PDA

View Full Version : New Translator app for Firefox

ALS
04-28-2012, 04:40 PM
Hey guys I found this very good easy to use translator app for Firefox the other day. Best part it down loads to your browser bar and is easily opened with click on the button that sits right in front of the address bar.

ImTranslator.com

You can decide between Promt, Babylon, Google or Microsoft for translation duty. From using it for the last two or tree days, I have found Microsoft is the absolute best of the four choices. :D It absolutely blows away the other three for understandable plain English translations.

Best part it opens up a smaller window so you can easily type a piece like a scan of a magazine article that can't be copy and pasted into the translation window with out having to click between windows.

Ray4AJ
06-24-2012, 10:36 PM
What's the general consensus here regarding translators? I've been using the Microsoft one myself, but I don't like how it refers to Alizée as 'he' and 'it.' Which generally works the best?

Jake04
06-25-2012, 04:58 AM
What's the general consensus here regarding translators? I've been using the Microsoft one myself, but I don't like how it refers to Alizée as 'he' and 'it.' Which generally works the best?

I use google translator. It's not perfect. But, I can understand it about 85% of the time.

Taxi Driver Aaron
07-29-2012, 11:29 PM
I use web page translation ... it offers immediate translations in 50+ languages. you can either translate an entire page, highlighted text, or type in something... you can do just about anything. Problem is, it is troublesome with https sites because secure sites won't allow it to put the site in a frame with the translated text, which is what it does when it's translating an entire site.