PDA

View Full Version : [2011-1-10]Alizée on Star Story

User22
01-09-2011, 10:23 PM
From Lilly's Nest on Facebook:

Alizée dans "Star Story" le top et flop de l'année 2010. Demain à 21H40 sur DirectStar
Alizée on "Star Story" and the top flop of 2010. Tomorrow at 9:40 p.m. on DirectStar

Here it is!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YUEAQB6I

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/D07Mxeckgtw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/D07Mxeckgtw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

DrSmith
01-09-2011, 10:40 PM
Star Story is definitely not the same as Star Stories. Just watch a few seconds of each:

Star Story (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmld1zTHmC8)

Star Stories (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SlKMzm2xiQ)

User22
01-09-2011, 10:46 PM
Yeah this is the show she'll be on:
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kmld1zTHmC8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kmld1zTHmC8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Now do you guys think "Star Story" and "Top Flop 2010" are two different shows?

DrSmith
01-09-2011, 10:52 PM
I think Tops et flops 2010 is the name of this particular episode of Star Story.

User22
01-09-2011, 10:56 PM
I think Tops et flops 2010 is the name of this particular episode of Star Story.

Oh goodness...this doesn't sound too good...

Människöpesten
01-09-2011, 11:00 PM
It's a trap

Fèvier
01-09-2011, 11:00 PM
In my area we use "flop" when someone says a really stupid joke that isn't funny in the least bit and no one laughs. Pretty much it means failure. Let's just hope that isn't the case here :o

DrSmith
01-09-2011, 11:11 PM
You can watch it here: http://www.directstar.fr/video/se40v Alizée starting @52:38

severianb
01-09-2011, 11:25 PM
Ok, it's definitely about her album being a poor seller. But I can understand what they are saying. I assume her interview was from before it was a flop, but what are they other guys saying about it?

User22
01-09-2011, 11:32 PM
Deleted for crappy video quality downloads :p

Rev
01-10-2011, 03:00 AM
Alizée is probably sitting at home crying. :(

Kronos
01-10-2011, 07:22 AM
Alizée is probably sitting at home crying. :(

Probably not.

Scruffydog777
01-10-2011, 08:12 AM
Well on the surface it doesn't look good. I can't wait for a translation, but if it is as it looks, it could explain the rumor we've heard of her thinking about going back to a pop album, because if the French media are calling UEDS a flop, would she think there is any sense in promoting this album any further or going on a tour?

Ronald
01-10-2011, 10:53 AM
That's probably the case. Stop all the effort, and use it to blow everyone away with the next album, oh and her 5th better be great, or else I don't know what will be the next step:eek:

I love her last album, but those critics can be really hard sometimes..

Deepwaters
01-10-2011, 11:14 AM
Well, let's be honest: commercially, UEDS was a flop. End of story. Artistically, it's great, and that's fine as far as it goes, but she does need to sell. The style, and her performance in it, just didn't resonate with enough people. Definitely time to try a different tack. So no, I wouldn't expect much in the way of further UEDS promotion.

I don't think she's crying. Our girl is tougher than that.

User22
01-10-2011, 11:37 AM
Well, let's be honest: commercially, UEDS was a flop. End of story. Artistically, it's great, and that's fine as far as it goes, but she does need to sell. The style, and her performance in it, just didn't resonate with enough people. Definitely time to try a different tack. So no, I wouldn't expect much in the way of further UEDS promotion.

This is true all the way around. This pretty much sums up UEDS and what Alizee needs to do, which is put UEDS on the shelf with all its great memories and get working again...

Scruffydog777
01-10-2011, 12:06 PM

I think she's too strong a person to cry, but she has to be terribly disappointed, and depressed to an extent. I wonder if there's something we could do as a forum to show our support for her, cheer her up, let her know we will still be there for her.

BrianO1
01-10-2011, 02:21 PM
From Ricky over at AF:

I don't have the time for a translation word by word, but the critic was saying that her album is pretty good and that the flop is not her fault: it's just that French people don't recognize her because passing from Mylène to the electro is too much for them...

Bigdan
01-10-2011, 04:20 PM
From Ricky over at AF:

Yes, it's not so bad... It's in fact very rare to heard from this kind of show, something good on the people the decide to knock... They said that's the album is rather good, but that the audience was puzzled by the change...
The voice over add ironicaly " not bad, but all we want to see it's her panties !" :o

Well... nothing really new. Just a confirmation of what we suspect...:(

User22
01-10-2011, 05:21 PM
Hey guys thanks to SoftAlex on AF we have a better version with no glips. Here it is:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YUEAQB6I

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/D07Mxeckgtw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/D07Mxeckgtw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

lalorocks
01-10-2011, 05:45 PM
A new album is a good idea, I want a new pop album, with songs that we can dance, that we can listen frecuently on the radio, and over all an album without jeremy and chateau marmont, only with BBbrunes because is poprock

Människöpesten
01-10-2011, 06:21 PM
she should do somezing with yelle. she's rather popular.

VVVACCPLPNLY
01-10-2011, 06:25 PM
I can't watch, but new album=YAY!
But we still really don't have any SOLID OFFICIAL confrimation, do we? I don't know cuz once again I can't see!!!

Rev
01-10-2011, 08:20 PM
I think she's too strong a person to cry, but she has to be terribly disappointed, and depressed to an extent. I wonder if there's something we could do as a forum to show our support for her, cheer her up, let her know we will still be there for her.

She is a strong person, but she is also a very real person. Remember, she was crying the last night of her first tour simply because it was over. This is why I think she responded to the shock of some of that video with some tears. Remember, for many women (and one new Speaker of the House I can think of) tears are just another way of expressing emotion.

However, this may also have been the perfect item to motivate her to go out and find the right people to work with - and this time without compromises. It could have been her wake up call. :)

Or, to quote a line in a movie: "This is your wake up call. Time to go to work." :D

Corsaire
01-10-2011, 10:02 PM
Here is a quick close enough translation to get the gist of it.

Female voice over:
“10 years after she moved France with her naughty schoolgirl outfits and her single Moi... Lolita, Alizée proposes her album UEDS. The little ex-protégé of MF makes a radical change when she decides to collaborate with the independent label Institubes. Result: it’s not bad, but it’s her panties we want to see.”
The last few words are said in a condescending/mocking voice.

Guy at the end:
“It’s a niche mistake. Her album is not a failure, it is simply that Alizée going electro, well, it just does not appeal to the masses who loved the little Lolita showing off her panties.”

If these comments seem overtly harsh to some, I would says that Alizée did mention as early as 2003 that she was aware of the fact that she would have to carry the Lolita image for the rest of a life, and she was fine with it. Well, she is more mature now and if she decided to make the last album what it is, I hope she understands that it was going to be pretty difficult if it proved to be a commercial failure according to the standards that she herself established. The media will just feast on such demise, and frankly, the masses love this sort of abuse as well. I am not saying that I agree with it or that it is justified, I am just saying it was to be expected.

This album is a commercial failure and I guess we can all agree it is a flop in that sense. They did recognize that UEDS is not an artistic flop. Myself, I quite like UEDS and I believe it is an honest piece of work. I respect Alizée very much for producing such an album.

lefty12357
01-10-2011, 10:55 PM
I agree, UEDS was an honest piece of work and I like it as well. Unfortunately the attitude shown by the voiceover and the guy at the end are probably indicative of the fact that much of the public in Alizée's homeland sees her in that light and expects her to be in that niche. I know it's not true of everyone and she has devoted French fans, but too few to make enough of a difference. She is up against a mindset that is firmly entrenched and it will be hard to break through it.

Hopefully she will succeed, even if she must do so in another country first. But that won't be easy either. Either way, I'm pulling for her and I hope she doesn't give up. With the right music and promo, I think she can be successful at it. Regardless, I enjoy her work and I will continue to buy her music, as I'm sure many of us will.

User22
01-11-2011, 12:38 AM
Here is a quick close enough translation to get the gist of it.

Female voice over:
“10 years after she moved France with her naughty schoolgirl outfits and her single Moi... Lolita, Alizée proposes her album UEDS. The little ex-protégé of MF makes a radical change when she decides to collaborate with the independent label Institubes. Result: it’s not bad, but it’s her panties we want to see.”
The last few words are said in a condescending/mocking voice.

Guy at the end:
“It’s a niche mistake. Her album is not a failure, it is simply that Alizée going electro, well, it just does not appeal to the masses who loved the little Lolita showing off her panties.”

Thanks so much Cors! Greatly appreciated :D

pepelepew
01-11-2011, 01:53 AM
This attitude expressed on the star story is indicative of the general shallowness of pop music culture unfortunately. It has always been more about the show than the quality of the product with few exceptions. Although I also think that Alizee could come back with some hits with the right production and music choice. A sexy wardrobe and snappy choreography would be a plus. I don't mean to say that it would need to be in poor taste either. In fact Alizee's charisma and natural beauty doesn't need much help and in her case less may be more. She needs some real professionals guiding the ship for a change. Not original, but my thoughts none the less..:)

Edcognito
01-11-2011, 07:47 AM
Have to agree with others here, that I *loved* UEDS - but its not going to be (or I should say, I didn't expect it to be) massively popular once I heard it. One of the reasons Alizeé became prominent (at least in my mind) was that her music was great, the choreography was good, but that even though she had a "pop" sound, and the "lolita" image, she didn't pull a Christina, Britney or any other pop-star kind of life-style...

Can you imagine Alizeé cutting off all her hair, and attacking an SUV with a pole?

O.o

Just me, but I wouldn't mind seeing another collaboration with MF/LB... Although, still, I would like her to go more "Pop/rock" than pure "pop"...

In any event, I will keep buying her work, and supporting *her*.

Ed :cool:

jung_adore_ALIZEE
01-11-2011, 09:53 AM
A new album is a good idea, I want a new pop album, with songs that we can dance, that we can listen frecuently on the radio, and over all an album without jeremy and chateau marmont, only with BBbrunes because is poprock

You really don't know what roll Jeremy plays in all this do you? You really can't blame him for any of it as he does his thing and she does hers.

she should do somezing with yelle. she's rather popular.

Yelle had already offered.

Regards,

Jung

Azhiri
01-30-2011, 01:12 AM
I really don't blame the french public for being iffy about her new image and music. She was a phenomenon with her seductive pop hits and dances for years and then she abruptly switches to dark and serious out of nowhere? It makes sense if you think about it from the viewpoint of those who don't closely follow and support her career like we do.

Ange
02-28-2011, 09:41 PM
aww that's ashame. But in my life I know that I do not prefer this sounnd. I like gourmandice the most.

User22
03-01-2011, 10:23 AM
aww that's ashame. But in my life I know that I do not prefer this sounnd. I like gourmandices the most.

Yeah...stinks that UEDS flopped :( But that's what most of us expected it to do.

And I never would have guessed that you like Gourmandises the best :p

Ange
03-01-2011, 10:59 AM
Ha ha ha, are you teasing' me?

I still like Alizee.
Honestly I find her very kind, normal sort of girl. A person that could be your neighbor helping you with a bag of groceries.

Fèvier
03-01-2011, 11:01 AM

I still like Alizee.
Honestly I find her very kind, normal sort of girl. A person that could be your neighbor helping you with a bag of groceries.

You mean like Amelie? :p

User22
03-01-2011, 02:48 PM

yeah :p im kidding though.

You mean like Amelie? :p

I wouldnt mind Lilly helping me out with groceries every once in awhile :)