatar bigger but it won't go as big as theirs...and mine is still only as big as BlackAnthem's O.o

Merci Alizée
12-09-2010, 06:57 PM
Wait, are they suppose to be the size of the ones over at AF? Cause I tried to do my avatar bigger but it won't go as big as theirs...and mine is still only as big as BlackAnthem's O.o

No, not that large. Max size is 120 x 100 or 24.4 KB. Read my post above.

DrSmith
12-09-2010, 06:57 PM
Yours is bigger, Aaron. It's 100 pixels tall, which is the new limit. You could maker wider though.

User22
12-09-2010, 07:01 PM
Yours is bigger, Aaron. It's 100 pixels tall, which is the new limit. You could maker wider though.

ahhhh I see. I can't wait to go make a wider sig :D

BlackAnthem
12-23-2010, 01:40 PM
I think we should have a media player that features her songs on the home page and the forum pages. This way all the noobs who "just looking" can get a taste of the action.

http://www.qweas.com/downloads/audio/other/scr-avs-media-player.jpg

Like one of those. That plays Alizee.

wasabi622
12-23-2010, 11:10 PM
I think we should organize those 3 videos that are seen on the homepage. Right now, it's the 3 most recently added videos. But I think, very similar to BA's suggestion, that we should pick the 3 most important/popular videos to put there. Something that'll really catch the visitors eye.

I'm naturally going to include J'en Ai Marre as one of the three. The other two is up for discussion, but I'd imagine they would be ones from each different album.

Merci Alizée
01-07-2011, 09:39 AM
In this new year, we have lot of things to do. Alizée's career isn't fast right now and forum also goes slower. Such situation can be used to give us time, think about what's our focus, change ourselves a bit, organize and adapt in such a way that we can make our experience better and this requires support of all members.

I want to restructure the forums. What you guys think about it and what are your suggestions?

I remember suggestion by ALS on separating Alizée related general discussion. What more can be done?

User22
01-07-2011, 10:33 AM
I think that is a great proposal. There definitely is a lot of time, so we should use it to our advantage like you said. Let's definitely make the forum even more appealing to grab newcomers' eyes.

All I would really like is the "Color Changing Box" to be available.

Merci Alizée
01-11-2011, 09:38 AM
Not sure if you got me or not, Aaron. I'll try to explain it.

I want suggestions from all members about restructing of forums. Currently there are two forums - Alizée and other subjects which are further divided into many subforums. Is there a need to change it? If yes, then what should be changed and why?

BlackAnthem
01-19-2011, 07:17 PM
*Ahem*...Ok. So I realize we have a LOT of inactive members. I'm pretty sure that we have all their emails on file somewhere. Could we send them a mass email like:

JUST A REMINDER: You have a AlizeeAmerica Account! Come Back!

I dunno thought we'd get more traffic.

User22
01-19-2011, 09:49 PM
*Ahem*...Ok. So I realize we have a LOT of inactive members. I'm pretty sure that we have all their emails on file somewhere. Could we send them a mass email like:

JUST A REMINDER: You have a AlizeeAmerica Account! Come Back!

I dunno thought we'd get more traffic.

I am pretty sure mods can send out PMs to all members or even their emails. Either way, there will be inactivity until Alizee becomes active. Just wait out the storm ;)

severianb
01-20-2011, 01:43 AM
Eh. I like the forums the way they are.

user472884
01-24-2011, 10:12 PM
I don't know how one would go about fixing this, but when you look up "Alizee America" in any search engine, underneath the listing it lists a few threads, including the one about "Corsica is the Poorest Part of France"

Just doesn't seem like the best thing to be advertising when we're trying to garner traffic

User22
01-26-2011, 09:21 PM
I don't know how one would go about fixing this, but when you look up "Alizee America" in any search engine, underneath the listing it lists a few threads, including the one about "Corsica is the Poorest Part of France"

Just doesn't seem like the best thing to be advertising when we're trying to garner traffic

I think it can be fixed...we'll just delete that thread :)

Rev
01-26-2011, 11:46 PM
or somehow add "no bots" to the thread.

Corsaire
01-29-2011, 09:40 AM
I was wondering how members feel about having a forum section somewhere on AAm forums where people could discuss Alizée related subjects that are more mature, controversial or simply annoying or unacceptable for many fans. I occasionally feel like discussing a topic, but I just know it will most certainly anger a lot of people here, so I just drop the idea. Also, we have some younger members, and although they certainly are very mature, some subjects might not be appropriate for them.

I’m thinking of a forum that would be private (not public) and that would only be accessible to members who have been warned about the nature of the topics discussed.

Would this be useful? Easily feasible?

User22
01-29-2011, 11:00 AM
It would be hard to monitor, and it would most certainly go against forum rules hehe.

But what I do when I need someone to talk to about more mature topics, I find someone on the forum and ask if they would talk about it with me. I suggest you find someone you like or trust then PM them. That's also how great relationships start :)

Corsaire
01-29-2011, 11:51 AM
It would be hard to monitor, and it would most certainly go against forum rules hehe.

But what I do when I need someone to talk to about more mature topics, I find someone on the forum and ask if they would talk about it with me. I suggest you find someone you like or trust then PM them. That's also how great relationships start :)

Aaron, I do not mean to engage in any topics or discussions that would violate any of the AAm forum rules. My idea is to discuss topics freely with people who are open-minded. It just happens that, as it is the case for any celebrity, many fans are... how to say... “intolerant” to certain topics. I would prefer not to have to deal with an avalanche of “we don’t want to discuss this here, why don’t you just listen to her music” or “why even discuss this, do you like Alizée or not?” type of posts which make any decent discussion basically impossible.

The PM solution is not a bad idea per se, and I already use it to some extent, but this is not the best way to find people to discuss some of these topics. I think the best way would be to post in a dedicated forum (as suggested) and see who is interested. Then, I think that as connections are made and interests converge, PM becomes interesting.

My goal is to allow free discussion without hurting the sensitivity of people who are affected by “controversial” or less conventional issues.

Euphoria
01-29-2011, 12:01 PM
I was wondering how members feel about having a forum section somewhere on AAm forums where people could discuss Alizée related subjects that are more mature, controversial or simply annoying or unacceptable for many fans. I occasionally feel like discussing a topic, but I just know it will most certainly anger a lot of people here, so I just drop the idea. Also, we have some younger members, and although they certainly are very mature, some subjects might not be appropriate for them.

I’m thinking of a forum that would be private (not public) and that would only be accessible to members who have been warned about the nature of the topics discussed.

Would this be useful? Easily feasible?

Sounds like a great idea to me. Honestly, too many members on here are ridiculously sensitive. Would be nice to have a discussion without people getting their panties in a wad.

AlizéeInspired
01-29-2011, 12:56 PM
I would suggest maybe trying these topics out in the chatbox, but it's not nearly as busy as usual. That and you don't get as many people's opinions or say on whatever subject is being discussed there.

I'm all for the idea if the mods and Ben are down. I suppose it would give the forum a little more to talk about, depending on what subjects would be discussed. It seems that these types of discussions and conversations get more feedback and posts as well as provoking a little more thought being put into posts as they often turn into debates. It's good for people to discuss the touchy or sensitive subjects sometimes. As long as people stay fairly respectful towards one another when discussing, I don't see what you're suggesting to be that big of a deal.

However, I don't think this idea will go through. I do vote up though. We could always try it and if it doesn't work, then can it.

The reason why I don't think this will happen is because it would essentially be the same as a discussion being posted in the 'Alizée Discussion' section. The only real difference would be that the discussions in that part of the forum would only be open to members rather than both members and visitors. I don't know that people would know exactly what to post and things could and probably would still get out of hand. While I agree there are some people who are a little more sensitive to some subjects than others, I also can say that there are people who could approach some conversations or discussions a little wiser or with a little more respect to other members.

That being said, if there is to be a sub-forum like this, then I think there should be an emphasis to the members that enter not only on the content, but to be respectful towards other members while discussing. Personal attacks and insults should be saved for PM's and resolved there, if anywhere on the forum.

Also, I think what Aaron means by the forum rules is that we're not really encouraged to post much that could be too offensive, rude, or personal to Alizée. Not that the subjects you have in mind are, but there are topics that could be considered as such.

Mon Maquis
01-29-2011, 01:43 PM
I agree with a more mature section. I would love to talk about a few topics, but I feel when I post something, I get told I don't know what I am talking about by younger people or people trying to protect Alizee.

I'm just trying to talk about things and get people feedback, but it always turns to an major argument like "if you don't like Alizee, why are you here". That's not the point, not everything can be 100 % positive all the time. So I tend to just not post anything.

Euphoria
01-29-2011, 01:53 PM
I agree with a more mature section. I would love to talk about a few topics, but I feel when I post something, I get told I don't know what I am talking about by younger people or people trying to protect Alizee.

I'm just trying to talk about things and get people feedback, but it always turns to an major argument like "if you don't like Alizee, why are you here". That's not the point, not everything can be 100 % positive all the time. So I tend to just not post anything.

Same here.

Corsaire
01-29-2011, 03:26 PM
Valid points AI.

There is a possibility that it would not make much difference as many of the often too “sensitive” members would probably not resist the urge to post in that section in order to defend and protect the image they conceive of a perfect Alizée that cannot be criticized under any circumstances. Also, some topics might be so strange or unusual (“Is MF an alien”) that derisive and derogative comments would still be posted. But I just think that this section might be a place where people like me, who are not solely interested in conventional topics, could discuss more freely.

There are specific issues that should be addressed though:

- There should be not tolerance for any sort of abuse of members or Alizée herself. All the rules of AAm forums and good netiquette should be strictly enforced.
- A notice should warn members of the nature of the topics being discussed.
- Would this “private” (not public) forum become so popular that it would significantly deplete the number of posts in the regular public forums? That would be deleterious for AAm since there is little being posted to start with.
- Inevitably, people who post in that forum would be seen as members who might impede the promotion of Alizée, even if this would be a biased opinion.
- Linking directly to that forum from the public forums should be disallowed.
- People should be warned that the forum and all its posts could be deleted at any time if the experiment proves to be unfruitful. Who would take such a decision would have to be determined before the forum is created, I suppose.

user472884
01-29-2011, 03:48 PM
some subjects might not be appropriate for them.

I think Azhiri and I can handle it...

Corsaire
01-29-2011, 04:04 PM
I think Azhiri and I can handle it...

Are you kidding? You guys are so mature I think you both suffer from dyscalculia and that you actually are respectively 41 and 61. :D
I’m just thinking about others in the younger crowd that might not feel they are mature enough to be exposed to certain topics.

I guess the “age” thing comes into consideration when thinking about more sexual topics, but I would think a “private” forum would be useful for all sorts of less conventional or more controversial topics, as I mentioned earlier.

Azhiri
01-29-2011, 06:43 PM
The "more controversial" topics thing sounds like a good idea to me. Haha, I just pictured another section in the list of Alizee sections called "Mature Discussion" and thought, "oh dear, people may get the wrong idea". ;)

A private discussion section would not go amiss. The more disagreeable opinions could have a place there and they wouldn't just be sitting out there for the more diehard Alizee supporters to see and get their feathers ruffled.

User22
01-29-2011, 07:49 PM
If this "Private Discussion" were to exist, how would you keep the threads in it from popping up on the home page? Because you guys are saying you want it to be quite inaccessible in order to not have "less mature" members see it and get their feathers ruffled(aka Get mad at people).

Cause I could imagine some "less mature" fan visiting this forum and clicking a thread on the home page that reads "Alizée's Sexual Beauty", then him/her getting really upset at what he reads. Since after all Corsaire, you said you wanted "sexual comments" to be allowed. I am not saying that thread is something you would ppst so please don't see it that way.

I just feel that this will be unhealthy for the members of this forum since talking about Alizée in a sexual way or talking about controversial things about her always ends up in someone getti g hurt or offended, and it most always tends to be degrading to Alizée.

Azhiri
01-29-2011, 07:55 PM
Actually by private discussion I was thinking more in terms of people who have different opinions but then get yelled at no matter how nicely-put the comment may be, and mature as in intellectual; sexual comments are a different matter. I think things like "this is a very sexy picture blah blah blah" and "I think she's sexy etc etc etc" are fine and good but other, more specific conversations (that would upset a "less mature" fan like aaron said) are simply disrespectful and best left to yourself, or private messaging.

Fèvier
01-29-2011, 08:07 PM
These are all great points but honestly, if someone sees a thread with a name that worries said person, then just leave it alone. No need to look into the thread knowing you will be disappointed which is sadly is not what happens most of the times.

Oh and Azhiri, your post count has 666! :eek:

User22
01-29-2011, 08:24 PM
Oh I see what you're saying now Azhiri, and I totally agree. So yeah, how do we get this forum made? MerciAlizée, where are you? Hehe

BrianO1
01-29-2011, 11:59 PM
Yeah, I dont think Corsaire meant sexual topics. (since that would break rule 1 of this forum, and would be quite disrespectful to Lili ) as Azhiri said, best to keep any of that off forum. :)

I think he just meant more deep and meaningful talks, with some topics that may not hold back, and may be a bit more "in your face" then some may like.

Am I correct in this Corsaire?

Corsaire
01-30-2011, 10:04 AM
Aaron, people would not see the topic on the homepage of AAm. This forum should only be accessible for members who are interested in participating in discussions of that nature. Directly linking to that section from the public forum would not be possible either, so to avoid spill over of the topics in the public forums. Also, that section would not be available to indexing by search engines, so, you could not get there by clicking a search result link in Google, for example. If a member did show up in that section, it would be his (or her) own decision to do so and he would have to accept that some posts might “challenge” some of his convictions or conceptions. But again, just so this is clear, there would be no transgressing of any AAm forums rules or proper netiquette that would allowed.

Concerning the “sexual” topics that seem to be a big concern here ;), I think it should be handled the same way that any other topic would, meaning, again, if it respects all the rules of AAm forums and good netiquette, then it is fair game. By the way can someone direct me to the rules of AAm forums that concern unacceptable topics? I keep searching but I can’t find them. Brian01 says that the first rule stipulates that discussing “sexual” topics is not allowed, if this is the case, I can tell you someone has been asleep at the switch :D because some pretty explicit sexual topics have been discussed on AAm public forums in the past. And frankly, a forum about Alizée where you cannot discuss the highly sexual content of some of her lyrics or the highly suggestive moves or imagery she has used in her career would be silly. But it should be done while keeping in mind that we need to respect all members and, evidently, Alizée herself.

DrSmith
01-30-2011, 10:13 AM
By the way can someone direct me to the rules of AAm forums that concern unacceptable topics? I keep searching but I can’t find them.

In the Support (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5) section, at the top of the page.

Corsaire
01-30-2011, 10:29 AM
In the Support (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5) section, at the top of the page.

That is well hidden as far as I am concerned... but I have been known to search for information in all the wrong places. Merci docteur!

So, I just read the rules and I don’t really see any problem with what I suggested so far. “PG-13” level would have a filtering effect on more sexually explicit content, but as I have said, some pretty sexually explicit stuff has been posted on AAm public forums in the past.

BrianO1
01-30-2011, 12:03 PM
Brian01 says that the first rule stipulates that discussing “sexual” topics is not allowed,

Sorry I guess I was not super clear.

I was not saying all sexual topics were a no no. Me and Jung have some stories we could tell ;)

I simply meant that more explicite and vulgar discussions about Alizée herself were going against that forum rule. :)

Again, sorry for not being clear.

User22
01-30-2011, 01:18 PM
some pretty sexually explicit stuff has been posted on AAm public forums in the past.

Hehe woops :o

Corsaire
01-30-2011, 02:36 PM
Sorry I guess I was not super clear.

I was not saying all sexual topics were a no no. Me and Jung have some stories we could tell ;)

I simply meant that more explicite and vulgar discussions about Alizée herself were going against that forum rule. :)

Again, sorry for not being clear.

No problem, I see what you mean.
And anyway, vulgar and Alizée in the same discussion, how could this ever happen? ;)

Fèvier
01-30-2011, 04:57 PM
Just a thought. How would new members who would like to participate even find out of a hidden thread? Sure they can "ask" but how will they ask if they do not even know of it's existence?

Not trying to shutdown the ideas, I'm all for it and think it is a very good and helpful one!

Corsaire
01-30-2011, 06:19 PM
Just a thought. How would new members who would like to participate even find out of a hidden thread? Sure they can "ask" but how will they ask if they do not even know of it's existence?

Not trying to shutdown the ideas, I'm all for it and think it is a very good and helpful one!

Sure Fèv, questions and comments are welcome.
I am thinking this would be a forum listed as all the other ones, but it would only be accessible to AAm members. Something like:

Member Area (not public)
civilly discuss mature and contentious Alizée related topics

HelixSix
01-30-2011, 07:47 PM
I think as long as people have a heads up about stuff they might encounter in the private section they shouldn't be surprised or offended as much. It would be like venturing into the deep end of the pool.

The issue is who has access to the section and who/what decides how they get into it. You can't just let everybody in. Right now I bet the vast majority of people would say "sure let me in I can handle it" or "I can change" if they don't fit the mold right now. It would defeat the purpose of having a separate section. In that case we would just need a pretty heavy overhaul of the standards in all the existing areas of the forum and heavy enforcement by the mods, at least until things have been established.

If there was a private section to be created I think the founders and the earliest people of this forum should decide who gets in. Plus some of the people who have been keeping track of things up until now. If it's left up to a popularity contest with everybody having a say it will fail.

AlizéeInspired
01-30-2011, 09:37 PM
I think as long as people have a heads up about stuff they might encounter in the private section they shouldn't be surprised or offended as much. It would be like venturing into the deep end of the pool.

The issue is who has access to the section and who/what decides how they get into it. You can't just let everybody in. Right now I bet the vast majority of people would say "sure let me in I can handle it" or "I can change" if they don't fit the mold right now. It would defeat the purpose of having a separate section. In that case we would just need a pretty heavy overhaul of the standards in all the existing areas of the forum and heavy enforcement by the mods, at least until things have been established.

If there was a private section to be created I think the founders and the earliest people of this forum should decide who gets in. Plus some of the people who have been keeping track of things up until now. If it's left up to a popularity contest with everybody having a say it will fail.

I understand what you're saying, but I think everyone at least deserves a chance at it if this does come to pass. For example, if a person is a newer member and/or fan compared to most, that doesn't mean one should judge their maturity or 'readiness' based solely on that. I just feel a lot of people could get left out if members who get in are hand picked.

With what you're suggesting, I think that maybe we could implement some type of 'terms of agreement' or 'license of agreement' or something for the private part of the forum. Upon entering (or maybe even registering for) the private forum, members would have to read and choose to agree to a statement to enter. The statement, rules, and guidelines could be written by the admins, mods, and older members. Upon agreeing to the statement, members would also be agreeing that if they were to break the contract, rules, or guidelines set in the agreement, then they would be banned from that part of the forum until further notice. However, I'm not completely sure if this is possible to do, but it is an idea that could be considered.

Again, I only suggest this because I believe that everyone should get their fair shot at it if there is such a part of the forum. The worst that could happen this way is 90% of the people there get banned from the private forums :rolleyes: lol. The forums would still be there and those people could be given time, if needed, to "mature" and gain access to that part of the forum once again.

User22
01-30-2011, 09:53 PM
AI that sounds like a very valid system...but I asked some guy that would know if this is possible or not if it would be possible to do this, and he said "probably not" since like Helix said, it would be unfair to determine who can enter and who doesn't.

Azhiri
01-30-2011, 10:54 PM
Ha, maybe it would be easier if we all just agreed not to be sensitive and respect everyone's opinions. ;)

user472884
01-30-2011, 11:03 PM
Respect? Damn it woman, we're MER'KUNS!

Corsaire
01-31-2011, 12:08 AM
Myself, I think every AAm member should be allowed to enter that forum. I don’t see why anyone would need to be “selected” by peers. A selection process implies some sort of biased opinion and I don’t think we should lean in this direction.

I believe the main goal is to avoid hurting the more “sensitive” members while giving some space to members who want to engage is such discussions. Of course “sensitive” members will still post in that forum and complain about the topics being discussed, but the point is that they will then have to live with their decision to complain about something they know they can easily avoid. You don’t like what is being discussed here, just don’t participate in this forum! One could say the same thing about the public forums, but to be frank, it is just not the same.

One thing that could be envisaged is to have an extra rule that stipulates that a member whose sole intent is to complain about topics or impede free discussion will be banned from this particular forum.

Edit:

Ha, maybe it would be easier if we all just agreed not to be sensitive and respect everyone's opinions. ;)

What a strange concept!? :D

Rev
01-31-2011, 12:11 AM
If you are going to do this it has to be fully rule based (in other words nobody gets to "pick" anyone) or else it will become disruptive to the overall forum. If not done correctly it could even destroy the forum.

What rules would you establish that everyone would consider to be fair? If you included rules that are difficuly to verify (for example: above a specific age) how would you make this work?

The forum works well as it is. Do you really want to throw out silver is search of gold? :)

AlizéeInspired
01-31-2011, 12:54 AM
AI that sounds like a very valid system...but I asked some guy that would know if this is possible or not if it would be possible to do this, and he said "probably not" since like Helix said, it would be unfair to determine who can enter and who doesn't.

I guess you misunderstood me :confused:. That's pretty much what I said was that we shouldn't determine who can enter and who doesn't as it wouldn't be fair. Everyone with a membership would be allowed in until they started causing too many problems there. If they caused too many problems and were disrespectful, then they would get banned from the private forum until further notice. The "bad seeds" would pretty much sort themselves out. Anyway, it's just me throwing ideas out there and trying to contribute to the idea a bit.

However, the more that I've thought about this, while it isn't exactly a bad idea, I don't really know if the private forum would be necessary if the basic rules of topics and discussions were the same as the main forum. It would essentially be the same as the forums now except people wouldn't be able to view them without being logged in. It's the internet. People are going to have different views on things and get heated whether we like it or not. Isn't that part of the point of a forum though, to discuss, debate, and share ideas and views with other people. When things get out of hand, the mods sort it out. The private forum would essentially be the same unless certain rules were bent, changed, or added. Even if people can be banned from the private forums, yet still be able to fully participate in the rest of the forums, there will still be hard feelings for such a thing happening and fights could and most likely would still push on. The way it looks, if we can't have "mature" and "civilized" discussions on the current public forums, then it probably won't have much of a better chance in a private forum. Why don't we try out one of the topics that Corsaire has in mind? If you're comfortable with starting one that is. If it goes well, then we won't need to even think about a private forum. If it fails, then that could better help draw lines for a starting point. (again, just throwing ideas out there a little bit)

Azhiri
01-31-2011, 01:07 AM
I really don't see the harm in trying it out for a while as an experiment and seeing how it goes. If it is a success then yay, we can discuss controversial things unhindered! If not, it could be taken down.

Now, I don't know how much coding and effort would have to be spent, but it sounds like we could make it work. I'll pass word on up and see what can be done.

HelixSix
01-31-2011, 04:46 AM
I guess part of my "private membership" or "complete reform" thing has to do with how I PM'd a mod awhile back about a similar idea. I think mine was about having a "mature off topic section" because the one we have right now is just the same people making it impossible to have any kind of reasonable discussion about anything. Right now it should be called "off topic troll section". The same people often fill up threads in the Alizée Discussion area too with unneeded matter that takes up space on a page.

An example is the two main picture threads. There are so many posts compared to pictures. I've checked out picture threads in other forums about famous people and the comments are usually limited to "thanks", "wow he/she is gorgeous, ty for pics" just to show appreciation. The pictures are thumbnails that link to the actual picture in full size to not take up space and nobody quotes the pictures either which takes up even more space. It really is nice not having to wade through pages of text and irrelevance to find what a lot of people are here for - pictures of her and what she is up to.

I believe many of the longer standing members would be posting often if this place was cleaner or there was a private section. That's how it is for me at least. This place has basically evolved into a playground with kids running around everywhere. This is why the only times you see the older members talk is when it's about something meaningful or personal like somebody attacking our girl. But even then the "kids" are popping in trying to be funny. I think this also leads to some fights because on the rare occasion an issue that sparks interest comes along people want to dive in. It sucks that I'm saying this and throwing people under the bus but somebody has to.

Azhiri
01-31-2011, 10:13 AM
An example is the two main picture threads. There are so many posts compared to pictures. I've checked out picture threads in other forums about famous people and the comments are usually limited to "thanks", "wow he/she is gorgeous, ty for pics" just to show appreciation. The pictures are thumbnails that link to the actual picture in full size to not take up space and nobody quotes the pictures either which takes up even more space. It really is nice not having to wade through pages of text and irrelevance to find what a lot of people are here for - pictures of her and what she is up to.

I believe many of the longer standing members would be posting often if this place was cleaner or there was a private section. That's how it is for me at least. This place has basically evolved into a playground with kids running around everywhere. This is why the only times you see the older members talk is when it's about something meaningful or personal like somebody attacking our girl. But even then the "kids" are popping in trying to be funny. I think this also leads to some fights because on the rare occasion an issue that sparks interest comes along people want to dive in. It sucks that I'm saying this and throwing people under the bus but somebody has to.

Well, up until very recently there have been precious little new photos and news. The difference between Alizee and other celebrities is that her fans are adoring and all, but she is not very active. People are going to keep themselves entertained in any way they can. Is this a good thing? No, not really. Is it going to happen anyway? Probably.

From what I've heard there was a lot of this in the days between Psyche and UEdS. I was not here in those times, but I've taken other people's word for it. Is this not exactly the same thing?

AlizéeInspired
01-31-2011, 10:59 AM
I guess part of my "private membership" or "complete reform" thing has to do with how I PM'd a mod awhile back about a similar idea. I think mine was about having a "mature off topic section" because the one we have right now is just the same people making it impossible to have any kind of reasonable discussion about anything. Right now it should be called "off topic troll section". The same people often fill up threads in the Alizée Discussion area too with unneeded matter that takes up space on a page.

I understand what you're saying, but I still believe everyone should get a fair shot at it if this does happen. It would be unfair and a bit rude to start a private forum having members who would not be allowed to enter it from the beginning. If there are rules and guidelines that are stated for the private forum, then those that break them would be banned from it until further notice. I keep saying this because I don't think we should quite leave it up to people to decide who gets in and doesn't without us knowing for sure who would mess things up while there. We can predict that certain members will post certain things. We can even predict that certain members may engage in or provoke harsh arguments, but unless there is a private forum with customized rules, then we shouldn't judge people negatively before all of that. Members may handle themselves differently in a private forum with customized rules. Right now there are no rules to keep people from doing what upsets you, so how can you truely say that those same people will continue to do those things in a private forum unless certain rules or guidelines are put in place? It just seems a little more fair to allow everyone be a part of it and then let the "bad seeds" sort themselves out. If members start "trolling", then they could maybe get a warning or something before getting banned from the private forums. Depending on the level or extent of their violation, the member could be banned or kicked from the private forums for a certain amount of time or until mods, admins, etc. felt otherwise.

With what you're implying, I take it that only older members, mods, admins, and a few other hand picked members would be allowed in. Who decides who gets in? What would be the criteria for members to get in? Would personal feelings towards other members be put into play? What happens if it doesn't work out with the "hand picked" members? Judgement shouldn't be passed onto everyone before their actions are taken in a private forum. The rules and guidelines would be there to warn them to keep in line. There aren't such rules here to keep people from doing what seems to get you upset, so maybe you could offer help in making rules or setting guidelines for a private forum. That way you would be happy with what is allowed there and things would remain fair in letting everyone get a shot at it rather than only allowing certain members in from the start.

Anyway, I still stand by what I said earlier. Unless a private forum has rules that are bent, changed, or added to the current ones, then it wouldn't really be necessary. I'll end again with this: The way it looks, if we can't have "mature" and "civilized" discussions on the current public forums, then it probably won't have much of a better chance in a private forum. Why don't we try out one of the topics that Corsaire has in mind? If you're comfortable with starting one that is. If it goes well, then we won't need to even think about a private forum. If it fails, then that could better help draw lines for a starting point.

(I'm sorry for any bad grammar or run-ons lol. I understand that what I write is sometimes hard to read. If what I'm saying isn't being understood clearly because of the way I'm putting down my ideas, then please feel free to ask. :))

BlackAnthem
01-31-2011, 11:07 AM
Everyone just shut up! Be quiet! Chill out! You're makin' me...MM...Angry! Let's all just take a giant chill pill and let's talk about this! Be cool.

Now everyone needs to RELAX.

AlizéeInspired
01-31-2011, 11:21 AM
Everyone just shut up! Be quiet! Chill out! You're makin' me...MM...Angry! Let's all just take a giant chill pill and let's talk about this! Be cool.

:confused: Not sure what you've read from all of this, but I didn't think anyone was fighting...

Sorry if you took my monster posts that way lol. I don't really think that there have been any negative personal insults so far or name calling. We're simply exchanging views and ideas on the possiblity of a private forum and how it should be executed if it is possible. At least, that's what I thought :confused:

Fèvier
01-31-2011, 11:26 AM

What fighting do you see? A good point was brought up and people have simply been expanding on the idea and giving suggestions? :blink:

But I think AI brings up a good debate. If people are chosen to get in, I'm sure some will start being a "kiss-up" to get their way in even they are no mature enough to be in such a suggested place. Maybe at registration the newer members may be given an option to have a mature or regular view of the forums. Not sure how that may work but just a thought worth giving. Sorry that I don't give much input into these types of things, it's just that I don't know what to add and/or my idea is already taken. :/

BlackAnthem
01-31-2011, 11:54 AM
What fighting do you see? A good point was brought up and people have simply been expanding on the idea and giving suggestions? :blink:

But I think AI brings up a good debate. If people are chosen to get in, I'm sure some will start being a "kiss-up" to get their way in even they are no mature enough to be in such a suggested place. Maybe at registration the newer members may be given an option to have a mature or regular view of the forums. Not sure how that may work but just a thought worth giving. Sorry that I don't give much input into these types of things, it's just that I don't know what to add and/or my idea is already taken. :/

I was just sayin... :D :rolleyes:

Kinda like a censored version? Like people could thumbs-up or down a comment based on appropriate-ness?!!?

You know...unless we have a real self-programed site that isn't based off this...what is it?...vBulliten...we can't really do half this stuff.

I propose this site get a total make over...OH WAIT...we have no money. I wish I could do it. ALAS! I am but a humble troll! :eek: :D :p ;)

Oh also! I see what you mean AI. I assumed... :( But privatizing the forums is not the best idea. The point of the forum is to get people involved with the promotion of Alizee in the States (or elsewhere as the case may be.) Censoring ANY content may have an impact on serious viewers (WHICH I WANNA TALK ABOUT BTW!). Now if your suggesting that profiles and the Off-Topic portion of the forums be locked to BOT VIEWING (which I think you are) then I agree.

NOW About the "serious viewers". I know that when I'm looking for info on something, especially on the web, I want it IMMEDIATELY. Therefore I want an attractive site with the info right there! Forums are intimidating! I don't wanna search through MILES of posts.

I wanna make the homepage more about the site. Keep the Alizee stuff there but let's give visitors a rundown of what we do here.

THE END.

Edit:

Allow me to elaborate:

SEARCH: Alizeeamerica on BING:
FIRST LINK: alizeeamerica.com
DESCRIPTION: About Alizée (Ah-lee-zay) Alizée is a French singer from Ajaccio, Corsica. She has sold more than five million records and taken part in performances throughout the world.
She debuted in 2000 with the album Gourmandises, featuring the hit single, Moi... Lolita. Mes Courants Électriques followed in 2003, with a live album in 2004, all ...
Popular links

* Donate
* French Movies
* Contact Webmaster

SEARCH: Alizeeamerica on GOOGLE:
DESCRIPTION: High quality Alizée videos with English translations and subtitles.
alizeeamerica.com/ - Cached - Similar
Forums
Videos
Newest Alizée Pictures: 2010
A true fan no more...(Long post)

Corsica is the poorest part of France
Her nose...
Newest Alizée Pictures: 2009
Her hair

SEARCH: Alizeeamerica on YAHOO:
DESCRIPTION: High quality Alizée videos with English translations and subtitles.
alizeeamerica.com - Cached

* Forums
* Videos
* Video
* Is Alizée Mixed

* The French Macarena
* Dr. Alizée Jacotey
* Moi Lolita - Remix
* Podcast

more results from alizeeamerica.com »
REALLY GUYS? This says NOTHING about the site which is what people wanna know about. I'll be honest this site isn't just "High quality Alizée videos with English translations and subtitles." Think it over.

Euphoria
01-31-2011, 01:01 PM
The problem is the "run down" of what goes on on the forum is a lot of fanboy-ism. I mean really, we know shes beautiful but is it really necessary to have an entire thread dedicated to her nose, hair, even feet? Honestly, some of these threads are borderline creepy.

user472884
01-31-2011, 01:34 PM
The problem is the "run down" of what goes on on the forum is a lot of fanboy-ism. I mean really, we know shes beautiful but is it really necessary to have an entire thread dedicated to her nose, hair, even feet? Honestly, some of these threads are borderline creepy.

Most were jokes.

Regards,

Jalen

BlackAnthem
01-31-2011, 01:46 PM
Well still. That's part of the problem. We need to attract people not make them go: "Oh, cool Alizee...*click*...Her nose...hmm...*close*"

Yeah well. We should fix that.

Euphoria
01-31-2011, 02:30 PM
Most were jokes.

Regards,

Jalen

Random people don't know that. ;)

BlackAnthem
01-31-2011, 02:33 PM

Thumbs Up.

user472884
01-31-2011, 05:31 PM

Neither did you, apparently.

BlackAnthem
01-31-2011, 06:08 PM
Well despite that...you get where I'm going?

Azhiri
01-31-2011, 07:01 PM

I agree. When I first came here the reason I just kinda registered and then left the forum alone was because I thought, "Well, there's a thread dedicated to her feet.. uh, okay.. and.. oh, "Newest Pictures" -click- .. wow, these guys are in love.. okay.. -leave-"

And then when I caught wind of UEdS's arrival I started checking in and posting.

We certainly can't lay down a bunch of super-strict "you can't say this or that and then some" rules here. However, I do feel that we could do with a tad less of "WOW she's so beautiful <3333". We can see her, we know she's beautiful, and everyone including you has already said it; there's simply no point. I'm sorry if I squash anyone's enthusiasm and I love you guys, but it has to be said.

DrSmith
01-31-2011, 07:25 PM
I agree. When I first came here the reason I just kinda registered and then left the forum alone was because I thought, "Well, there's a thread dedicated to her feet.. uh, okay.. and.. oh, "Newest Pictures" -click- .. wow, these guys are in love.. okay.. -leave-"

And then when I caught wind of UEdS's arrival I started checking in and posting.

We certainly can't lay down a bunch of super-strict "you can't say this or that and then some" rules here. However, I do feel that we could do with a tad less of "WOW she's so beautiful <3333". We can see her, we know she's beautiful, and everyone including you has already said it; there's simply no point. I'm sorry if I squash anyone's enthusiasm and I love you guys, but it has to be said.

It's simple… kill The Aaronius.

http://www.digitalbusstop.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/The-Joker.png

BlackAnthem
01-31-2011, 07:42 PM
Well what...he's one guy. You'd have to kill...Oh I dunno...everyone? But the point is I think, that people wanna come here and see dedicated people. Not beating around the bush or whatever.

I know when I got here I was pretty freakin' serious about bringing her to the US. I know we've lost some of that very enthusiasm that drives us. I dunno why. The ball isn't in her court. We still need to provoke her and do more stuff.

Well whatever. I don't wanna start anything...but I wanted to bring it up. Kaythanksbye!

HelixSix
01-31-2011, 08:10 PM
The forum might be skewing in the wrong direction from what the original founders intended it to be. But they might not be able to do much since taking action could push members and new guys away. It is left pretty much in our hands what happens in this place. And I don't think some people realize they could be making this place look bad, unprofessional, immature, etc. I like that the moderators don't abuse their power in here, but the result is that the newer members have basically taken over. I'd call it the troll generation (some of them are proud of being a troll) and they don't know how their actions make this forum look.

I think one purpose of a private section would be to talk about things that otherwise would shed bad light on this place to the public. I guess the opposite of that would be where the more in depth and mannered discussions happen and then just hope the public sections don't look like crap.

With what you're implying, I take it that only older members, mods, admins, and a few other hand picked members would be allowed in. Who decides who gets in? What would be the criteria for members to get in? Would personal feelings towards other members be put into play? What happens if it doesn't work out with the "hand picked" members? Judgement shouldn't be passed onto everyone before their actions are taken in a private forum.

I think that the founders and longer standing members have earned the right to make decisions like who gets into a private section or not. I also think people who have been around awhile have proven with their post history how they act and if it applies to what ever a hidden forum would be about. If I was picked or not I'd have to accept it and who knows whether it would be good or bad to get picked or not.

I think new members would understand that you have to earn the right for certain privileges like being a mod for example. In the military you start out as a private and go from there. If privates were given the same privileges as Colonels then things would be catastrophic. It would be no different here. Do you want people creating new usernames every day and going straight into the specialized forum areas to cause trouble?

BrianO1
01-31-2011, 08:24 PM
I know Im nott super active here, so..if you guys want to ignore this post, go ahead . lol

Just thought of something that may cater to all points made so far. I hope I can have this make sense, and I mean NO offense to anyone who came up with ideas points that I will cover here. :)

1. Making a section that is limited to certain people, is not a good idea I feel, because of some of the other points that have been made here.

People say that when new members come, and see "her feet-her nose-her abs" threads, they get turned off of the forum, and leave without joining. By making a private section, that only certain members can see, would do nothing but make that situatino worse. Since visitors will be limited to ONLY those "her feet-her nose-her abs" threads, since all the more mature and deep threads, are blocked from them. Which will for sure hurt the new members rate.

2. Making a whole new section for more mature conversations only, is just a tad over the top IMO. Since it would really just add more work for the mods, and would over-complicate things. But I can understand the desire for more mature conversations.

So...one way you could go about that, is adding a new rule to the forum rules. Maybe something like this:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Rule #whatever: MDO
Any thread labeled with (MDO) is meant for Mature Discussion Only. This means that while in this thread, you agree to only discuss and debate in a mature, and civil manner, even if you dont agree with the content/ideas presented.

You will remain respectful to all members, and to Alizée

No attacks on people, ideas, or opinions.

If you are unable to discuss the topic in a civil mature way, then this topic is not for you! Posts that violate this rule may be removed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then all you have to do, is title a thread something like "Alizée's Career (MDO)". This way, anyone who enters that thread, knows what they are getting into, and what is expected of them.

With this, people can have their more mature topics and discussions, without having to worry about "fan-boy" responses, the mods dont have even more stuff to worry about :p, and, anyone and everyone has the ability to join in if they want to!

Again, just a thought.

BlackAnthem
01-31-2011, 09:26 PM
Good idea. Nice sig by the way.

A few comments. I think that Off-Topic Threads should be limited to MEMBERS ONLY. Visitors would not be hurt by that. Also the "Her ____" stuff should be removed from the homepage. Nothing too extreme there. A simple way to clean up the site.

As far as immaturity amongst members: The only thing we can to do is ask nicely for them to take threads a little more seriously. Like this serious:
http://api.ning.com/files/94c4thN1aUvGqkvDwhQX3BC99q9-1vRn9P5RcR3byaqLRhWM2dp88FC49Yy2En7njYo3UlIorgEPU2 eyUGho49dQ9HCdIw8F/seriousface?crop=1%3A1

If we all do our part...ya know. We'll get it done.

Nicely put Brian.

Edit:

http://www.roflcat.com/images/cats/270911970_db35fdd4ca.jpg

Couldn't help it. :D

Azhiri
01-31-2011, 09:36 PM
Indeed.

Helix, the "troll generation" you speak of is unavoidable. I mean, it is the internet and while it can be annoying, well.. it's the internet. There will always be trolls, especially as this forum grows. That being said, it's not only us newcomers (I don't appreciate the generalizations by the way, there are newer members like Corsaire who are invaluable to the more serious discussion portion of AAm) who are sometimes immature. I can point out members here who have been here for a very long time who are just as immature, if not more so, than us "kids". I'm not trying to start an argument because we have more important subjects at hand, and I apologize if I come off as rude or disrespectful.

Brian, I never looked at it that way. If we had a private, serious-discussion section then newcomers would only see the "bad" (for want for a better word) threads and get scared off.

BlackAnthem
01-31-2011, 09:46 PM
I can point out members here who have been here for a very long time who are just as immature, if not more so, than us "kids".

That would be me... :o

I'll do better.

Azhiri
01-31-2011, 09:50 PM
That would be me... :o

I'll do better.

-pat- Not you, BA. <333

AlizéeInspired
01-31-2011, 09:50 PM
The forum might be skewing in the wrong direction from what the original founders intended it to be. But they might not be able to do much since taking action could push members and new guys away. It is left pretty much in our hands what happens in this place. And I don't think some people realize they could be making this place look bad, unprofessional, immature, etc. I like that the moderators don't abuse their power in here, but the result is that the newer members have basically taken over. I'd call it the troll generation (some of them are proud of being a troll) and they don't know how their actions make this forum look.

I think one purpose of a private section would be to talk about things that otherwise would shed bad light on this place to the public. I guess the opposite of that would be where the more in depth and mannered discussions happen and then just hope the public sections don't look like crap.

With what you're implying, I take it that only older members, mods, admins, and a few other hand picked members would be allowed in. Who decides who gets in? What would be the criteria for members to get in? Would personal feelings towards other members be put into play? What happens if it doesn't work out with the "hand picked" members? Judgement shouldn't be passed onto everyone before their actions are taken in a private forum.

I think that the founders and longer standing members have earned the right to make decisions like who gets into a private section or not. I also think people who have been around awhile have proven with their post history how they act and if it applies to what ever a hidden forum would be about. If I was picked or not I'd have to accept it and who knows whether it would be good or bad to get picked or not.

I think new members would understand that you have to earn the right for certain privileges like being a mod for example. In the military you start out as a private and go from there. If privates were given the same privileges as Colonels then things would be catastrophic. It would be no different here. Do you want people creating new usernames every day and going straight into the specialized forum areas to cause trouble?

As I said before, I completely get what you're saying. I was just voicing my opinion on what I felt was fair. If there is to be such a forum, I don't care if I'm allowed to post there or not. In fact, I probably wouldn't post there much, if at all. I probably won't be posting or visiting too much in the near future anyway. I was just voicing or taking another stance on the argument/idea based on what I felt was right and fair. I really like the idea of the forum attempting to have a more serious discussion from time to time, so I figured I'd give a little input to help out. There are negetatives on all sides of the idea and I guess I was just making sure that they would all be considered. I'm not really saying that the way you think the private forum should be carried out is wrong, I'm just saying what I feel would be best or fair. I guess I just hate that so many possible valuable people/members/views could be left out.

Anyway, I think I'm done talking about it. I've said what I feel about all of it up to this point and helped point out a few different things. Wherever it goes from here, I respect whatever decisions will be made on the matter as I'm sure all the things that have been said will be taken into consideration if this gets serious.

And Brian, I like your idea. It agrees well with this:
... Unless a private forum has rules that are bent, changed, or added to the current ones, then it wouldn't really be necessary. ... The way it looks, if we can't have "mature" and "civilized" discussions on the current public forums, then it probably won't have much of a better chance in a private forum. Why don't we try out one of the topics that Corsaire has in mind? If you're comfortable with starting one that is. If it goes well, then we won't need to even think about a private forum. If it fails, then that could better help draw lines for a starting point.

BlackAnthem
01-31-2011, 09:59 PM
-pat- Not you, BA. <333

Aw thanks. I was soo sure. <3 :p

Fèvier
01-31-2011, 10:06 PM
Yeah. I was thinking of an idea similar to brian's but I have a really odd/random headache now and can't remember at all :/

Either way, I think that labeling threads, in general could be a bit helpful. Like with Aayush, he put "[Forum Game]" om all threads to be thought of as only a game. We could try to clean things up a bit if we label threads, or at least ones that are worth labeling. As for the trolling, I admit I find much joy out of trolling, just not really here. But it must all be stopped if we want to get things running smoothly, especially for the more mature members/viewers. One thing I could also suggest is making new off-topic/ Alizée discussion sections meant to be for mature and more in depth discussions.

Another major thing is financially running this place. I know I'm not one to speak, but we need more people pitching in to help with keeping the site up. Alas I do not own a credit/debit card so I am unable to donate money and I know for sure that my parents won't let me give money. So for those that do have the ability to put in donations, a few bucks won't hurt you. I'm not asking people to give hundreds of dollars but every bit counts in maintaining and improving AAm.

That's all for now and pardon any grammar/ random words. I am on my iPod and if I misspell, auto-correction puts in random words.

Merci Alizée
01-31-2011, 10:15 PM
Feasibility of a private forum

vBulletin provides us the option for creating private forums with custom permissions and access. For such forum, user group that can access the forum needs to be defined. So, if one needs a forum for selected members then a separate user group has to be created to grant limited access to the forum.

Level of visibility of a private forum

Private forum and it's contents can be prevented from appearing on the home page of the site and also in the search results of search engines.

User22
01-31-2011, 10:29 PM
Feasibility of a private forum

vBulletin provides us the option for creating private forums with custom permissions and access. For such forum, user group that can access the forum needs to be defined. So, if one needs a forum for selected members then a separate user group has to be created to grant limited access to the forum.

Level of visibility of a private forum

Private forum and it's contents can be prevented from appearing on the home page of the site and also in the search results of search engines.

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn227/hulabirdie2012/nike-just-do-it.jpg

Hehe, but yeah that sounds good if somehow we had a legitament and fair system of picking who gets on that "mature user list".

Corsaire
01-31-2011, 11:47 PM
Lots of food for thoughts so far... Myself, I think we need to reflect on this some more. The most contentious aspects seem to be:

- Will creating a private forum really help AAm forums
As I said before and as others have mentioned, there is a real possibility that creating a private forum would deplete the posts from the already post deprived public forums. Would that leave the public forums with the less interesting topics? Would that make the AAm forums even less appealing for potential newcomers? Conversely, would such a forum help bring more interest and increase the posts in the public forums? It could be that once people see what a forum with more quality posts looks like, they would behave a little better in all forums (doubtful, but not impossible).

- What would be posted in that forum
Some might want to see only mature and deep or meaningful topics being discussed. Myself, I think “controversial” and less conventional topics should also be discussed. I think that before we create that forum we should make a proper assessment of what it will be used for, so to avoid confusion and frustration.

- Should there be extra rules for that forum?
No trolling, no off-topic... Difficult to enforce, but what if we would spare the moderator of this task and just go with a system where if, let’s say, more than 5 members complained about the behaviour of a particular member, then that member would be out of the private forum? Members could complain publicly about another member by adding their name to a list that would be accessible to all members. i think that could be a good deterrent.

- Who should be allowed to join that forum?
It will be difficult to reconcile the different views. Myself, I do have a problem with any type of selection process because this will inherently be biased. I would prefer that all members be allowed.

I will reflect on this for a while and possibly propose a solution or two. In the meantime, if people have more ideas, comments or solution of their own, do post it here. Later on, I suppose we could have a poll to test the general interest and see what is the most popular solution.

Thanks to all for the input!

Azhiri
02-01-2011, 12:13 AM
Once again I am left to marvel at Corsaire's clear, well-gathered way of thinking.

- Who should be allowed to join that forum?
It will be difficult to reconcile the different views. Myself, I do have a problem with any type of selection process because this will inherently be biased. I would prefer that all members be allowed.

Now this is something that is only as complicated as we make it. I believe most members here are honest enough with themselves to say "Hey, you know, maybe that's just not for me." Not only that but it's not as if we don't have some form of exclusivity here already; not the snobbish kind, but we all have our different ranks of credibility based on our actions even if not in a written-rule sense. We all know our place, so to speak. :p

I don't see why the private discussion forum thing would hurt anybody's feelings.

Rev
02-01-2011, 12:21 AM
We have had serious discussions in the past and, although we have drifted off topic, we eventually returned to the topic. When a serious discussion was going on there was usually some reserve shown by those not involved.

I really don't see the need for a separate area. I think it would split the forum and I think that the split could be the beginning of the end for this forum. Also, if you add a gatekeeper (rather than simple rules) you create an in group and an out group - and this I believe would be detrimental in the long run.

Rather, we simply need to (as a group) reinforce a general behavior of respect for each other. If you spot someone who is consistently negative just for the sake of being negative, don't let them get away with it. If someone thinks that they do not have to follow the rules and can do whatever they want, simply remind them that this is a community.
Discussions between a few people can occur in PM, and there are no limits there as to what can be said. Meanwhile, this is a community - a community that has worked well, so far, as it is.

This site has worked well for years as it is. People come here because newcomers feel welcome here. Think carefully before you change the underlying dynamic of what makes this forum work. :)

Corsaire
02-01-2011, 12:47 AM
Merci pour les compliments, Azhiri. :)

Rev, this is an important issue and there is no taking this lightly. You do know that, if ever, it will not be implemented without popular support or if too many members fear negative effects on AAm forums. There might be other solutions that would work. We have time; let’s not kill the idea, just yet.

HelixSix
02-01-2011, 01:22 AM
Who should be allowed to join that forum?

If everyone is allowed in then it ceases to be private or separate and the whole idea is moot.

I really don't see the need for a separate area. I think it would split the forum and I think that the split could be the beginning of the end for this forum.

That is assuming the beginning of the end hasn't already started. I think it's closer to the end. At least the end of a respectable forum. And as each new generation takes over more of the older guys get irritated and leave. I used to talk to them a lot in the off topic section, that was of course way before it turned into the troll section.

This site has worked well for years as it is. People come here because newcomers feel welcome here. Think carefully before you change the underlying dynamic of what makes this forum work.
It might work for the new people but what about the older ones? There will come a day (if it hasn't already) when Ben, Roman and the others will roll over in their legendary graves because of what their hard work turned into.

I've been apart of great forums that died because people thought "it isn't that bad" but did nothing until it was too late. One of those I ended up being banned for making claims like I'm kinda doing right now. The mod's were in denial and perma banned me and when I went back 4 months later it had vanished. Admins pulled the plug.

Azhiri
02-01-2011, 02:25 AM
I've been apart of great forums that died because people thought "it isn't that bad" but did nothing until it was too late. One of those I ended up being banned for making claims like I'm kinda doing right now. The mod's were in denial and perma banned me and when I went back 4 months later it had vanished. Admins pulled the plug.

Maybe that's just the natural cycle (haha) of forums. Life happens, people move on, nobody can maintain a forum forever and there isn't always someone to pass the torch to.

This is not to say we should just go, "Well, it's okay that trolls are taking over our forum". This is why this is difficult: the private discussion board could act as a sort of treehouse for the more mature members of the forum to kind of recapture the old spirit of AAm, true and troll-free. But there's always the chance that it could also drive a wedge between senior members and newer people.

Now, here's something I'm not quite clear on: what would the criteria be for getting posting privileges for this new section, should the idea come to fruition? Would it be based on purely how long you've been around? Would there be some kind of exam on the content of the majority of your posts?

Fèvier
02-01-2011, 06:48 AM
What if there is a private forum where you must gain 100 posts to be able to apply to get into and all forum members who are already in can vote?
-starting off would be the mods/older members to decide who gets in. After that whoever else is in will partake in a democratic type of voting once a member reaches 100 posts.
Kind of just repeated myself but you get the point.

And I am also in favor of deleting the "Her-" threads. If people were worried about Alizée seeing them, then what about noobs?

User22
02-01-2011, 06:50 AM
Here's what I tried thanks to Brian's post :
http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6250

Fèvier
02-01-2011, 06:51 AM
That's why I said "if" :p
And labeling threads, like I said before and mentioned by Brian, is a good test run to see how things go.

BlackAnthem
02-01-2011, 09:24 AM
So lemme get this straight:

We want to change this forum to a private forum where members are selected through a process of voting by other members? Hmmm...I vote no on that. Being able to make newer members more mature is something left in the hands of the mods. Now if we could just allow everyone BUT THEN if any misconduct occurs then we could give them negative votes and a certain number of votes might get them temporarily banned or if enough happen then permanently.

I mean let's look at a real life example where this worked: ColdFlo. He was being immature and we had enough and banned him. It should be the same for other members.

Also I am in favor of getting rid of "Her ____" threads. I believe some other threads might require the same actions as well.

Corsaire
02-01-2011, 11:13 AM
More general comments:

The original idea I had in mind was to isolate some discussions so that we could have a go at more “controversial” and less conventional topics without hurting sensitivities. It was never my intention to segregate members. Also, when I use “private” forum, I refer to a forum that is “non-public”; this has nothing to do with some “private club” forum where only the selected few members could contribute. The point is that the public should not see those discussions and “over-sensitive” members should avoid that “non-public” forum. That’s basically all I am saying.

The discussion on this topic has drifted (and this is fine) and I am trying to include other people’s ideas. This is why the original concept is getting a little blurry right now. It seems many people are trying to solve all the issues of AAm forums with such a “non-public” forum. I am not sure this will work. We have to think about it.

And BTW, getting rid of certain threads because they don’t fit some people’s conception of what should be discussed on AAm forums is exactly what I am opposed to. I would like a “non-public” forum to explore all sorts of avenues (in the respect of all applicable rules, of course). This is exactly what my first intent was. Ultimately, if people prefer to just discuss the conventional topics and keep the format we have now, I think that unless Alizée really starts producing more music and promotes herself more, the contribution to the AAm forums will stay pretty low. There is just so much one can discuss when everyone’s sensibilities (EDIT:sensitivities) have to be protected.

BlackAnthem
02-01-2011, 12:19 PM
And BTW, getting rid of certain threads because they don’t fit some people’s conception of what should be discussed on AAm forums is exactly what I am opposed to. I would like a “non-public” forum to explore all sorts of avenues (in the respect of all applicable rules, of course). This is exactly what my first intent was. Ultimately, if people prefer to just discuss the conventional topics and keep the format we have now, I think that unless Alizée really starts producing more music and promotes herself more, the contribution to the AAm forums will stay pretty low. There is just so much one can discuss when everyone’s sensibilities have to be protected.

Ok. That's fine. But we should be able to control what threads are shown on the homepage. None of this "Her ____" stuff. That's what we're saying I think.

And the idea of privatizing threads based on people is no good. That there would split the whole site down the middle with massive conflicts. We wouldn't want that. I think what were concerned about is NOT ONLY NOOBS but other immature people who come in and frolic around for a bit then leave. It's kinda tedious.

But nonetheless we should clean up the site. Neaten things up and maybe...

__________________________________________________ _______________
Anyway a little off topic. Can we get the podcasts back up and running? Anyone wanna take that on? Maybe do a Alizee news stuff...? Kaythanksbye.

Fèvier
02-01-2011, 12:28 PM
So pretty much what you mean is that unless you register here you can't see the "private" forum? That's a good idea as well. It would be nice to be able to have a little area where one can discuss certain "controversial" issues without being scolded at, unless things get out of have of course. I would like to have this up and if one doesn't like a certain thread's discussion, then just don't get involved. If you do then just keep it at a civil and proper manner.

BrianO1
02-01-2011, 01:23 PM
@Corsaire---just a quick question about these "controversial" discussions.

Can you post a few examples of the topics you dont feel ok posting now, but would if this new section opened? :)

Rev
02-01-2011, 02:05 PM
...That is assuming the beginning of the end hasn't already started. I think it's closer to the end. At least the end of a respectable forum. And as each new generation takes over more of the older guys get irritated and leave. I used to talk to them a lot in the off topic section, that was of course way before it turned into the troll section.

It might work for the new people but what about the older ones? There will come a day (if it hasn't already) when Ben, Roman and the others will roll over in their legendary graves because of what their hard work turned into.

Like me, you have been here for years, so you have seen how it has shifted over time. I agree that the tone of the forum has changed (and not for the better), however I do not believe that segregating part of the group is the solution. Rather, simply trying to get the forum back on track is what we need to focus on.

More general comments:

...And BTW, getting rid of certain threads because they don’t fit some people’s conception of what should be discussed on AAm forums is exactly what I am opposed to. I would like a “non-public” forum to explore all sorts of avenues (in the respect of all applicable rules, of course). This is exactly what my first intent was.

Ultimately, if people prefer to just discuss the conventional topics and keep the format we have now, I think that unless Alizée really starts producing more music and promotes herself more, the contribution to the AAm forums will stay pretty low. There is just so much one can discuss when everyone’s sensibilities (EDIT:sensitivities) have to be protected.

The problem with having a separate area is that the core people will tend to hang out there, to the exclusion of the rest of the forum. This will end up creating the split I am referring to.

...And the idea of privatizing threads based on people is no good. That there would split the whole site down the middle with massive conflicts. We wouldn't want that. I think what were concerned about is NOT ONLY NOOBS but other immature people who come in and frolic around for a bit then leave. It's kinda tedious....

Agreed.

So pretty much what you mean is that unless you register here you can't see the "private" forum? That's a good idea as well. It would be nice to be able to have a little area where one can discuss certain "controversial" issues without being scolded at, unless things get out of have of course. I would like to have this up and if one doesn't like a certain thread's discussion, then just don't get involved. If you do then just keep it at a civil and proper manner.

If we do end up with a "private" members-only area (and I have already indicated my preference not to) then it needs to be open to all members. :)

Corsaire
02-01-2011, 03:48 PM
@Corsaire---just a quick question about these "controversial" discussions.

Can you post a few examples of the topics you dont feel ok posting now, but would if this new section opened? :)

This is a very good question but I would rather not give examples of topics here (anyone interested can PM me) because people will tend to fixate on these and then we might start to discuss the topics themselves instead of discussing the main item on the menu, which is, do we want to create this “non-public” forum, or not.

If you want to get a feel for what topics it could be, just think of it this way: just about anything could be discussed as long as all rules applicable would be respected. This includes keeping it at “PG-13” level, I suppose. The beauty of it would be that if anyone found any of these topics boring, stupid, offensive... they could just avoid that forum altogether. It would even be legitimate that other members challenge a member that is complaining about the content of some thread and ask him/her to leave the “non-public” forum instead of constantly complaining. This is not so clearly legitimate in the public forum sections and members hesitate to police themselves.

We also need to keep in mind that threads that are more conventional would still be posted in the public forums. The “non-public” forum would just be a place where people agree to discuss more “contentious” issues in a mature and civilized mannered, that’s all. The public forums should still be used for the vast majority of threads. Would there be a shift after a while and everyone would just switch to the “non-public” forum, well, that would be a serious problem for AAm forums and we do have to consider that the possibility is there.

For the rest, I think the people involved (including myself) have basically exhausted the topic and I will take a break from this issue and return later on.
Have fun if you still have more to add! :) ... I will keep reading...

BrianO1
02-01-2011, 04:34 PM
Ok, I sent you a PM about it! :D

HelixSix
02-01-2011, 05:25 PM
What if there is a private forum where you must gain 100 posts to be able to apply to get into and all forum members who are already in can vote?
-starting off would be the mods/older members to decide who gets in. After that whoever else is in will partake in a democratic type of voting once a member reaches 100 posts.
Kind of just repeated myself but you get the point.

And I am also in favor of deleting the "Her-" threads. If people were worried about Alizée seeing them, then what about noobs?
I like the 100 post requirement. But I don't like having all the people in the section vote on who gets in. I remember way back in middle school some of the teachers chose like 12 people to be in a 'peer counseling' group to help other students with their issues. After awhile the teachers let us vote on who we thought should get in. About 5 people in the group were the so called popular kids and if they brought up a name most of the others agreed since they didn't want to go up against the bully popular people. And of course the new members were there friends. Btw I didn't like the idea of having a group that judges the negative actions of their peers.

This is why I still say the founders and a couple mods decide on who gets in. I think this idea is still reasonable until the mods shake up the entire forum and let people know this isn't a 24/7 playground. I'm usually heavily against mod intervention but I think it's necessary now.

User22
02-01-2011, 10:59 PM
Eh, the "[MDO] Theory" that Brian01 came up with is actually proving to be quite useful... Check out the last 2 pages of the thread, it seems mature and deep to me: http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6250&page=4

AceTone
02-02-2011, 02:55 AM
There is a section (Cafe Corse) in the English Forum at AF that is only visible to members once signed in; this method separates members from nonmembers. If you worry about the public seeing certain embarrassing threads such as "Her ____", then that's the way to go.

DrSmith
02-02-2011, 04:16 AM
That would be like our Off-Topic section, except it's not really for Alizée topics (Café Corse isn't either.)

I think it's fine just to delete those topics. They're joke topics really. All the pictures that were posted in them can be found elsewhere.

User22
02-02-2011, 06:36 PM
They're joke topics really. All the pictures that were posted in them can be found elsewhere.

Exactly, they are jocular topics. I don't get why people want to delete them when no one bumps them or looks at them. I dont see the point in deleteing old threads that no one has visited for about a year. Besides, they mark a distinct period in this forum's history hehe.

DrSmith
02-02-2011, 06:46 PM
It's because when you look up the site in search engines some of those threads are shown.

HelixSix
02-04-2011, 07:47 PM
Exactly, they are jocular topics. I don't get why people want to delete them when no one bumps them or looks at them. I dont see the point in deleteing old threads that no one has visited for about a year. Besides, they mark a distinct period in this forum's history hehe.
Well somebody revived the hair topic today so I googled this site and two of the eight topics are "Her nose" and "Her hair". Two others are the 09 and 10 newest picture threads. If I hadn't been here before my first impression would be that this place is very artificial with probably alot of horndogs. I think there is less of a reason to keep the threads if they aren't being used much but still showing up on search engines, especially if they could be making this place look bad.

I agree with Smith, those kind of threads might as well be deleted. You could replace either of the titles with "Your flavor of the day picture thread."

Azhiri
02-04-2011, 09:38 PM
And not only that, but they're somewhat pointless. We can admire her nose all we want to, why make a whole thread?

Edit:

If they're jocular and no one looks at them, why keep them? :P

BlackAnthem
02-04-2011, 09:46 PM
Suggestion: Can we change the colors of the site to Green and Yellow until Sunday? GO PACKERS!

Continue...

MYGOGT
02-05-2011, 12:09 AM
Suggestion: Can we change the colors of the site to Green and Yellow until Sunday? GO PACKERS!

Continue...
I like your way of thinking!

Fèvier
02-05-2011, 12:50 AM
Jeje. Just because Jets didn't make it I will side with them ^

Oh and I had a great idea! Instead of having a private section hiding the mature topics and leaving the guests to see immaturity, we should have one that hides the immature trollish topics and keep all mature topics public! I do good? :D

Rev
02-05-2011, 01:39 AM
...Oh and I had a great idea! Instead of having a private section hiding the mature topics and leaving the guests to see immaturity, we should have one that hides the immature trollish topics and keep all mature topics public! I do good? :D

Not a bad idea. :D

Corsaire
02-08-2011, 12:00 AM
Well, after some time reflecting on this, I have decided not to pursue the idea of a “non-public” forum opened to all members. One reason for my decision to drop this is that I am still wondering if AAm is the place to discuss such topics, even though they would not, per se, transgress any applicable rules. Ultimately, this is a fan’s site and maybe some things are better left unsaid (too bad, some of it is really interesting... :D). At some point, I might still decide to take the dive and go at it in the public forums. I will see.

Of course, other members are welcomed to keep pursuing the idea of a “non-public” forum if they think it is a good idea.

Thanks to all for the input.

Merci Alizée
02-10-2011, 11:10 AM
Jeje. Just because Jets didn't make it I will side with them ^

Oh and I had a great idea! Instead of having a private section hiding the mature topics and leaving the guests to see immaturity, we should have one that hides the immature trollish topics and keep all mature topics public! I do good? :D

This is something that can be done with good effect.

BrianO1
02-10-2011, 01:32 PM

Thats sounds like a good idea.

AF has a Cafe Corse section, which is an off topic area,that is hidden unless you are a logged in member. You could make a section for "silly" Lili topics, and have it hidden in the same way.

user472884
08-15-2011, 12:35 AM
Speaking of PETA, us animal science majors got an email near the end of last semester warning us that another animals rights group by the name of "No Compromise" had targeted us for justice. Apparently to them, justice was to bomb our farms, smash our cars(for those of us that did have cars), and invade our homes.

Crazy fuckers. I'll never EVER support animal rights. Animal welfare all the way.

I wish this was facebook so I could "like" your post. :p

Why does it have to be facebook? Why can't we do this here?

On another forum I'm on, www.pbriot.com, under each post is a button where you have the opportunity to quasi-like (they call it "reputation"), where basically you click on it to "like" it, type a comment (or not) about why, and it shows up as having been "rep'd"

They have it so only the poster sees their reputation points, but I'm sure we could do something similar here, eh?

Taxi Driver Aaron
10-02-2011, 05:46 AM
Why does it have to be facebook? Why can't we do this here?

On another forum I'm on, www.pbriot.com, under each post is a button where you have the opportunity to quasi-like (they call it "reputation"), where basically you click on it to "like" it, type a comment (or not) about why, and it shows up as having been "rep'd"

They have it so only the poster sees their reputation points, but I'm sure we could do something similar here, eh?

If we had that system.. I would have "liked" this suggestion.

wasabi622
10-03-2011, 12:54 AM
I don't feel like digging through this whole thing (I think the Necromancer is debating retirement..) but what about bringing back the video section? Or at least getting around to posting them all on our youtube channel or something?

I've been dying to see the 2001 Stars a Domicile and the Fun TV Interview with subtitles, but I can't find the entire videos to stream anywhere. :(

User22
10-03-2011, 04:14 AM
I don't feel like digging through this whole thing (I think the Necromancer is debating retirement..) but what about bringing back the video section? Or at least getting around to posting them all on our youtube channel or something?

I've been dying to see the 2001 Stars a Domicile and the Fun TV Interview with subtitles, but I can't find the entire videos to stream anywhere. :(

I was able to upload the whole video section to Youtube a couple months ago in hopes of them being embedded as a lower-cost video section. We all agreed it was best, but Ben never got around to embedding them which is understanding since he is quite busy. The only videos I never uploaded were the interviews since they were so long. I can try tomorrow though and give you the link. I'll try putting in subs too. If it doesn't work then I can send you .rar files for the FunTV interview.

wasabi622
10-03-2011, 06:35 PM
I was able to upload the whole video section to Youtube a couple months ago in hopes of them being embedded as a lower-cost video section. We all agreed it was best, but Ben never got around to embedding them which is understanding since he is quite busy. The only videos I never uploaded were the interviews since they were so long. I can try tomorrow though and give you the link. I'll try putting in subs too. If it doesn't work then I can send you .rar files for the FunTV interview.

Hey, that would be great if you could!

As long as they're subtitled. I already have a bunch of her interviews, but none with subtitles. I'd especially love the 2001 Stars a Domicile. That was probably one of my favorite videos of Alizée.

Merci Alizée
10-13-2011, 05:29 PM
Reputation system has been enabled.

Now members can customize their profile also.

Read more about reputation and profile customization here (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb3_user_profile#faq_vb3_profile_custo m).

Taxi Driver Aaron
10-14-2011, 02:26 PM
Reputation system has been enabled.

Now members can customize their profile also.

Read more about reputation and profile customization here (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb3_user_profile#faq_vb3_profile_custo m).

Sweet!!!! thanks!

DrSmith
10-15-2011, 06:45 PM
When you get a lot of rep points you can trade them in for great prizes like a plastic kazoo or this Quiet Riot clock.

http://cache.wists.com/thumbnails/c/70/c7004d36a5fc63477627247c84982189-med

Rictor
10-15-2011, 07:18 PM
When you get a lot of rep points you can trade them in for great prizes like a plastic kazoo or this Quiet Riot clock.

http://cache.wists.com/thumbnails/c/70/c7004d36a5fc63477627247c84982189-med

I have always wanted a plastic kazoo. They make the most unique sounds.

DrSmith
10-15-2011, 07:23 PM
I'll give you some rep to put towards that kazoo. ;D

HelixSix
10-15-2011, 08:14 PM
as I was saying... tatoo's and things like that don't have to be the topic of this subject...
Well there really is no other choice since the mod who locked the tattoo thread lied and said it would be reopened within 24 hours when it's been almost 2 days.

I don't know what the rep button does either... I think once you get a lot of them people know that your words carry weight... and you may get a cookie too! Conversely, if you lose rep points, people will know that you are full of bs!....
I've seen this in effect on other forums and it basically turns into politics and a popularity contest. You can say something that is very legit but if people don't like it (or you) it will get voted down. Like somebody who is overly critical of Alizée in a post will face the wrath of the majority. Or me making a post like this will most likely get negative attention. Somebody who posts a new picture of Alizée will get increased rep even if they don't say anything.

I don't think the concept of rep means anything but it likely will cause people to say "your rep is low so you don't know what you are talking about" as support for what they say.

Taxi Driver Aaron
10-15-2011, 11:25 PM
Well there really is no other choice since the mod who locked the tattoo thread lied and said it would be reopened within 24 hours when it's been almost 2 days.

True ... I think Aaron forgot to open the thread back up.. but then again he is probably having second thoughts about opening pandora's box.

Tchaikovsky
10-22-2011, 08:17 PM
Let us use gifs as avatars.

Taxi Driver Aaron
10-23-2011, 10:49 PM

I agree! :thumb:

DrSmith
10-23-2011, 10:57 PM

I could feel my computer slow down just from reading that sentence. :(

Taxi Driver Aaron
10-23-2011, 11:52 PM
I could feel my computer slow down just from reading that sentence. :(

either turn off the setting on your computer for gif animation or upgrade it...

anything less than an i7 processor, GeForce GTS&T Graphics card, and 4MB RAM equivalency = http://www.wrist-check.com/images/smilies/poop-411.gif and is only good for browsing the internet now and days... I would also recommend going to a 64 bit system if you are a windows users and not already on 64 bits... and then upgrading to at least 8 MB Ram or higher http://www.wrist-check.com/images/smilies/poop-411.gif's and giggles

DrSmith
10-24-2011, 12:04 AM
I don't think it would impact my computer too much, I was jus' sayin'…

Rev
10-24-2011, 01:38 AM
Forget GIFs. Nice in theory, but abusive to those with older or slower systems. :)

User22
10-24-2011, 01:46 PM
True ... I think Aaron forgot to open the thread back up.. but then again he is probably having second thoughts about opening pandora's box.

Sorry about that Helix, I'll re-open it now...

Edit:

Nevermind, it has already been re-opened...i don't know when it was though.

Taxi Driver Aaron
10-24-2011, 02:14 PM
Sorry about that Helix, I'll re-open it now...

Edit:

Nevermind, it has already been re-opened...i don't know when it was though.

it got reopened 3 days ago but I have been refraining from bumping the thread... :)

User22
10-24-2011, 02:40 PM
it got reopened 3 days ago but I have been refraining from bumping the thread... :)

Thank Allah :))

Taxi Driver Aaron
10-25-2011, 12:01 AM
LOL! And you have no idea how hard it is for me to refrain!.... must.... not.... bump.....

Tchaikovsky
11-04-2011, 03:30 PM
I agree! :thumb:

Holy crap, somebody liked my idea!! :eek::dance::beer::aha:

Merci Alizée
11-26-2011, 12:18 PM
Now all large images posted on this forum will be automatically resized. You have to click on that image to open full size image in new tab.

User22
11-26-2011, 07:49 PM
Sweetness! Now I don't have to upload to an image resizer!!!

Edit:

Thanks MA!

Merci Alizée
11-27-2011, 09:32 AM
Members can embed youtube videos by just adding youtube link to the post (no embed code needed)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFFOFC_vteM

A Contre courant (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFFOFC_vteM&)

Rev
11-27-2011, 11:41 PM
Members can embed youtube videos by just adding youtube link to the post (no embed code needed)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFFOFC_vteM

A Contre courant (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFFOFC_vteM&)

A couple of good changes. Thanks MA. :)

User22
11-28-2011, 02:33 AM
Oooooh :blink: this is getting easier and easier! Thanks MA!

Merci Alizée
11-29-2011, 11:23 PM
Now all large images posted on this forum will be automatically resized. You have to click on that image to open full size image in new tab.

There is an additional setting related to image resize in user cp (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions).

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/7426/imgrsz.jpg

You can choose any of four available options

Keep original size
Enlarge in same window
Open in same window
Open in new window

Default option is enlarge in same window.

You can also set maximum width and height of images that you want to see on AAm.

Scruffydog777
12-01-2011, 03:41 AM
I'm curious to know if there's something that can be done to make the search part of this forum work any better? I've had llittle luck searching for different things in this forum. For instance, I was just looking to see if there's a thread discussing the song, coeur deja pris. I searched in the discussion forum using both the word coeur and words coeur deja pris, using both the search posts or search threads option and came up empty.

I've had much better luck going to google to search for things in this forum.

Jake04
12-01-2011, 05:06 AM
I'm curious to know if there's something that can be done to make the search part of this forum work any better? I've had llittle luck searching for different things in this forum. For instance, I was just looking to see if there's a thread discussing the song, coeur deja pris. I searched in the discussion forum using both the word coeur and words coeur deja pris, using both the search posts or search threads option and came up empty.

That's what I've been doing whenever I need to find something on this forum. Use Google and type "Alizeeamerica + ___________ (whatever it is you're searching for). It works all the time! Got nothing against our mods here. I completely understand they are no match against the mighty Google! :D

Merci Alizée
12-01-2011, 06:50 AM
I'm curious to know if there's something that can be done to make the search part of this forum work any better?

I'll see if I can do anything to change search feature.

I've had llittle luck searching for different things in this forum. For instance, I was just looking to see if there's a thread discussing the song, coeur deja pris. I searched in the discussion forum using both the word coeur and words coeur deja pris, using both the search posts or search threads option and came up empty.

If I'm not wrong then you posted same question earlier also. Although I don't use forum search feature, but I never had any problem with it. When I searched for coeur deja pris in discussion forum, I didn't get empty result.

I always use google for searching the forum.

That's what I've been doing whenever I need to find something on this forum. Use Google and type "Alizeeamerica + ___________ (whatever it is you're searching for). It works all the time! Got nothing against our mods here. I completely understand they are no match against the mighty Google! :D

"site:alizeeamerica.com ___________" That gives all results related the search term on AAm.

Search results from google and forum both are generally similar. Forum search feature is good enough. One advantage with google search is that it automatically suggests correct term in case of any mistake (which is common with French words). ;)

User22
01-11-2012, 07:04 PM
Okay so we disn't get much support with the color change...but is anyone interested in an update to the front page (new banner, picture, video, etc.)? Cause they have been the same since March 2010 which is...well...almost 2 years old...

Not saying they are bad, but change is always good to attract some new people and revamp the site's overall image!

lefty12357
01-11-2012, 07:35 PM
Okay so we disn't get much support with the color change...but is anyone interested in an update to the front page (new banner, picture, video, etc.)? Cause they have been the same since March 2010 which is...well...almost 2 years old...

Not saying they are bad, but change is always good to attract some new people and revamp the site's overall image!

Yes, I would be in favor of that. There are a lot of more recent photos of Alizée that are great, such as some of the ones from La Academia.

User22
01-11-2012, 08:51 PM
Yes, I would be in favor of that. There are a lot of more recent photos of Alizée that are great, such as some of the ones from La Academia.

Ooh good photo choice! I wonder how many more approvals we should get before asking someone to make the changes....

Taxi Driver Aaron
01-11-2012, 11:00 PM

I agree that a change is nice... there should also be a blog section on the front page ... or an "official" Alizee America news section that only the mods can update on a weekly, daily, hourly, or whenever basis from the front page... this shows any passer-by-er that the web site is regularly visited and read by many American fans...

To give you an idea of what I am talking about... reference this Mariah Carey fan site... http://www.mariahjournal.com ... it was once started by fans many years ago but it blew up so fast that it began to receive regular news updates, interviews, media, photos, and other communication straight from Mariah Carey herself! ... it is well organized and updated by the admins daily and the front page lets you know it!...

If we can make this site look more appealing on the opening page with regularly updated news topics, hot topics, pictures, etc. like the Mariah Daily site we may be able to entice some updates and interaction from Alizée herself!

User22
01-12-2012, 01:29 AM
Very good info and ideas TDA! And you even made me think that maybe we can have a Twitter feed on the side of the homepage of AlizeeUSA's twitter. Cause if we had Alizée's then guests wouldn't care since its in French.

Merci Alizée
01-12-2012, 02:32 AM
I agree that a change is nice... there should also be a blog section on the front page ... or an "official" Alizee America news section that only the mods can update on a weekly, daily, hourly, or whenever basis from the front page... this shows any passer-by-er that the web site is regularly visited and read by many American fans...

To give you an idea of what I am talking about... reference this Mariah Carey fan site... http://www.mariahjournal.com ... it was once started by fans many years ago but it blew up so fast that it began to receive regular news updates, interviews, media, photos, and other communication straight from Mariah Carey herself! ... it is well organized and updated by the admins daily and the front page lets you know it!...

If we can make this site look more appealing on the opening page with regularly updated news topics, hot topics, pictures, etc. like the Mariah Daily site we may be able to entice some updates and interaction from Alizée herself!

I had something similar on Alizée india website.

Taxi Driver Aaron
01-14-2012, 12:04 PM
I had something similar on Alizée india website.

Those layouts are more appealing and fun to visit. I think we should go with it for this site as well! :dance:

User22
01-17-2012, 11:56 PM
Sooo...looks like we have enough support to change the front page :whistle:

Lets see, who has the ability and skills to change the front page pictures? :D

Taxi Driver Aaron
01-18-2012, 12:23 AM
Sooo...looks like we have enough support to change the front page :whistle:

Lets see, who has the ability and skills to change the front page pictures? :D

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e211/mobx777/Misc/taxi-signal.jpg

http://www.wrist-check.com/images/smilies/smiley_superman2.gif Oh Okay... I'll do it!... :D

DrSmith
01-19-2012, 05:33 AM
What are the chances of increasing the character-limit for user titles? I propose a limit of 40. There are so many ideas I get that are just over 30. :(

Merci Alizée
01-19-2012, 11:20 AM
What are the chances of increasing the character-limit for user titles? I propose a limit of 40. There are so many ideas I get that are just over 30. :(

:hmm: Done. :)

DrSmith
01-19-2012, 01:31 PM
:hmm: Done. :)

:) Yesss. You've made my day. :bow:

Taxi Driver Aaron
01-19-2012, 05:18 PM
Wow! that was fast... it appears he works for DrSmith....

DrSmith, ask him to change the main page! http://freeemoticonsandsmileys.com/animated%20emoticons/Funny%20Animated%20Emoticons/stick%20with%20poke.gif

User22
01-19-2012, 09:32 PM

DrSmith, ask him to change the main page! http://freeemoticonsandsmileys.com/animated%20emoticons/Funny%20Animated%20Emoticons/stick%20with%20poke.gif

Looks like we've got traction :beer:

DrSmith
01-19-2012, 10:52 PM

Haha. >:3

No, he's probably busy… :p

Merci Alizée
01-20-2012, 12:08 AM

Sorry, I don't have access to main page. I can make changes to anything that is directly part of forum. For other parts, changes can be made by Ben only.

User22
01-20-2012, 12:21 AM
Sorry, I don't have access to main page. I can make changes to anything that is directly part of forum. For other parts, changes can be made by Ben only.

Well, thanks for the info. Does anyone have a Ben hotline? He seems to be really busy these days and I doubt he has time to deal with this especially since it isn't super urgent like the site crashing or something....And i dont wanna bother him...hmph :13:

Taxi Driver Aaron
01-20-2012, 01:02 AM
I think Ben should allow access to make these kinds of changes.... and to update the front page news and headlines... etc. of Alizée!....

You know what else would be nice? If the site updated the shot with new AAm bumper stickers, mugs, & t-shirts.... the old design is tacky...

DrSmith
01-20-2012, 01:08 AM
You know what else would be nice? If the site came out with AAm bumper stickers and t-shirts to help promote the site to more people.

Mmmhmm. :agree:

http://www.cafepress.com/alizeeusa (http://www.cafepress.com/alizeeusa)
<br>
(Although… I don't think this design has the web address anywhere on it.)
<br>

Taxi Driver Aaron
01-20-2012, 06:00 PM
Mmmhmm. :agree:

http://www.cafepress.com/alizeeusa (http://www.cafepress.com/alizeeusa)
<br>
(Although… I don't think this design has the web address anywhere on it.)
<br>

I had updated my post... I meant to say sell newly updated designs of AAm bumper stickers and t-shirts.

Taxi Driver Aaron
01-21-2012, 12:23 PM
New colors!... New colors!... New colors!

and and a New front page!.... time for a change!....

SpanishFan
02-01-2012, 12:19 PM
I would be happy with a spoiler button option.:)
If it helps:http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=223262

And... could anybody explain what the green square under our post counter means?