PDA

View Full Version : When will things start kicking up?

User22
12-04-2011, 09:27 PM
As most of you may know, Alizée is releasing her new album early next year (most likely March considering her last album released then). Can anyone remember when little easter eggs, updates to her sites, facebook posts of her first single's title, and other things started popping up before her album release for Psych and UEDS? Was it 2, 3, even 4 months before the release? Because we haven't really heard much of what is going on so it has to make one wonder if their will be a delay like their was with UEDS.

Thanks!

Jake04
12-05-2011, 12:15 AM
Hopefully she'll let us know through fb!

Azhiri
12-05-2011, 01:55 AM
I remember seeing those mysterious teasers with the "creepy carnival" music popping up, the promos for UEdS, as early as maybe November 2009. Maybe give or take a month or two. Within the span of a few weeks more of them appeared, people were digging around her website for "clues", etc because if I remember correctly we'd been told that the album would be "very different" from her previous releases but not much more information had been given out. And it did indeed seem all very strange and new. The suspense was painful! Haha. Good times.

Here's a thread from '09 mentioning those early promotional images and later on the teasers: http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5151

Although, there was a lot of talk after about the fact that the album had been poorly promoted and that the promotional build-up (hiding videos in the alizee-officiel source code, etc) was weak and made the actual release of the album anticlimactic. It was all very thrilling for us but I guess it failed to reach the masses the way TV spots a la Psyche did.

Hopefully she doesn't model this album's promotion after UEdS in any way and finds a more effective method of building up hype! She's got plenty of that over here already though, hahaha.

User22
12-05-2011, 03:48 AM
AZHIRIZ! I ruv your responsh and it reary herped! But really, thanks for all the info I needed and hopefully things kick up this December!

Scruffydog777
12-05-2011, 11:21 AM
http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/2131/le2pc.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/507/le2pc.jpg/)

Well I'm sure one thing that will take a big chunk out of her schedule is Les Enfoires. They have 7 shows scheduled in 6 days. I wonder if they send the singers copies of the songs they'll be singing beforehand, so they'll hopefully know them by show time. It's something that even though most of them enjoy doing the show, not to mention it's great publicity, it still must be some what of an ordeal for them, so I'd expect Alizee would want to take about a week off afterwards. So as far as when the album will be finished, I would think late spring would be a more realistic date.

I would think she probably started working on it in earnest in early september after Annily went back to school. So that't about 3 months now, though she has been sort of busy in that time frame too, I would think she's made some good progress, so we should see some type of teaser soon and it will be exactly that..........a teaser.

Azhiri
12-05-2011, 12:45 PM
Hehe, no problem Aaron. :)

I just realized it's due in spring! And it's already December. Yes, hopefully we get SOMETHING soon.

Fish
12-05-2011, 03:57 PM
Mademoiselle Juliette premiered on the radio on 9/27/07 (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2511&highlight=chat+party), which was also the first promotional anything for Psychedelices, which released in early December, a bit over 2 months later. This was also unique circumstances though, since she hadn't done anything music-related in 3 years.

Also, she just got back on twitter ;)

Rev
12-05-2011, 06:48 PM
If she is in LE this year, it would make sense for her to launch the first single around the same time, and then follow it up with the album release. All the people seeing her there will have been reminded how good she is, so some of the hype will be "free." Therefore, a Spring 2012 album release (possibly even early Spring) makes sense. :)

User22
12-05-2011, 06:48 PM
Also, she just got back on twitter ;)

yeah I think she saw this thread and remembered that it was that time of year to start feeding our addictions by building l'suspense! Hahaha.

wasabi622
12-11-2011, 06:45 PM
YES. When are the promotions for the new album starting?! It'll give me a reason to be back here more often! :D

Also, Alizée needs to get on top of this. Like, full on straddle and mount the promotional effort. The promotionals for UEDS were quite frankly abysmal. The only reason I think it excited any of us was purely because it was Alizée. But otherwise.. pretty bad.

(And please.. for the love of puppies and kit kat bars, let this new album be more like Psychedelices/MCE! Anything but UEDS!)

Future Raptor Ace
12-11-2011, 08:04 PM
If she keeps tweeting and building up hype like she currently is then the answer to Aron's question is not long.

User22
12-11-2011, 08:27 PM
If she keeps tweeting and building up hype like she currently is then the answer to Aron's question is not long.

Yeah if she keeps becoming one of the top Tweeters every day in France and Mexico, then she'll get more sales easily!

I wonder if she will soon win back the hearts of :france:

wasabi622
12-11-2011, 08:38 PM
Yes, all that is great and I'm glad she's doing it, but I mean more mainstream media stuff. Twitter is a great tool, but it's not the same has as a simple TV appearance. She can't hope to hit success based on twitter and facebook alone. Her official website also could use some updating. This dark setting is just not appealing to most people. UEDS has set the bar very low, and I'm hoping she'll at least surpass that.

God I really hope the next album is more like Psychedelices/MCE/Gourmandises.. but I heard something about Alizée working with Alain Chamfort, so I somehow doubt it. (Not in a bad way, maybe something even better.)

User22
12-11-2011, 08:45 PM
Yeah she recorded a duet of Alain Chamfort's Clara Veut La Lune with Alain Chamfort himself for his new album. Don't know when its releasing though.

And she'll probably do some interviews and stuff the closer we get to the album release, cause TV ads probably cost too much for her these days...

wasabi622
12-11-2011, 08:53 PM
Yeah she recorded a duet of Alain Chamfort's Clara Veut La Lune with Alain Chamfort himself for his new album. Don't know when its releasing though.

And she'll probably do some interviews and stuff the closer we get to the album release, cause TV ads probably cost too much for her these days...

Ooh, so it was for HIS album, not hers? Okay then, thanks for the clarification brah. :)

Fish
12-12-2011, 03:53 AM
Can't provide the exact source off the top of my head and I'm far too lazy to do the research, but something surrounding the La Academia appearance (perhaps the TV interview or maybe an article) mentioned the new album, and stated that it was "returning to pop" or something along those lines. I wouldn't expect it to be as dark as UEDS.

Much as I love that album, it doesn't have the widest appeal.

User22
12-12-2011, 03:55 AM
Ooh, so it was for HIS album, not hers? Okay then, thanks for the clarification brah. :)

No prob Sabi! But yeah you can look up that song on youtube to get a feel for how it might be when Alizée is the other side of the duet!

Streambeta
12-12-2011, 05:04 AM
Can't wait until we get teased with new information in the coming months. I remember being on the computer 24/7 when Lili's 3rd and 4th Album were soon to come out. Great times!

I do agree with wasabi, about how he would rather have material similar to the
Psychedelices/MCE/Gourmandises era. Mainly MCE and Gourmandises for me. Lili's
fourth album was alright, but nothing special, I enjoyed it of course but I always
find myself going back to listening to songs off her 1st and 2nd album more.

Either way I am ecstatic that she is still happy making songs and giving to her fans.

Junkmale
12-12-2011, 05:13 AM
Is that foamely ecstatic Streambeta :-)

Streambeta
12-12-2011, 11:06 AM
Is that foamely ecstatic Streambeta :-)

Respect, that is what I give you. :)
To answer you question, yes, yes it is. I kept wondering why I picked
the word "ecstatic" while I was writing that. Now I do. :D

Azhiri
12-17-2011, 11:58 PM
I've always wished she would get back in touch with LB and record even one... oh, just ONE song with his music. Her first two albums had such beautifully crafted songs, he's an incredibly gifted composer.