PDA

View Full Version : Met her on the port last evening

ajaccio corsica
08-13-2011, 07:59 AM
Hello
She had a drink with her mum and her cute litte chihuahua in a bar
There's a night market that takes place there during the summer
She got a new tattoo on the arm, well, seemed to have :)
Have a great day :hello:

para.izée
08-13-2011, 08:40 AM
pics or it didn't happen.

Edit:

And it's old news here, but nice of you to make it into a thread, since nobody understood the importance of the event without the translation http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?p=207317#post207317

ajaccio corsica
08-13-2011, 09:00 AM
hi
sure, it's me who posted on FB ;)
it wasn't Topaz but a chihuahua :)
I didn't take any pic of course, nothing specially interesting after all
she just had a drink on the terrace and then left
cheers

Toc De Mac
08-13-2011, 10:19 AM
Wow, sweet ! That would be really cool to just be able to chance upon her in a bar like that. :o

Deepwaters
08-13-2011, 12:20 PM
Nice to see you again, Chris. I have plans to pay a long-term visit to Corsica probably next year; maybe we'll run into each other. (I meant you and me, but I could just as easily mean Alizée and me, I suppose.)

Jake04
08-13-2011, 04:01 PM
Tell her no more tattoos! :D

wasabi622
08-13-2011, 09:51 PM
That must be nice... to randomly and casually see her just chilling around enjoying a drink.

Though at the same time, it indicates that she's not really in the spotlight in the slightest. Not exactly a bad thing for her, but not the best either.

Finnishguy
08-14-2011, 10:56 AM
I think that in this thread we can see again how difficult it's to believe when something this happens.
Well, it would be great to see her in her home place. Maybe to go and talks little. You were lucky :)

Fèvier
08-14-2011, 11:00 AM
I think that in this thread we can see again how difficult it's to believe when something this happens.
Well, it would be great to see her in her home place. Maybe to go and talks little. You were lucky :)

Well that's because it's kind of random and this forum has experienced more than it's fair share of trolls.

Pretty cool you got to see her :)

user472884
08-14-2011, 06:17 PM
pics or it didn't happened.

pics or gtfo, newb

Bigdan
08-14-2011, 06:28 PM
hi
sure, it's me who posted on FB ;)
it wasn't Topaz but a chihuahua :)
I didn't take any pic of course, nothing specially interesting after all
she just had a drink on the terrace and then left
cheers

Does she look tanned?

FanDeAliFee
08-15-2011, 02:55 AM

user472884
08-15-2011, 04:29 AM
I hope no one will start a "Parts of Alizée I have seen naked" thread.

Referring to legitimate sightings or photoshops?

Bigdan
08-15-2011, 09:50 AM
What a clever way to politely ask
"Which parts of her body were naked when you saw her?"

Bigdan must be English!!!

I take it as a compliment.:hatsoff:

SlipshodDread
08-15-2011, 11:09 AM

really? :o

But literally this topic has started to border on insanity >.> Also all we would need is Jeremy to make an account and he would have obviously seen more than the entire forum collectively lol.

melovelily
08-15-2011, 02:08 PM
But literally this topic has started to border on insanity >.> Also all we would need is Jeremy to make an account and he would have obviously seen more than the entire forum collectively lol.

That why he is the luckiest SOB ever

wasabi622
08-15-2011, 10:19 PM
What a clever way to politely ask
"Which parts of her body were naked when you saw her?"

Bigdan must be English!!!

I hope no one will start a "Parts of Alizée I have seen naked" thread.

OR, you know, he was just asking if she was tan or not. Innocent enough question.

Paulina
08-16-2011, 01:01 AM
I wonder how Topaz is doing. :13:

User22
08-16-2011, 01:19 AM
Enough of the "naked" stuff guys, it's disrespectful.

Deepwaters
08-16-2011, 02:46 AM

LOL well, if so, then I think you may be the only Frenchman in the world who would take being called English as a compliment. My Paris chat correspondent just took a job in London after badmouthing England and the English for (it seemed like) hours on end. We both laughed at that.

It's mutual, too; they don't like you, either. It's kind of weird.

para.izée
08-16-2011, 03:25 AM
Nah. Bigdan was just trying to politely deflect st's silly barb. He should be Canadian, polite to a fault.(now there is a real compliment) I better stop this or it'll all end on global *thermonucular*(long live GWB) war. :nervous: I better 'tiny-print' it.

Disclaimer:
No derision of any nationalities or person living, defunct, real or fictional(and that includes all the ultra sensitive little bots 'minding the store' when nobody is home) intended. Any further inquiries most be directed to IDGAFF llc.

SlipshodDread
08-16-2011, 05:26 AM
LOL well, if so, then I think you may be the only Frenchman in the world who would take being called English as a compliment. My Paris chat correspondent just took a job in London after badmouthing England and the English for (it seemed like) hours on end. We both laughed at that.

It's mutual, too; they don't like you, either. It's kind of weird.

Yeah. I agree there is something weird between the French and the English. I personally don't have any dislike (I'm English) towards the French, but I have seen a few French people say how much they hate the English language and how un-cultured we are :P However I am CERTAIN that French people have seen English people making comments about the French.

I mean i'll have a bit of playful banter if a French person has a dig at my country or language, but I have seen a lot of people take it too far, both ways.

TBH a lot of English people actually go out and live in France, so there can't be that much resentment :P

A mate of mine who moved to France, near Toulouse, says that pretty much everyone dislikes the English at the schools he went to, and that most people hate the English language. It could just be that the further south you go...

If there was that much of a problem, I doubt that the Channel Tunnel would have ever been made, but I'm glad it was, means I can get to Paris in four hours if i like :D

Bigdan
08-16-2011, 06:06 AM
1/ I think that our opinion about english people are not exactly the same if you live in a big city or in the country. There's a lot of historic reasons to be in conflict with them, and in sport too, but London is now the 6th biggest french city in the world and that must say something.
French youth really appreciate the music and also the lifestyle. An having " an english attitude" in reference to a certain distinction is pretty positive in french language.

2/ All this doesn't answer my question. :D

Edit:

A mate of mine who moved to France, near Toulouse, says that pretty much everyone dislikes the English at the schools he went to, and that most people hate the English language. It could just be that the further south you go...

Rugby affrontement coud be the reason. In the south, english team are the historic ennemi.
And to put this "hate" into perspective, people of Toulouse can have the same feeling about Parisians !
So...

SlipshodDread
08-16-2011, 07:10 AM
1/ I think that our opinion about english people are not exactly the same if you live in a big city or in the country. There's a lot of historic reasons to be in conflict with them, and in sport too, but London is now the 6th biggest french city in the world and that must say something.
French youth really appreciate the music and also the lifestyle. An having " an english attitude" in reference to a certain distinction is pretty positive in french language.

2/ All this doesn't answer my question. :D

Edit:

Rugby affrontement coud be the reason. In the south, english team are the historic ennemi.
And to put this "hate" into perspective, people of Toulouse can have the same feeling about Parisians !
So...

Fair enough, I wasn't aware of that :P Obviously you have to live in France to know... (or be a fan of rugby)

Also I said they hate the English language, not the English people :P which I can understand, given English's germanic roots... Plus how much the language changes compared to French, which is the result of the Académie Francaise, where there is no English equivalent

But as you say there is a fairly big French population in England, plus a lot of the people here look at Parisian culture as a guide. London and Paris obviously have all the well known Brand shops, but there are hundreds upon hundreds of beautiful small boutiques selling clothes, food etc

Deepwaters
08-16-2011, 11:16 AM
I think it's just sibling rivalry. ;)

FanDeAliFee
08-17-2011, 02:06 AM

SlipshodDread
08-17-2011, 11:39 AM
Lol. Number 1 epic waste of time?

User22
08-17-2011, 03:47 PM
Lol. Number 1 epic waste of time?

"SiecleTerrible's Essays on Everything and Anything" are the only completely off-topic thing in the "Alizee News/Discussion" threads that we don't delete here at AAm, sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you for your feedback.

FanDeAliFee
08-18-2011, 01:22 AM

Alizee_is_Scottish!
08-18-2011, 02:45 PM
Think its important not to mix up English and British as meaning the same thing. The Scots aren't quite as bad with the stereotypes of the French.

The view of the French as cheese eating surrender monkeys, smelling of garlic, eating frogs legs and snails and having a lack of personel hygiene is alive and well within the English working class.

I had a few runs ashore in France with the Royal Navy (inluding Ajjacio) and the welcome was not overwhelming from the host nation. Although to be fair, the French Navy still have a problem with what happened in WWII : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attack_on_Mers-el-K%C3%A9bir

Trying to get back on theme - wouldn't it be best to leave someone alone and not bother them when they are having down time at home without the hassle of posing for photographs?

Junkmale
08-18-2011, 07:43 PM
AIS is 100% correct.
The UK is NOT England. It is England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, IOM, Channel Islands etc etc.
It's a common misconception to associate everything British with England. Which is not, obviously, correct.
I don't suspect that the Welsh have any problem with the French?

Edcognito
08-18-2011, 09:59 PM
Hello

How cool is that? I for one would love to meet her! Bye the way, what is "the port"?

Thanks

Ed :cool:

FanDeAliFee
08-18-2011, 11:58 PM

Deepwaters
08-19-2011, 01:17 PM
I just had a conversation in chat with my French friend who was born in Ajaccio. He is now living in London in a shared flat with two Spaniards and working for a Japanese company and is cooking Italian for dinner tonight. Do we live in an interesting, changing world or what?

Bigdan
08-19-2011, 02:16 PM
How cool is that? I for one would love to meet her! Bye the way, what is "the port"?

The harbour.

Junkmale
08-19-2011, 06:33 PM
ST

Forgot to mention every episode of 'allo 'allo? Not forgetting the Germans and the Italians.

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7hfHyDSTX50" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FanDeAliFee
08-19-2011, 11:11 PM

Bigdan
08-22-2011, 08:03 AM
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/2962/31451714011886274403210.jpg

I think I got my answer...;)

SaintÀlizee
08-22-2011, 08:44 AM
The Monty Pythons would teach us with the fanciful video below that, incredibly, British-French antagonism reaches back to a pre-English Britain!

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/74Im6zOHeow" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

HAHA! I love this movie.

Edcognito
08-25-2011, 07:48 PM
The harbour.

I was totally expecting to get some slang back... /facepalm....

Of *COURSE* I know what a port is... rarely expect to hear it from other people tho... :o

ajaccio corsica
08-26-2011, 04:31 AM
Hi
we generally admit that harbor is the commercial area for cargos and ferries and port is the fishermen' place just down the citadel with bars and restaurants on the quays, more typical
I dont really remember the way she looked, very casual with tank top, short pants and Roman style sandals called Tropeziennes
She was tanned and she brought a beige chihuahua with her, Topaz is a yorkshire if I remember well
cheers

Bigdan
08-26-2011, 06:37 AM
Hi
we generally admit that harbor is the commercial area for cargos and ferries and port is the fishermen' place just down the citadel with bars and restaurants on the quays, more typical
I dont really remember the way she looked, very casual with tank top, short pants and Roman style sandals called Tropeziennes
She was tanned and she brought a beige chihuahua with her, Topaz is a yorkshire if I remember well
cheers

Thanks a lot for the details...

Azhiri
08-26-2011, 07:42 AM
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/249513_10150632675990574_14762050573_19071789_2205 818_n.jpg

I'm guessing her chihuahua companion is that little guy. Man he's tiny, even for a chihuahua. o_o

ajaccio corsica
08-26-2011, 11:41 AM
right, exactly, wel, she's very short too so they fit well together ;)
she really looks like a teen

Deepwaters
08-26-2011, 04:14 PM
right, exactly, wel, she's very short too

Much like a certain other famous Corsican. :)

DrSmith
08-26-2011, 05:41 PM
Much like a certain other famous Corsican. :)

Aah, yes. Henry Padovani.

:))

User22
08-26-2011, 09:09 PM
Thanks AC for the in-depth details :) Glad you got to see her (if I remember correctly you've met her in the past).

FanDeAliFee
08-28-2011, 05:55 PM

SpanishFan
08-28-2011, 06:20 PM
Very enjoyable post to read, SiècleTerrible.:thumb:
And thank you for the very helpful external links.

User22
08-28-2011, 06:57 PM
Very enjoyable post to read, SiècleTerrible.:thumb:
And thank you for the very helpful external links.

Well that's new...I'm glad someone appreciates them!

FanDeAliFee
08-29-2011, 03:30 AM

SpanishFan
08-29-2011, 07:51 PM
Thank you for the kind public encouragement. Your English must be very good; I do not make the effort to write short, simple sentences.

I remember reading that some part of Corsican architecture reflects a Spanish influence. For a time, the island was held by Aragon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crown_of_Aragon), which is said to explain the use of a Moor's head on Corsica's flag.

I always find interesting all those historic facts, specially between France, Spain, Italy, and United Kingdom.
All these countries had been influenced by the rest at some point in history, since roman empire times until today, and they had been allies or enemies depending on the era that we are looking at.

And of course Corsica´s history is particularly interesting for its strategic location in the Mediterranean sea.

Is there any special affection in Spain for Alizée's song [I]Hey amigo[I]?

Yes, the reference to the city was exciting, specially back in 2004 when people was hoping to see Alizée performing that song in a concert in Barcelona, but that was never the case...
I like the song not only for the spanish city, i like it for the way she sings it in third person to a friend who is falling for a girl and how she compares this girl with the city.
And the reference about a tattoo on the girl´s back! :D

User22
08-29-2011, 08:46 PM
Is there any special affection in Spain for Alizée's song Hey! Amigo!? I don't think she ever performed in Spain, not even during the first phase of her career.

There just might be, cause she performed in Spain several times. Here's one of them:

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Qz2kiLhnezg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Q0L_ZVGanrU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here's the page for the "Alizee Spain" search I did which shows she did much more stuff in Spain that I even knew!
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Alizee+spain&aq=f

SpanishFan
08-30-2011, 09:37 PM
There just might be, cause she performed in Spain several times.

Yes she did, but i have to say that all of that performances were just promotional appearances, like she did in many european countries and tv programs. Not a single concert in Spain...
And even the public for a lot of those shows were not Alizée fans...

In 2001 she performed Moi Lolita in a famous spanish late night, and i remember all the people saying the next day: "Did you see that girl on tv last night? wow!":D
It is a shame that theres no video of that show because a lot of (spanish)people discovered her in that program.

atra201
09-01-2011, 02:29 AM
Hello
you lucky bastard
tell her I said hi the nexxt time:2_thumbs:

rcs
09-01-2011, 04:11 AM
[QUOTE=SpanishFan;208218]Did you see that girl on tv last night? wow!"[/I]:DQUOTE]

I can only imagine how much of an impact she made on those new Spanish fans! Man, I wish she performed for us Americans back then.

ajaccio corsica
09-01-2011, 03:16 PM
Hi
I don't really understand why there aren't more people who come and visit us :(

Deepwaters
09-02-2011, 01:12 PM
Hi

You mean, visit you there in Corsica? I'm pretty sure it's because times are hard these days and travel is expensive.

For what it's worth, I'm hoping to go there next year.

Rev
09-03-2011, 03:42 AM
Hi

I was in Mallorca last year and looked to hop over to Corsica. You wouldn't believe what the airlines wanted to make that relatively short hop. :)

FanDeAliFee
09-13-2011, 04:12 AM

SlipshodDread
09-13-2011, 11:42 AM
But they probably heard the English sentence they're asked 99% of the time:
How much does it cost to get off ON Mallorca?
That's surely why so large an amount was stated. :P

Sorry, that doesn't make sense. "off ON" is a complete oxymoron (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxymoron) and makes no sense in English in relation to flights.

Of course you mean in the sense of English men getting shit-faced over there, why would they ask the airline?? So either way it doesn't work. Also it's fairly cheap compared to over here in England, hence why people go there to get razzed.

Also Malia in Crete is becoming one of the bigger partying places for English people now, whereas ten years ago all anyone talked about was Ibiza

Deepwaters
09-13-2011, 03:22 PM
Sorry, that doesn't make sense. "off ON" is a complete oxymoron (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxymoron) and makes no sense in English in relation to flights.

Not to endorse that explanation of the cost of the flight, which is silly for a different reason, but the above is not correct. I know it sounds odd, but one can for example be riding a bus and tell the driver "I need to get off on First Street." This has the same meaning as "I need to get off AT First Street." It's perfectly good English.

para.izée
09-13-2011, 08:29 PM
Oh dear... FandeAliFee's considerable talent and effort sometimes is wasted ON this tough crowd. Let's call on ST to give it a whirl. ;)

SlipshodDread
09-13-2011, 09:40 PM
Not to endorse that explanation of the cost of the flight, which is silly for a different reason, but the above is not correct. I know it sounds odd, but one can for example be riding a bus and tell the driver "I need to get off on First Street." This has the same meaning as "I need to get off AT First Street." It's perfectly good English.

Perfectly good American English, I would fail my English A-Level if I wrote things like that. Although to be fair, I fail if I use "z" instead of "s" in words such as "Americanisation". They're a tough crowd to please the English examiners

Deepwaters
09-13-2011, 10:21 PM
Perfectly good American English, I would fail my English A-Level if I wrote things like that.

American English doesn't differ from British English in terms of grammar, only spelling and vocabulary. If your instructors are giving you a bad time for using "on" in that context, they're absurd. It's not an oxymoron at all; it's a shortened way of saying "I need to get off the bus on First Street." You're not getting off and on the same thing at the same time; you're getting off one thing and on another.

Although to be fair, I fail if I use "z" instead of "s" in words such as "Americanisation". They're a tough crowd to please the English examiners

Now that, on the other hand, is a real difference between the two dialects.

By the way, the reason why British and American English differ in spelling is because English spelling was not standardized by 1783. Spelling was standardized after American independence, in both countries, but -- independently. And so on this side of the pond we ended up spelling things differently than they did over there. Which means that in the English speaking world, we're the oddballs. Every other English speaking country remained part of the British Empire until after spelling was standardized and so uses British spelling.

Edcognito
09-19-2011, 12:20 PM
I would post a whole long post about the appropriateness of anyone asking about "getting off" on Majorca, I decided not to, and just say "While I was in the Navy, I spent several very enjoyable weeks there during the 1980's..."