PDA

View Full Version : Favorite moments from En Concert

Cooney
11-01-2006, 09:57 AM
We've got a thread discussing favorite videos, by overall song or performance, but what about those single moments in videos that take them from good to great? I'm talking a single expression, use of a word, or single action that just jumps out at you. I (like most everybody here) love watching En Concert on DVD, and have the following three moments that I think are my favorites - it makes me bounce around happily each time they come up:

1) The wide-eyed back and forth glance Alizée gives on the line "j'en ris" at the beginning of J'en ai marre! I wish there was a way I could capture the full movement of that look in a single screenshot, from the initial widening of the eyes, all the way to the cut.

2) The sweep-in zoom when Olivier first puts his guitar around Alizée's neck, before she's played anything, when she's got her "rock star" face on. I wish the camera were closer!

3) During the credit roll, as it is cutting back and forth between shots of them all on stage and of previous concert footage, there is a long distance shot of the whole stage at approximately 1:29:50. Alizée has both hands above her head clapping, and quite suddenly strikes fifth position, and begins turning very rapid pirouettes. She does three complete ones (and looks like she easily has enough momentum for more) before the camera cuts away and we lose her. We all know she is a dancer, but I love that little unchoreographed moment. Another where I wish the camera was closer, and held the shot all the way through. I have to guess she must have been so happy right there to want to do that.

So, what are other people's favorite little moments from En Concert? The magical Lili-moments that make life worth living?

jeroh
11-01-2006, 10:03 AM
in amelie m'a dit ... when she laugh

atra201
11-01-2006, 10:14 AM
wrong post brad plz delete this

atra201
11-01-2006, 10:17 AM
in fun tv interview when Alizee finds that tinkerbelle gift.
i'll remeber the rest l8r.

Moe
11-01-2006, 10:20 AM
in fun tv interview when sees the tinkerbelle gift.

i'll remember the rest later.

En concert moments Ali:p

for me its:
-when she hops b4 introducing the drummer :o
-Amelie Laugh
-the spin in Toc de Mac
-...etc :D

Cooney
11-01-2006, 10:20 AM
in amelie m'a dit ... when she laugh

Ah, yes. Nice little audience interaction on that one :-)

(Translated lyric at that moment is "I am not beautiful." What the audience shouts, and the sign says, is "You are beautiful." One can perhaps imagine a bit of a blush being covered by that laugh.)

atra201
11-01-2006, 10:29 AM
En concert moments Ali:p :D

sorry
from En concert :
the spin in hey amigo
and i'll remember the rest l8r.

aFrenchie
11-01-2006, 10:33 AM
I like funny faces she makes in that video (http://moi-alizee.us/play/?v=38) from 0:30 to 0:36. Nobody made a gif out of this moment?? :confused:

EDIT: oops sorry, it's not in concert...

Amelie
11-01-2006, 10:33 AM
to me-Amelie laugh and in Moi...Lolita, when quitarists press her and she screams :D

atra201
11-01-2006, 11:02 AM
to me-Amelie laugh and in Moi...Lolita, when quitarists press her and she screams :D

i just saw that and i can't get enough of it
good job guys.:D

RMJ
11-01-2006, 01:08 PM
My favorite moment is when I two years ago first time put the DVD on tray and hit play button... and then woke up from trance three hours later (watched it twice)... it was... amazing...

But if we need to talk about few moments on the DVD, then well... One nice is at the start. She's sitting on top of the shoe and it starts spinning... and the concert starts ! Thats amazing and exciting moment !

During Hey Amigo I love all those close ups ! There's amazing close ups of her face ! The whole song is one of my favs. Some don't like it cause they says it's not dynamic enough for concert, but I think she nailed it. It's exactly how I'd imagine song like that to be performed. I love her subtle dancing during it. And she sounds AMAZING !! :wub:

Then the TDM starts... She sitting down and falls on back... singing few lines like that... :eek: :wub: She really gets it going in this song, and she loves to sing it. And loves to dance in it ! And that cute little spin and everything... It's amazing :wub:

Then the circus music starts ! The real SHOW starts ! All the role playing... :blink: And during JEAM, her expressions... they cannot be described with words...

Oh well.. Let's leave it to that... There's 13 more songs full of details that would deserve to be mentioned... but you can find them yourself !

But if to summarize the rest of the songs then:
the role playing, ACC hop, Youpidou dance, MM :eek: , AMD laugh... and the freaky triple jointed hands ! :blink: (they scares me every time !)

But that's just tip of the iceberg...

brad
11-01-2006, 01:39 PM
But if we need to talk about few moments on the DVD, then well... One nice is at the start. She's sitting on top of the shoe and it starts spinning... and the concert starts ! Thats amazing and exciting moment !

yes .. my favorite is the very beginning. i can't imagine how great that must have been for the people who got a chance to go to the concert.

when that shoe starts turning, it gives me chills .. lol

I <3 Zombies
11-01-2006, 01:49 PM
My favorite moment has got to be right after Youpidou when she is getting all of the pink rags thrown at her and does that little jump.

C-4
11-01-2006, 02:23 PM
I as well love the part where Oliver places his Les Paul around her neck.
I also love the way she sings J'en Ai Marre and the expressions.

However during the entire concert, Alizée was so animated that there are portions of every song that has a special moment for me.

She is just so Toc De Mac.

jeroh
11-01-2006, 03:20 PM
[QUOTE=RMJ;14716]My favorite moment is when I two years ago first time put the DVD on tray and hit play button... and then woke up from trance three hours later (watched it twice)... it was... amazing...

LOL

nurvonic
11-01-2006, 04:47 PM
mine is also the start of the concert, when the big shoe starts turning and you know whos at the top, the crowd starts cheering and then L'alize starts playing. i cant even imagine how the moment was in real life.

another moment that gets me every time... during parler tout bas, when she leans back on the big shoe and smiles, the crowd cheers, and then she blows the kiss

theres lots of little moments like these that i can think of that would fill up an entire post..lol

bt_bird_90
11-01-2006, 06:50 PM
I didn't get here soon enough. I always thought "J'suis pas belle" was only my favorite, oh well.

It's true, there are too many great moments to catch and write down, especially when she draws you in so you can't take a break until it's over. I'll try, but it might take a few weeks.

I enjoy reading everyone else's contributions, I re-watched every one. :p

Cooney
11-01-2006, 06:51 PM
Argh! So many great moments :-P

Sorry, I didn't mean to absolutely exclude other videos, I just figured if we tried to cover all videos at once, we'd be forever buried under mile long posts and filled with fits of happiness that would stop our normal lives :-D

The production value on the show was great, and both the start (shoe turn) and finish (audience interaction) kicked butt. I love the shared energy that goes back and forth between Alizée and the crowd throughout the show, and the huge peaks in those spots (among others).

zemasterzzz
11-01-2006, 10:06 PM
I haven't had the chance to see the whole thing b/c I don't have the dvd. From what I see in the concert it's all good. She's so lively the whole thing. A great performance. From what I remeber I found certain parts extra cute like when she does a little suprised jump when she got hit by a pink rag after youpidou.

maareek
11-01-2006, 11:56 PM
Man this thread really makes me want to see the DVD. I'm just glad that I'm about to have the money to finally buy it. Even though I've seen most of the moments you guys have mentioned through youtube, google, and here I can't wait til I can see them all in sequential order.

cane17
11-02-2006, 02:03 AM
Then the TDM starts... She sitting down and falls on back... singing few lines like that... :eek: :wub: She really gets it going in this song, and she loves to sing it. And loves to dance in it ! And that cute little spin and everything... It's amazing :wub:

I watch that part over and over again.

rcs
11-02-2006, 08:19 AM
During Gourmandises with her blue dress and white boots right as she is coming out onto the stage (about 26:55 min into the DVD) Alizee is seen twisting her hips to the beat. I know it might seem so small of a moment to comment, but I somehow find this one of my fav cute moments of her concert DVD. ;)

Same song, but this time at 29:20 - 29:31 min with her back to the audience. Suddenly! She twists just her upper body to the right to sing a verse. Then back to the audience. Once again! She twists to the left for another verse. Then right...Gets me every time.

And of course dancing with her hands in those pockets. Simple, but very effective as far as me being fully satisified and entertained. :p

Cooney
11-02-2006, 09:05 AM
During Gourmandises with her blue dress and white boots right as she is coming out onto the stage (about 26:55 min into the DVD) Alizee is seen twisting her hips to the beat. I know it might seem so small of a moment to comment, but I somehow find this one of my fav cute moments of her concert DVD. ;)

Same song, but this time at 29:20 - 29:31 min with her back to the audience. Suddenly! She twists just her upper body to the right to sing a verse. Then back to the audience. Once again! She twists to the left for another verse. Then right...Gets me every time.

Indeed! My eyes follow her movements every time, as if they had a mind of their own. I questioned their choice of that costume until I saw that part of the show - Alizée is the first woman I've seen who makes a sack dress look sexy. She really puts a lot of boom-di-boom in that one, and totally won me over.

Sir Wood
11-03-2006, 02:10 AM
Man this thread really makes me want to see the DVD. I'm just glad that I'm about to have the money to finally buy it. Even though I've seen most of the moments you guys have mentioned through youtube, google, and here I can't wait til I can see them all in sequential order.

I’ve been hesitant myself, just because my DVD player isn’t set for that region format and even then I don’t know if my TV could display it. :(

Given those “En Concert” videos that are online, I know it's not the single moment, but I’d say the whole choreography in “Youpidoo.” I love the foot work and near the end when she teasingly rolls her eyes. :wub:

Cooney
11-04-2006, 10:48 AM
I’ve been hesitant myself, just because my DVD player isn’t set for that region format and even then I don’t know if my TV could display it. :(

Hehe, I bought it, and then checked to see if the format would work. When it didn't, I went to the store that very night, got in 10 minutes before they closed, and bought a new DVD entertainment system with 5.1 surround, just so I could watch it immediately :-P

Let's see... been what, a month of so? No regrets yet!

Adi King
11-04-2006, 06:47 PM
En concert moments Ali:p

for me its:
-when she hops b4 introducing the drummer :o
-Amelie Laugh
-the spin in Toc de Mac
-...etc :D

...Before the drums when indroduces them. Thats excatley my favorite too. :wub:

Senshi87
11-07-2006, 10:33 AM
ordered dvd today cant wait to spend time watching it!!;) :D

Amelie
11-07-2006, 11:01 AM
ooh, i love that moment in Gourmandises when she comes on stage! and i love that moment in L'e-Mail A Des Ailes when she dissapears in the dark.

HibyPrime
11-07-2006, 03:07 PM
The beginning (before l'alizé) where it looks like there are 2 lesbos kissing, watch it a second time and you'll notice one of em is just a very girly man.

rwd716
11-08-2006, 01:35 AM
AMD laugh... and the freaky triple jointed hands ! :blink: (they scares me every time !)

What freaky hands?

RMJ
11-08-2006, 10:57 AM
What freaky hands?
Meant to say arms. Freaky arms !

bt_bird_90
11-09-2006, 04:13 AM
Meant to say arms. Freaky arms !

What freaky arms?

RMJ
11-09-2006, 09:42 AM
Don't you guys ever watch the DVD. :blink:

Senshi87
11-09-2006, 12:45 PM
hopefully tomorrow it will drop in my mailbox!! :D

*waioting hopefully*

xaypock
11-09-2006, 01:35 PM
I love the laugh during Amelie like everyone else, but one other thing really stands out for me.
During Parler tout bas, the middle of the song where the instrumental section comes in, Alizee leans back on the shoe and looks at the crowd. Her smile, the way she moves / body language, it seems like such a happy moment for her - looks like she's really enjoying life at that moment. :)

Matrix
11-09-2006, 09:37 PM
My favorite moment is when she introduces all her band members to the audience and you realize it's a team effort on that stage

Senshi87
11-10-2006, 03:56 AM
YEESSS IT DROPPED IN MY MAILBOX TODAY!!!HAHAHA
i was waiting outside by mailbox and when the mailman drove in he luaghed at me standing in the cold waiting for him :D :D:D

bt_bird_90
11-10-2006, 04:00 AM
Ah, sounds like another proud owner of the DVD. Before I go to bed I'd like to be the first to say congratulations on your most-excellent of purchases and I hope you enjoy it! :p Good night, have fun!:p

Senshi87
11-10-2006, 05:06 AM
if u look at when she performs moi lolita, look on the stage is it me or is there an american flag that has been thrown on the stage? :)

Cooney
11-10-2006, 05:42 AM
if u look at when she performs moi lolita, look on the stage is it me or is there an american flag that has been thrown on the stage? :)

It sure is :-) Notice as well how Alizée twists to step around it half a dozen times as she runs back and forth. I thought for a minute when I first saw it that it was the flag of Brittany, which looks very nearly the same, but then when I realized it wasn't black and white I knew it was an American flag. Glad to see we were represented even then :-)

Senshi87
11-10-2006, 06:09 AM
It sure is :-) Notice as well how Alizée twists to step around it half a dozen times as she runs back and forth. I thought for a minute when I first saw it that it was the flag of Brittany, which looks very nearly the same, but then when I realized it wasn't black and white I knew it was an American flag. Glad to see we were represented even then :-)

wonder who threw it :p

aFrenchie
11-10-2006, 08:43 AM
wonder who threw it :p
http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthread.php?p=2129#post2129

Cooney
11-10-2006, 09:38 AM

Thanks for the link aFrenchie, some of those reports are great. Mayhem's report, in particular, really drew me in. That guy knows how to write.

aFrenchie
11-10-2006, 10:06 AM
Mayhem's report, in particular, really drew me in. That guy knows how to write.
His story is amazing indeed. :blink: For others to read: Mayhem (http://www.alizee-fanpage.com/page.php?language=ger&content=showpress&id=214&lang=gb)

Senshi87
11-10-2006, 05:39 PM

must say quite incredible :)

so he threw the big bear on the stage as well? :D

i so would want to be there,.....

watched en concert 4 times today already, i feel i want alizée back now more than ever!!! :(