PDA

View Full Version : Problems accessing the forums?

User22
06-02-2011, 01:41 AM
Have you noticed the forums will occasionally "be down"?

Well if you think the forums may be down since you see an error message on your browser saying the site can't be accessed, then here is the solution!

1) Using a search engine, search "AlizeeAmerica Vaispy".
2) Click the link with this url: http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/vaispy.php
3) If you are not already logged in, then simply log in and you can access any page on the site! (Refer to step 4 if you are logged in prior to step 3)
4) If you are already logged in, simply log out and then log back in. You can then access any page on the site!

Hope this helps since I've noticed the forums have "gone down" twice today since I've had to do these 4 steps twice today.

(Credit to MerciAlizée for finding this out)

Scruffydog777
06-02-2011, 05:21 AM
I've had this problem about 4 times over the past few months. Sometimes lasting for a couple of days. Usually I can get to the home page, but no where else.

ferb96
06-02-2011, 07:49 AM
why is this happening anyway :confused:

User22
06-02-2011, 06:55 PM
why is this happening anyway :confused:

It's most definitely not site maintenance...

It's definitely not the forum going down permanently, since well, it keeps coming back on...

So I think it's just a problem with the site's servers...they must keep glippin!

Jake04
06-03-2011, 03:07 AM
You can also try using a different browser. Worked for me every time I had this problem.

User22
06-03-2011, 11:46 AM
Eh, I guess that could work too! But yeah, hopefully it stays up a long time!

Tom
06-03-2011, 12:08 PM
Usually I can get to the home page, but no where else.

Same here and it seems to happen to me almost every week at some point.

You can also try using a different browser. Worked for me every time I had this problem.

I use chrome as standard and when it doesn't work there, it still doesn't work in explorer. At least not for me.

User22
06-03-2011, 12:10 PM
Same here and it seems to happen to me almost every week at some point.

I use chrome as standard and when it doesn't work there, it still doesn't work in explorer. At least not for me.

Yeah when it doesn't work just use the 4 steps at the top of the thread. And if that doesn't work...then the forum is actually down haha

Ben
06-03-2011, 10:44 PM
It's a known vbulletin issue caused by the session table (database that keeps track of logins) filling up. How long the site's down is usually however long it takes me to get to a computer and empty it. Once we're up and running on a new server, I'll check if there's a way to automate this.

The reason a different browser sometimes works is because this actually only affects users previously logged in. So clearing cookies will also allow you to access the forum.

User22
06-03-2011, 11:28 PM
Ooohhh...thanks for clearing it up Ben! Yeah...none of our guesses were even close!

Rev
06-03-2011, 11:54 PM
It's a known vbulletin issue caused by the session table (database that keeps track of logins) filling up. How long the site's down is usually however long it takes me to get to a computer and empty it. Once we're up and running on a new server, I'll check if there's a way to automate this.

The reason a different browser sometimes works is because this actually only affects users previously logged in. So clearing cookies will also allow you to access the forum.

Yes. Thanks Ben. :)

Taxi Driver Aaron
10-16-2011, 12:20 AM
Ben, has this forum issue been fixed? I still have trouble with the foums going down once in a while...

User22
10-16-2011, 02:47 AM
Bump Count: 35

Taxi Driver Aaron
01-21-2012, 12:21 PM
The problem still occurs.... not as often though...

Taxi Driver Aaron
02-03-2012, 11:34 PM
had problems twice today.. still having to close the browser and clear the cookies in the cache ... Grrrrrrrrrr

User22
02-04-2012, 12:36 AM
had problems twice today.. still having to close the browser and clear the cookies in the cache ... Grrrrrrrrrr

No wonder people haven't been posting as much :(

Taxi Driver Aaron
02-04-2012, 12:45 AM

yeah, it's been a pain getting on... I think we need a better server!

Tchaikovsky
02-04-2012, 12:49 AM

I'm still here...

Taxi Driver Aaron
02-04-2012, 02:50 AM
I'm still here...

Don't be silly... you don't count!... :p