PDA

View Full Version : A Good Year

NANAKI
11-09-2006, 10:42 PM
Comes out tommorow who is going to go see it know I will try cause I just got sick so not going to be going out much unless I feel better, but I am going to try and go see it.

cane17
11-09-2006, 10:51 PM
I will see it,you guys know the reason why.

maareek
11-09-2006, 11:30 PM
I will see it,you guys know the reason why.

Flying spider monkeys?

I'm still making up my mind whether I'll go see it or not.

orange2289
11-10-2006, 02:59 PM
I was just watching tv and a preview or a kinda behind the scense came on, and moi..lolita was playing in the background. That just made my day.

RMJ
11-10-2006, 03:06 PM
Today was premiere in Finland for the movie ! Got ticket for the first show here, which finished about 2 hours ago !

It was so amazing to hear her singing in theater ! :wub: I had to sing along little bit, very low tho ( didn't wanna get kicked out :p ).

Girl in front of me recognized the song, too, and started to whisper to his friend. :) Prolly some others too, didn't pay so much attension (for obvious reasons... I was kinda high of Alizée once again :blink: ).

The movie itself was good, too. Like it quite much. Not brilliant movie but I like dramas like that. And it was somewhat funny, too. Made me laugh couple times. :)

Spartan500
11-10-2006, 03:07 PM
you are so lucky i have seen like five different trailers of the stupid movie on tv and have yet to see the one with moi lolita, though I have seen it on the internet. so rmj they played moi lolita?

RMJ
11-10-2006, 03:29 PM
Was I knot clear enough ? :blink:

Yes, they played it and I sang along !

Spartan500
11-10-2006, 03:30 PM
lol I know i ask stupid questions lol now I'm gonna go see it even if people think I'm wierd lol

Sir Wood
11-10-2006, 10:12 PM
Hi all! I just got back from seeing “A Good Year” and wow, I founded it surprisingly entertaining and a fair bit of comedy to boot! I wouldn’t ruin it for you. But both guys and gals will seriously find something to enjoy in this movie. “Moi…Lolita” is heard fairly close to the beginning as Russell Crowe’s character, Max Skinner, makes his way through the French countryside. It’s a shame that you don’t get the whole “Moi…Lolita” song through that wonderful theatrical Dolby surround sound. It’s the next best thing to being at one of Lili’s concert. :D

Both female actresses are beautiful: French actress Marion Cotillard (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0182839/) plays Max’s French pursuit Fanny Chanel, and Australian actress Abbie Cornish (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0180411/) (who looks very much like a young Nicole Kidman in the movie) plays Max’s American cousin Christie Roberts.

Other than London, the majority of the storyline takes place in the Provence region of France. While watching this film, you’ll find yourself (IMHO) immersed in this wonderful southern French culture and by the time the movie finishes you long to be there, to run through the vineyards and bask in the warmth of the Mediterranean sun. Folks, seriously, don’t miss this movie! C’est magnifique!

(BTW, even though the soundtrack might not include “Moi…Lolita” it maybe worth looking into. I'll have to go check the local stories...) ;)

NANAKI
11-11-2006, 09:55 AM
Saw it loved it they played but then cut it out and didn't finish it so they should have finished it towards the end. I have a great spot where they should have picked it up again but I won't say because of some people haven't seen the movie.

Spartan500
11-11-2006, 12:12 PM
lol the only reason I'm gonna go watch it is because they put moi lolita in the movie

Sir Wood
11-11-2006, 03:26 PM
lol the only reason I'm gonna go watch it is because they put moi lolita in the movie

Well, go on and go see it and let us know what you think! Yes, I must admit that I went for the same reason, and therefore with no high expectation of the movie, but founded it very entertaining. A lot of zingers and witty banter being thrown in the dialogues. :p

CanadianLoonie
11-11-2006, 05:02 PM
Besides Moi Lolita being played, this movie also interests me because it is a rarity to see a trading room full of traders in action in any form of entertainment.

Of course, they just HAD to portray the traders as being stereotypically greedy...as if it was a bad thing...

bt_bird_90
11-12-2006, 01:17 AM
I saw it. .

riva2model64
11-12-2006, 01:29 AM
is it still in movie theaters?
cause I have no seen it yet,
and I waannaaa hear moi... lolita in the cinema!!

RMJ
11-12-2006, 01:57 AM
Considering that it was premiere in most of the world 2 days ago, I think it still is in theaters...

Maybe even in England where the premiere was earlier.

rwd716
11-20-2006, 08:23 PM
I just saw it last Saturday. I wanted to see it sooner, but had "stuff" to do, lol. It really was a good flick. I love the part at the end when Russell starts to talk, then she says "not in English." At that moment, I could really hear how much nicer French sounds. This movie just adds to the desire to see France now! :cool:

NANAKI
11-22-2006, 12:24 AM
I know definately want to go there in two summers have to save all my money.