PDA

View Full Version : What is the make of Alizée's beret?

C-4
11-17-2006, 08:52 AM
In the video section on page 3, second video down, is the "Passenger Interview" of Alizée. In that video, Alizée is wearing in the middle of the interview, a specific type of beret that has a written insignia on the band on one side.
Does anyone happen to know the make and model of that particular beret, please?
I have been searching the internet to find one that is exactly like it, but I cannot seem to find it. I also cannot stop the video in the spot where Alizée turns, showing the insignia clear enough to get the name on the band.
I understand that in France there are berets for women and man, but I want that make and model, regardless, as our band wears berets sometime and I like the way that particular one looks...especially since our angel is wearing it.

Thank you,
Stephen

Twitch
11-17-2006, 03:27 PM
Generally a Basque beret, custom made for you in a shop in the Basque region of France, would be your best bet for a high quality beret. Traditionally though a man's beret will have a leather headband, cut and measured for your head right in the shop, in the interior and a woman's will not. Some French beret shops will not sell a woman's beret to a man or vice versa. Just be careful that it is actually a beret made in Basque and not just labeled as a Basque beret if you want a good quality one, but they can be expensive. I know that doesn't tell you what Alizée was wearing but if you really want a good beret it should help, and if it came from a small shop they probably don't make enough to sell them on the internet.

aFrenchie
11-17-2006, 03:44 PM
Don't come in France with a beret if you want to look like a French man! :eek: You'll be stared at with smiles and rolling eyes! :D It's 200% old fashioned now and only very old men (70-80 and more) still wear a beret nowadays. It still can be seen on women though, but in newest/modern shape. Still, very marginal...

Twitch
11-17-2006, 04:32 PM
You'll be stared at with smiles and rolling eyes! :D
We did the same when our instructor came back from a gallery opening he had in Paris and was wearing his newly purchased beret. And it was one of the larger ones more fashionable around the turn of the century, like Rodin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auguste_Rodin) wore.:D My friends(from highschool) all through university while I was studying fine arts kept bugging me about when I was going to buy one because they all had that stupid picture of an artist dressed in black and wearing a beret. :rolleyes: But I've never worried about fashion trends and have only worn a beret when it was required as part of a uniform, but I still sort of like the traditional Basque beret and if I actually decide to buy one will wear it, regardless...

C-4
11-22-2006, 02:11 PM
Thanks, everyone. I want one just like Alizée's as I play in a band that uses a beret part of the time as required stage dress, and I like the way her's looks. (Of course! Why wouldn't I like anything on Alizée?!)
I have searched the net and read up on them extensively, but Alizée's beret has some writing on the side of it and when I go to stop the video to see what it says on the band, it is blurred and not possible to detect.

It looks like a style called a Parisian beret, but it is a specific make as designated by the writing on the band on the side of the beret.

Can anyone stop the video of her and see the name written there?
Thanks again.
Stephen

Cooney
11-22-2006, 07:52 PM
I'm not entirely sure that's a name - to me it looks more like a bit of flair (bow, ribbon, band, something). If it is a name, the resolution on the video isn't sharp enough to read it I don't think - I've stopped it dead on a couple times with no luck even making out the shapes of letters.