PDA

View Full Version : what has alizee changed about you?

newalizeefan
11-14-2006, 03:53 AM
A weird list.... but she has changed me incredibly.

-She made me want to learn French.
-She made me want to live in Paris or anywhere in France.
-She made me like Nutella.
-She made me like French food. But I can't really tell the difference between French and Italian food sometimes.
-She made me buy a razorblade necklace.
-She made me want to write cursive (because she writes cursive)
-She made me want to change my style... used to dress in ghetto type clothes (white tees, baggy pants) to a more casual sophisticated style.
-She made me stop listening to rap and more into love songs.
-She made me want to elope in Las Vegas (although that was just a thought, id rather have a big wedding lol)
-She made me want to mature even faster, because since she matured so fast (living on her own/having a baby/married), it makes me hate how i still am (living with my parents/no girlfriend/still playing video games and stuff). ugh i feel like a little kid. and im turning 21 next monday.... so that makes me feel even more pathetic.
-She also made me more interested in Italian culture. Since Corsica is kind of close to Italy.

yes its a weird list i know.... but its true.
back before i found out about alizee, i was into rap a lot, dressing very ghetto-ish. now i dress very GQ (as my friends would say).
i had no interest with french people/culture/food/language. no interest in ever going to france...now i fantasize about going there and i want to live there.
so as you see, she has done A LOT to me. i dont know if it is for the better, but to me im loving the change.
so if you are reading this, think of what she has changed about you and tell us about it.

Matrix
11-14-2006, 04:23 AM
Alizee has moved me to do a few things...

1. learn the french language at a very very slow pace, lol
2. learn more about Corsica and its history
3. focused my thoughts more on paris, france and the rest of that country
4. made me more aware of other french pop artists like Mylene Farmer and Jennifer and of course her husband Jeremy Chatelain
5. made me more aware of music outside the USA
6. drinking more wine and taking better care of myself, Alizee looks so fit
7. try to show more class or be more sophisticated when I'm around people

aditya8617
11-14-2006, 04:38 AM
Didn't we already have this discussion?

rcs
11-14-2006, 06:50 AM
1. I'm more aware of culture outside the U.S. I don't ever again want to miss out on something as good as Alizee.

2. Be nice to people.
3. Be positive.
4. Strive for Success.

5. And finally! To never leave home without my camera. What happens if Alizee just so happens to show up in your town? Yikes!!! :eek: Capture the moment! It may be your only chance. :wub:

rcs
11-14-2006, 07:01 AM
Quote From Matrix
7. try to show more class or be more sophisticated when I'm around people.

Oh yes, Matrix is certainly right about this one. Not just any ordinary guy is gonna sweep a girl like Alizee off her feet. Class and sophistication are definitely qualities necessary to get Alizee-like girls. I must admit, I haven't had girlfriends in the past like her. You get what you're willing to showcase fellas.

atra201
11-14-2006, 07:31 AM
in one sentence.
she makes me wanna be a better man.

C-4
11-14-2006, 07:46 AM
Alizée has made me aware of how wonderful France and it's culture, food and people are.
I now want to learn French and visit or possibly (if I can convince my wife) eventually have a place in France, and definitely visit Corsica.
She has made me aware of French music and it's artists.
She has made me aware of how screwed up our entertainment is in America and that even though Americans think the world revolves around them, that it does not.

Cooney
11-14-2006, 08:41 AM
Hmm. So much!

-My casual interest in French language has become a full-on desire to re-learn what I've lost from six years of non-use, and go beyond to attempt the achivement of fluency.
-My dream retirement location has changed from somewhere in Italy to the Ile-de-Beaute, Corsica.
-My fear of travelling to a non English speaking country has been replaced with a commitment to do so (France... duh!).
-She's the first pop star, from any country, that I actually respect as a person as well as as an artist.
-I used to be kind of aimless and sad a lot, because I didn't care about anything that was actively a part of my life (work sucks, friends elsewhere, no time for theatre, etc). Now I do care, and I'm in a much better mood on a regular basis.
-Finally, as atra and a couple other guys suggested, she makes me want to live up to a higher standard. I feel like I should live up to Alizée quality, even though she's taken, and I'm likely never to meet her.

HibyPrime
11-14-2006, 10:58 AM
Didn't we already have this discussion?

Yep...

A few times...

brad
11-14-2006, 11:10 AM
1. I'm more aware of culture outside the U.S. I don't ever again want to miss out on something as good as Alizee.

This is definitely the biggest for me. I have also gained a huge interest in anything French.

Amelie
11-14-2006, 11:14 AM
she made me want to dye my hair in dark color (now my hair are black)
she made me want to cut my hair (now my hairstyle like Alizee's in J'ai pas vingt ans period)
she made me like red animated fish :D
she made me like short skirts (after her i hated them, but i still don't wear them,becouse the weather is cold in this while)
she made me like childish things and big smile (i'm melancholic, but not goth)
she made me learn her songs :D :D :D

(Mylene Farmer made me like Alizee :D and Mylene made me like France, Paris, french language and other french things. Mylene made me want to live in France:) )

aFrenchie
11-14-2006, 11:39 AM
-She made me like Nutella.
What, you didn't like Nutella before?? :eek: Or is it only that you didn't know that product earlier?

she made me want to dye my hair in dark color (now my hair are black)
Pic? :)

she made me want to cut my hair (now my hairstyle like Alizee's in J'ai pas vingt ans period)
PIC? :o

she made me like short skirts (after her i hated them, but i still don't wear them,becouse the weather is cold in this while)
PIC? :blink:

Amelie
11-14-2006, 11:54 AM
What, you didn't like Nutella before?? :eek: Or is it only that you didn't know that product earlier?

i have not PIC now becouse...why i don't have it??? don't know. so, i must make it :D Fenchie, you are so funny :wub: i have some pics of my old hairstyle...

Ben
11-14-2006, 11:56 AM
Nutella is not as ubiquitous in the United States as it is in France. It's readily available in most supermarkets, yet the average American has probably never tasted it.

aFrenchie
11-14-2006, 11:59 AM
:wub: i have some pics of my old hairstyle...
Yes yes yes :o

O Rly
11-14-2006, 12:00 PM

I second that :D ;)

aFrenchie
11-14-2006, 12:02 PM
Nutella is not as ubiquitous in the United States as it is in France. It's readily available in most supermarkets, yet the average American has probably never tasted it.
Come on Snatcher, tell me you buy jars by 4 or 5 in Parisian shops? :D

Senshi87
11-14-2006, 12:03 PM
nutella is yummie, just get some fresh bread and put a little on it in the mouth it goes

Amelie
11-14-2006, 12:04 PM
omg, i LOVE nutella! who could not like Nutella? :eek: okey Frenchie, wait a second...(about pics)

atra201
11-14-2006, 12:06 PM
I second that :D ;)

well don't even try there is no hope in getting her to post pics
i already tried for the past month. ;) ;) ;) ;)

O Rly
11-14-2006, 12:06 PM

Well, it's not only France, we have it here too, and i think most of Europe does. And what does Alizee have to do with Nutella anyway?:confused:

well don't even try there is no hope in getting her to post pics
i already tried for the past month. ;) ;) ;) ;)
Well, i know one reason why she wouldn't, but if she doesn't say it herself i wont either.

Amelie
11-14-2006, 12:11 PM
Well, it's not only France, we have it here too, and i think most of Europe does. And what does Alizee have to do with Nutella anyway?:confused:

we have Nutella in Lithuania, but it's expensive!
Amelie :o

atra201
11-14-2006, 12:13 PM
we have Nutella in Lithuania, but it's expensive!
Amelie :o

hey that's not fair. :mad:

aFrenchie
11-14-2006, 12:14 PM
And what does Alizee have to do with Nutella anyway?:confused:
You can see her with a full jar of Nutella in the making of one of her clip (don't remember which).

Amelie
11-14-2006, 12:16 PM
You can see her with a full jar of Nutella in the making of one of her clip (don't remember which).

yeah, i saw it too.

people am i so ugly that..no comments??? :D

atra201
11-14-2006, 12:18 PM

yeah i remeber that and i think the clip was j'en ai marre.

aFrenchie
11-14-2006, 12:19 PM
http://moi-alizee.us/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=139&d=1163524219
And you did for me only eh? :wub: :wub: :wub:

atra201
11-14-2006, 12:21 PM
yeah, i saw it too.

i'm mad at you so no comments. :D :D :D :D :D
well may be tomorrow

nurvonic
11-14-2006, 12:21 PM
yeah, i saw it too.

lol no Amelie, you're far from ugly

anyway, Alizee hasnt changed me all that much, only i listen to her music now, and im into the french culture more than i used to be

Amelie
11-14-2006, 12:23 PM
OKEY then, i was afraid! really :eek:

Amelie
11-14-2006, 12:24 PM
And you did for me only eh? :wub: :wub: :wub:

this is my old hairstyle ^^

atra201
11-14-2006, 12:26 PM
ok i can't wait any more i forgive you :D :D
and your a beautiful upcoming singer (don't forget to call my name before the start of your first concert). good luck ;)

atra201
11-14-2006, 12:27 PM
this is my old hairstyle ^^

i knew that for first look.

Amelie
11-14-2006, 12:28 PM
ok i can't wait any more i forgive you :D :D
and your a beautiful upcoming singer (don't forget to call my name before the start of your first concert). good luck ;)

merci beaucoup :D and of course, i will atra;)

atra201
11-14-2006, 12:34 PM
merci beaucoup :D and of course, i will atra;)

then say: Greatings from the atra-man. :D

Amelie
11-14-2006, 12:39 PM
then say: Greatings from the atra-man. :D

okey, i will do it when i'll come on the stage :D

atra201
11-14-2006, 12:46 PM

i'm looking forward to seeing you on stage.

Senshi87
11-14-2006, 01:07 PM

drive your dream :)

btw is this turning into a IRL PICS thread? =)

C-4
11-14-2006, 01:13 PM
Here is a picture of me from a July fourth event we played at. I am playing the red guitar.
http://www.thinlizzy.de/stephen.jpg

Luc
11-14-2006, 02:06 PM
yeah, i saw it too.

NOOOO ! Of course you're not ugly ! On the contrary, you are very beautiful :wub:
Sorry I didn't post my comment earlier. I was home late today so I couln't.
I will make up with you: hugs Amelie :D

neoteny
11-14-2006, 02:06 PM
you're adorable Amelie. to be honest i thought you were in your 40's. oops...

Luc
11-14-2006, 02:19 PM
Here is a picture of me from a July fourth event we played at. I am playing the red guitar.
Nice picture C-4 !

Sorry if you don't get that many comments. Amelie is getting all the attention at the moment, I think you'll understand why :D

Twitch
11-14-2006, 02:33 PM
Nice pic Amilie, please post more. :) And sorry we got distracted earlier with the Nutella stuff. That stuff is great, I've been eating that stuff since elementary school. It is excellent with a bagette (something I learned from Alizée), and luckily here in Canada it's only a little more expensive than peanut butter, and every grocery store seems to stock it. But ever since they started expanding into the US markets we no longer get it in glass bottles but the plastic ones that were made for the US, except when the occasional reusable glass tumbler jars show up.

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/3617/171775439sd7.gif

*gone to get a baguette and the Nutella from the kitchen:D *

aFrenchie
11-14-2006, 03:06 PM
Those of you (American only?) who never tasted it, go buy a jar NOW!
Be aware, it can leave some marks though: :D

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/9626/nutellato4.jpg

RMJ
11-14-2006, 03:11 PM
Hmm... Dark eyed, cute lil kid with jar of nutella and bracelet... Is that Anny-Lee ? Or just old pic of Lili ? :p

iolaus_uk
11-14-2006, 03:13 PM
very nice pic amelie.
im the same as most ppl here:
learning french,learning about french and corse culture
trying to keep fit and be nice
now listen to most of the popular french singers
watching loads of luc besson films(since alizee got me into "the big blue")
and now following afc ajaccio with passion
but one thing i am finding hard is no girl seems even close to alizee and as i am single now ,girls that do like me i am not really into even though before alizee i might have gone with them(i am getting so picky)

aFrenchie
11-14-2006, 03:17 PM
Hmm... Dark eyed, cute lil kid with jar of nutella and bracelet... Is that Anny-Lee ? Or just old pic of Lili ? :p
haha, you never saw that pic of her before eh? :p What do I win? :D

mibir
11-14-2006, 03:38 PM
She made me:
-Want to know more about news and such outside the U.S. Unfortunately that requires me to actually search it out, it is not readily available. :mad:
-Add France and Corsica to my trip to Europe which was originally just a trip to Italy. :p

NANAKI
11-14-2006, 05:10 PM
Made me want to learn French even more than what I arleady wanted to. I want to go to Paris even more and Corse. The beaches look beautiful. Want to live in France. Gave me a broader look into the world. Opened me up to world wide music instead of just American music. Made me realize that there are good pop stars out there and that pop isn't going all the way down the drain.

newalizeefan
11-14-2006, 07:59 PM
i liked nutella way before i foudn out about alizee... but i never had wanted to go out and buy it, i usually ate it at my cousins house whenever all of us would get together for like christmas or w/e. but now i buy it at the grocery. they dont sell the big jars and im usually stuck getting the small ones. and i never have any bread to go with it.
i love it with baguettes though

jeroh
11-14-2006, 08:15 PM
now , i'm gay
jk
made me change a lot of littles things .. but are very importan for me

Adi King
11-15-2006, 12:19 AM
Changed my character a little bit. :)

newalizeefan
11-15-2006, 04:00 AM
other things ive noticed...since ive watched her videos/interviews a lot, i even smile like her LOL...
and to think, out of billions of people...alizee was the only one to change me that much.

Amelie
11-15-2006, 10:06 AM
it was a surprize to me... your reactions about my pic...merci, i don't know, what can i say more..and i'm going to buy some Nutella today ^^
and C-4 very nice picture! i love that guitar ^^

Amelie
11-15-2006, 10:08 AM
you're adorable Amelie. to be honest i thought you were in your 40's. oops...

what a swiz! sorry neoteny, my fault...i'm 14 ^^ :D :D :D

Twitch
11-15-2006, 10:28 AM
Ah well, from too old for you to too young, right neotony? :)
And at only 14 you're already drawing and writing lyrics like that, wow now I'm even more impressed. You've got talent beyond your years, you've got more talent then all the people I knew when I was 14 or know who are 14. :)

neoteny
11-15-2006, 10:47 AM
yeah im disappointed about her not being 42. older women turn me on. and if you believe that then you'd be gullible.:rolleyes: uyoay reaay very ecutay lieameay.

Luc
11-15-2006, 11:48 AM
what a swiz! sorry neoteny, my fault...i'm 14 ^^ :D :D :D
Ah well, from too old for you to too young, right neotony? :)
And at only 14 you're already drawing and writing lyrics like that, wow now I'm even more impressed. You've got talent beyond your years, you've got more talent then all the people I knew when I was 14 or know who are 14. :)
I fully agree with you Twitch. I told her the same before and I knew she was only 14.
You see Amelie, it's true you are very talented. I'm glad other members tell the same thing :) You deserve the compliments.

Amelie
11-15-2006, 01:10 PM
I fully agree with you Twitch. I told her the same before and I knew she was only 14.
You see Amelie, it's true you are very talented. I'm glad other members tell the same thing :) You deserve the compliments.

you all think, that 14 years old human is very silly and childish, oh no, you think wrong, almost all this age teens are very mature (i am talking about girls ^^ ) and smart...but thanks that you like my creatings... seem that i am youngest here... :/

Luc
11-15-2006, 01:25 PM
you all think, that 14 years old human is very silly and childish, oh no, you think wrong, almost all this age teens are very mature (i am talking about girls ^^ ) and smart...but thanks that you like my creatings... seem that i am youngest here... :/
Why do you think that :confused: We don't think 14 year old people are silly and childish, at least I don't. Although I'm much older I know several people of your age. But most of them are not as mature as you are and no-one of them is nearly as talented as you are :)

cane17
11-15-2006, 01:27 PM
She make me want to be a better person and have a diffrent outlook on life

Amelie
11-15-2006, 02:05 PM
well..maybe someone know Alizee's bad characteristics??? i think-no, yeah? becouse i don't know...

Luc
11-15-2006, 02:22 PM
well..maybe someone know Alizee's bad characteristics??? i think-no, yeah? becouse i don't know...
According to Nidalizee fansite she has a few less good characteristics:
Défauts : Curieuse, timide, jalouse, possessive, têtue.
Which means : Curious, shy, jealous, possessif, obstinate (aFrenchie, could you correct me if I made a mistake ?)

I think Alizée told this about herself because Emilie, webmastress of Nidalizee, would never invent any bad characteristics about her. Personally I think being shy is not bad :confused:

aFrenchie
11-15-2006, 02:44 PM
Which means : Curious, shy, jealous, possessif, obstinate (aFrenchie, could you correct me if I made a mistake ?)
Your French rules Luc ;). Stubborn is better for têtu but obstinate sounds good too.

Luc
11-15-2006, 03:12 PM
Your French rules Luc ;). Stubborn is better for têtu but obstinate sounds good too.
Thanks aFrenchie :)

bt_bird_90
11-15-2006, 03:22 PM
meh, those "bad characteristics" just make her cuter than a basket of kittens

RMJ
11-15-2006, 03:24 PM
How cute would be basket of Lilies ? :blink:

I think my mind would explode !

Senshi87
11-15-2006, 05:02 PM
alizée has improved my sewing skills...
fixed it yesterday on my bag :D

http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/3546/dsc00248ju9.th.jpg (http://img107.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00248ju9.jpg)

RMJ
11-15-2006, 05:22 PM
Nice !

You could practicing cutting skills, too, since the shape of the fish is pretty bizarre. :p Try cutting out new one and sew it back of the pants. :D

Nah, it's awesome ! Totally love it. :)

Senshi87
11-15-2006, 06:26 PM
Nice !

You could practicing cutting skills, too, since the shape of the fish is pretty bizarre. :p Try cutting out new one and sew it back of the pants. :D

Nah, it's awesome ! Totally love it. :)

hihi thanks! i know cutting was ok, but fabric wasnt the best either
im actually looking for what pants i can sew them on dont know if ill do it though :p

atra201
11-15-2006, 10:11 PM
well sometimes the body is young but the mind is old.

MaiFromSanFrancisco
11-16-2006, 12:56 AM
Mmm i would say alizee made me a softy :P

During football practice i was thinking about her, and then my teammate came from the side and laid me out. T_T yeah he hit me pretty hard, i wasn't paying attention, i was thinking about contre courant. I think i got the wind knocked out of me. Buttt i still love Alizée XD

DJ_Greg
11-16-2006, 10:36 AM
How cute would be basket of Lilies ? :blink:

I think my mind would explode !

http://imagesource.art.com/images/-/Sheryl-Jackson/Lily-Basket-Print-C10380211.jpeg

Luc
11-16-2006, 11:45 AM
Very funny DJ_Greg :D :D But I hope RMJ's mind didn't explode because then the Alizée database of the forum would be lost :blink:

vctralca
11-16-2006, 07:06 PM
Its true Alizée make me want to be a better man, i always think about her and do thing the best i can do , sometime i tell to myself : ill do this for her, and i do it . Its incredible how she manage to change somethings in my life . ., of course i want to learn french now, and try to travel someday to france, and finally meet her, anyways it is just a dream . .. and i am trying so hard to reach it . . :D

RMJ
11-16-2006, 07:48 PM
http://imagesource.art.com/images/-/Sheryl-Jackson/Lily-Basket-Print-C10380211.jpeg

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/3715/explodeir1.gif <- me

riva2model64
11-16-2006, 11:07 PM
Alizee looks so fit

you bet your pants off she's fit!!

zpa
11-18-2006, 05:20 PM
I've noticed that now any spoken french sounds so different to my ear. Needless to say what comes to my mind when I hear french or anything related to France. Every time I hear something, I find myself thinking "How it would sound if she'd say that?" It's weird :o It's obvious that she's unlike the rest :wub: Or do we have serious mental problems? :D

Joey_adore_Jung
05-06-2007, 09:18 PM
i never posted on this thread yet, i think, but anyways ways she changed me.

1. i don't really hang around the stare at women all day and look like a total idiot doing it
2. she has me thinking about her alot
3. she got me interested in pop music and when i say pop music i mean her songs.
4. well i joined a forum something i wouldn't do.
5. make me want to travel the world more than i already do.
6. well got me off of Warcraft for the longest time, then again i don't play alot.
7. more dedicated to teaching students.

Edcognito
05-07-2007, 01:00 AM
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/3715/explodeir1.gif <- me

I love the little exploder! :wub:

Ed:)

soik
05-07-2007, 01:00 AM
here's what Alizée's done for me in the last 2 months:

- She has staved off an immanent nervous breakdown.haha
- Alizée, she's a very effective anti-stressor.
- She got me thinking a little more clearly.
- I just listen to her sing and things are not as bad as they seem.
- She has given me a second wind.
- Goals are no longer as hard to accomplish as before.
- There's more, can't remember.
Imagine how the world would be if everybody was a fan.

loveherfromusa
05-07-2007, 09:02 AM
I have never been a fan before of anyone. I like some music better than others, but I never thought I would be a fan who wanted to discuss with others why I was so captured by a singer.

She has me. She is my angel who helps me whenever I feel down.

CFHollister
05-07-2007, 09:46 PM
I could go into all kinds of details about how she's affected me or shifted my interests, but I won't.

The short and simple answer is:
She's made me feel happier.

What else can you ask for from someone you've never met?

Joey_adore_Jung
05-07-2007, 10:32 PM
I could go into all kinds of details about how she's affected me or shifted my interests, but I won't.

well that is a good question, though there are many things but she probably never hear of the requests. then again there are ways to contact her.

RMJ
05-08-2007, 06:22 AM
To meet, of course. :wub:

kdn
05-08-2007, 08:35 AM
I was supposed to leave IT stuff a few months ago but then Lili came and everything has changed since. I prefer to think she slows me down in a good way...

Alizee_is_Scottish!
05-08-2007, 08:55 AM
I have never been into the 'celebrity' satus of anyone - I have never bought a magazine or watched a certain TV show just to get a glimpse of a performer. It has always been just buy CD's + DVD's of artists I like.

And yet here I am, joining a website of someone who hasn't released anything in years and reading up on everything on her from Nutella to three blokes doing a funny dance up a mountain - so the girl must be doing something right!:blink:

It is her uncanny ability simply to make me smile. And those that know me are aware that was much rarer before Little Miss Corsica came along.:D

thats amazazazing
05-08-2007, 04:19 PM
shes the only pop artist whom I've purchased albums from ^_^

thats about it

neoific
05-08-2007, 08:24 PM
Moi, elle fait moi apprendre francais... pour deux ans... mdr
J'ai etudie dans mon highschool pour un an, puis j'ai saute francais deux parce que j'ai etudie francais II dans l'ete. Maintenant, je suis dans la classe de Francais III.

She made me learn french... for two years... lol
I studied in my highschool for a year, then i skipped french 2 because I did it during the summer. Now, I am a sophomore in french 3 :)

CFHollister
05-08-2007, 08:34 PM
To meet, of course. :wub:

Well sure:rolleyes:
I'm just trying to say that being able to make one actually feel happier and more content, as would a friend, is a pretty profound effect for a stranger to have on a person. I mean, when you get down to it, apart from the relationship itself, all the things you do with friends: spend time together, do things for each other, give each other gifts, etc., etc., have the overall effect of making you more happy and content with life than you otherwise would be. Alizée has done that for me though we have never met, and I just think that is a rather significant effect, and as much as one could ever hope to get from someone you have never met and probably (barring some sort of extraordinary circumstance) will never meet.

garçoncanadien
05-08-2007, 08:50 PM
CFHollister tell me how she changed you por favor
or do in PM if its very sensitive information :)
you know I told how she changed me :p

CFHollister
05-08-2007, 09:16 PM
CFHollister tell me how she changed you por favor
or do in PM if its very sensitive information :)
you know I told how she changed me :p

Sure. Give me a bit to write the PM.

NYMedStudent
05-08-2007, 11:19 PM
my bowel habits...

alizee's relaxing music has eased my constipation and made everything loosey goosey

fiber shmiber

loveherfromusa
07-20-2007, 02:19 AM
I have never been into the 'celebrity' satus of anyone - I have never bought a magazine or watched a certain TV show just to get a glimpse of a performer. It has always been just buy CD's + DVD's of artists I like.

And yet here I am, joining a website of someone who hasn't released anything in years and reading up on everything on her from Nutella to three blokes doing a funny dance up a mountain - so the girl must be doing something right!:blink:

It is her uncanny ability simply to make me smile. And those that know me are aware that was much rarer before Little Miss Corsica came along.:D

Anyone who has watched old episodes of Saturday Night Live know what I mean when I say she must be Scottish because "If it's not Scottish, It's crap".

isabella
07-20-2007, 12:17 PM
- She makes me know french language is not bad
- She makes me want to go to paris
- she makes me want to go to galleries lafayette
- she makes me...happy:D

AniL_FaNTR
07-20-2007, 12:55 PM
she made me interested in AC Ajaccio ;) :wub:

http://www.football.fr/fr/football/images/clubs/120/41.jpg

Edcognito
07-20-2007, 04:03 PM

Perfect answer, CF wins.

Oh yeah, its also my answer now! :P

E:cool:

spaceli0n
07-20-2007, 06:20 PM
meh,
1. made me wanna learn the french language even more (before i wanted to so i could score french chicks).
2. made me appreciate france a hell of alot more and made me think nz women suck (They did before but alizee shoves it in ur face)
3. definantly made me an all round happier person, although i still listen to heavy metal and rap (angry music).:cool:

Killian
07-20-2007, 06:23 PM
Made me realise that all pop music doesn't suck. (Only everyone other than Alizée ;))

Made me realise that conventional "hotness" is not the best.

And, as mentioned made me happier.

crissa
07-21-2007, 12:01 PM
*Made me want to be a classier person
*Made me want to be more happy
*Made me more aware of my looks (ie, going for a balanced life...because that seems to be the catalyst for natural beauty

Actually all these things were in effect anyways, Alizée just elevated everything.

Luverboi
07-21-2007, 01:56 PM
loll aww nice1 guys.... *made me happier and not afraid to say stuff to people =]...
*taught me that language i don't understand isn't always bad especially france =D
*And working hard at any age u can achieve stuff.... sense u started ur career at 15... i think and im 15 =]

Icarion
07-21-2007, 03:45 PM
I see alot of singers here in America.
NONE of which touch me like Alizee.
When one sings...its not just their voice you hear...but you hear their intent, their sincerity, their being, their soul. Singers here, you can tell they are about themselves. Alizee is about us! You can see it.
Alizee sings with her soul. Not only that but she has this glow about her that I have never seen on any female singer. It is not just her beauty. Its in her eyes. Her face beams happiness and freedom and love. When I hear her sing and her music, and see her...it seems to be a combination key that unlocks my universe and frees me from what I know as reality. She elevates me. My univers has expanded literally. No one has done this for me.
Christ said He is the light of all humanity. If any singer seems to shine this light of love and giving the most, it is her. (I am not saying she is Mother Theresa either as sensual and sexy as she is--and how she uses it--but she does so in a way that isn't blatant, but graceful and elegant---her dance moves dont consist of gyrating pelvic thrusts and humping [Britney, Madonna, etc], but of slight moves and gestures that prove the statement that sometimes less is more!)

She has motivated me to learn french, move to Europe and marry a french woman. (I always had impression frecnh people were snobby, but from what I see, they seem to be very open and loving.)

Deepwaters
07-21-2007, 04:25 PM
She has motivated me to learn french, move to Europe and marry a french woman. (I always had impression frecnh people were snobby, but from what I see, they seem to be very open and loving.)

Word of caution: Alizée is as unlike most French people as she is unlike most people of any other country, except they speak the same language. She's not like that because she's French. She's like that because she's herself. Another French woman isn't going to be the same, and if I were you I would not select your wife based on nationality.

Just trying to insert a little common sense here. I know it's hard when you're under Her Grace's spell, but it's still a good idea. ;)

CFHollister
07-21-2007, 04:45 PM
Perfect answer, CF wins.

Oh yeah, its also my answer now! :P

E:cool:

Oftentimes the simplest answer is the most true.

spaceli0n
07-21-2007, 09:47 PM
what im more interested in is what long term effects alizee will have on me, i know they will be good but i just have to wonder what if i never saw her.

Martin
07-21-2007, 10:04 PM
I see alot of singers here in America.
NONE of which touch me like Alizee.
When one sings...its not just their voice you hear...but you hear their intent, their sincerity, their being, their soul. Singers here, you can tell they are about themselves. Alizee is about us!

Yeah, when Alizee sings she seems so selfless, so giving. Most singers sink in to their own self loving world when performing, she is more reachable and communicates a lot with her audience. I love that.

Thanks to her I started drawing again and overcome some tough times I went through the last months. Although significantly late, I think I discovered her just the right moment for me;)

Tye
07-22-2007, 12:13 AM
1. I have never been a fan of a person until I found Lili. I love her and her music.:)

2. Lili gave me the inspiration to learn French, and I have been studying it since I found out about her.

3. She got me interested in France and Corsica. Now, I am going to move to Paris, and visit Corsica.

4. Got me interested in other cultures, especially France and Corsica's, and things outside of America.

5. I have a happier personality.

6. Inspired me to live life to its fullest.

Thanks you so much, Lili!:)

CFHollister
07-22-2007, 04:09 AM
Thanks to her I started drawing again and overcome some tough times I went through the last months. Although significantly late, I think I discovered her just the right moment for me;)

Seconded ;)

wildfire
10-20-2009, 10:29 PM
Nice thread, lets bump it up!! ;D

Also I compiled some of the more inspiring stories from this site and others. I especially like hearing the ones from younger folks who were listening to rap and dressing ghetto who later cleaned up their act after listening to Alizee. I think it proves a point i've always tried to make about how negative some music can be and how it can propagate rude and distasteful behavior. Some people say music like rap & hip hop is a reflection of the tough life some people have had. true, but I think it also propagates it too.

http://www.alizee-forum.com/showpost.php?p=712998&postcount=11

http://www.alizee-forum.com/showpost.php?p=714681&postcount=19

http://www.alizee-forum.com/showpost.php?p=716726&postcount=30

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showpost.php?p=130172&postcount=1

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16639&postcount=1

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16657&postcount=8

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16641&postcount=2

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16647&postcount=4

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16652&postcount=7

user472884
10-20-2009, 11:29 PM
I probably could have been a normal person, do the 9-5 thing in my cubicle... go back home and repeat the process.

Alizée? Changed everything. I'd rather not explain it right here right now.... but I will never be the same again.

pepelepew
10-21-2009, 01:28 AM
Thanks wildfire for dredging up these old posts. Most of them I have seen before, but they are really inspiring. I have had similar insights since I found Alizee. She inspired me to write poetry for the first time in my life starting with her as the subject. The way she lifts me up and grounds me is almost supernatural. It is subtle and simple. Intellectually it can be confusing, but in my heart it feels so real and soothing. I can't know how she effects other fans, but from what they share it is a similar experience that is difficult to put into words other than the obvious qualities Alizee possesses. If you get her you are a fan and if you don't she seems to have little impact other than her physical beauty.She stands out like a fine cut diamond in a field of coal.

Pjoo
10-21-2009, 07:50 AM
Well, I never have been listening to songs based on artist before, and didn't care very much for music at all. Also, she made me want to learn some french. Other than that, could be Alizée in my subconsciousness telling me I really want to go study computer science, but not really sure if Alizée has anything to do with it. And I really liked that one Renault... That could only be because of the ignition "key" though, it was awesome.
"Always" liked the french, the culture atleast, language a bit less. Always been rather positive person, quite introvert in a way, not caring what others think of my opinions, always preferred "good girls", such... Alizée really hasn't changed any of that, maybe just reinforced it. Obsessing over persons and art/cultural stuff, be it books, games, TV shows, movies, etc. isn't really anything new to me :P

Criss_pl
10-21-2009, 12:41 PM
Well, I never have been listening to songs based on artist before, and didn't care very much for music at all. (...)
"Always" liked the french, the culture atleast (...)
Always been rather positive person, quite introvert in a way, not caring what others think of my opinions, always preferred "good girls", such... Alizée really hasn't changed any of that, maybe just reinforced it.

I can say the same, but I started learning french long time before I disovered her. And I never listened specific artist, I was listening different radios, various music and rather rarely. And I wasn't obsessed with any artist, book etc. before.

Vorock
10-21-2009, 06:11 PM
A weird list.... but she has changed me incredibly.

-She made me want to learn French.
-She made me want to live in Paris or anywhere in France.
-She made me like French food. But I can't really tell the difference between French and Italian food sometimes.
-She made me want to mature even faster, because since she matured so fast (living on her own/having a baby/married), it makes me hate how i still am (living with my parents/no girlfriend/still playing video games and stuff). ugh i feel like a little kid. and im turning 21 next monday.... so that makes me feel even more pathetic.

Same but I also changed a lot about how I feel about women. I always thought of them as being just a different gender but she made me realize women are precious, beautiful, and important in our lives.
Also good to know you stopped with your "ghetto" lifestyle :).

BrianB
10-22-2009, 05:54 AM
For me, Alizée has:

- Expanded my appreciation of French music. (Duh!) I've been a huge fan of Edith Piaf for years but never thought to go beyond that until I discovered her grace.
- After years of accepting my phobia about flying I'm now planning to take a trip Europe early next year. I've never been outside North America before so this will be a big change for me. :D
- Related to the above, I've started to re-learn French. (I haven't taken a French class since junior high, which for me was way back in the 70s. :eek:)
- And most of important of all, I've learned how to enjoy art (e.g., Alizée's music and performances) on an almost purely emotional level. Normally, I have a bad habit of over-intellectualizing my feelings toward art. With Alizée's music, on the other hand, I often don't know why I enjoy it so much. However, I now know that's OK. :cool:

Brian
P.S.
Thanks, wildfire, for reviving this thread!

wildfire
10-22-2009, 07:43 AM
you guys are killing me with these gif-a-licouses!

wasabi622
10-22-2009, 11:26 PM
she's made me a better person. motivated me to learn french. opened my mind to more European culture, and made me realize how much i miss traveling!

VVVACCPLPNLY
06-09-2010, 10:16 AM
So much... If you could compare the old me to the post-Alizee-discovery-me, you would be baffled. It would scare the living crap out of you... But all the ways are good ways, trust me...

Rictor
06-09-2010, 10:22 AM
So much... If you could compare the old me to the post-Alizee-discovery-me, you would be baffled. It would scare the living crap out of you... But all the ways are good ways, trust me...

Hahaha, YES! Same here. I was such a...ahem...not a good person. Alizée just made me less cynical, more positive and most importantly - HAPPY. I've always been a bit of a downer, but for the past 3 years since discovering Alizée, I'm happy pretty much 99.9 percent of the time now. It's amazing. I smile nonstop when I think about her.

If there's one thing she has taught me how to do - it is to enjoy and appreciate life. And for that, I will always be grateful. I love Alizée!! :wub:

Aayush
06-09-2010, 10:29 AM
Alizee has made me crazy about her since 2001........
1.She made me to learn french language....though m not at all familiar to dat kind of language.....still m learning french so dat when one day i will meet her, i will talk to her......jst for dat few lines m spending hours daily......
2.Due to her i started respecting France a lot....n their culture.....
3.Even i don understand her songs, the kind of feeling she produces in the song, attracts me towards her...

Alizee has effected ma lifestyle a lot......
Now ma every heartbeat beats for her only......

RobandSandy
06-12-2010, 03:06 PM
One Huge Thing. Alizée has given me an attitude adjustment. Not that I was a terrible ogre before I heard Alizée. But with the current state of affairs economically etc I had become quite cynical and pessemistic and negative to say the least. I am learning to be positive, to have a possitive attitude, to smile, to enjoy life again, to be more open minded to speak positive and be a force for the positive.Not that I am so perfect with that, I have a lot of work on my attitude to do. But everytime I think about or listen to Alizée I am SMILING again!!!! And that is the most precious gift of all. Thankyou to Alizée. And Rob will never be the same. And I guess I am also learning a little French here and there, who wouldn't.

Undrthemilkyway
06-16-2010, 10:40 PM
She's made me crazy about everything French ! And to realize that an angle truly walks this world !!

Karlalizee
06-16-2010, 11:07 PM
what did she change about me? umm nothing. cannot think of a thing.

VVVACCPLPNLY
06-16-2010, 11:32 PM
You said that already, karla!

Edit:

You said that already, karla! :p But it's k...

AlizéeInspired
06-16-2010, 11:33 PM
You said that already, karla!

Edit:

You said that already, karla! :p But it's k...

She's just checkin back in with us to let us know she still can't think of anything :p

Marquis<3Alizée
07-11-2010, 02:24 PM
Oh wow she's changed me a lot.

1.I started to look at life in a whole different way when I started listeing to her.
2.She also made me change how I wore my pants you know how she wears the big pants and then sags them just a smuge.
3.She also changed my thought on you can be succeful at a young age.
4.JUST KNOW SHE CHANGED ME A LOT!!!

ImRawdg
07-11-2010, 02:44 PM
Although I never realized it at the time, she really did change my life. My mind opened up to appreciate pop music and what is important in songwriting. My mind opened up to appreciate other countries and cultures (which is where I differ from people around here, many of my friends "hate" the French and lots of other nationalities for no reason).

But the most important thing of all, the music of Alizée inspired my career decision. I am going to the McNally Smith college of music this fall to try for a degree in music production. For this fact, I will forever thank her.

Cubeface
07-11-2010, 03:16 PM
She's made me think of why I should do better and try hard in everything and she's opened me up to different music styles. She also made me appreciate dancing a bit more and the French Culture, and well... all different cultures!

Azhiri
07-11-2010, 11:29 PM
I know a lot more french than I did before! :p

For realsies though, ahh.. I think I'm generally a lot more aware of myself now. I pay more attention to what I say to everybody, the impression I give people, my attitude. etc. :)

Människöpesten
07-12-2010, 01:35 AM
i listen to a form of pop music. and i r metal head. O.o

Tchaikovsky
07-12-2010, 05:25 AM
We have Nutella at our grocery store and I want to try it now after seeing her enjoy it.

RobandSandy
07-12-2010, 01:43 PM
Alizée has caused this old man to learn how to smile again, after all these years, and she has opened up my mind to explore different genres of music on a worldwide basis that beforehand I would have blown off. See I was an old rocker from Cleveland Ohio, the cradle of rock n roll. And I have just about it all in my rock collection from the Beatles to Nickleback From Led Zeppelin to The Brand new OZZY, but something about Alizée's music causes me to continually come back for more. And I have everything Madonna ever did coming up in the Progressive Rock Movement in The Eastern Village of NYC and now a member of The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame. But saying all that to say this, I listen to her over and over, I try to put on The Who or Led Zeppelin or Def Leppard of which I have it all and then after a while I MUST put Alizée back on. And to Alizée Rob must say, "Look what you have done to this rock n roll clown." And she has opened my mind to learn of the French culture of which I am a stranger. Rob surely will never be the same.:D:D:D

wasabi622
07-12-2010, 04:56 PM
She gave me something to hang on to during crappy times. Whenever I'm feeling really down or just overwhelmed by stress, there's nothing that makes me feel better then a long night time drive listening to Alizée.

Roman
07-13-2010, 02:58 AM
Gotta love the Nutella, but it requires French bread.
Ah, I got one. For a time Alizée made me feel almost normal, like I had a place in the world and something to love about it. That is an awesome thing that I think she might be amazed to really understand. Maybe it's just the simple statement of love. I think I have for the most part not really been in love with Alizée, except as a fan. It's a special kind of love. But, still the kind that makes one think, I would rather give my life for this person than to see her harmed. I don't feel the same way about her as I used to (sort of had to give up on the passion, you know, couldn't maintain it forever while just waiting for ...?), though I would still gladly give my life if it was necessary to protect her from something. Ok, that's not going to happen; not sure why I brought that up, but still, maybe you get the drift.