PDA

View Full Version : [05-04-2013] ACDLA Acoustic Performance @ Le Grand Studio RTL

lapinschous
04-04-2013, 07:03 PM
Yaay!!! She's singing for real on this one ! :D

(btw hit subscribe ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHykGmGUa7k

User22
04-04-2013, 09:42 PM
Awesome performance. The fact that they got everyone to start clapping just sealed the deal :D

DrSmith
04-04-2013, 09:44 PM
:clap:__________

Merci Alizée
04-04-2013, 10:51 PM
Is it first proper performance of her own new songs since 2008? By proper performance I mean where she sings live, we get a decent video to listen to her voice.

texasguy
04-05-2013, 10:05 PM
Props for singing live and trying and all that, but honestly, she doesn't sound good at all right here. I just cringed through the entire thing.

Merci Alizée
04-05-2013, 10:18 PM
Props for singing live and trying and all that, but honestly, she doesn't sound good at all right here. I just cringed through the entire thing.

I might be wrong, but it seems that she is low on confidence and practice.

texasguy
04-05-2013, 10:57 PM
I might be wrong, but it seems that she is low on confidence and practice.

I think she lacks confidence when singing her own songs because she sounds great in her Les Enfoirés performances.

It's hard to watch her in performances like these, though. She seems very uncomfortable to me.

Merci Alizée
04-05-2013, 11:10 PM
I think she lacks confidence when singing her own songs because she sounds great in her Les Enfoirés performances.

It's hard to watch her in performances like these, though. She seems very uncomfortable to me.

I wonder why would she be uncomfortable while singing her own song. It's not that she would be singing it for first time. These songs should flow naturally for her.

Fall
04-05-2013, 11:36 PM
She seems very uncomfortable to me.
That's exactly what I thought when I watched it. Instead of imagining everybody in their underwear, it probably backfired on her :D :p

Topaz
04-06-2013, 12:19 AM
I find it to be incredulous that people can not read body language. It is very obvious that everyone on set was having a good time. Lack of confidence? no way. They all had fun doing this, it was very laid back and fun to be a part of.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m301/alizee_1984/small-1-2-1.gif

Corsaire
04-06-2013, 12:57 AM

Interesting observation. I wonder if she has any type of fear when defending her own material.

In any case, I mentioned before that I have always found Alizée’s live performances to be average at best and most often subpar. I also mentioned that her voice did seem to have improved as of late... Well, I am sorry to say this, but honestly, this rendition is really not even close to be of professional caliber. Alizée might have a nice voice as far as it being soothing with an interesting timber and delivery, but she is either technically limited, or she needs more training and/or confidence.

pepelepew
04-06-2013, 12:59 AM
Yea they were having fun, but her voice sounded flat and the acoustic guitar sounded off key or the singing was off key at times or both. It just wasn't in sink.When the instruments are guitars, especially acoustic with no percussion, any imperfections stand out. It really takes a tight ensomble to pull it off and they just didn't get it done to perfection. I feel really bad for Alizee.

SpanishFan
04-06-2013, 03:08 AM
Nice little performance, very enjoyable and fun to watch. Excellent work from the musicians, it is not the easiest song to play in acoustic with all the strings used in the album version, they did a very good job. I like the little percussion the guitarist added using his left foot during many parts of the song. With headphones is even better.
The other (good looking) girl also provides good backing vocals and good energy with her moves.

lapinschous
04-06-2013, 05:15 AM
Interesting observation. I wonder if she has any type of fear when defending her own material.

In any case, I mentioned before that I have always found Alizée’s live performances to be average at best and most often subpar. I also mentioned that her voice did seem to have improved as of late... Well, I am sorry to say this, but honestly, this rendition is really not even close to be of professional caliber. Alizée might have a nice voice as far as it being soothing with an interesting timber and delivery, but she is either technically limited, or she needs more training and/or confidence.

spot on Corsaire! Probably one of the best critics I've read so far. :)

Edit:

Oh BTW, Alizée makes a mistake @2:37 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHykGmGUa7k

She barely knows her songs by heart... :/

Jenny_HRO87
04-06-2013, 07:31 AM
Oh BTW, Alizée makes a mistake @2:37 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHykGmGUa7k

She barely knows her songs by heart... :/

and I thought I was the only one who noticed... well it's not the first time she's mixing up lyrics. Remember "Acoustic" when she mixed up JEAM and it was still incredibly cute? she's probably just nervous.

lapinschous
04-06-2013, 07:41 AM
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bqym-FRoJ0M

Oh yes, you're right! I remembered , she messed it up so badly that time, you could see the change in expression , she was like "okay just make it look like it was all planned, they don't know the lyrics anyway" . :D :D

Karin
04-06-2013, 11:50 AM
still better make mistakes, and playing its ok and it was ever so

lapinschous
04-06-2013, 12:03 PM
The funny thing is how talented she is making her mistakes go unnoticed :p

In 13 years, I haven't seen even one significant public blooper ^^

still better make mistakes, and playing its ok and it was ever so

Karin , you should stop using online translators for complicated sentences.^^ even if ,somehow, we manage to understand what you mean, the overall meaning of the phrase is lost. Better simple than unclear. :)

Karin
04-06-2013, 01:09 PM
The funny thing is how talented she is making her mistakes go unnoticed :p

In 13 years, I haven't seen even one significant public blooper ^^

Karin , you should stop using online translators for complicated sentences.^^ even if ,somehow, we manage to understand what you mean, the overall meaning of the phrase is lost. Better simple than unclear. :)

I dont use translator... simply, who wants, will understand