PDA

View Full Version : alizée popular in the US

Senshi87
11-01-2006, 09:31 PM
I only found this site a while ago, but it struck me how Alizée was so popular in the states, even though i read somewhere she never promoted her CD in the states in any ways.
Compared to the amount of users here from the EU, Alizée seems more popular in the US :)=

RadioactiveMan
11-01-2006, 09:45 PM
I think that this website contains just about every North American fan ( :( ) so her popularity isn't as great as you think here. The only reason why users from the US are here in such great numbers compared to European fans is becauses the website was designed for American (though not just) fans who have never heard about her at home.

RMJ
11-01-2006, 09:57 PM
I only found this site a while ago, but it struck me how Alizée was so popular in the states, even though i read somewhere she never promoted her CD in the states in any ways.
Compared to the amount of users here from the EU, Alizée seems more popular in the US :)=

Like RadioactiveMan already said, it's just delusion that the US would have more fans than Europe.

The biggest fan site is located here:
http://www.alizee-forum.com/index.php
(it have had almost 54.000 registered accounts during it's life time. But many have been deleted due to inactivity)

And most of them aren't from the States.

Also, French has several forums. Germans has their own forum. Russians has their own forum. And many others. But AF board has stayed the biggest meeting place.

Another thing to remember is that Alizée isn't new thing in Europe. In the states, she is. Or actually, she has never even gotten to the States yet. She's practically unknown there.

Even in Mexico she is much more star. There is hundreds of Mexican fans, and they have huge board (currently down due to tech problems, but will be up soon again).

So, reason why this board has so few Europeans are simple. They got other boards to stay on. Plenty of other boards. They don't find any valid reason to come here ( except "few" hardcore fans :blink: ).

zemasterzzz
11-01-2006, 10:09 PM
That just means all us north americans gotta all meet somewhere and beg alizee to come perform for us. OR atleast grace us with her presence.

Senshi87
11-01-2006, 10:15 PM
then fans from north america must keep sending her fan mail!
and one day im quite sure she will perform :)

brad
11-01-2006, 10:19 PM
welcome to the website Senshi :)

Alizée is basically unknown here in the USA (like they said above). but we are trying to spread the word about her.

RMJ
11-01-2006, 10:31 PM
then fans from north america must keep sending her fan mail!
and one day im quite sure she will perform :)

Currently, if she'd come back soon and would do international touring, your bet choice would be to gang up with Mexicans. Because she might actually do concert in Mexico, or atleast visit there like she did in Asia earlier. Another choice would to do the same with Quebecois (only because of it's French speakers... She's not really famous there).

But chances to get concert to the USA, right now, would be pretty much zero. Maybe in future if she gets more famous there. But not currently.

(of course concert anywhere is currently impossible... but "by currently" i mean in few months or years when she comes back and starts to have concerts again)

Senshi87
11-01-2006, 10:38 PM
japan was very fond of her, especially with her cute looks which really goes for all japanese, cuteness works for everything in japan!

have some friends there asking for updates about the third album :>

and ofc thanks brad was a pleasure to be able to find such a good site! since most others are only forums this was everything in one package one could say :)

rcs
11-02-2006, 07:45 AM
When I come back to the U.S. I'd be happy to see Lili in Mexico! Viva La Mexico!!! Haven't been to Canada, I'd love to see her there too, as well as Canada. :D

Rocket
11-02-2006, 10:55 AM
Hold it! There's a place where we can write to Aliz'ee? Gimmie Gimmie

RMJ
11-02-2006, 10:59 AM

Alizée
c/o Polydor - Universal Music
20/22, Rue des Fossés-Saint-Jacques
F - 75005 Paris
France

atra201
11-02-2006, 10:59 AM

what where the heck is that place :confused: :confused:
i have so much to tell her.
i'm so going in the other direction.

Sir Wood
11-03-2006, 01:20 AM
Alizée
c/o Polydor - Universal Music
20/22, Rue des Fossés-Saint-Jacques
F - 75005 Paris
France

I saw that a while back on her Bio page but didn't know if it would have still been valid. :confused:

aditya8617
11-03-2006, 02:21 AM
She is no longer with polydor how do you expect polydor to transfer all of Alizee's fanmail to her. Hopefully her new address will come soon.

RMJ
11-03-2006, 02:42 AM
I saw that a while back on her Bio page but didn't know if it would have still been valid. :confused:
No one knows if it's valid or not. But at least no one has gotten mail back saying that it isn't valid...

She is no longer with polydor how do you expect polydor to transfer all of Alizee's fanmail to her. Hopefully her new address will come soon.
And how do you know that ? Give source of your information. If you are referring to those rumors floating around, then don't... they are just rumors without any base...

Beside, even if she isn't on Polydor anymore, they would most likely to redirect it to right place.

C-4
11-03-2006, 10:46 AM
That address was the very first place I wrote to Alizée and unfortunately, I never got any response back. I don't know if the letter got there, or if it did get there and they discarded it, rather then re-directing it.