PDA

View Full Version : Making a music video

Scruffydog777
11-17-2010, 07:00 PM
I'm sure most of you are familiar with some of my videos. I've put quite a few together over the past few years. One thing I wish I could've done is to make a music video from one of Alizée's songs. One that I always wanted to do something with was Youpidoo (French version), but the problem is that video I would like to use for the scenes would come from a movie or a tv program which in most cases is copyrighted.

Well I thought maybe the people in this forum could possibly put one together. I think someone in here would have to find some people who are part of a drama club or something of a similar nature. Who would enjoy a project like this and be excited about the possiblity of seeing it on Youtube. It would possibly have to have subtitles with it.

Like I said, I thought Youpidoo would be a good candidate, but it is kind of fast paced which could be problem. Lou ou Toi might be another good candidate.

Whatever song we chose, we'd have to get together and agree upon what the story is trying to say because there are different interpretations of these songs.

So is this a pipe dream or not?

Of course a great side benefit of this is we'd be promoting Alizée's music.

Azhiri
11-17-2010, 07:24 PM
I'm sure most of you are familiar with some of my videos. I've put quite a few together over the past few years. One thing I wish I could've done is to make a music video from one of Alizée's songs. One that I always wanted to do something with was Youpidoo (French version), but the problem is that video I would like to use for the scenes would come from a movie or a tv program which in most cases is copyrighted.

Well I thought maybe the people in this forum could possibly put one together. I think someone in here would have to find some people who are part of a drama club or something of a similar nature. Who would enjoy a project like this and be excited about the possiblity of seeing it on Youtube. It would possibly have to have subtitles with it.

Like I said, I thought Youpidoo would be a good candidate, but it is kind of fast paced which could be problem. Lou ou Toi might be another good candidate.

Whatever song we chose, we'd have to get together and agree upon what the story is trying to say because there are different interpretations of these songs.

So is this a pipe dream or not?

Of course a great side benefit of this is we'd be promoting Alizée's music.

Yet another great idea, Scruff. :D

I'm afraid my drama club buddies are working on their rendition of "Grease" for the school play at the moment, but after all that's over with I'll definitely pass word along to them. :)

severianb
11-17-2010, 10:20 PM
Good idea. There are definitely some folks on here that have some serious talent.
BTW, nice new .sig, Azhiri!

MarkL
11-18-2010, 12:17 AM
I can do some video editing / musical processing if need be :D

User22
11-18-2010, 10:37 AM
I think this is a great idea! But do you mean for someone to get a drama class of high school kids to do like a performance for the music video? Cause that sounds...well...a bit sketch haha. I think if someone did a little something somewhat like the Spychedelices video, then that would be just awesome. Sort of like a...well a music video hahaha.

Scruffydog777
11-18-2010, 11:04 AM
I think this is a great idea! But do you mean for someone to get a drama class of high school kids to do like a performance for the music video? Cause that sounds...well...a bit sketch haha. I think if someone did a little something somewhat like the Spychedelices video, then that would be just awesome. Sort of like a...well a music video hahaha.

Not a class of drama students, just enough people to play the main roles. It could be anyone who has some type of acting experience whether it be in school plays or other wise as opposed to somebody who has no experience in that department.

user472884
11-18-2010, 01:38 PM
Drama people.... *shudder*

I'd be happy to be an actor in someone's production, provided that they purchase for me a flight to the filming location, supply me with my own trailer and entourage, and have it say "Starring Jalen Byon" like they alwasy do when they want a crappy movie to get a lot of views

*cough cough*L'auberge Espagnole*cough cough*Audrey Tautou billed first and is the largest picture*cough cough*she has maybe four minutes of screen time*cough*

Azhiri
11-18-2010, 05:43 PM
Good idea. There are definitely some folks on here that have some serious talent.
BTW, nice new .sig, Azhiri!

That's right, I know many people here have not only superior film/picture capturing and editing skills, but I'm sure we also have great actors here as well. :)

And thanks! :D

User22
11-18-2010, 06:47 PM
Not a class of drama students, just enough people to play the main roles. It could be anyone who has some type of acting experience whether it be in school plays or other wise as opposed to somebody who has no experience in that department.

Ahhh I see. Looks like all the members of AAm should film different parts of the music video and someone compiles it :D An AAm music video :D haha

Merci Alizée
12-01-2010, 08:25 AM
I'm not sure how seriously can one of us gather some people and do a music video like you want to.

We can try something on the basis of Life In a Day (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showpost.php?p=172431&postcount=1) project. First of all, one needs to think something about how the video is going to be. Something like script of the video and pre-shooting directions. Then invite members to volunteer for this. According to the response of the members, the script can be divided into parts. Each member will have to shoot a video and share it with Scruff or someone who is willing to edit it. Video submitted by members will be raw unedited ones. Using those different clips a final music video can be prepared.

Use the magic of internet. I believe it's more practical. Fans do create videos like that from time to time and to see how creative can it be, check the video made by SNSD fans for their anniversary. Though it was not a music video rather fans from prepared videos doing something different or interesting and some videos were selected and edited to prepare the final video. ;)

For a music video, it can be one member doing something at his/her place. Think about ACC. Say if someone shows movements like that in some place and someone else shows movements in some other place, then we can merge two videos in which one video will be appear in background less transparent than other video and that's how we can show that there are more than one activity going in video at once. It's just an example. There can be better ideas, innovation and creativity.

BlackAnthem
12-24-2010, 10:31 AM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xQatg0ZqKcw?hd=1" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Can we do it like this? I'm game for it.