PDA

View Full Version : New colors for AAm?

User22
12-07-2010, 07:41 PM
Hey guys just wondering what you guys would think of a new color theme for AlizeeAmerica. Just seeing the results to see if I will be able to convince Ben to change it or not. Thanks :D

And what would change is only the color, not format of the site. It would just be everything that is in red, turned to whatever color people like most...

Here is an example of a color change:

(THANKYOU TO ALIZEEINSPIRED FOR THIS EXAMPLE)
http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/2349/aamblue2.jpg
http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/7915/aamblue1.jpg
(THANKYOU TO ALIZEEINSPIRED FOR THIS EXAMPLE)

Tom
12-07-2010, 07:57 PM
Red is my favourite colour and I love the way it looks right now so I have to say:

This site looks good. You guys are crazy.

There is sites where you can change the colour theme like this one (upper right corner): http://www.tip.it/runescape/
Might be possible to add something like this on AAm?

User22
12-07-2010, 07:58 PM
There is sites where you can change the colour theme like this one (upper right corner): http://www.tip.it/runescape/
Might be possible to add something like this on AAm?

That is an even better idea :D

AlizéeInspired
12-07-2010, 08:00 PM
I don't really know if we need a color change. Red is just kinda home, ya know? I can't really think of many other colors, with the way the site currently is, that would work as well.

The blue that you're suggesting in the picture is a little bright for me but blue probably wouldn't be too bad if it were the right shade of blue though. Like a darker blue that would go well with the colors of the current album.

woohoo
12-07-2010, 08:02 PM
Yeah the red is part of my house now we cant change it.

User22
12-07-2010, 08:06 PM
The blue that you're suggesting in the picture is a little bright for me but blue probably wouldn't be too bad if it were the right shade of blue though. Like a darker blue that would go well with the colors of the current album.

I'd have to agree, I was just making that picture to show an example of what it would be changed. And actually it would be easy to change that color so I will go and do that now...thanks for the input :D

DrSmith
12-07-2010, 08:09 PM
BTW, Aaron, you should have named the poll: Cooler Couleur, whatever, what what what do you prefer? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhORdr5rFbU)

User22
12-07-2010, 08:11 PM
BTW, Aaron, you should have named the poll: Cooler Couleur, whatever, what what what do you prefer? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhORdr5rFbU)

Hahaha then I could have had a little thing in my post where it plays that when you enter this thread :D

woohoo
12-07-2010, 08:14 PM
Haha yeah leave the blue to the ohyelle forum.

User22
12-07-2010, 08:34 PM
Haha yeah leave the blue to the ohyelle forum.

We must join the movement :D

AlizéeInspired
12-07-2010, 09:07 PM
Here's more of the blue that I was thinking if there was to be a change. Or at least a blue similar to it may work. Just something that goes well with her current album colors.

It would be neat, but like I said earlier, the red is just home, ya know?

Tom
12-07-2010, 09:41 PM
Wow AI, that really looks amazing! :eek: :D
I'm still for red though. I know what you mean. :p

If you'd want to kill red even more, here's with blue text and links:

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/6163/aaminblue.png

DrSmith
12-07-2010, 09:59 PM
Gross._____

User22
12-07-2010, 10:07 PM

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/6163/aaminblue.png

:eek: AI I'd have to agree that your version of the blue and applying it to that picture is just amazing. I would die out of happiness if I could visit this site and see that everytime. You are right, it suits her album so much more!

And Tom that is very nice with blue text. Thankyou!

woohoo
12-07-2010, 10:11 PM
I think the best answer is to keep it red but members could have the ability to change the color in their preferances if that is feasible.

User22
12-07-2010, 10:17 PM
I think the best answer is to keep it red but members could have the ability to change the color in their preferances if that is feasible.

But when I get to thinking about it....that would take a buttload of code....cause I believe the webmaster(Ben) would have to do code for each color and that includes all text color, borders, backgrounds....it would be tedious work sadly...

Plaz
12-07-2010, 10:25 PM
When I officialy migrated here from af ben had asked me if i'd be down to do some graphics to give the place at little facelift.. I told him I was down and he said he'd get back... Its been months tho since then

User22
12-07-2010, 10:39 PM
When I officialy migrated here from af ben had asked me if i'd be down to do some graphics to give the place at little facelift.. I told him I was down and he said he'd get back... Its been months tho since then

I'm thinking of a "Plaz nominated for forum facelift" thread right about now :D

But yeah, it would be great(if the results for a color change turn up good) if you wouldn't mind doing it. That would be so awesome :D

Rev
12-07-2010, 11:12 PM
Red is my favourite colour and I love the way it looks right now...

I don't really know if we need a color change. Red is just kinda home, ya know? I can't really think of many other colors, with the way the site currently is, that would work as well...

Yeah the red is part of my house now we cant change it.

I agree. :)

Red really works well. Overall, this site currently has a clean and dignified look about it.

The last color I would want to see is blue. We would look like an AF clone.

Merci Alizée
12-07-2010, 11:30 PM
So, do you want a change just for the sake of change or you are bored of seeing same color for long time?

user472884
12-08-2010, 12:13 AM
I'm fine with red,

but at another forum I used to be on, you had the option of choosing the color scheme. It was a little bar (scroll down and look at the "forum jump" thing, like that) and a list of themes you could choose from.

Just saying

Azhiri
12-08-2010, 05:06 PM
But when I get to thinking about it....that would take a buttload of code....cause I believe the webmaster(Ben) would have to do code for each color and that includes all text color, borders, backgrounds....it would be tedious work sadly...

But after he got the first batch of coding finished, couldn't he just kinda "copy and paste" that for each option with a little edit-edit according to color? I'm not sure how this site's coding works exactly but that was how it used to be when I dabbled in layout designing way back when on a different site. :rolleyes:

User22
12-08-2010, 05:08 PM
But after he got the first batch of coding finished, couldn't he just kinda "copy and paste" that for each option with a little edit-edit according to color? I'm not sure how this site's coding works exactly but that was how it used to be when I dabbled in layout designing way back when on a different site. :rolleyes:

I guess that could work....I'll PM the big man about it :D

DrSmith
12-08-2010, 05:15 PM
There doesn't have to be a whole rainbow of colours to select from. (Nobody voted for any colour besides blue anyway.) There could just be a red and a blue.

Or… Just red. :cool:

User22
12-08-2010, 05:18 PM
There doesn't have to be a whole rainbow of colours to select from. (Nobody voted for any colour besides blue anyway.) There could just be a red and a blue.

Yes this would be good. I am just wondering what default color would be for when guests visit....hmmm....possibly blue then they could change it to red if needed: :p

Azhiri
12-08-2010, 05:31 PM
I think it'd be cool (but definitely way too much work) if we had a layout theme for each era. Like, on the front page, a picture from Gourmandises with the accompanying colors (pink, red, etc), a picture from MCE with the accompanying colors (light, neutral, laid-back colors), etc. :)

Anyways, red and blue seem like a nice little selection. Maybe even black/grey as well?

AlizéeInspired
12-08-2010, 05:38 PM
I think I know why the doc is really upset... Because there was no pink option! :p

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/1826/aampink.jpg

Azhiri
12-08-2010, 05:53 PM
Now, that looks nice.

AlizéeInspired
12-08-2010, 05:56 PM
I'd crave bubblegum and cotton candy every time I came here if that were the colors, haha.

User22
12-08-2010, 05:58 PM
I think I know why the doc is really upset... Because there was no pink option! :p

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/1826/aampink.jpg

That should be a special release for Breast Cancer Awareness Month :)

DrSmith
12-08-2010, 06:29 PM
Yes this would be good. I am just wondering what default color would be for when guests visit....hmmm....possibly blue then they could change it to red if needed: :p

Nooope. Nope nope nope. Red looks the best. ;)

Exactly. That's all I ever wanted. I want the forum to strangely match my avatar. Is that so much to ask?

No, that would be horrible.

User22
12-08-2010, 06:59 PM
Sadly the results are not turning out the way a small majority of us would have liked. And yes, the Blue fans are a small majority!

BlackAnthem
12-08-2010, 07:18 PM
I think yellow would look cool with a design. Obviously. ;)

http://images1.fanpop.com/images/photos/2000000/Alizee-alizee-2091806-600-505.jpg

YELLOW!!

AlizéeInspired
12-08-2010, 07:32 PM
When I officialy migrated here from af ben had asked me if i'd be down to do some graphics to give the place a little facelift.. I told him I was down and he said he'd get back... Its been months tho since then

I think it'd be cool (but definitely way too much work) if we had a layout theme for each era. Like, on the front page, a picture from Gourmandises with the accompanying colors (pink, red, etc), a picture from MCE with the accompanying colors (light, neutral, laid-back colors), etc. :)

Anyways, red and blue seem like a nice little selection. Maybe even black/grey as well?

If there was ever to be a change to the site, my vote would be for a combination of these two posts/ideas. Possibly have the option to have the layout theme be your era of choice. The designs would be pretty freakin' sweet if Plaz did them too.

Plaz
12-08-2010, 09:05 PM
The designs would be pretty freakin' sweet if Plaz did them too.

yea im still down to do it, but id need to talk with whoever is in charge nowadays...

User22
12-08-2010, 10:31 PM
yea im still down to do it, but id need to talk with whoever is in charge nowadays...

I put in a word to the big man(Ben(and btw I say that to make it sound like he is Santa :D)) mentioning that you volunteered to do this for us :) If you didn't mind.

Azhiri
12-09-2010, 12:58 AM
A little color options bar would indeed be a nice little Christmas present! Should the "big man" see this: pretty please, Ben? :D

severianb
12-09-2010, 01:13 AM
Ben only shows up when the Ben-signal is correctly used. I have a feeling changing colors on this board is not his top priority, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Edit:

I think yellow would look cool with a design. Obviously. ;)

http://images1.fanpop.com/images/photos/2000000/Alizee-alizee-2091806-600-505.jpg

YELLOW!!

That picture still rocks my socks. Even the TGI Fridays flair works for some reason.... oh now I remember why. It's Alizee.

Merci Alizée
12-09-2010, 02:00 AM
This layout looks very good for the forum and it's clear that most of us like it (one can see poll results). As I stated earlier what's the need of the change? Do you think it's not good or you guys are just fed up with seeing it everyday.

I would still go with what majority of us want, no change. However change of the picture on the homepage may be good idea.

BlackAnthem
12-09-2010, 02:33 PM
Sometimes change is good. NOW QUICK someone throw it in a layout!

User22
12-09-2010, 05:26 PM
Ben just got back to me saying that having a feature where we can switch out of 3 or 4 colors whenever we want wouldn't cost any extra and that he is looking into it! AWESOME!!!

BlackAnthem
12-09-2010, 06:10 PM
Ben just got back to me saying that having a feature where we can switch out of 3 or 4 colors whenever we want wouldn't cost any extra and that he is looking into it! AWESOME!!!

GASP! :eek: Why didn't we do this earlier!?

User22
12-09-2010, 06:57 PM
GASP! :eek: Why didn't we do this earlier!?

Cause I just bought my "Amazing Idea Creator 5060" a couple days ago...

AceTone
12-10-2010, 01:57 AM
It can be any color as long as it's red.

Azhiri
12-10-2010, 02:56 AM
VICTORYYYYYYYY!

I mean. I think our layout's very classy and easy to navigate, I definitely don't want a new one that's all fancy graphics and fonts and flash and programmed out the a**, it'd just be quite refreshing to see a change every once in a while. That's the reasoning behind this, or so I assume. :)

user472884
12-10-2010, 03:36 AM
Can we do something, like the colors change according to your mood?

BlackAnthem
12-10-2010, 05:21 PM
Could we just have the site cycle through colors and backgrounds like Win7 does with it's desktop backgrounds? That would be awesome. I'll make an example.
////////////////////////////////////////////////////

DrSmith
12-10-2010, 05:32 PM
Could we just have the site cycle through colors and backgrounds like Win7 does with it's desktop backgrounds? That would be awesome. I'll make an example.
////////////////////////////////////////////////////

http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab359/victorcreed2/crap/FBI.png

User22
12-10-2010, 05:43 PM
VICTORYYYYYYYY!

I mean. I think our layout's very classy and easy to navigate, I definitely don't want a new one that's all fancy graphics and fonts and flash and programmed out the a**, it'd just be quite refreshing to see a change every once in a while. That's the reasoning behind this, or so I assume. :)

The only point of this is to change color. That means everything you see tyat is red (text,border,background) will turn into a different color...

Azhiri
12-10-2010, 07:49 PM
The only point of this is to change color. That means everything you see tyat is red (text,border,background) will turn into a different color...

Of course, I'm just saying the reason we want to do that is becase the same old thing gets a bit boring. It was kind of in response to MA when he asked how the change would be beneficial. :)

And I added the "programmed out the a**" bit because I saw hints at a whole new layout and was like "nah this is fine".

User22
12-10-2010, 07:52 PM
Of course, I'm just saying the reason we want to do that is becase the same old thing gets a bit boring. It was kind of in response to MA when he asked how the change would be beneficial. :)

And I added the "programmed out the a**" bit because I saw hints at a whole new layout and was like "nah this is fine".

Ahhh okay. And yah I don't want Flash stuff, cause it slows down the site. And yeah this format is fine.....I just want more colors :D

Azhiri
12-10-2010, 07:55 PM
Definitely!! :D

User22
12-10-2010, 08:12 PM
Definitely!! :D

Changes, and changes of colors, make me really happy if you can't tell :)

I love change...And I love how Lilly's style of music has changed too....its good she is getting a feel of what to do and what not to do....uhhh....Alizee :D

Fall
12-10-2010, 08:44 PM
I'd honestly prefer it if it stayed the same, it would be weird to come to the site and have it look different if it's looked like this for so long

User22
12-10-2010, 08:50 PM
I'd honestly prefer it if it stayed the same, it would be weird to come to the site and have it look different if it's looked like this for so long

Yes, but not everyone has been here for so long so they wouldn't mind a change...not trying to be arguing-ish btw. I think it should have red as the default color but should have the ability to change inbetween colors...

DrSmith
12-10-2010, 09:03 PM
I just got a brilliant idea for Aaron and anyone who wants the site to be a different colour.

http://www.maximumeyewear.com/productfolder/motorcycle-glasses/womens-motorcycle-glasses/kd's-motorcycle-glasses/kd's-sunglasses-7.jpg

Azhiri
12-10-2010, 09:11 PM
The keyword is 'optional' ;)

DrSmith
12-10-2010, 09:15 PM
‹ Default › and ‹ red › are important words as well. ;)

User22
12-10-2010, 09:17 PM
‹ Default › and ‹ red › are important words as well. ;)

I'm giving in, the default color should be red like it has always been....

Merci Alizée
12-11-2010, 03:00 AM

I see what you mean. Changing the whole site was never an good idea considering the work that has to be done for that. I wouldn't support the idea of putting Ben under that situation.

However, forum theme can be changed and it won't be as difficult as changing the site. Good thing with vBulletin is that it provides you option for having multiple themes which can be selected by the users on their own. Just for an example, you can check http://www.alizee-india.com/ . At the bottom, you can see drop-down theme chooser, which allows you to switch between Animated green and default. It simply changes the theme for the forum part of the site. There can be more than two themes.

It would be nice to provide such option here also considering that some want old style and some want new. :)

Scruffydog777
12-11-2010, 08:00 AM
I like the shade of blue, but I'm worried that if Alizee comes to this site once in a while, the new color might confuse her, making her think she's in the wrong site in which case she'd probably leave.

BlackAnthem
12-11-2010, 09:09 AM
Lemme get this straight. Are we just changing the color? Or the design, too? Is that possible Ben?

User22
12-11-2010, 09:10 AM
I see what you mean. Changing the whole site was never an good idea considering the work that has to be done for that. I wouldn't support the idea of putting Ben under that situation.

However, forum theme can be changed and it won't be as difficult as changing the site. Good thing with vBulletin is that it provides you option for having multiple themes which can be selected by the users on their own. Just for an example, you can check http://www.alizee-india.com/ . At the bottom, you can see drop-down theme chooser, which allows you to switch between Animated green and default. It simply changes the theme for the forum part of the site. There can be more than two themes.

It would be nice to provide such option here also considering that some want old style and some want new. :)

See that is the perfect compromise. So when can we get the plan to do this initiated?

Plaz
12-11-2010, 05:50 PM
I like the shade of blue, but I'm worried that if Alizee comes to this site once in a while, the new color might confuse her, making her think she's in the wrong site in which case she'd probably leave.

This made me laugh.. I dont think she's paris hilton dumb to think it was someplace else...

Also MA is on the right track with the users being able to pick the theme. Winter break is about to start for me so I can make a few edits to some themes and let the forum pick the one they like best.... So that then we have something new and still the default

User22
12-11-2010, 06:07 PM
This made me laugh.. I dont think she's paris hilton dumb to think it was someplace else...

Also MA is on the right track with the users being able to pick the theme. Winter break is about to start for me so I can make a few edits to some themes and let the forum pick the one they like best.... So that then we have something new and still the default

Man that is awesome, thanks! And will the "new theme" be just a new color or something extra like pictures and stuff?

Plaz
12-11-2010, 09:48 PM
wait and see!

User22
12-11-2010, 10:20 PM
wait and see!

:D is their an ETA for this new theme?