PDA

View Full Version : New Members: Introduce yourself

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

brad
11-11-2006, 04:55 PM
I've had a couple of people request an "introduce yourself" thread for new members. We should have made this a while back, but better late than never.

I made this website to increase Alizée's exposure in North America, and create a place where new fans can easily find and watch some decent quality videos with English translations. I want to welcome everyone to the website, even if you aren't from North America feel free to say hello :)

New fans should also checkout these other websites:

Alizée in Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alizee) (an overview of Alizée and her career)

Alizée Fanpage (http://www.alizee-fanpage.com/page.php?language=en) (official news, fanclub, lyrics, etc)

Alizée Forum (http://www.alizee-forum.com/index.php) (very popular international forum)

jaco
11-11-2006, 06:00 PM
Well, I'm not exactly new, but since I was one of the people who asked Brad to start this thread I thought I'd kick this off :)

So, I'm Jacoplane (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jacoplane)and I'm an administrator on Wikipedia. I am one of the main authors of the Alizée article on Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliz%C3%A9e). I currently live in Amsterdam (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amsterdam), although I lived lived most of my life in Genève, Switzerland (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geneva). If you notice me online at strange hours that is most likely due to the fact that I work nights as a hotel desk clerk to pay for my law degree so my biological clock is usually totally messed up. In case you're wondering, I'm specializing in information law, so once the RIAA copyright nazis decide to descend on this site, you might want to ask me for advice :) Of course, I'm convinced that although this site has some copyrighted content, in the end it adds greatly to the promotion of Alizée in markets she's not so established (USA) and so increases revenue for the RIAA musicbusiness middlemen dickheads in the end, so if ever they dare serve us with a DMCA notice (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DMCA) I'm convinced we could take this to court and kick their asses :)

HibyPrime
11-11-2006, 06:02 PM
Hi everyone, my name is Hiby and I'm in A.A.

(10 people speaking) Hi Hiby

Like that genious A.A. eh?

a.

Cooney
11-11-2006, 06:27 PM
Hmm, I've only been here like three weeks, and feels like a lifetime of loving Alizée!

I'm an actor from Washington state, in the USA. Because one can't make a living as an actor around here, I work for the federal government at Sea-Tac airport. I also work graveyard shift, and have some very strange hours as a result.

Hmm, other things about me...
-I'm a big computer nerd.
-I speak some French, enough to say simple stuff, but I'm far from fluent.
-I discovered Alizée on the net, on a video site.

-Oooh, and I just figured out how to write little musical notes! ♪♪♪♪

HibyPrime
11-11-2006, 06:52 PM
-Oooh, and I just figured out how to write little musical notes! ????

€£¢?§¶•ªº––?œå??ç?´®†??©?ˆ¬¬?ˆ¨?®†®ˆø?¬¬?µ˜*

All I have to do is hold down alt and press all the letters on my keyboard. No alt-codes on a mac :mad:

‘æ“…÷??µ?ˆº–ª–???߃ßø宧¢??®ß?•ª?ªøˆ™?£…?˜?

I made it do an apple logo once, but I forgot which key it was

 found it! In the french keyboard layout it is alt+1 (not the number pad). Does it show up on windows machines?



Ange
11-11-2006, 07:44 PM
Bonjour everybody. I am Ange and I have been a fan of Alizee ever since she released her second album. That was so long ago and like many of you I am waiting for a new album to be released.

Luc
11-12-2006, 08:21 AM
Hello everybody,
I'm not really new but since this thread has been opened I'll introduce myself briefly. So I'm Luc and I live in The Netherlands. I work as a process engineer.
I have been fan of Alizée since her debut single Moi Lolita, which is still my favorite song. I like everything about Alizée, her music, voice, personality and her looks of course :)
Only just this year I registered at the forums, don't now why it took me so long :confused: You won't read that many posts by me because I'm more of a lurker than a poster. But anyway, at this forum I have already posted more than at the other forums I'm member of :)
So my compliments to Brad, keep the good work going !

Azereus
11-12-2006, 04:24 PM
I've been here for a pretty short period of time (not sure the exact amount of days). I learned of Alizee's existance in late september throught one of my friends, so then decided to see who she was and came upon this site.

Geech
11-12-2006, 08:11 PM
Hi Everyone, My name is Geech. I been here for about a month or so but just decided to register. It's not often when you can find someone that is both cute and hot at the same time and pull it off the way Alizee does. Looking at pictures of her just lets me know that god has created a masterpiece for all of mankind to look at.

brad
11-12-2006, 08:14 PM
welcome to the website Geech, glad you decided to register

neoteny
11-12-2006, 08:44 PM
nice to meet you

Amelie
11-13-2006, 06:56 AM
Hi Everyone, My name is Geech. I been here for about a month or so but just decided to register. It's not often when you can find someone that is both cute and hot at the same time and pull it off the way Alizee does. Looking at pictures of her just lets me know that god has created a masterpiece for all of mankind to look at.

welcome to the site! ;) stay here ;)

Edcognito
11-13-2006, 09:27 AM
Hello all! I've been lurking on the site for about a month and a half - just checking things out. :D

I live in upstate NY (about 4.5 hours from NYC) near Ithaca, NY. I work as a Security Officer for a hospital (not contract security - Private Security).

I discovered Alizee accidentally when some friends of mine brought their 14 yr. old daughter into work one afternoon, and (to take her mind off the tetnus shot she was soon to get) i asked her what she was listening to on her I-pod. I heard "A Countre Courant" and was floored by the voice! I do NOT normally like Euro-pop (or any pop for that matter) but i LOVED that voice. So after a couple of days when i couldn't stop thinking about that voice and that song - I went to Wikkipedia... and the rest is history....

Thanks to Admin Brad - Nice site here.

Edcognito

brad
11-13-2006, 09:34 AM
I discovered Alizee accidentally when some friends of mine brought their 14 yr. old daughter into work one afternoon, and (to take her mind off the tetnus shot she was soon to get) i asked her what she was listening to on her I-pod. I heard "A Countre Courant" and was floored by the voice!

That is pretty cool :)

Ben
11-13-2006, 09:34 AM
Wow, how refreshing to hear from someone brought here by her voice. A hearty welcome to you, my fellow New York State-er.

Amelie
11-13-2006, 09:52 AM
yeah, her voice is charming :o welcome to the site, your story about A contre-courant is very nice :o

RMJ
11-13-2006, 02:27 PM
I discovered Alizee accidentally when some friends of mine brought their 14 yr. old daughter into work one afternoon, and (to take her mind off the tetnus shot she was soon to get) i asked her what she was listening to on her I-pod. I heard "A Countre Courant" and was floored by the voice! I do NOT normally like Euro-pop (or any pop for that matter) but i LOVED that voice. So after a couple of days when i couldn't stop thinking about that voice and that song - I went to Wikkipedia... and the rest is history....

ACC never fails. :) She's absolutely amazing in it ! Her voice is so hypnotic ! :wub:

Welcome. :)

Amelie II
11-16-2006, 10:20 AM
Hey people! I'm from Lithuania where french music is not popular but..well i'm here. first i saw Mylene Farmer concert "Mylenium tour" and i became a super duper Mylenes fan, then i saw that Mylene is Alizee's producer (with Laurent Boutonnat) and i remembered, that my father has her cd! i listened it three or two years ago and maybe half year ago i thought that i have to listen it one more time, then i downloaded Alizee's concert "En concert" and then i became Alizee's huge fan too :D
I see all of you are good with new members, so i hope that you will be good to me :) thank You very much :).

aFrenchie
11-16-2006, 10:29 AM
I see all of you are good with new members, so i hope that you will be good to me :) thank You very much :).
Why have you created a new account Amelie?? :confused: :confused:
(you're even losing you 394 posts counter)

Amelie
11-16-2006, 10:34 AM
Why have you created a new account Amelie?? :confused: :confused:
(you're even losing you 394 posts counter)

no Frenchie, it's just a joke :D :D :D

aFrenchie
11-16-2006, 10:37 AM
no Frenchie, it's just a joke :D :D :D
Ok you got me. Now I'm gonna create a new account too: bFrenchie :D

atra201
11-16-2006, 10:42 AM

ok mine would be Alizée201 :D

Amelie
11-16-2006, 10:45 AM
ok mine would be Alizée201 :D

no, it would be atra202 :D :D :D

atra201
11-16-2006, 10:53 AM
no, it would be atra202 :D :D :D

that would be so obvious, let's add to the Mystery. :D :D
besides 201 is not just a number, it has a meaning.

Amelie
11-16-2006, 10:57 AM

it's not interesting guys, it's my original and amazing idea :D :D :D just kidding. you can create new jokes, becouse, i'm sure-i will :D

btw, atra, 201, what is that meaning?

atra201
11-16-2006, 11:04 AM
btw, atra, 201, what is that meaning?

oh no can't gotta keep the mystery goin on. :D :D :D :D

Amelie
11-16-2006, 11:09 AM
oh no can't gotta keep the mystery goin on. :D :D :D :D

no, i'm your friend, you must say it to me!!! :p

atra201
11-16-2006, 11:35 AM
no, i'm your friend, you must say it to me!!! :p

oh i'm very intouch with my feminine side and my inner child so i 'll tell l8r. :D :D :D

refugiophp
11-19-2006, 05:29 PM
Hi verybody! I'm Juan Alberto from Argentina, 21 years old . I like so much Alizée, her voice and her dance.
She will come back soon, i'm sure :p :)

Thx!

brad
11-19-2006, 05:35 PM
Hi verybody! I'm Juan Alberto from Argentina, 21 years old . I like so much Alizée, her voice and her dance.
She will come back soon, i'm sure :p :)

Thx!

welcome refugiophp! glad you found the website. :)

madraven
11-19-2006, 09:11 PM
Hey all! I've been around this site for a little while I'm really not much of a poster, more of a silent observer.

Little about me: I'm a university student currently taking computer science. Have always wanted to travel to France, even before learning of Alizée;), I'm quite interested with WW2 history. I discovered Alizée when going through my friend's iTunes collection. I enjoyed what I heard and I've been hooked ever since.

Geech
11-19-2006, 10:32 PM
Welcome Madraven.

Amelie
11-20-2006, 09:42 AM
Hey all! I've been around this site for a little while I'm really not much of a poster, more of a silent observer.

Little about me: I'm a university student currently taking computer science. Have always wanted to travel to France, even before learning of Alizée;), I'm quite interested with WW2 history. I discovered Alizée when going through my friend's iTunes collection. I enjoyed what I heard and I've been hooked ever since.

welcome to the site, nice to meet you ^^

neoteny
11-20-2006, 09:44 AM
WIPE YOUR PAWS and beware, cuz this site's really really boring............................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...............................................not .

Amelie
11-20-2006, 09:45 AM
WIPE YOUR PAWS and beware, cuz this site's really really boring............................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...............................................not .

neoteny, so you should try to make it better then, if you don't like it, don't you think?

neoteny
11-20-2006, 09:46 AM
what art thou talking about Amelie?

Amelie
11-20-2006, 09:51 AM
what art thou talking about Amelie?

if this forum is boring to you...:cool:

neoteny
11-20-2006, 09:53 AM
Amelie.........lol.....i love you....

Amelie
11-20-2006, 10:03 AM
Amelie.........lol.....i love you....

yeah, of course you do... :D

Luc
11-20-2006, 02:41 PM
Hello madraven, welcome to the forum :)

loveherfromusa
11-21-2006, 10:05 AM
I have been on the alizee-forum.com forum for 3.5 years. I recognize some user names on this forum. Just wanted to see what others were saying. I'm from Portland, Oregon and have many CDs, DVDs, videos, and 1000s of pictures of Alizée.

Luc
11-21-2006, 12:31 PM
Hello loveherfromusa, welcome to this great forum !

Amelie
11-21-2006, 01:33 PM
hey loveherfromusa! nice to meet you :) how are you? ^^

AlphaDevil2
11-22-2006, 06:12 AM
Some of you will know me from Alizee-Forum.com, but for people that don't here is a quick intro.

*Stands up* I'm AlphaDevil2 and I'm an Alizée lover/fanatic. I have been addicted to her sweet taste for well over a year now. I just can't stop being allured by her music and her cuteness. Have several Alizée projects on the go at the minute. I live in the south of England..

Often come here but I'm more of a lurker when I am here

Amelie
11-22-2006, 06:23 AM
Some of you will know me from Alizee-Forum.com, but for people that don't here is a quick intro.

*Stands up* I'm AlphaDevil2 and I'm an Alizée lover/fanatic. I have been addicted to her sweet taste for well over a year now. I just can't stop being allured by her music and her cuteness. Have several Alizée projects on the go at the minute. I live in the south of England..

Often come here but I'm more of a lurker when I am here

hey Alpha, nice to meet you :)

AA-1
11-22-2006, 06:41 AM
Hello everyone!
I must to say what my history which I created before is not my history!:D ;)
I sing a lot, participated in famous show in Russia "Fabrika Zvezd".
Here (http://larina-official.nm.ru/) is my site.:)
My name is Kseniya Larina, born 3.10.1985.
I hesitated to admit it before, but now understood that cannot to continue this.:D

Amelie
11-22-2006, 06:42 AM
Hello everyone!
I hesitated to admit it before, but now understood that cannot to continue this.:D
we are a bit similar, i sing a lot too!

aFrenchie
11-22-2006, 07:29 AM
Hello everyone!
AA-1, ahem, Kseniya is back! :)

You're not in Paris anymore? :confused: :o

Argh your "photo" button doesn't work? :o :o

maareek
11-22-2006, 12:36 PM
AA-1, ahem, Kseniya is back! :)

You're not in Paris anymore? :confused: :o

Argh your "photo" button doesn't work? :o :o

The photo button works, click it and then in the left hand menu click one of the sets of arrows to take you to a gallery.

I think the point she was trying to get across is that she never was in Paris. Or, more accurately I believe, she's a performer and nothing she had said up to this point was actually true.

aFrenchie
11-22-2006, 12:53 PM
The photo button works, click it and then in the left hand menu click one of the sets of arrows to take you to a gallery.
Must be my browser, nothing happens for me...

I think the point she was trying to get across is that she never was in Paris.
Ah ok you're right, I must have read her post too quickly. Kseniya, you should create the first Russia member in that thread: http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthread.php?t=512

(and remove the point you made for France of course)

Luc
11-22-2006, 01:07 PM
Thanks for your introduction AlphaDevil2, welcome to this forum !

And welcome back AA-1 ! So we have two celebrities here: Kseniya and Jessica :) And one future celebrity, who will become a famous singer too ..... :D

The photo-button at Kseniya's site works for me, the way mareek described.

neoteny
11-23-2006, 06:44 PM
hello to all freshfish. dont go crazy with the posting...

...as if

...sorry

atra201
11-24-2006, 04:32 PM
Hello everyone!

glad you could share that with us
btw is your site in russian and i could not see nor translate anything.

Emilon
11-24-2006, 10:48 PM
Hello everyone! I am a new member. I have been a fan of Alizee ever since I saw her perform at the 2002 World Music Awards. I have all of her CDs. Anxiously awaiting for the new one.

brad
11-24-2006, 10:53 PM
welcome to the website Emilon :)

atra201
11-24-2006, 10:54 PM
welcome here Emilon

Emilon
11-24-2006, 10:57 PM
Thank you.

loveherfromusa
11-25-2006, 01:33 AM
My main wish is for something new to come from Alizée so we could have more than speculations to discuss.

Luc
11-25-2006, 04:35 AM
Hello Emilon, welcome to this forum !

rwd716
11-25-2006, 04:45 AM
My main wish is for something new to come from Alizée so we could have more than speculations to discuss.

Lol, you and 10 Million other people! :p

Amelie
11-25-2006, 12:57 PM
welcome dear Emilon :)

Geech
11-25-2006, 05:11 PM
Welcome to the site Emilon.

CFHollister
11-28-2006, 11:19 PM
So, I've been a member for the better part of a week and just found this thread. I've only recently discovered Alizee, and I've been blown away ever since. I'm not one for celebrities, or even pop music, but Alizee is certainly someone special (I think everyone here can agree with that). My screen name is a reference to the British comedy series Red Dwarf and is short for Captain Frank Hollister. As my name suggests, I'm really much more of an anglophile, but I have had my bouts with francophilism from time to time (hopefully aFrenchie and others can tolerate an anglophile among us;) ). So yeah, just sayin' hi.

Amelie
11-29-2006, 04:57 AM
So, I've been a member for the better part of a week and just found this thread. I've only recently discovered Alizee, and I've been blown away ever since. I'm not one for celebrities, or even pop music, but Alizee is certainly someone special (I think everyone here can agree with that). My screen name is a reference to the British comedy series Red Dwarf and is short for Captain Frank Hollister. As my name suggests, I'm really much more of an anglophile, but I have had my bouts with francophilism from time to time (hopefully aFrenchie and others can tolerate an anglophile among us;) ). So yeah, just sayin' hi.

HI :D
hello CFHollister, welcome to the site, have fun, Alizee is special to all of us, so you are in the right place, really ;)

best wishes from...Amelie :)

Luc
11-29-2006, 12:50 PM
Hi CFHollister, thanks for your introduction and welcome to this site !
Amelie is right, if you are a true fan of Alizée this forum is the place to be :)

aFrenchie
11-29-2006, 12:57 PM
Welcome CFHollister!
(hopefully aFrenchie and others can tolerate an anglophile among us;) ).
Eh? I should say that I hope that all others will tolerate me as a francophile here :p

Amelie
11-29-2006, 01:19 PM
Welcome CFHollister!

Eh? I should say that I hope that all others will tolerate me as a francophile here :p

we respect you very much :D

Luc
11-29-2006, 03:03 PM
we respect you very much :D
Sure, who else could make the translations for us :p Just kidding aFrenchie, we respect you anyway :D

loveherfromusa
12-03-2006, 06:28 AM
Feels strange being called a "Junior Member" when I have been on the other forum for so long. I'll sure I'll get to know all the obsessed and infatuated worshipers here in time.

atra201
12-03-2006, 09:45 AM
Feels strange being called a "Junior Member" when I have been on the other forum for so long. I'll sure I'll get to know all the obsessed and infatuated worshipers here in time.

hey who are you calling infatuated? :p

DJ_Greg
12-03-2006, 11:47 AM

You can change that (I think it's called a "user title") in the User CP...under Edit Profile.

General Patton
12-03-2006, 11:55 PM
Doesn't it go to senior member when you get 100 posts? I don't think it upgrades by how many months you have been on the site but by how many posts you have.
I think it goes like this:
Junior member: 1-49
Member: 50-99
Senior Member: 100 plus

rwd716
12-04-2006, 03:00 AM
I wonder if those numbers will need to be changed for "inflation" as time goes on, lol.

NANAKI
12-04-2006, 09:29 AM
Doesn't it go to senior member when you get 100 posts? I don't think it upgrades by how many months you have been on the site but by how many posts you have.
I think it goes like this:
Junior member: 1-49
Member: 50-99
Senior Member: 100 plus

yep that is right patton

Twitch
12-05-2006, 10:54 AM
I don't think that system is still in place since you are allowed to edit your user title to whatever you want. If it upgraded automatically by posts mine would have changed.

CFHollister
12-05-2006, 11:49 AM
Actually, I was just "promoted" to "Member" at about 30 posts. If you're still "Junior Member" at 400+ posts, then I'm thinking there must be something ele to it. Brad?

spysmasher
12-05-2006, 12:14 PM
I think it might be a matter of one's posting rate (posts/day) rather than mere quantity of posts. Is that it? I was automatically "promoted" from Junior Member to Member and then Senior Member even though I haven't been a member as long as, or posted as many times as, some who are still "Junior Member."

Afterthought: Maybe that's not right, after all. Twitch, I see that you have a higher posting rate than I do, so that kind of pulls the rug out from under my theory.:blink:

Twitch
12-05-2006, 12:33 PM
Maybe I just messed up the auto promoting now that I think about it, I was going to change it when I signed up, but thought it was best to leave as is for now. Maybe because I went to edit it, but cancelled it, the site just left it at junior member, either way it never bothered me anyway. If it did I would have changed it.

HibyPrime
12-05-2006, 12:52 PM
You actually read these things?

:P

brad
12-05-2006, 01:09 PM
yes .. Twitch can go here:

http://moi-alizee.us/forums/profile.php?do=editprofile

and click 'Reset' under custom user title, if you want to have it update automatically. He probably changed his custom title to 'Junior Member' by accident.

I let people change their title to whatever they want, because a lot of people end up just padding their post counts to get some 'user title' .. this way you can just make it whatever you want :)

Twitch
12-05-2006, 01:36 PM
I figured it was something I did, usually is. But I never really cared about it enough to bother with it.

SupaKrupa
12-09-2006, 08:53 AM
Didn't see this thread :S

Hello all. Thanks for having me.

nurvonic
12-09-2006, 09:31 AM
welcome to the site supakrupa!

when i see you name, i say it like 'supertrooper'

TurinSZ
12-10-2006, 11:53 PM
hi everyone iam new here i first found out about alizee through youtube and i was amazed when i saw her j'en ai marre performens.this is one of the best alizee sites .I play guitar and soon iam going to start college

SupaKrupa
12-10-2006, 11:54 PM
welcome to the site supakrupa!

when i see you name, i say it like 'supertrooper'

Hehe yep. That's how it's said. Just with a K instead of T

Edit: ........ How rude of me. Hello TurinSZ!

brad
12-11-2006, 12:04 AM
hi everyone iam new here i first found out about alizee through youtube and i was amazed when i saw her j'en ai marre performens.this is one of the best alizee sites .I play guitar and soon iam going to start college

welcome TurinSZ! glad you found the website :)

nurvonic
12-11-2006, 12:42 AM
welcome to our humble little site where everybody gets along ;)

rwd716
12-11-2006, 12:54 AM
Sometimes you wanna go where everybody knows your name.....

Luc
12-12-2006, 02:43 PM
Hello TurinSZ, welcome to this forum ;)

garçoncanadien
12-12-2006, 02:47 PM
bienvenue chez nous TurinSZ!!

Edcognito
12-12-2006, 08:34 PM
Welcome CFHollister!

Dude - i'm new here - and i think i've said it before, but i REALLY appreciate the translations! Francophile? Anglophile? WHO CARES?! :eek:

ALIZEE-a-phile! FOR THE WIN! :wub:

E:p

aFrenchie
12-13-2006, 09:00 AM
Welcome CFHollister!

Eh? I should say that I hope that all others will tolerate me as a francophile here :pFrancophile? Anglophile?
Oops, I should have said francophone. Not exactly the same ;)

rwd716
12-13-2006, 12:48 PM
I'm a francophile :D

Alizeelove43
12-16-2006, 08:42 AM
hi in istanbul

nurvonic
12-16-2006, 08:47 AM
hey there to you in istanbul :)

iolaus_uk
12-16-2006, 08:35 PM
hi alizéelove43 welcome and enjoy
:) :)

JCC
12-16-2006, 08:57 PM
Hello from Southern California, USA! Just moved here from hawaii about 2 1/2 yrs ago...this is my city: http://surfcityusa.com/

Love the site!..and Glad to be a part of the "ALIZEE Experience".

bt_bird_90
12-16-2006, 09:35 PM
ahaa, a Hunington resident, nice, how's that storm going for you? I'm freezing my ass off!

Edcognito
12-16-2006, 09:40 PM
Oops, I should have said francophone. Not exactly the same ;)

Yeah - and i should have caught it too! :) I think i was listening to L'important C'est D'aimer - and, ummm, well, i wasn't paying attention to reading and writing...... I'm sure you know how it is!

D:o

JCC
12-17-2006, 02:11 AM
ahaa, a Hunington resident, nice, how's that storm going for you? I'm freezing my ass off!

ehh, its ok. Mid 50s, low 60s..high wind/Rain....this only happens a few times a year i noticed. But if it means that the other 350+ days a year are Sun and Surf!..i'll take it :D

kilroy
12-20-2006, 11:48 AM
JC from SC checking in. My daughter and I just recently discovered Alizée :wub: & in the search for more info I've passed by the forums a few times. Thanks for the site brad & everyone for all the info about Alizée!

Luc
12-20-2006, 12:58 PM
Hello kilroy, welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy it :)

iolaus_uk
12-20-2006, 01:11 PM
hi kilroy hope you enjoy this great forum.

aFrenchie
12-20-2006, 01:29 PM
JC from SC checking in.
SC? :confused:

Edit: South Carolina probably?

TurinSZ
12-20-2006, 02:01 PM
Hi kilroy welcome to the forum.

(afrenchie I think its south carolina too.)

brad
12-20-2006, 02:17 PM
JC from SC checking in. My daughter and I just recently discovered Alizée :wub: & in the search for more info I've passed by the forums a few times. Thanks for the site brad & everyone for all the info about Alizée!

welcome to the website kilroy :)

glad you found us.

kilroy
12-20-2006, 02:45 PM
SC? :confused:

Edit: South Carolina probably?
Correct, South Carolina & thanks for the warm welcome. Nice to be here!

CFHollister
12-20-2006, 03:32 PM
Welcome kilroy. Will your daughter also be joining, or will she be posting through your login?

nurvonic
12-20-2006, 05:35 PM
welcome to the site kilroy:)

kilroy
12-21-2006, 05:45 PM
Welcome kilroy. Will your daughter also be joining, or will she be posting through your login?If she wants, I'll assist her with setting up her account but for the time being, she'll peruse by my side :)

CFHollister
12-21-2006, 05:50 PM
If she wants, I'll assist her with setting up her account but for the time being, she'll peruse by my side :)

Cool, hopefully we will be able to tell your "voices" apart.

cold_name
12-22-2006, 05:14 AM
Hi everybody! I'm new member :) I live in NY and I'm glad to meet you!

Bobwik
12-22-2006, 10:47 PM
Hi everybody, I'm new.. sort of, been hiding in the corner for a while but finally registered :)

brad
12-22-2006, 10:50 PM
Hi everybody! I'm new member :) I live in NY and I'm glad to meet you!

Hi everybody, I'm new.. sort of, been hiding in the corner for a while but finally registered :)

welcome to the website :)

im glad you guys found us, and Bobwik ... we knew you were there the whole time ;)

neoteny
12-23-2006, 02:07 AM
hi guys...im new here too and id like to say that im finally glad to step out from beyond the borders of being shy and express my fullest and sincerest gratitude and to demostrate my complete and utmost devotion to the beautiful planet that is Venus also know as the beautiful flower Alizee of planet earth.

HibyPrime
12-23-2006, 02:10 AM
hi guys...im new here too and id like to say that im finally glad to step out from beyond the borders of being shy and express my fullest and sincerest gratitude and to demostrate my complete and utmost devotion to the beautiful planet that is Venus also know as the beautiful flower Aizee of planet earth.

I don't know man..

I got to say, I think I like Alizée better than Aizee

neoteny
12-23-2006, 02:11 AM
oh shit....i better edit that and fast.

neoteny
12-23-2006, 05:38 AM
good day Mr Bond. i must ask that you put away your PPK and wait until further oders from Q presents its self. hi.

neoteny
12-23-2006, 06:44 AM
ugh...i guess it never occurred to me how hard it is to get someone to talk. they're a fan, and thats all that matters...whether they post...or not. am i right? yes im right. i think im right.

Luc
12-28-2006, 10:24 AM
Hi cold_name and Bobwik, welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy it :)

neoteny
12-28-2006, 10:26 AM
they're too coy for introductions.

TurinSZ
12-28-2006, 11:28 AM
welcome to the forum :)

OGRE
01-02-2007, 09:49 PM
Hi all. Been following Alizée since March 2006. I discovered her from a YouTube hyperlink in a completely unrelated forum, and was hooked the moment I saw her performance.

I live in Virginia where I perform tech analysis as an Electrical Engineer. Given my profession, I'm quite fond of A Contre Courant.

CFHollister
01-02-2007, 09:57 PM
Welcome OGRE!

TurinSZ
01-02-2007, 10:11 PM
Welcome to the site ORGRE.

lefty12357
01-02-2007, 10:57 PM
Hello everybody! I discovered Alizée a few months back on a video site and was floored by her performance. I love the sound of her voice and of course she's quite attractive as well.

I do CNC programming (CAD/CAM) for a living, but my passion is music. I've played guitar and keyboards in bands over the years, and I write and record music in my home studio.

bt_bird_90
01-02-2007, 11:57 PM
Hello, welcomes to both of you, I hope you enjoy your time here.

and OGRE is from Virginia, eh? Is that what people call the middle region of West Virginia or something?

CFHollister
01-03-2007, 12:08 AM
Welcome lefty12357!

OGRE
01-03-2007, 12:37 AM
and OGRE is from Virginia, eh? Is that what people call the middle region of West Virginia or something?

There used to be just one Virginia. In 1861, Virginia seceded from the U.S. Those living in the Northwest part of the state decided they would lend their allegiance to the U.S., broke off from Virginia, and were accepted into the union as "West Virginia". When the American Civil War ended in 1865, and Virginia was assimilated back into the U.S., West Virginia remained an autonomous state.

So when I say I'm from Virginia, I'm talking about "the" ORIGINAL Virginia....or what was left after the Civil War.

neoteny
01-03-2007, 06:20 PM
gettin' close to that 1,000 mark on how many members we have and i counted (yes i counted) on the 'members list' that only about 67 members interface. give or take a few. 67 members out of a 1000. hmph...i guess its not that bad.

neoteny
01-03-2007, 06:21 PM
oh yeah, welcome lefty and shrek to the site

Luc
01-04-2007, 03:00 PM
Welcome to the forum lefty12357 :) I hope you enjoy it !

BlancZulu
01-04-2007, 04:32 PM
Hey-Hey to all the lurkers out there on this site from the biggest observer (Doesn't that sound a little less like being a stalker?:cool: ) ever:rolleyes: .
I'm swoting industrial sciences at Potchefstroom in South Africa and has been a fan -totally understated- for 26 months now.

p.s BRAD CAN'T YOU GET RID OF 'THE PER DAY POST' COUNTER? 0.16 :eek: PER DAY? THAT CANT BE ... :rolleyes: OKAY MAYBE ... I'M A OBSERVER AFTER ALL;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

dman8
01-05-2007, 11:50 PM
Even though i joined in july of 2006, i feel like i should re-introduce myself seeing as i havn't posted in like 5-6 months. Well, first of all, i discovered Alizee in May of 2006 mainly by accident. I was casually browsing through a website when i stumbled across a video showcasing a young French singer. I have been hooked ever since. I have now spent hundreds of dollars gathering all sorts of Alizee products from all over the world (Takes forever to ship) and i am determined to remain a loyal fan of hers no matter what she decides to do. She has influenced my life in countless ways and i feel like i have known about her for years even though it has only been about 7 months. I listen to her at least once a day and the play counts on my iPod for her songs are well into the hundreds for each one! After going to college (should be getting acceptance letter from Georgia Tech any day now) i plan to study abroad in Paris, and that is basically what i am looking forward to right now. Anyway, sorry for not posting in so long and i hope to be a much more active member in 2007!

P.S. I do speak a fair amount of French (Taking French V in high school right now) so i may be able to help a little in translating

CFHollister
01-06-2007, 12:17 AM
Welcom back, dman8! Why gone for so long?

dman8
01-06-2007, 12:21 AM
Ya, i know that it is weird that i have not posted in forever, i have been really busy (senior year of high school) but now i have a lot more time since i am done with college essays yay!

DJ_Greg
01-06-2007, 12:56 AM
Welcome back, man!

OGRE
01-06-2007, 01:06 AM
Welcome back dman. Since you are a collector, care to share any pointers on obtaining Alizée products?

bt_bird_90
01-06-2007, 01:52 AM
Welcome back! Good luck getting into Georgia Tech! (not trying to sound mean or sarcastic, I really hope you get accepted)

nurvonic
01-06-2007, 03:39 AM
wow welcome back dman!

Cooney
01-07-2007, 08:02 PM
Welcome back dman! Glad to see another die-hard collector is here. I've got a six foot bookcase next to me displaying my collection, and I'm at the point I need to get a second one, as I've run out of room, and still have a bunch of items coming in the mail!

JCC
01-07-2007, 08:57 PM
Even though i joined in july of 2006, i feel like i should re-introduce myself seeing as i havn't posted in like 5-6 months. Well, first of all, i discovered Alizee in May of 2006 mainly by accident. I was casually browsing through a website when i stumbled across a video showcasing a young French singer. I have been hooked ever since. I have now spent hundreds of dollars gathering all sorts of Alizee products from all over the world (Takes forever to ship) and i am determined to remain a loyal fan of hers no matter what she decides to do. She has influenced my life in countless ways and i feel like i have known about her for years even though it has only been about 7 months. I listen to her at least once a day and the play counts on my iPod for her songs are well into the hundreds for each one! After going to college (should be getting acceptance letter from Georgia Tech any day now) i plan to study abroad in Paris, and that is basically what i am looking forward to right now. Anyway, sorry for not posting in so long and i hope to be a much more active member in 2007!

P.S. I do speak a fair amount of French (Taking French V in high school right now) so i may be able to help a little in translating

Welcome back..! So what kinda Alizee stuff have u collected so far in your 6+ months away? The extent of my 'collection'...both CDs, the concert DVD, and a couple of recently purchased Razor Blade Necklaces.

aliquis_venum
01-08-2007, 07:56 AM
Hi everyone,;) I'm NAP, a new fan of Alizee. I accidentally discovered her music this year 2007 just 5 days ago. I couldn't believe my ears when I first hear her music and my eyes when I saw her dance in her song J'en Ai Marre. I was in a trance,:eek: I could hardly believe what I am seeing. How could I have missed Alizee and her songs all through this past 6 years.:blink: I have seen a lot of music videos and admire a lot of foreign music artists. But nothing can TOP this, ALIZEE is one of a kind, a rare find of beauty and talent combined. For short, NO ONE CAN BE COMPARED TO ALIZEE. For me, she is the HELEN OF TROY of the modern age and a GODDESS in her own right. All her songs is so beautiful to hear, the beat is so lively and yet harmonious, it is not loud but move your soul to the rhythm of the music. Her dance is an art like ballet, sexy but not provocative, malicious or dirty. Her clothing is awesome, very unique. Alizee, where have you been all my life?:blink: Now, I have a lot of catching up to do. I am just in her first album. I don't speak French but I am going to learn to speak it just to be able to understand and appreciate her more. I hope I'm not yet too late or way behind to get to know her better. MORE POWER TO ALIZEE!!!!:p

Cooney
01-08-2007, 08:45 AM
Now there's some enthusiasm! Looks like the Alizée is blowing pretty hard upon you, my friend ::Grins:: Welcome, welcome - I think you are our first member from the Phillipines... very cool. There's a great deal to discover about our fée Clochette, and this is a great place to start.

aliquis_venum
01-08-2007, 08:57 AM
What is Clochette???:confused:

garçoncanadien
01-08-2007, 09:12 AM
little bell. Fée Clochette = tinkerbell, the cartoon character. Alizée is a big fan of this cartoon character.

And welcome to our place!! I hope you will have a good time with us.

madraven
01-08-2007, 10:59 AM
good day Mr Bond. i must ask that you put away your PPK and wait until further oders from Q presents its self. hi.

i haven't been reading/writing many posts recently, but was this perhaps aimed to me? if not, pardon my assumption.

nurvonic
01-08-2007, 03:25 PM
hey aliquis venum. welcome to the site!!

Luc
01-08-2007, 04:21 PM
Hello aliquis_venum, welcome to the forum, I hope you will enjoy it :)
Too bad you only discovered Alizée this year, but better late than never :rolleyes: :D

c-dawg777
01-08-2007, 04:38 PM
i haven't been reading/writing many posts recently, but was this perhaps aimed to me? if not, pardon my assumption.

No, There is actually a guy from the U.K. on here who's screen name is MrBond.

brad
01-08-2007, 04:39 PM
you probably should watch the Fun TV interview if you haven't already. it will answer a lot of questions :)

here is the link: http://moi-alizee.us/play/?v=4

madraven
01-08-2007, 06:13 PM
No, There is actually a guy from the U.K. on here who's screen name is MrBond.

ah, well that makes more sense then.:p

JCC
01-08-2007, 09:01 PM
Hi everyone,;) I'm NAP, a new fan of Alizee. I accidentally discovered her music this year 2007 just 5 days ago. I couldn't believe my ears when I first hear her music and my eyes when I saw her dance in her song J'en Ai Marre. I was in a trance,:eek: I could hardly believe what I am seeing. How could I have missed Alizee and her songs all through this past 6 years.:blink: I have seen a lot of music videos and admire a lot of foreign music artists. But nothing can TOP this, ALIZEE is one of a kind, a rare find of beauty and talent combined. For short, NO ONE CAN BE COMPARED TO ALIZEE. For me, she is the HELEN OF TROY of the modern age and a GODDESS in her own right. All her songs is so beautiful to hear, the beat is so lively and yet harmonious, it is not loud but move your soul to the rhythm of the music. Her dance is an art like ballet, sexy but not provocative, malicious or dirty. Her clothing is awesome, very unique. Alizee, where have you been all my life?:blink: Now, I have a lot of catching up to do. I am just in her first album. I don't speak French but I am going to learn to speak it just to be able to understand and appreciate her more. I hope I'm not yet too late or way behind to get to know her better. MORE POWER TO ALIZEE!!!!:p

Welcome to the forum! I've been to the philippines before :D I believe its called Boracay!..Its a beautiful beach town. Went there w/some friends. Had a blast! Run through the videos in this website, and you'll be further entralled w/Alizee's Universe!

CFHollister
01-08-2007, 09:31 PM
Welcome aliquis_venum! You've come to the right place. Make sure to watch everything in the Alizée Videos section, particularly the interviews. Save Stars a Domicile 2003 for when you can devote the time and attention to it ;)

aditya8617
01-09-2007, 12:20 AM
nice thread. With the new album coming up it is going to get busier in here!

Oh_Snap!
01-10-2007, 03:50 PM
Hey everyone. I hang out on AF alot and decided to register here finally. As a side note, I love this site, very nice layout, great videos, seeminly great community.

/Bookmarks forums for future reference :P

Luc
01-10-2007, 04:08 PM
Hey Oh_Snap!, welcome to the forum :)

CFHollister
01-10-2007, 04:11 PM
Welcome, Oh_Snap!! I'm glad you've joined us over here at Alizee America. I'll probably get around to joining you over at AF eventually, but it just seems so huge over there (though I've been told that there about the same number of active members at each site at any given time [shrug]).

brad
01-10-2007, 05:42 PM
Hey everyone. I hang out on AF alot and decided to register here finally. As a side note, I love this site, very nice layout, great videos, seeminly great community.

/Bookmarks forums for future reference :P

thanks snap .. glad you decided to register :D

Canuck
01-10-2007, 05:51 PM
hello i just registered 2day i've been a fan of alizee since 04 when i spent my summer with my cousins from france. i immediately took a liking to the song J'en ai marre and from the cd cover was astonished by lili's beauty. It wasn't till christmas that i recieved her cds from them and totally became alizee crazy. im a member of A.A. but i always visited this site and liked it so thats why i joined. =)

Canuck
01-10-2007, 06:01 PM
oh plus the high quality vids of alizee!

aFrenchie
01-10-2007, 06:28 PM
Welcome to the site Oh_Snap and Canuck.

Canuck, your quote should be "Je te verrai encore !" ou "Je te reverrai !"

Geech
01-10-2007, 07:26 PM
Welcome Oh_Snap, welcome Canuck.

garçoncanadien
01-10-2007, 07:46 PM
welcome welcome Oh_Snap, and Canuck!

Canuck
01-10-2007, 07:53 PM
Welcome to the site Oh_Snap and Canuck.

Canuck, your quote should be "Je te verrai encore !" ou "Je te reverrai !"

Merci beacoup:)

Sir Wood
01-10-2007, 10:10 PM
Welcome Oh_Snap and Canuck!

Geez, I need to check this post more often, I'm sure I missed welcoming alot of new members. Those I missed, here's a belated "Welcome!" :o

aFrenchie
01-11-2007, 07:59 AM
Merci beacoup:)
beaucoup ;)

Hehe, you merged "Je te verrai encore !" and "Je te reverrai !", giving "je te reverrai encore" :). It's grammatically correct though.
Last thing, if you want to sound 100% French, insert a space character before the exclamation mark ("!") like I did above.

CFHollister
01-11-2007, 08:04 AM
Welcome Canuck! I'm glad you decided to join our site.

Wraith
01-18-2007, 08:41 PM
Hi everyone,

I just recently found this site a few days ago searching for something interesting and found this site watch a few video and loved all the song I've listened to so far

SupaKrupa
01-19-2007, 02:13 AM
Welcome to our little website of harmony :D

c-dawg777
01-19-2007, 03:53 AM
Welcome All!:)

atra201
01-19-2007, 04:46 AM
welcome everybody and happy surfing

Luc
01-19-2007, 01:43 PM
Hello Wraith, welcome to the forum ;)

TurinSZ
01-19-2007, 02:03 PM
welcome everybody

nurvonic
01-19-2007, 02:19 PM
welcome new guys!!

Pakos
01-21-2007, 09:33 AM
Hey guys, some of you may know me from af.com :) I'm fan of alizee almost a year now, so im not new..but i felt like introducing here :D.

nurvonic
01-21-2007, 10:10 AM
hey welcome to the site Pakos. glad you decided to register here :)

Luc
01-21-2007, 10:16 AM
Hey Pakos, sure I know you from af.com. I hope you will like Alizée America Forum too :)

Sir Wood
01-21-2007, 01:19 PM
Hey guys, some of you may know me from af.com :) I'm fan of alizee almost a year now, so im not new..but i felt like introducing here :D.
Welcome Pakos... I see you're out of Greece. I was stationed in Crete, Greece at Iraklion for 1.5-years. I so miss the tourist season there. :p

Terry
01-21-2007, 03:55 PM
Hi all,

My name is Terry. I am an oldster at 54 and live in Appleton Wisconsin. That is 30 miles south of Green Bay or 100 miles north of Milwaukee. Actually, I spent some time going to school in the mid 70's in Germany and had to tell everyone it was near Chicago. Then they would make a machine gun imitation..
I was introduced to Alizee from youtube and this site and have since purchased both albums, but not the dvd. It is funny that some of us have just started liking this artist and she has been around for a number of years and gone for some time too. I also am waiting for the new album.

Friendly place here Brad....

Terry

Luc
01-21-2007, 04:09 PM
Hi Terry, thank you for your introduction and welcome at the forum ! Like you many fans discovered Alizée through internet and it seems that although she is taking a break now she is more popular than ever.

I hope you enjoy the forum and I would recommend to buy the DVD too. It's amazing !

Le Parrain
01-22-2007, 01:29 AM
Hi all,

My name is Terry. I am an oldster at 54 and live in Appleton Wisconsin. That is 30 miles south of Green Bay or 100 miles north of Milwaukee. Actually, I spent some time going to school in the mid 70's in Germany and had to tell everyone it was near Chicago. Then they would make a machine gun imitation..
I was introduced to Alizee from youtube and this site and have since purchased both albums, but not the dvd. It is funny that some of us have just started liking this artist and she has been around for a number of years and gone for some time too. I also am waiting for the new album.

Friendly place here Brad....

Terry

Welcome Terry and other new fans.

yea i think youtube brought in a lot of new Alizee fans just as it did me some 6-8 months ago. actually it was WoW, then the curiosity of finding the history of the female NE dance led me to youtube, which then led me to Alizee, which then led me to "OMG I LOVE ALIZEE". but yea dont worry a lot of people found out about her during her delay (which will be ending soon btw). but until then there should be plenty of Alizee content to keep you busy and occupied while waiting for her comeback.

Zack -Alizee Lover-
01-22-2007, 01:56 AM
hi every1 :) glad to be part of this great family.
I heard about alizee around 1 month ago, a dj was playing some videos from her and i was like holy sh!t..... Who is that lovely girl???
then he said the most beatiful name ever : Alizee. :p

Le Parrain
01-22-2007, 02:31 AM
hi every1 :) glad to be part of this great family.
I heard about alizee around 1 month ago, a dj was playing some videos from her and i was like holy sh!t..... Who is that lovely girl???
then he said the most beatiful name ever : Alizee. :p

dang, its cool to know DJ's play alizee's songs. i wish i would hear Alizee's songs at a party or whatever.

Sir Wood
01-22-2007, 09:51 AM
A lot of us are recent fans (within 1 year). Where would we be if it wasn't for YouTube or WoW to lead us to Lili? Welcome Terry!

atra201
01-22-2007, 11:01 AM
a new arrivals? wow
welcome terry and happy surfing

Blade
01-25-2007, 02:48 PM
Hello my name is Blade

And I'm an Alizee'oholic

It's been about a year now that I've been addicted to this fine French wine.

During that period of time I have used various Alizee pics in my avatar on Corvette and Las Vegas forums.... Her pictures always draw attention from other members... needless to say I have introduced many people to her.... I receive PMs on a regular basis from people wanting to know who that is in my avatar.

Glad I finally found this forum.

Look forward to sharing lots of Alizee info and other goodies with you.

http://images.corvetteforum.com/images/smilies/seeya.gif

nurvonic
01-25-2007, 03:04 PM
hey blade welcome to the site!

glad you found this forum :)

TurinSZ
01-25-2007, 03:22 PM
Welcome blade!:)

guldebrett
01-25-2007, 04:32 PM
Hello my name is Blade and I'm an Alizéeholic.
Welcome to this great site, Blade. Moi-Alizee.us was started and has been maintained by another truly dedicated fan named Brad, back in June, 2006. Of course, Brad has assigned other moderators such a aFrenchie, Moe, and a couple of others but he is the administrator. You'll find that the moderators, and everyone else for that matter, are very knowledgeable about Alizee and will be of great help to you.

Blade, I'm sure that you'll find your time on this fabulous website as full of fun and excitement as most of us do; it's a great place to chat, meet other fans, and hear the latest Alizee gossip. A number of us even got together and attended an Alizee virtual concert the other day, and it's was a lot of fun! You can read all about it here:
http://www.moi-alizee.us/forums/showthread.php?t=1250

There's no half-steppin' on this website... it's "Damm the torpedoes, full speed ahead!" Alizee, all the way!

Blade, thanks for choosing us to be your new friends. I'm sure that everyone here joins me in saying, "Welcome BLADE! We're happy that you're home."

Guldebrett

bt_bird_90
01-25-2007, 06:00 PM
Welcome to this great site, Blade. Moi-Alizee.us was started and has been maintained by another truly dedicated fan named Brad, back in June, 2006. Of course, Brad has assigned other moderators such a aFrenchie, Moe, and a couple of others but he is the administrator. You'll find that the moderators, and everyone else for that matter, are very knowledgeable about Alizee and will be of great help to you.

Blade, I'm sure that you'll find your time on this fabulous website as full of fun and excitement as most of us do; it's a great place to chat, meet other fans, and hear the latest Alizee gossip. A number of us even got together and attended an Alizee virtual concert the other day, and it's was a lot of fun! You can read all about it here:
http://www.moi-alizee.us/forums/showthread.php?t=1250

There's no half-steppin' on this website... it's "Damm the torpedoes, full speed ahead!" Alizee, all the way!

Blade, thanks for choosing us to be your new friends. I'm sure that everyone here joins me in saying, "Welcome BLADE! We're happy that you're home."

Guldebrett

Darn, now my "Welcome to the site" seems kind of weak.

Welcome to the site!

Luc
01-25-2007, 06:06 PM
Hello Blade, thanks for your introduction and welcome to the forum !

CFHollister
01-25-2007, 09:32 PM
Hello my name is Blade

And I'm an Alizee'oholic

A most appropriate intro Blade, seeing that this site is "AA" :D

Blade
01-26-2007, 09:48 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome gang.

Hey RCS: Sorry about using the same avatar as yours.... you got seniority... so I called Alizee and she said I could use this one.

:wub:

RadioactiveMan
01-26-2007, 11:19 AM
Nice sig, Blade. :p
Whoever made it must be really, really good! ;)

Blade
01-26-2007, 01:36 PM
Nice sig, Blade. :p
Whoever made it must be really, really good! ;)

Yeah he's a real work of art.

http://moi-alizee.us/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

Zack -Alizee Lover-
01-26-2007, 09:08 PM
Hello blade :) Good to have you here!

Geech
01-26-2007, 11:28 PM
Welcome to the site Blade.

Peeler19
01-26-2007, 11:52 PM
Like many here, I am a relatively new fan, having discovered Alizee about a month ago. Needless to say, I was instantly and completely smitten and have been trying to learn more about her ever since. This site has been instrumental in my education about Alizee, and from what I have observed thus far, is also quite a friendly forum with an intimate feel, as opposed to other (bigger) Alizee communities on the web. Thanks to brad and everyone else who makes this site such a great place to visit.

CFHollister
01-27-2007, 03:06 AM
You've certainly come to the right place Peeler :)

Zack -Alizee Lover-
01-27-2007, 03:58 AM
Great to have u here aswell peeler
I hope you stay with us for a long time :)

nurvonic
01-27-2007, 01:22 PM
Like many here, I am a relatively new fan, having discovered Alizee about a month ago. Needless to say, I was instantly and completely smitten and have been trying to learn more about her ever since. This site has been instrumental in my education about Alizee, and from what I have observed thus far, is also quite a friendly forum with an intimate feel, as opposed to other (bigger) Alizee communities on the web. Thanks to brad and everyone else who makes this site such a great place to visit.

welcome to the site :)

Luc
01-27-2007, 01:39 PM
Hello Peeler19, welcome to the forum ! You're absolutely right, this is a very friendly forum. I'm also member of the bigger Alizée communities and there is nothing wrong with them, I like them too, but still this is the forum that I visit most. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do :)

TurinSZ
01-27-2007, 01:44 PM
Welcome peeler19:)..

aditya8617
01-27-2007, 05:10 PM
Welcome Peeler19!

atra201
01-28-2007, 02:32 PM
welcome Peeler19 and happy surfing

lowbeam
01-29-2007, 07:10 AM
Hello,

I am a new member of the forum. If you will indulge me, I believe this is the only place to express my feeling with others who will understand.

A few months ago I was viewing videos on Youtube and stumbled upon Alizee performing J'en Ai Marre. I was stunned - Who was this vision? More videos, reading her bio, watching interviews. Then I had the chance to watch her live DVD. Her eyes, voice, the way she moves and interacts with the audience. She is wonderful!

I am too realistic to say I love someone I really don't know, but I can truthfully say I adore her.

This reality, this life I had not been aware, has unfolded before me these last few months. A talented, lovely child who grows into the beautiful, captivating young woman on the DVD.

Recently, I have seen pictures of her with her baby, and even if she decides never to perform or release a CD again (how I hope she does), if she decides to spend the rest of her life loving her husband and children, all I can do is thank her for this treasure of joy that she has given me. I wish her every happiness she can dream.

lowbeam

Blade
01-29-2007, 08:42 AM
Welcome peeler19 & lowbeem .... see you two have been bitten by the Alizee Bug too.

Hey, I'm no longer the newbie around here! :rolleyes:

Luc
01-29-2007, 02:49 PM
Hello lowbeam, welcome to the forum ! You wrote a very nice introduction and I think you are a true fan ;) Like you I will always be her fan, even if she retires from music industry.
But don't worry, she wants to come back and she already recorded new songs. I suppose you haven't read all news topics at the Alizée-forums. In that case I think this post by Snatcher42 is a nice starting point.
http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showpost.php?p=22478&postcount=1

nurvonic
01-29-2007, 03:04 PM
wow nice intro. welcome to the site lowbeam:)

lefty12357
01-29-2007, 06:08 PM
Great introduction, lowbeam! Everything you said expresses just the way I feel, too.

aditya8617
01-29-2007, 09:38 PM
Welcome Lowbeam. I like what you said and many of us here have the same opinion as you have.

Zack -Alizee Lover-
01-29-2007, 10:44 PM
Hello Lowbeam
Totally agree with u :)
Best wishes for u and Alizee(of course)

JayP
01-29-2007, 11:30 PM
Big hello from England people. I'm probably not as big of a fan as you guys/girls after reading some of the stuff on here, but i guess it can't hurt to join something every now and again, especially to hear new things about Alizée. Anyway still watching and reading things about her but can some clear something up which I just saw, was there anything between Alizée and Faudel? may not be the place to ask due to the topic but didn't really see the need to start a whole new topic for such a quick question. Thanks guys and Hello again ;)

aditya8617
01-30-2007, 01:26 AM
Hey JayP!. You are probably the first member from England. Welcome.

Blade
01-30-2007, 07:44 AM
Hey JayP!. You are probably the first member from England. Welcome.
Yeah and it also puts you closer to Alizee than us Yanks. :(

Welcome.:)

Luc
01-30-2007, 08:53 AM
Hello JayP, welcome to the forum !

aditya8617
01-30-2007, 10:46 AM
Yeah and it also puts you closer to Alizee than us Yanks. :(

Welcome.:)

Well aFrenchie and French would be closer still, if you are forgetting.

lowbeam
01-30-2007, 11:31 AM
Thank you all for your greetings. And thank you Luc for the link, I know I am a new fan and haven't been waiting as long for a new CD but it's still great to have that hope of seeing something in the near future.

I am not one to gush over anyone but Alizee is special (I know that's obvious to all of you). Thanks for a place to share my affection. Now, I've got to figure out signatures, etc. - forums are new to me.

Amelie
01-30-2007, 11:39 AM
hello and welcome lowbeam and JayP! i'm glad you're here with us and that you'll share your feelings and thoughts about Alizee. and her return. we are waiting. so nice, you joined us. as all new memebers. welcome all!

atra201
01-30-2007, 12:27 PM
Hello both of you and happy surfing

chrelion
01-30-2007, 11:11 PM
Greetings everyone.
I discovered Alizée through someone mentioning that the female Night Elf dance was modeled after her performance in J'en ai marre!. Well, I didn't know -that- at the time. I just heard that the dance was patterned after a real dance.
So, then I took a quick trot on over to YouTube and - well - you all know what I found. I kind of feel . . . I don't know, that that was a kind of bad route to go and I wished I'd found out about her through another channel/resource. Anyway, pop's not usually my thing - but there's just something enchanting about Alizée. Is that the right word? Maybe, well - she just seems so sweet.
There's sort of this close friend feeling I get when I watch her videos. I know that probably makes no sense, but she's just . . . eh, like someone you feel you can trust with anything?
Trust me - I'm not this way with celebrities. I'm not a fan of fame and I'm not one to write my praises of people who've achieved it, for the most part. But there's just something unique about Lili. Hard to place my finger on it, but . . . well, you all have been stung by it at one time or another.

brad
01-30-2007, 11:24 PM
welcome chrelion, glad you found the website.

trust me when i say, we all know exactly what you mean :)

Zack -Alizee Lover-
01-30-2007, 11:27 PM
Welcome chrelion! :D

CFHollister
01-30-2007, 11:39 PM
Yes chrelion, I know exactly what you're describing. I'm not much into pop either... and not at all into celebrities. Alizée is special, and you can take solace in that you've found a place where others feel exactly the same way.

Le Parrain
01-31-2007, 12:00 AM
welcome chrelion.
your Alizee trip will be great and you will love this community.
and if you didn't know already, she will be returning from her 3-year break soon. most people predicted 2nd quarter 2007.
so stay tune and have fun

aditya8617
01-31-2007, 04:23 AM
Trust me - I'm not this way with celebrities. I'm not a fan of fame and I'm not one to write my praises of people who've achieved it, for the most part. But there's just something unique about Lili. Hard to place my finger on it, but . . . well, you all have been stung by it at one time or another.

Hey, even I am exactly like that. Alizee is the only celebrity that I have ever liked.

Welcome to AA.

Blade
01-31-2007, 08:06 AM
Welcome Chrelion you are not alone in your feelings for Alizee.

:wub:

Amelie
01-31-2007, 10:19 AM
welcome Chrelion good luck! :)

Luc
01-31-2007, 01:11 PM
Hello chrelion, welcome to the forum :)
It has been said several times already, we know exactly what you mean. So you're at the right place here :D

zpa
01-31-2007, 04:23 PM
Welcome! :) Rest assured, you're among equally stunned people :p

nurvonic
01-31-2007, 04:25 PM
welcome to all the new members!

wow it seems we welcoming new members everyday :)

dan
01-31-2007, 09:20 PM
It is rather strange for me to introduce myself here finally, since I've been following Alizée for over a year now and have been visiting this site since Brad first made a post about his new site on alizee-forum.com. I probably listen to Alizée and Mylène combined for at least 6 hours every day as I work, which I suppose qualifies me as obsessed. This is a very strange obsession for me, since I have never liked "pop" music before. However, I am trying to learn French and love to be immersed in this music.

I've only posted a couple times here before, even though I visit often, so I thought an introduction was overdue. I'm glad to find so many like-minded people, and truly appreciate the work Brad has done bringing this site and community together.

brad
01-31-2007, 09:24 PM
welcome dan, and I am sure there are a lot more people out there just like you. i can see all of you in the stats :)

dan
01-31-2007, 09:39 PM
Thanks for the welcome, Brad. Although I've probably got one of the highest pageview / post ratios around, I'm sure I'm not alone :)

JCC
01-31-2007, 09:54 PM
welcome to all the NEW People!!

Zack -Alizee Lover-
01-31-2007, 10:02 PM
Welcome home dan :)

Amelie
02-01-2007, 02:24 AM
welcome dan! so it means, that you like Mylene as well? :D

aditya8617
02-01-2007, 07:52 AM
hi! Dan welcome to the website. Don't restrain your Mylene likeness I would like to see a debate between her fans and her haters:D.

dan
02-01-2007, 09:28 AM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! Indeed, I like Mylène as well as Alizée. In fact, I find it hard to believe that fans of Alizée's music wouldn't enjoy at least some of Mylène's music for obvious reasons.

I think that Mylène has a real gift for songwriting as well as performing. I have to admit that some of her songs are unchecked in my playlists, especially some of her earlier, more "experimental" songs. But hey, if she hadn't experimented she probably wouldn't have come up with some of her best material. And on that note, if we English speakers didn't experiment a bit in our own lives, we probably wouldn't be posting on a board about a French singer!

Amelie
02-01-2007, 09:55 AM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! Indeed, I like Mylène as well as Alizée. In fact, I find it hard to believe that fans of Alizée's music wouldn't enjoy at least some of Mylène's music for obvious reasons.

I think that Mylène has a real gift for songwriting as well as performing. I have to admit that some of her songs are unchecked in my playlists, especially some of her earlier, more "experimental" songs. But hey, if she hadn't experimented she probably wouldn't have come up with some of her best material. And on that note, if we English speakers didn't experiment a bit in our own lives, we probably wouldn't be posting on a board about a French singer!

i totally agree with you. Mylene is a real phenomenon

nurvonic
02-01-2007, 10:09 AM
*in my deep james earl jones voice* welcome dan..hahahaaaa

atra201
02-01-2007, 10:27 AM
welcome dan and happy surfing

atra201
02-01-2007, 10:28 AM
hi! Dan welcome to the website. Don't restrain your Mylene likeness I would like to see a debate between her fans and her haters:D.

don't let Amelie hear :D

Blade
02-01-2007, 10:41 AM
wow it seems we welcoming new members everyday :)

Yes the Alizee Virus is really starting to spread.

i completely agree with you nurvonic, you are very smart:D

iolaus_uk
02-01-2007, 10:47 AM
hi dan ,welcome and enjoy.

nurvonic
02-01-2007, 10:57 AM

i completely agree with you nurvonic, you are very smart:D

yes, like it hasnt already:p

and yes i know im smart :)

CFHollister
02-01-2007, 11:48 AM

Get me to a hospital; I'm a terminal case! :D

atra201
02-01-2007, 02:34 PM

relax this is a good virus actually one of a kind

aditya8617
02-01-2007, 07:58 PM

Alizee virus is mostly incurable. But you are in a rehab center(Alizee America) so you can continue living a somewhat close to normal life even with the virus.