PDA

View Full Version : Press/Media Articles and Reviews for Album '5'

JoeNY
03-23-2013, 07:51 AM
I'd like to keep a thread of articles related to the new album only to see how it's being received by the critics and public. The Album '5' thread seems to be for the actual CD and the magazine thread seems too general. So I started a new thread. Here's one I found today:

http://www.metrofrance.com/culture/alizee-les-gens-pensent-encore-que-j-ai-16-ans/mmcv!l4pbDGzLTlZPY/

The translation is shaky though:
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&sl=fr&tl=en&u=http://www.metrofrance.com/culture/alizee-les-gens-pensent-encore-que-j-ai-16-ans/mmcv!l4pbDGzLTlZPY/#submit

Alizée: "People still think I'm 16"

PORTRAIT - Three years after the failure of her previous album, Alizée returned to more solid foundation with "5". A managed disk in which it continues its metamorphosis smoothly.

Alizée turns a page. The singer did not wait long to bounce back from the difficult reception reserved for its previous album , A Child of the Century. Electronic loops, influences of Andy Warhol and Giorgio Moroder, the disc proved to be too far from his usual repertoire. "It was mostly a different experience, as an aside, says the woman. I think the songs were not intended for the general public, it is also why I wanted a simple disk. ' Her fifth album, 5, was built as an echo of the French variety of the 1960s, a very masculine point of view.

Alizée has succeeded. On her fifth album, the singer has definitively demonstrates Corsican drew a line on his past lolita. Light and tangy, the result from the first listen attracted mostly due to malicious texts sometimes ("I am willing"), sometimes spicy ("Last Breath"), which draw a young woman in search of freedom. With pop melodies calibrated for radios, like the future tube "Boxing Club", Alizée deserves to return to the light.

We thus find in the work of authors such as Adrien Gallo (BB Brunes) and Thomas Boulard (Luke), but also other singers like Severin, Bartone and Olivier Volovich. Jean-Jacques Goldman also played the game for the former lolita, even if both songs have been kept warm for the time being. Recorded with a symphony orchestra, this album marks a turning point in the texts and portrayed Alizée as one had ever heard.

Love it addresses fatigue in 10 years, seduction in Boxing club or it turns into a viper in the excellent Last Gasp, the singer takes pleasure in dent his image. "I show teeth, but it is also my character, the young woman smiled. It is true that I post less often this facet of my personality. I have the polished image of a girl smiling and nice. People always think I'm 16! "

A Bond girl in French

However, it is a long time since Alizée waddled on all television sets in alluring outfits. The Miss will celebrate its 30th anniversary next year and dreams rather a quiet day in his native Corsica. "I think this is somewhat the case for all the people who have started young, she analyzes. It does not see us grow. They call me still small, it makes me happy but people do not see time pass. "

Another novelty, the foot is clear that in her videos, the image of the single Because of the fall, in which it takes poses a James Bond girl. And why not a first film role? "I've had some suggestions, but no heart stroke, she reveals. Tempt me It's good to have an unlikely role, opposite of what I am, where I have to push myself."