PDA

View Full Version : Making an Instrument out of Alizée's Voice

lefty12357
02-12-2011, 10:54 PM
Just playing around with Alizée's voice to create an instrument out of it. Sorry for the poor voice-over. I'm just getting over a cold and I'm a bit hoarse. I even had to mute out a few coughing spells,lol.

Anyways, I thought I would share this.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fzuhlJt8bc8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

severianb
02-12-2011, 11:29 PM
That 50/60 acapella was a very nice thing to have been released. And Lefty getting ahold of it is a wonderful thing. Love your work. Got any full versions of remixes you have done we can download?

MarkL
02-13-2011, 01:35 AM
O MY GOODNESS, at first I was like where is he going with this then I heard all the softening and reverb and Im like wow this is sick, then I heard that song you made...o my sooooooo sickk this is amazing

HelixSix
02-13-2011, 02:16 AM
Genius at work.

Also I've always thought that her voice is an instrument in itself. Maybe it's because I don't know French, but her voice makes every song better. There are so many well composed songs over here that end up ruined by lyrics. This is one reason I like electronic music because there is no vocalist to screw it up.

When I show people French or instrumental music they get puzzled and don't end up liking it. They just dismiss any song that doesn't have lyrics, or lyrics they don't understand.

sumi1
02-13-2011, 07:48 AM
Excellent Lefty. I always liked all your Alizee remixes and this one was truly marvelous. You are really talented. Do you plan to release the full version of Les Collines remix?

PS: Get well soon :)

Toc De Mac
02-13-2011, 12:40 PM
What an awesome idea! :)

Tomtentp
02-13-2011, 02:30 PM
Just had to step in and congratulate you on your most innovative creations.
Sweet potatoes!

SaintÀlizee
02-13-2011, 06:27 PM
You sir, are a genius.

steamstrgg
02-13-2011, 07:03 PM
good job. :)

lefty12357
02-13-2011, 09:01 PM
Thanks everyone for your comments. I've always loved the sound of Alizée's voice and I really enjoy trying to capture a bit of its essence to use in making music. For those who asked, no, I don't have a complete version of the Les Collines remix. I need a clean
a cappella of Alizée's voice to do it properly, otherwise I don't feel it would be good enough for sharing publicly. No a cappellas were provided to us this time around. So I have no remixes from UEDS.

Thanks again! :)

Rev
02-13-2011, 10:44 PM
Very very interesting Lefty. :)

Fèvier
02-13-2011, 11:31 PM
I loves it! Oh and your voice sounds very much like a radio dude here. Maybe it's just me being tired and about to pass out or you have great radio voice. :p

User22
02-13-2011, 11:44 PM
Maybe it's just me being tired and about to pass out or you have great radio voice. :p

I second this comment lol. :eek: Why do I keep getting such good ideas?

__________________________________________________ __________________________
Lefty: Welcome to the first broadcast ofAAm Radio, brought to you by Elise Crackers, where one just isn't enough.

Today I'll play a couple tunes for you and then I'll discuss what its like to be an Alizee fan with my good friend Ruroshen. You can text in your thoughts to 867-5309 or post on our facebook page and be entered to win a free AAm Bear courtesy of CafePress.com.

We'll start this commercial-free hour with "L'e-mail a des ailes"...

__________________________________________________ __________________________

Oh wait, it's exactly like the podcast but in radio form...

Jake04
02-14-2011, 02:18 AM
A very unique way of listening to Alizee! Thanks for sharing us your "masterpiece," Lefty!
Have you ever thought of composing a song for Alizee? You're a very talented guy. Maybe you're the one that she needs to jump-start her career. I still enjoy listening to the b-day song that you wrote for her.

Fèvier
02-14-2011, 07:05 AM
Oh I remember during the last podcast (did that ever finish being edited?), Roman had a very soothing type of radio voice. It was just like, damn! That also reminds me, who wants some Roman Pizza? Jeje :p

User22
02-14-2011, 08:57 AM
Oh I remember during the last podcast (did that ever finish being edited?)

No I think whoever was recording it said that the file got corrupted and he couldn't recover it so it got lost; I think it was the 10th Anniversary of Moi...Lolita one.

lefty12357
02-14-2011, 04:44 PM
A very unique way of listening to Alizee! Thanks for sharing us your "masterpiece," Lefty!
Have you ever thought of composing a song for Alizee? You're a very talented guy. Maybe you're the one that she needs to jump-start her career. I still enjoy listening to the b-day song that you wrote for her.

Thanks! The answer to your question is yes.
Here are 2 examples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TA0lC-IROZM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG1-HDgwRNY

BlackAnthem
02-14-2011, 06:30 PM
That remix you had at the end! Soo good. Is there more to it? Can you post it?

lefty12357
02-14-2011, 08:02 PM
That remix you had at the end! Soo good. Is there more to it? Can you post it?

Thank you. No I never finished the remix so there's nothing to post. As I said earlier, the results would be sub-standard without a clean
a cappella of Alizée's voice, and none was made available to work with.