PDA

View Full Version : Alizée and Doom

riva2model64
11-11-2006, 03:50 PM
one day I was like hey I like Alizée and I like Doom

why not listen to Alizée music while playing Doom
ok not the greatest idea but whatever.
Doom 3 vid low fps because my 4-year old system can't handle a modern shooter, wmp, and real-time recording all at once

videos aren't that great, they are around 37mb in size just dl them if you need to find something to do or something like that

Ali-Doom 1 (http://www.black-banners.com/riva2model64/random_doom.mpg)

Ali-doom 3 (http://www.black-banners.com/riva2model64/xel_acc!-doom3.mpg)

(thanks Moe for the space)

jaco
11-11-2006, 03:58 PM
What would be really cool is if someone made a video of Alizée kicking some zombie ass, kind of like this video of Bill Gates:

<embed style="width:400px; height:326px;" id="VideoPlayback" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=-1690609421579845295&hl=en" flashvars=""> </embed>

I love the "don't interrupt me" bit :) (@ 2:02)

jeroh
11-11-2006, 04:21 PM
nice..............

RMJ
11-11-2006, 04:50 PM
one day I was like hey I like Alizée and I like Doom

ok not the greatest idea but whatever.
Doom 3 vid low fps because my 4-year old system can't handle a modern shooter, wmp, and real-time recording all at once

videos aren't that great, they are around 37mb in size just dl them if you need to find something to do or something like that

Ali-Doom 1 (http://www.black-banners.com/riva2model64/random_doom.mpg)

Ali-doom 3 (http://www.black-banners.com/riva2model64/xel_acc!-doom3.mpg)

(thanks Moe for the space)
The real question ,what would stop you listening to her while playing doom ?

Just turn musics off of that game and listen to her. :blink:

Spartan500
11-11-2006, 05:17 PM
thats what i do when i play games although i usually just listen to my itunes but when i go to the arcade to play some initial d i listen to my slvr and i have almost every song alizee has ever sung on there

HibyPrime
11-11-2006, 06:01 PM

OMG the biggest idea since sliced bread! Who ever would have though of listening to music while playing games.

Cooney
11-11-2006, 06:08 PM
Ideas like this are especially germaine when one is LANning against folks who do not share your musical taste. Putting some cheerful sounding female pop music on while playing a hardcore blood-and-guts shooter is an excellent way to throw off people around you. I once LANned some quake while blasting Britney Spears - it was quite successful. Alizée would be far superior, I'm sure!

RadioactiveMan
11-11-2006, 10:22 PM
I almost always play Alizée while playing Socom especially in clan matches because I seem to do better but I play other music when I play RPGs on my computer so that I can "Rock and Role."

zemasterzzz
11-11-2006, 11:26 PM
I'd love to play FPSs while listening to Alizee....however, due to the need to hear all the expolsions and stuff to play well I can't :( . I just can't tell where the bullets are flying. Besides I think Alizee and killing terrorists don't really mix.

However, I do like listening to music while playing RTS where Alizee is a much better alternative to the default Warcraft stuff. And best of all it doesn't subtract from my playing lvl.

A good idea would be to play an FPS without listening, Record your personal ownage then dub alizee on top, cause of course she was still playing in your mind while you called in artillery strikes and took those headshots.

HibyPrime
11-11-2006, 11:31 PM
I'd love to play FPSs while listening to Alizee....however, due to the need to hear all the expolsions and stuff to play well I can't :( . I just can't tell where the bullets are flying. Besides I think Alizee and killing terrorists don't really mix.

However, I do like listening to music while playing RTS where Alizee is a much better alternative to the default Warcraft stuff. And best of all it doesn't subtract from my playing lvl.

A good idea would be to play an FPS without listening, Record your personal ownage then dub alizee on top, cause of course she was still playing in your mind while you called in artillery strikes and took those headshots.

Erm, most games allow you to adjust sound levels for sound effects and music separately. Turn music off, turn sound effects up.

riva2model64
11-12-2006, 12:16 AM
the reason I didn't play music while playing a game like doom 3 is that it takes away from the elements of the game-

when I'm blasting hi-energy Ali music I can't hear the subtle moans and groans and ambient scary music. sound is a big part of the game and to get the full effect you need to play it as such. what's more when I hear Ali music I get this energy and things just aren'ty scary. when the music is running the enemies are no longer demons from heck, they become merely things I click on with the mouse. like radio said, game performance seems to be better with the music running, maybe because of theenergy it gives you, but it just isn't the same.

Twitch
11-12-2006, 12:39 AM
Back in the day when they still made optical drives with the CD controls on them (play stop prev next) you could just turn off the in game music and play whatever CD you wanted without running any extra software in the background, assuming you had a second drive for the music CD. And the sound levels could be adjusted easily usually inside the game itself, the controls also allowed you for the games that played their music off of the CD to choose whatever song you wanted, and not have to listen to the default one(I know you can still change the track in mosts games under settings but some had no option, and pushing a button is faster then opening up the music menu). But changing the music completely changes the gaming experience, for better or worse depending on the music you choose.

DJ_Greg
11-12-2006, 12:53 AM
Heh...those videos were awesome! :D

bt_bird_90
11-12-2006, 02:05 AM
You'll be finding Alizée in my game soundtracks soon enough my kiddies, just be patient.:p

newalizeefan
11-12-2006, 02:34 AM
i play CS and WoW... sometimes you can get so pissed when dying in a game but when im listening to alizee it soothes me very much and i dont even get mad.

HibyPrime
11-12-2006, 02:43 AM
i play CS and WoW... sometimes you can get so pissed when dying in a game but when im listening to alizee it soothes me very much and i dont even get mad.

You get pissed from dying in WoW? I never did..

Dying in CS is a pain in the ass. True.

Senshi87
11-12-2006, 08:57 AM
just finished rounds of Dota with Alizée in the background worked just fine, won all games except for one :)

DJ_Greg
11-12-2006, 01:48 PM

The graveyards are too far away...

HibyPrime
11-12-2006, 03:33 PM

Meh, L2P is a code to swear by in that game.

If you died, learn why you died and don't do it again.

Adi King
11-12-2006, 04:29 PM
Well i play all games with music usualy i have Alizée in background playing. :D

zemasterzzz
11-12-2006, 04:41 PM

lol I hated when some rogue spawn camped me and there was only 1 graveyard on the map like 10 mins away.

HibyPrime
11-12-2006, 05:37 PM
lol I hated when some rogue spawn camped me and there was only 1 graveyard on the map like 10 mins away.

That's when you goto the bathroom or for a walk or something.

If hes going to camp, let him sit there by himself.

DJ_Greg
11-13-2006, 04:30 AM

Bleh. You die because something killed you. It's not something to agonize over.

bt_bird_90
11-13-2006, 05:16 AM

If you hadn't ever picked up the game in the first place, you would not have died...? :confused:

LiliFan788
11-13-2006, 04:48 PM
Since we're on the topic of video games, a piece of music from an awesome Super Nintendo game called "ActRaiser" reminds me of "Mon Maquis." Click on "Pyramid & Marahna" in the MP3 section. All of the music in this game is great!
http://www.flyingomelette.com/greatgames/recroomactraiser.html

Sir Wood
11-14-2006, 02:48 AM
I've always had Alizée playing in the background when playing games. Now my CD player is acting funny because I always had it on repeat.

I've been playing WoW since June/July this year, still a n00b but then again I don't really get to play that much because of work, school and this forum.
Lvl 45 - NE Druid
Lvl 25 - H Priest
Lvl 14 - U Warlock
In hindsight, I should have made an NE Huntress named "Alizee" but it's now taken.

(I should have created a thread called "WoW Meeting Stone.")

Once in a while I'll go back to CS:S and DC Final. Great stress reliever.

LiliFan788
11-14-2006, 01:45 PM
When I first got "Mes Courants Electriques" I listened to all of the songs on my iPod while I was playing Kingdom Hearts II.

neoteny
11-14-2006, 01:56 PM
you know the music you hear at the start of Doom3 is performed by tool. at least i think it is for the little black box. it might be the same for the PC.

nate714
11-26-2006, 04:57 PM
Well, I didn't listen to Alizee while playing Half-Life 2, but I did fraps playing my favorite level for what I call style points (fancy explosions and headshots) and added alizee music to make it that much cooler.

Heres a link to my video
http://mcpwnage.com/hl2alizee.wmv

nate714
11-26-2006, 05:36 PM

pve or pvp server?

LiliFan788
11-26-2006, 05:51 PM
Great videos! For any owners of Doom 3 that don't already know this, there's a mod out for Doom 3 that allows you to play the first 9 levels of the original Doom in the Doom 3 engine. You need the 1.3 Patch installed to get the mod to work. You can download the mod here: http://www.doomwadstation.com/doom3/maps/cdoom/

LiliFan788
11-26-2006, 05:59 PM
I also think it would be great if there was a video with Alizee's music playing to an NES Mega Man game.

HibyPrime
11-27-2006, 01:03 AM
pve or pvp server?

PvP (10 char limit)

Well, I didn't listen to Alizee while playing Half-Life 2, but I did fraps playing my favorite level for what I call style points (fancy explosions and headshots) and added alizee music to make it that much cooler.

Heres a link to my video
http://mcpwnage.com/hl2alizee.wmv

Nice video, I JUST played through that area last night, how odd that I would see a video of it the next day..

nate714
11-27-2006, 01:50 AM
haha yeah, that is my favorite part of HL2, I might play the parking garage level in HL2 Episode 1 sometime soon and fraps that, I just love busting zombies with a shotgun and random objects in the room.

btw are you still planning on giving away that wow account?

Cooney
11-27-2006, 02:35 AM
Haha, VVV+Ravenholm for the win. Nice choice :-)

HibyPrime
11-27-2006, 02:52 AM
haha yeah, that is my favorite part of HL2, I might play the parking garage level in HL2 Episode 1 sometime soon and fraps that, I just love busting zombies with a shotgun and random objects in the room.

That's the best part? Damn, I was hoping it got a lot better than that, ravenholm was just like an annoying maze. The waterboat part was fun, and I'm at the part where you start driving the car around. BTW, how the hell do you flip the car over? I tried every button on my keyboard and nothing.. The woman just keeps yelling at me to flip it over, I tried to blow it over with a grenade, but that didn't exactly work.

btw are you still planning on giving away that wow account?

You answered the question wrong :/

Meh, it's still sitting around doing nothing. Give me a good reason to give it to you and it's yours :D

bt_bird_90
11-27-2006, 04:22 AM
BTW, how the hell do you flip the car over?
try the Zero Point Energy Field Manipulator?
GravityGun

Cooney
11-27-2006, 05:07 AM
It's all about the grav-gun with the car. Pop it on the upright side until it flips, jump in, and get the heck outta Dodge! I love the car levels :-)

HibyPrime
11-27-2006, 07:49 AM
It's all about the grav-gun with the car. Pop it on the upright side until it flips, jump in, and get the heck outta Dodge! I love the car levels :-)

try the Zero Point Energy Field Manipulator?
GravityGun

OMG the gravity gun.. I'm an idiot - I was expecting it to be a button-press thing, like the way halo does it

Oh, and to keep this on topic: Blowing the hell out of zombies and slicing alien heads off mind-controlled humans while listening to veni vedi vici is a very nice way to experience the game like no one else does.

nate714
11-27-2006, 10:06 AM
That's the best part? Damn, I was hoping it got a lot better than that, ravenholm was just like an annoying maze. The waterboat part was fun, and I'm at the part where you start driving the car around. BTW, how the hell do you flip the car over? I tried every button on my keyboard and nothing.. The woman just keeps yelling at me to flip it over, I tried to blow it over with a grenade, but that didn't exactly work.

You answered the question wrong :/

Meh, it's still sitting around doing nothing. Give me a good reason to give it to you and it's yours :D

the game gets better, and alot less confusing. I just like ravenholm for some reason. its really fun when you get that little sand buggy and the bug bait after that. you still get to raid a combine prison with an army of bugs, thats really exciting.

during the last couple levels your gravity gun gets insanely amped from a powerful electro-magnetic charge(or something like that). Its pretty cool, really fun, but [to me] its just not the same as blasting your way through an army of zombies.... but thats a matter of personal preference.

Btw you and Alizée still rocks my socks. Need webspace?

aFrenchie
11-27-2006, 10:34 AM
If you loved the "blue" grav gun, that you can get in the citadel only, here's the way to get it in all other levels:
1. Go to Console mode.
2. Type "sv_cheats 1" (without quotes)
3. Type "map d3_citadel_04" (still without quotes). The citadel map will then load.
4. Type "changelevel d1_trainstation_02" (forget the quotes).
5. Then, open console again and type "give weapon_physcannon" (lose the quotes).

4. restarts the game but you can change the level name of course. If remember well, you can also reload a savegame instead of launching a map (map command in 4)

Lots of fun since you'll be able to "grab" even cars, ennemies and friends, etc. It may make the game slow down a bit though...

HibyPrime
11-27-2006, 10:47 AM
the game gets better, and alot less confusing. I just like ravenholm for some reason. its really fun when you get that little sand buggy and the bug bait after that. you still get to raid a combine prison with an army of bugs, thats really exciting.

during the last couple levels your gravity gun gets insanely amped from a powerful electro-magnetic charge(or something like that). Its pretty cool, really fun, but [to me] its just not the same as blasting your way through an army of zombies.... but thats a matter of personal preference.

Btw you and Alizée still rocks my socks. Need webspace?

Check your pms, and I have more webspace than I need atm. Btw, you still got the answer wrong. The answer is simply "Alizée" and nothing else.

zemasterzzz
11-27-2006, 04:20 PM
btw what programs do u use to record while playing a game of w/e?

nate714
11-27-2006, 05:53 PM
Check your pms, and I have more webspace than I need atm. Btw, you still got the answer wrong. The answer is simply "Alizée" and nothing else.

I read the PM in my email before I checked these forums, I sent you a reply to the email address you gave, sorry if the 2nd offer of website seems redundant lol, I wrote that before I read this. Anyway Thx I really appreciate it.

----------------------------------------

I use fraps, you can buy it at fraps.com or download a free demo from that site.

If you're interested, I have a non-legit version of fraps on my website, reply or PM me and I can PM you the URL to download it from my site.

O Rly
11-28-2006, 01:02 PM

Fraps. http://www.fraps.com/

If you're interested, I have a non-legit version of fraps...

Me too...
>.>
<.<

neoteny
11-28-2006, 01:37 PM
i play halo2 online listening to right said fred. uncanny...

helps me concentrate...while im being served on a platter and being verbally abused by a 13 year old.

riva2model64
11-28-2006, 02:59 PM
Fraps. http://www.fraps.com/

Me too...
>.>
<.<

I have the legal, unregistered version of fraps, hence the fragments every 30 sec

neoteny
11-28-2006, 03:13 PM
I have the legal, unregistered version of fraps, hence the fragments every 30 sec

you dont play starcraft do you...

zemasterzzz
11-28-2006, 04:09 PM
lol that games so old school

nate714
11-28-2006, 05:26 PM

was that just a random question thrown out there or does it relate to the quote? im confused :(

riva2model64
11-28-2006, 08:32 PM
I as well admit to confusion

atra201
11-28-2006, 11:36 PM
How about Alizée and Command and Conquer Generals from EA games?

bt_bird_90
11-28-2006, 11:52 PM
I wrote a small game today, I feel so proud, I told my mom I'm going to print out the code and put it on the fridge :D

maareek
11-29-2006, 03:18 AM

Best...game...ever. :)

neoteny
11-29-2006, 09:41 AM
was that just a random question thrown out there or does it relate to the quote? im confused :(

the random question was meant to confuse you.

I as well admit to confusion

and you

so you listen to tool dont you...

lol

HibyPrime
11-29-2006, 10:48 AM

Lol.. uhh, wait.. I was supposed to say..

I'm confused!

neoteny
11-29-2006, 01:26 PM
OMG the biggest idea since sliced bread! Who ever would have though of listening to music while playing games.

so you like sliced bread...

maareek
11-29-2006, 11:42 PM

I reach out to embrace the random. ;)

zemasterzzz
11-30-2006, 07:01 PM
Iunno is it just me or does alizee with guns or zombies or nukes really seem like a matching set of things?

CFHollister
11-30-2006, 07:47 PM
Iunno is it just me or does alizee with guns or zombies or nukes really seem like a matching set of things?

It's just you :)

zemasterzzz
11-30-2006, 09:21 PM
whoops I meant they don't seem like a matching set of things >.<

I mean u got alizee singing to electronic upbeat melodical music and then u have the sound of bullets flying and things dying.

HibyPrime
11-30-2006, 11:22 PM

I mean u got alizee singing to electronic upbeat melodical music and then u have the sound of bullets flying and things dying.

It's like playing beethoven's 5th while beating the shit out of old ladies in GTA.

It just makes it seem less cruel.

nate714
12-01-2006, 12:24 AM

I don't listen to alizee while playing shooters, I just made the video as an experiment. The 2 songs I used were in my opinion, the least pop-sounding, It would probably seem even weirder if I used lolita hehe.

I actually usually listen to Alizee while I read novels, it relaxes me and keeps me alert at the same time (so I don't forget what I just read, hehe).

nate714
12-01-2006, 12:28 AM
It's like playing beethoven's 5th while beating the shit out of old ladies in GTA.

It just makes it seem less cruel.

GTA, isn't that cruel to begin with if youthink about it :) . some people would say we're a desensitized generation but I just think thats its a matter of mentally separating game worlds from real world, some people see running over an old lady, I see running over a well drawn and animated graphic art lol.

HibyPrime
12-01-2006, 08:35 PM
GTA, isn't that cruel to begin with if youthink about it :) . some people would say we're a desensitized generation but I just think thats its a matter of mentally separating game worlds from real world, some people see running over an old lady, I see running over a well drawn and animated graphic art lol.

People are going to end up going on massive killing sprees for all time, so it's just a matter of them going insane from blasting aliens in doom, or going insane from the complete stupidity and annoyance of RayMan or Spyro the dragon

You decide

lobowolf14
12-02-2006, 12:50 AM
Yea, I played Alizee a few times toward the end of playing HL2, but generally did not favor it. I think is was a stress reliever though. But I definitely played a lot of Alizee during the time period that I discovered Alizee, so often when I think of HL2 and sometimes even F.E.A.R I always think of Alizee.

nate714
12-02-2006, 12:51 AM
lol, I don't think games make people insane, I think insane people are easily encouraged by anything that isn't normal day to day :)

nate714
12-02-2006, 12:52 AM
btw Spryo the dragon was awsome, just not quite as cool as Crash the Bandicoot.

LiliFan788
04-15-2008, 05:43 PM
I know the last post on this topic was in December '06, but I discovered something that may be common knowledge to most people, but I'll tell you anyway. If you insert any audio CD while playing Quake 1, the music on the CD will play. This even works on the shareware episode.

jung_adore_ALIZEE
04-18-2008, 07:12 PM
i thought everyone listened to Alizee while playing hare core violent games

mibir
04-18-2008, 07:19 PM
I know the last post on this topic was in December '06, but I discovered something that may be common knowledge to most people, but I'll tell you anyway. If you insert any audio CD while playing Quake 1, the music on the CD will play. This even works on the shareware episode.

Super old thread, and the same happens when loading a game in Counter-Strike if there is a music cd in the tray.