PDA

View Full Version : Alizée Tribute

spysmasher
11-06-2006, 12:21 PM
Since real news about Alizée is pretty scarce these days, we’re kind of hard-pressed to come up with Alizée related discussions (see gripes in several other threads :) ). One option is the “Alizée fantasy” thread, such as the recent ones we’ve had about being stranded on an island with Alizée or Alizée coming to perform in your hometown. Here, for your consideration, is my own contribution to the “Alizée fantasy” genre:

Let’s imagine that Alizée’s third album is a big hit in the U.S.A. Some enterprising record executive then gets the idea to produce a tribute album of other artists performing songs from Alizée’s first two albums. What are some artist/song match-ups that you would like to see (or hear, actually)?

The first one that I thought of was Los Straitjackets performing an instrumental version of J.B.G. Their surf/space/spy vibe would be just right for that song. Actually, I wouldn’t mind hearing an entire album of instrumental versions of Alizée’s songs (sort of like what Chet Atkins did for the Beatles years ago).

My second suggestion would be Debbie Harry singing Moi … Lolita. Debbie has already demonstrated that she can sing in French, and, while she may be well past the age of being a “Lolita,” I would still like to hear her take on this song.

Granted, I would rather listen to Alizée herself singing these songs, but I would be curious to hear how other artists might interpret them, too.

So, what are some artist/song match-ups that you would like to see?

Luc
11-06-2006, 01:01 PM
Nice idea spysmasher ;)
My first thought is Shakira doing J'en ai marre or I'm fed up. I think she is the only one who could do the dance as well as Alizée. Sorry, almost as well :D

Amelie
11-06-2006, 01:03 PM
yeah. my first thought is me and J'en ai marre or Moi...Lolita :D :D :D

spysmasher
11-06-2006, 01:36 PM
yeah. my first thought is me and J'en ai marre or Moi...Lolita :D :D :D

Hey, I would like to hear those, too! :)

RadioactiveMan
11-06-2006, 03:24 PM
I'd like a heavy metal version of C'est Trop Tard by Anthrax, Black Label Society, or Megadeth.

aFrenchie
11-06-2006, 05:27 PM
I'd like a heavy metal version of C'est Trop Tard by Anthrax, Black Label Society, or Megadeth.
Or Ozzy Osbourne singing and dancing J'en ai marre :eek: :D

brad
11-06-2006, 05:31 PM
yeah lol, he could eat the goldfish after the song :)

aFrenchie
11-06-2006, 05:41 PM
lol, I didn't mean to see him in Alizée's outfit :eek: He would be capable of doing it though :D

NANAKI
11-06-2006, 07:05 PM

lol, I didn't mean to see him in Alizée's outfit :eek: He would be capable of doing it though :D

omg that would honestly be the funniest thing I would ever see or hear in my life.

HibyPrime
11-06-2006, 10:37 PM
You know, I was going to make an immitation of ozzy singing J'en ai marre, but I decided there was too much profanity...

spysmasher
11-07-2006, 02:33 AM

I wondered how long it would take for somebody to suggest Megadeth.

Turns out, not very long!

nurvonic
11-07-2006, 03:48 AM

thats the scariest thing ive ever heard:eek:

Amelie
11-07-2006, 12:45 PM
thats the scariest thing ive ever heard:eek:
yeah, i agree :eek: or John Cena and J'en ai marre! :o

nurvonic
11-07-2006, 01:27 PM
how bout marilyn manson singing Amelie in english...lol. i can see him putting his own little satanic spin on it just like he did 'sweet dreams are made of this'