PDA

View Full Version : Guess who's going to create her own label...

Bigdan
02-28-2011, 04:36 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rmmAnbgLLQA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I think Priscilla experience could serve as a point of comparison in a very impredictable music market.
Priscilla share with Alizée an experience of success at a young age, followed by a more difficult period. She still have fans who hope her comeback.

What is interesting it's the differences in the choices she made. It could be food for thought, regardings all the conjectures we made on Alizée.
[I](What would happen if...)

Now , did Priscilla going to succeed her comeback, knowing that...

-She was very popular 10 y ago ( like Lily)

-She's still very in touch with her fans, and bring them video messages and photos ( mmmm... more than you know who...:rolleyes:)

-She quit her record company and now launch her own label to promote her music ( like Lily)

-She pose barely nude for photos in a magazine, to create some buzz around her ( unlike Lily)

-Her first self-produced album is going to be "mainstream" (soul music) and not "independant music" ( unlike Lily)

So, I think we have to keep an eyes on her...

What do you think?

Naft
02-28-2011, 05:00 PM
-She pose barely nude for photos in a magazine, to create some buzz around her ( unlike Lily)

I hope it stays that way too, and with her personality I think it's to stay that way. (Besides those UEDS pictures, but still, there's a difference.)

Bigdan
02-28-2011, 05:11 PM
I hope it stays that way too, and with her personality I think it's to stay that way. (Besides those UEDS pictures, but still, there's a difference.)

I don't have any judgment on this. I don't take as a good or bad exemple.
It's just a fact, and it's interesting to see if it make a difference in Priscilla 's case.

Naft
02-28-2011, 05:12 PM
I don't have any judgment on this. I don't take as a good or bad exemple.
It's just a fact, and it's interesting to see if it make a difference in Priscilla 's case.

It's still an interesting way of acquiring a bigger fan-base, although they both seem to share the goal they appear to have different ways to reach them.

Criss_pl
02-28-2011, 05:39 PM
Well, mainstream album always gets more attention from public than "alternative" or like you said independent one, maybe it does not strictly refers to fans (I mean old fans, for them it's still their idol), but overall from tv, magazines etc.
However I don't find soul music being exactly a mainstream, but still very close to this term, and much much more closer than UEdS.

Bigdan
02-28-2011, 06:46 PM
... although they both seem to share the goal they appear to have different ways to reach them.

That precisely what's interesting in following Priscilla carreer...

lefty12357
02-28-2011, 07:55 PM
I wish both Alizée and Priscilla a lot of luck. Success is hard to come by in the music business right now.

Ange
03-12-2011, 06:37 PM
last comment is true.

Cruzier
03-16-2011, 08:30 PM
For Sure It Is.