PDA

View Full Version : Alizée Videos on youtube : Help needed.

Merci Alizée
11-25-2010, 10:02 AM
Some of you might be wondering what happened to progress of the Alizée America youtube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/AlizeeAmericaVideos) and why the video uploading was stopped. Well, we created the youtube channel in hope that we would add many good quality videos with English subtitles on our channel. But our efforts were severely dented by videos getting blocked and fear that channel will be brought down by youtube if we add too many videos.

I wanted to inform all of you about the current situation of the site. I'm not sure what response did Ben get for his request (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showpost.php?p=187792&postcount=17) about the donation.

Hey guys. I hate asking for donations now since I haven't been around much lately (very busy). But if I don't, I may need to shut the site down for a couple months until I can move it to a cheaper server. I'll send a free item of your choice from our shop (http://www.cafepress.com/alizeeusa) for any donation of $100 or more. Thanks.

Donation Link (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/billspaypal.php)

Server charges and other costs are high for this site and I don't think it makes much sense for Ben to pay this much. I support the idea of moving the site to cheaper server, but then it won't be possible to current video section.

So, we tried find a way (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5902) for keeping video section with cheaper server. One suggestion was to use replace the youtube videos with videos on our server. But as I explained above, adding all videos to one channel is not a reliable solution.

So, we thought of a slightly different way to do this.

We will share all Alizée videos available in best quality along with synchronized subtitles in English through files sharing sites like rapidshare or megaupload. All you have to do is to select few videos and upload those on youtube channel. Some of the videos might get blocked in process, but then none of the channel would be brought down for having too many videos owned by TV channels.

It can be time taking process, but there are some inherent advantages. We can complete the video database (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6079) with sychronized subtitles for as many videos as possible. Then we will have all Alizée videos on youtube which would obviously help in spreading her name.

For any query you can ask here. You can also contact me or Tomtentp if needed.:)

User22
11-25-2010, 11:11 PM
So, are you saying we should just try and upload all the Alizee videos that are out there, but to seperate accounts and not all on the AlizeeAmericaVideos account? Can you explain further? Thanks!

Merci Alizée
11-25-2010, 11:49 PM
So, are you saying we should just try and upload all the Alizee videos that are out there, but to seperate accounts and not all on the AlizeeAmericaVideos account? Can you explain further? Thanks!

Yes, exactly. I believe I have already explained it in first post. Don't have much to explain further. Just wait till we start sharing the files.

User22
11-26-2010, 12:18 AM
Yes, exactly. I believe I have already explained it in first post. Don't have much to explain further. Just wait till we start sharing the files.

Sorry I just didn't understand the wording. Thanks for confirming though. I am willing to be one of the ones to upload the videos to youtube accounts.

severianb
11-26-2010, 08:52 AM
Ok, I was *just* able to set up a PayPal account and am planning on putting some money into this site on a monthly basis, seeing how I have got so much out of it. Now I'm being told the video section is going bye-bye?

Let's be honest about this. Youtube videos will be taken down, and Rapidshare & Megaupload links will go dead. The only way I can think of right now to have a solid, reliable source for subtitled videos is a dedicated site like AA. However, if we can't even get 15 or so fans to give $10 a month to keep this site running, I guess we need a new solution. Damn.

There is the DC++ hub, but most folks don't know how to access that.

My main issues is the subtitles. For me, the AA video section was the only place I could reliably find a lot of subtitled videos. People worked hard on those, and if we lose them, it will be a tragedy.

User22
11-26-2010, 08:58 AM
Yes you are right Severian. But I guess we will have to live with the fact that we are a small forum and it is hard to pay large server charges every month. Youtube videos with Subtitles will just have to do for now...

Fèvier
11-26-2010, 09:07 AM
We could set up different youtube channels for each era. But Not including les enfoirés cause they are always being taken down

User22
11-26-2010, 09:13 AM
We could set up different youtube channels for each era. But Not including les enfoirés cause they are always being taken down

Oooh that is a very good idea!

But man I wish youtube would just let us upload all videos to one channel to make it easy :(

Tomtentp
11-26-2010, 11:41 AM

To give you guys the full background story:
We (I) started uploading videos on YouTube.com, only to find out one of them being blocked in Germany, only to be followed more blocking and copyright issues.

We then tried Vimeo.com with similair results.

Drawing the conclusion that most video streaming sites are using some kind of copyright auto detection mekanism, we decided to split the "blame" on several accounts so that YouTube staff won't bann one account and the whole library will disappear. Also, having one or two copy-righted videos on your account will not get your channel banned, so members don't have to worry about this.

Naturally we don't want to start a fake account production corporation so that's why we turn to fellow memebers of this forum to help us out!

Ok, I was *just* able to set up a PayPal account and am planning on putting some money into this site on a monthly basis, seeing how I have got so much out of it. Now I'm being told the video section is going bye-bye?

Let's be honest about this. Youtube videos will be taken down, and Rapidshare & Megaupload links will go dead. The only way I can think of right now to have a solid, reliable source for subtitled videos is a dedicated site like AA. However, if we can't even get 15 or so fans to give $10 a month to keep this site running, I guess we need a new solution. Damn.

There is the DC++ hub, but most folks don't know how to access that.

My main issues is the subtitles. For me, the AA video section was the only place I could reliably find a lot of subtitled videos. People worked hard on those, and if we lose them, it will be a tragedy.

The video section is very convenient for us "hardcore fans" but if you'd ask me I'd say that it's biggest function really is to drag new fans "into the light".
We can just attend the hub or any other "less convenient" way to reach even better quality files, since we are already convinced that Alizée is the shoit.

Getting on the hub should be pretty easy with my visual tutorial (just follow the pictures lol), and if trouble should arise I'd be thrilled to help out.

Thing is, we might get people togheter to cover that bill with donations but is it really worth it just to be able to watch the videos we already have access to, in lower resolution?

Subtitles functionality will even be improved if we move to YouTube. They support multi transcript which means that we can put a sub for French, English, Spanish, Japanese, Swedish, Lyrics in English, Lyrics in French etc.. On the same video.

To clear things out, we do not intend to just put some links to upload sites such as MediaFire, we use those only to provide the members who want to help us out by uploading the files to their YouTube account.

Once the videos is up on YouTube we simply embed them into the Video Section page et voila!

The result is the same thing as we have right now but with quality reaching up to HD and more subtitles.

Some videos will be hard (impossible) to get up there, but hey, maybe there is a reason for that?

Let's keep it on the right side of the law so we don't have to close the whole site one bitter day.

Merci Alizée
11-26-2010, 12:52 PM
We don't want to degrade the experience of the users of this site, rather we are trying to improve it. Using youtube video could be one potential area for this. Here is an example :

Alizée - Il Jouait Du Piano Debout (July 12th, 2001) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3fKIDNlW_A)

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/C3fKIDNlW_A?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/C3fKIDNlW_A?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

When you click "cc", you can choose subtitles in French, English and Spanish.

As you can see that the video has already got over 1400 views. One can see details about the video on that page itself and it also contains links to AAm and other sites. So, we can expect wider reach through our videos.

Current video section is good, but hasn't been updated for quite some time now. With youtube, we might be able to update it more frequently.

Videos will be blocked, but still we can have lot of videos in our video section through youtube. :)

User22
11-26-2010, 06:35 PM
MA and Toment that really helped me understand what needs to be done. And I am totally willing to host several videos on each of my accounts.

But MA, when you embedded the video it does not have "cc" :( "cc" only shows when one is watching it on Youtube.com :(

severianb
11-26-2010, 10:42 PM
To give you guys the full background story:
We (I) started uploading videos on YouTube.com, only to find out one of them being blocked in Germany, only to be followed more blocking and copyright issues.

We then tried Vimeo.com with similair results.

Drawing the conclusion that most video streaming sites are using some kind of copyright auto detection mekanism, we decided to split the "blame" on several accounts so that YouTube staff won't bann one account and the whole library will disappear. Also, having one or two copy-righted videos on your account will not get your channel banned, so members don't have to worry about this.

Naturally we don't want to start a fake account production corporation so that's why we turn to fellow memebers of this forum to help us out!

The video section is very convenient for us "hardcore fans" but if you'd ask me I'd say that it's biggest function really is to drag new fans "into the light".
We can just attend the hub or any other "less convenient" way to reach even better quality files, since we are already convinced that Alizée is the shoit.

Getting on the hub should be pretty easy with my visual tutorial (just follow the pictures lol), and if trouble should arise I'd be thrilled to help out.

Here's the thing. I consider myself pretty "hardcore" at this point, and I am a computer guy, yet the video section here is STILL the only place I have found subtitled versions of some videos, and many of the "subtitled" videos I have got from the Hub just don't work right, no matter what I use to play them back. I'd say the most important thing would to get any subtitled videos up on YouTube, where we know they will work.

Thing is, we might get people togheter to cover that bill with donations but is it really worth it just to be able to watch the videos we already have access to, in lower resolution?

Subtitles functionality will even be improved if we move to YouTube. They support multi transcript which means that we can put a sub for French, English, Spanish, Japanese, Swedish, Lyrics in English, Lyrics in French etc.. On the same video.

To clear things out, we do not intend to just put some links to upload sites such as MediaFire, we use those only to provide the members who want to help us out by uploading the files to their YouTube account.

Once the videos is up on YouTube we simply embed them into the Video Section page et voila!

The result is the same thing as we have right now but with quality reaching up to HD and more subtitles.

Some videos will be hard (impossible) to get up there, but hey, maybe there is a reason for that?

Let's keep it on the right side of the law so we don't have to close the whole site one bitter day.

Sounds great. And honestly, I had no idea it cost that much to support this site and that the amount of people visiting/supporting it was so small. It really sounds like Youtube and the DC++ hub are the only good options.

Now what about the implementation? Like I said earlier, subtitled vids are the most important to me. I don't see a lot of people stepping up to translate these days, so let's not lose what we have!

Should we start a thread with a list of all known videos in the first post, and then have people try and find the best quality versions and subtitles for them, and then keep the first post updated with status?

User22
11-26-2010, 11:38 PM
Go right ahead Severian! The faster we get started the better.

Now should we make some new accounts to host like 2 or 3 videos or upload them to our own accounts?

Scruffydog777
11-27-2010, 09:50 AM
Any way I can help you guys out by up loading videos to my Youtube channel, just let me know.

User22
11-27-2010, 10:20 AM
Sweet, so I believe we have 4 uploaders now. Should we start making a list for the videos we are going to upload, and then each of us pick which videos we are going to upload?

Merci Alizée
11-27-2010, 12:42 PM
many of the "subtitled" videos I have got from the Hub just don't work right, no matter what I use to play them back. I'd say the most important thing would to get any subtitled videos up on YouTube, where we know they will work.

Now what about the implementation? Like I said earlier, subtitled vids are the most important to me. I don't see a lot of people stepping up to translate these days, so let's not lose what we have!

I understand that good quality videos and English subtitles are most attractive features of the AAm videos.

We want to select best files for all videos available on internet till 2010.

We will synchronize the subtitles according to the best files.

We will try to maintain subtitles in many languages. This would again require help from many of us.

Then we will index and then share those files with you. All you have to do is to add those to youtube through your account.

Should we start a thread with a list of all known videos in the first post, and then have people try and find the best quality versions and subtitles for them, and then keep the first post updated with status?

We tried to do that on our own, but found that it's quite tedious work. So, instead of doing at first, we decided to do it parallely along with other works and it's much easier by that way.

For such a list, Tomtentp suggested the use of Wiki or any other site where everyone can access and edit it. Doing it alone is very time taking and not efficient.

Now should we make some new accounts to host like 2 or 3 videos or upload them to our own accounts?

There is no need to create new accounts now.

Fèvier
11-27-2010, 01:06 PM
this is just my opinion but I feel that it would look good making new accounts and each of the accounts can hold parts of each era and posted in chronological order (although that may be very tedious). The account names will have to do with the era it is assigned. (i.e. AlizeeGourmVids1, AlizeeGourmVids2, etc...)

but that is just my opinion as to what I see as most organized. it is also the most tedious I know but we could generalize off this idea. :)

Merci Alizée
11-27-2010, 01:15 PM
this is just my opinion but I feel that it would look good making new accounts and each of the accounts can hold parts of each era and posted in chronological order (although that may be very tedious). The account names will have to do with the era it is assigned. (i.e. AlizeeGourmVids1, AlizeeGourmVids2, etc...)

but that is just my opinion as to what I see as most organized. it is also the most tedious I know but we could generalize off this idea. :)

The biggest reason for going with different accounts was that if you have too many videos on your account, then youtube will block your channel. That would just ruin everything in a moment someday. In case of random distribution of videos we can't stop blocking of videos but at least none of the channel will be blocked. Also, imagine if 50 members have 3-4 videos each on their accounts, they can personally check it and it won't be tedious.

Fèvier
11-27-2010, 01:21 PM
The biggest reason for going with different accounts was that if you have too many videos on your account, then youtube will block your channel. That would just ruin everything in a moment someday. In case of random distribution of videos we can't stop blocking of videos but at least none of the channel will be blocked. Also, imagine if 50 members have 3-4 videos each on their accounts, they can personally check it and it won't be tedious.

Fair enough. I see how that can work a lot better. Just me having an OCD and trying to have everything labeled. (speaking of which, my collection is very disorganized. Should get on that some day :rolleyes:)

User22
11-27-2010, 01:51 PM
I was thinking of that too Fevier, but they will all be embedded here anyway..

Fèvier
02-25-2011, 10:43 PM
Isnt there a way to have ads on the vids. That can help with supporting the site.

Merci Alizée
02-25-2011, 10:46 PM
Isnt there a way to have ads on the vids. That can help with supporting the site.

The site doesn't get enough traffic to generate enough money through ads. So, it's better not to have them instead of getting few pennies and making site look bad.

Fèvier
02-25-2011, 10:56 PM
But if we have many videos up, the pennies will add up. Plus we can also embed the videos on other forums as well. Like what scruffy did with all the college based ones. It's worth a try :o

Scruffydog777
02-26-2011, 12:12 AM
I've uploaded over 50 videos of various lengths in the past 3 years. Just about all of them are of Alizee. I've only run into 2 problems concerning copyright issues. There's been about a dozen or more where the video was blocked from being shown in Germany. It's unfortunate, but it's really not a problem for this forum.

The other issue I've run into is warnings that part of my video may be owned by another party. It says no action needs to be taken on my part and in some cases ads might appear next to my videos. So if this is the only type of problems we run into, it shouldn't be a problem. But we probably should have the videos uploaded by several members instead of just a few and have it done not all at once, but on a some what staggered basis so we dont raise any red flags.

We should as mentioned before, also co-ordinate our efforts so people don't wind up uploading the same videos. I've downloaded all the videos Ben had listed and in about 2 weeks, I will start another Youtube channel and start uploading videos then.

For anyone new to this process, make sure you put in as many tags as you can. For instance if you uploaded a video like Alizee's performance of J'ai pas vingt ans in front of the Eiffel tower, you would obviously add the tags, Alizee and J'ai pas vingt ans. Each tag seperated by a comma. But you should also add tags like Paris and France and Eiffel tower. That way hopefully someone who's never heard of Alizee who may be searching for a video of the Eiffel tower or Paris or France will have a chance that one of the hits returned will show a beautiful young French woman who they will hopefully then click on. The odds are low I believe, but it's worth a shot.

Merci Alizée
02-26-2011, 08:22 AM
For all those who are interested in doing this :

1. Pick any set of videos using Download Links of Alizée Videos (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5784) or Gasko's database (http://vdb.alizee.cz/browse.php)

2. Mention in this thread the videos you select, so that no one chooses the same set.

3. Download and install Subtitle Workshop (http://subtitle-workshop.en.softonic.com/).

4. Download the subtitles of videos (http://www65.zippyshare.com/v/20387306/file.html).

5. Add the subtitle in the video using subtitle workshop. You may need to synchronize the subtitles for some videos.

6. Upload the video to the youtube and post links here.

Fèvier
02-26-2011, 08:44 AM
I call the Gourmandises vids! :D
But should we just make a new account for the vids?

Merci Alizée
02-26-2011, 09:28 AM
I call the Gourmandises vids! :D
But should we just make a new account for the vids?

You mean Gourmandises music videos?

It would be better if you create a separate account.

Scruffydog777
03-21-2011, 02:04 PM
Just to keep everyone up to date. The video went out on my desktop a little over a week ago. It looks like the motherboard went bad. I've been back and forth with EVGA over how to determine what's wrong by swapping video cards, swapping monitors, and power supplies. Reseating the ram modules. Pulling the battery in the mb, waiting a few minutes, then reinstalling it and last, pulling the mb out of the case and setting it up on an insultated surface to make sure it's not grounding out on anything. I also pulled and reseated every connector on it.

So now that I'm done jumping through hoops for them, I should know by tomorrow if they're going to cover it under warranty.

Luckily I still have my laptop, but all the files I recently downloaded are on the desktop. I did open up another Youtube account so hopefully in another week, I should be able to start uploading some files.

User22
03-21-2011, 02:54 PM
Just to keep everyone up to date. The video went out on my desktop a little over a week ago. It looks like the motherboard went bad. I've been back and forth with EVGA over how to determine what's wrong by swapping video cards, swapping monitors, and power supplies. Reseating the ram modules. Pulling the battery in the mb, waiting a few minutes, then reinstalling it and last, pulling the mb out of the case and setting it up on an insultated surface to make sure it's not grounding out on anything. I also pulled and reseated every connector on it.

So now that I'm done jumping through hoops for them, I should know by tomorrow if they're going to cover it under warranty.

Luckily I still have my laptop, but all the files I recently downloaded are on the desktop. I did open up another Youtube account so hopefully in another week, I should be able to start uploading some files.

Well I bet I have the majority of videos that you have in the same quality (or you could tell me where to get them), so if you want some help on uploading them while your desktop is down, then I could help you out...I'll PM you.

mal
06-15-2011, 10:57 PM
.... Why not go through vimeo or viddler or many of the orher high quality video hosts.

We are looking for reliable store space. Youtube is restricitve and we dont need its visibility b/c we are merely looking for a usable store space.

yt can go to hell.

Use vimeo. or viddler.

Edit:

Ok Im uploading to vimeo
Alizée - Music Video - J'en Ai Marre - M6 - HQ.mpeg - 72.5 MB
http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=DZ2PSNXY

Delete this from list tomorrow June 17th.

Edit.... Not available!!!! So not uploading!!!

Solutions?

DrSmith
06-16-2011, 06:47 PM
I thought Vimeo was strictly for content you made/own.

HelixSix
06-16-2011, 07:12 PM
Yeah that's what Vimeo preaches. Last year I uploaded Avatar and they didn't notice for about two months. They deleted my whole account though so that's something to consider if you plan on having lots of videos.

I don't know about Viddler though. Might want to test their boundaries by uploading something really popular.

User22
06-16-2011, 10:20 PM
Eh, youtube is much more reliable and useful in this situation Mal. And we already have 75% of the new video section uploaded to youtube. It's just a matter of when the video section will get put up again with youtube videos instead of server-hosted videos. It should be up within this month or the next...

wasabi622
08-11-2011, 03:04 PM
And so the Video section has died..

Let it rest in peace, knowing that it helped spark interest in our beloved Alizée, starting a burning passion in the heart of many young(and old) men(and women) towards a beautiful, sexy, and charming petite French singer.

So uh.. when are the longer videos going to be uploaded onto the youtube account? Videos like the Stars a Domicile ones, and that one Fun TV interview or whatever it was called, and such?

I don't think we need to bother to upload stuff like her Moi...lolita performance, her music videos and whatnot, for there already are many of them already uploaded by others onto youtube. It's her interviews, tv programs, and early footage that are the true gems of Alizée America's video section.

Just my 2 cents. :)