PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow is either really good, or really bad.

User22
03-04-2013, 02:47 AM
As many of you may know, the album is supposedly shipping out from Amazon tomorrow in both the UK and the US. I have written several emails to Amazon showing them how the release date is the 25th and no the 5th, but they have simply replied that their team is looking into it.

So either two things will happen tomorrow:

- The album will ship out from Amazon's warehouses in the US and UK to those that pre-ordered, resulting in an insanely high possibility of a full-scale leak and much lower sales than if it hadn't been leaked.

- Or, Amazon will recognize that the release date is the 25th and/or not even have the CDs in their warehouses to ship out to those who pre-ordered. This would be the ideal situation as everyone would get the album after the 25th and there would be a much lower chance of a leak...the same chance there has been for all of her albums.

If the former happens, I advise you to use your best judgement and resist the temptation to leak it. No one will gain any fame or fortune for leaking the album and will definitely be looked down upon by the whole Alizée community. I am confident that no regular member here would ever do such a thing as leak it so I think we're good here.

But if the album does happen to be leaked, any discussion as to where it lays on the internet or how to download it will be deleted immediately along with ANY links to the download or even a possible site it is hosted on. Myself and other will be constantly watching the forums for any discussion of where to get the leak, so posting its location is just a waste of time...especially when you can be watching Alizée videos :D

Lets hope for the best tomorrow, that Amazon will push back their release date, and all rejoice in the fact that Alizée is returning on the 25th.

Savor these last month of intense wait for the album as it may not come around again for years to come. In my opinion, this is the best time of an album release, the months leading up to it with all these easter eggs, promotions, interviews, and pure awesomeness coming up.

This thread will be updated as news comes in.

Thanks and ¡Viva Alizée!

Lili4ever
03-04-2013, 03:19 AM
maybe someone speaking French should write to jive epic or Sony ASAP ?

User22
03-04-2013, 04:44 AM
maybe someone speaking French should write to jive epic or Sony ASAP ?

Its too late at this point sadly. I tried tweeting her to no avail. Psychalizée took note of it though, who is a close friend of Alizée. So I'd imagine she'd have rold her.

ALS
03-04-2013, 09:46 AM
I just checked and Amazon.Fr is showing the 25th as the release date.

Karin
03-04-2013, 12:30 PM
I think, amazon just forgot to chance the date :D It would be weird to sell it sooner, than in country of origin :D

LXND3R
03-04-2013, 12:31 PM
Hopefully amazon U.S. & U.K. get their sh*t together within the next 24 hours :noway:

Tiwaz
03-04-2013, 01:12 PM
They may not even have the CDs in possession at the moment, depending on how fast or slow they move that stuff around. And second, I guess Alizée/Sony could sue Amazon for selling/shipping the CD before official release date.

SpanishFan
03-04-2013, 01:39 PM
Yes, everybody is excited and Alizée is like crazy on her twitter because the release of the album tomorrow... :D

User22
03-04-2013, 06:08 PM
I just checked and Amazon.Fr is showing the 25th as the release date.

Yeah, Amazon.fr has always shown the 25th. Its the US & UK we have to worry about :(

Welp...can't wait til my album comes in Wednesday morning :snack:

Un-rêve
03-04-2013, 06:13 PM
^^

Yup.. all good things come to those who wait.. whether it be the 5th or the 25th. :D

User22
03-05-2013, 05:26 AM
Temporarily out of stock.
Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your account will only be charged when we ship the item.
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.

It doesn't say its a pre-order anymore, which means people think it is actually out of stock or some ludicrous! Im going to ask them to make sure it is a pre-order again so people dont get confused and Alizée gets sales!

lefty12357
03-05-2013, 04:36 PM
My guess is someone at Amazon US entered the 5th in their inventory control system as the release date. Once the item left "pre-order" status and went live because the supposed release date arrived, the system then checks inventory and sees no CDs. That, in turn, simply triggers an "Out of stock" notice. In other words, they have had the date wrong all along and the reason they have no CDs in stock is because they weren't shipped any. And the reason they weren't shipped any is because it's not released yet. :D

I'm sure all of this is automated and there is little human involvement. With the millions of products they handle, it's doubtful a real, live human being will tend to this. I'm sure they will ship the CDs when they get them after the 25th. I hope it doesn't discourage people from continuing to buy the CD in the interim.

Ray4AJ
03-14-2013, 11:15 PM
Got this email today from the US Amazon.com. Now they are thinking the release date is Monday 3/18?

Hello,

We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on February 04, 2013 (Order# ):

Alizee "5"
Estimated arrival date: March 19, 2013

If you want to check on the progress of your order, take a look at this page in Your Account:

...amazon url...

We hope to see you again soon!

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department

Un-rêve
03-14-2013, 11:34 PM
Well as far as I know it's coming on the 25th.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GFh046qcFKU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ray4AJ
03-19-2013, 09:58 PM
Got another email just now. I guess I'll have the CD tomorrow.

http://distilleryimage5.s3.amazonaws.com/890b0b72910011e2ab6b22000aa8004d_7.jpg

BrianO1
03-19-2013, 11:51 PM
Mine is saying I should receive the album by the 22nd to the 25th. Has not shipped yet though.

User22
03-20-2013, 01:38 AM
Got another email just now. I guess I'll have the CD tomorrow.

http://distilleryimage5.s3.amazonaws.com/890b0b72910011e2ab6b22000aa8004d_7.jpg

Got the same email, comes at 10:00AM CST for me tomorrow. Sucks so bad right now though since I'm on vacation at the beach until the 24th! But hey, I'll get to listen to it at 7:30AM CST on the 25th when my school's post office opens since they will have it already. So hey, not a bad deal, I thought it would come on the 26th, but I get it on the 20th and can listen the morning mof the 25th...I'm happy :D

http://i49.tinypic.com/jhao1e.jpg

Mine is saying I should receive the album by the 22nd to the 25th. Has not shipped yet though.

Awesome! Let's hope you get it ASAP :D