PDA

View Full Version : [2010-10-19]Alizée in PARA ONE L’INTERVIEW FLEUVE

User22
10-19-2010, 08:48 PM
From AlizeeCommunity's Facebook Page:

http://www.sparse.fr/2010/10/19/para-one-interview/

According to Fevier(and thanks for this btw) it talks about Alizee's tour and some other interesting stuff...

Here is the translation of the part Alizee was mentioned in:

PARA ONE, INTERVIEW RIVER
by Sophie Brignoli, October 19, 2010

Alizée on the piece you got the product for her latest album, Une Fille Difficile ?
I arrived at the last moment on the project, I was not supposed to be in the cast. It was mounted by the rest of the crew and it was very good. Jean-Rene, who ran a few operations, wanted a piece apart, makes it fast, it happened at the last moment. I had this instrument, it was the words she sang, it was very fast. This is the kind of project a few years ago it was completely hysterical Alizée produce or pop record like that ... Maybe it's something old, not now it haunts me, I find it interesting to participate, but I would not put all my energy into a project like this because I believe more in the underground. I think more nerd stuff extremely sharp and not through traditional networks. To me there is a deadlock to be determined to get into these networks. I think for Alizée they made some sort of sabotage, it's a UFO in a traditional network.

You think that's why the album did not go well?
Possible. At the same time, today many successes do not exist, let alone in the music we love. These are the sorts of praise from the critics now, the success of blogs. Me that I have long given up on the fact that commercial success and artistic success are linked. There Zaz ... Yaz (?) ... Zaz cartons that ... You see that and you think it's scary, it is endorsed by so many people like Telerama, "yeah it's great, the world of this girl " then it is a social climber who is crap. The fact that at a time when there was shit, it was clear it was really crap ... Now it's a bit shit disguised, is a bit cool and it begins to throw disorder.

_____________________________________Do you guys think the 2nd paragraph refers to UEDS? Cause that was the paragraph after the first one above in the interview( they went in order).

Fèvier
10-19-2010, 09:01 PM
jajaja sorry. I saw the word, "Concernant" and instantly thought of concert. :rolleyes:

oh well. nice read either way :D

User22
10-19-2010, 09:10 PM
jajaja sorry. I saw the word, "Concernant" and instantly thought of concert. :rolleyes:

oh well. nice read either way :D

I am trying to figure out whether that 2nd paragraph refers to Alizee also. And I hate how this guy says that Alizee's album was like a UFO(pretty much no one knew about it or cared for it...)

severianb
10-21-2010, 11:47 PM
I am trying to figure out whether that 2nd paragraph refers to Alizee also. And I hate how this guy says that Alizee's album was like a UFO(pretty much no one knew about it or cared for it...)

It's a crappy automated translation, but what I think he was trying to say is that Institubes and Alizée were trying to sneak underground Electronica into the market disguised as a pop record.

He goes on to say that might of been why it didn't do well, but there are lots of great albums that don't do well, and you can't link commercial success with artistic success. There is just too much crap that does well.

All *I* know is, I have all 4 Alizée studio albums in my car, and they are all I've been listening to for the past few weeks. As time goes by, UEDS is the one I listen to the most. It's a wonderful artistic statement, and when Alizée looks back on her career, I'm sure she will be very proud of it. :cool: