PDA

View Full Version : Alizée's Taste in Cars

riva2model64
11-18-2006, 10:34 AM
I've always been wondering what kinda cars she likes.

But I know she likes cars, because in L'alizé she drives the Lotus Esprit at 1000 kph and in J'en ai Marre she's fed up with people that drive too slow.

ok I know that wasn't a very informative thread but I had to post it.
maybe someone should delete it?

RMJ
11-18-2006, 10:42 AM
She loves '71 Hemi Cuda !

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/4125/hardcoremopar140qf1.jpg

( mostly because it's my favorite car. :p )

Spartan500
11-18-2006, 11:48 AM
I thought we had this talk already and afrenchie said that in france girls dont own sportscars(or something like that) to cybersoil. but i would think it would be hot if she drives a black nsx or black S2000 or black M3. O and just for the hell of it my favorite car is mitsubishi evo 8 mr FQ400

aFrenchie
11-18-2006, 12:13 PM
I thought we had this talk already and afrenchie said that in france girls dont own sportscars
Not exactly :)
I said that there aren't that "car cult" that exists in the USA in France, neither in most of Europe, and for that very reason, women in particular were very rarely interested in sport cars. Also a bit for a better "preservation" of their femininity ;). Of course, it didn't mean in any way that no woman will be fond of sport cars and won't buy one. It's just way way rarer than in the USA...

Spartan500
11-18-2006, 12:22 PM
o thanks for clearing that up, I knew it was something along those lines

NANAKI
11-18-2006, 05:50 PM
driving a little sports car doesn't take away any femininity I my mind it looks hot when they drive little sports cars

ps # 500

RMJ
11-18-2006, 06:08 PM
Not exactly :)
neither in most of Europe, a
Exclude the whole Scandinavia from that. :) Especially in Finland and Sweden they are big thing. Especially old (American) cars. Practically all guys and gals drools over the cars. :)

aditya8617
11-18-2006, 06:10 PM
driving a little sports car doesn't take away any femininity I my mind it looks hot when they drive little sports cars

ps # 500

for example Fast and Furious series!

nurvonic
11-18-2006, 06:34 PM
id like to see her drive a 2001 ford mustang SVT cobra convertable 4.6 liter 390 horse power super charged V8 with cold air intake

Rocket
11-18-2006, 07:19 PM
I drive a little red Chevy S-10 pick-up with a shell. Yee Ha!

Senshi87
11-18-2006, 08:18 PM
a MB CL 500 with alizée sitting in it with JBG playing loudly would fit so good, with her wearing a pair of nice sunglasses as well

riva2model64
11-18-2006, 10:02 PM
I'm agree heavily with spartan on this one

t'would be best if she drove in the NSX:wub:

after all it's got flip-up headlights (http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=23136&size=big&sort=1&cat=500)

guldebrett
11-18-2006, 10:52 PM
A friend of mine who lives in Paris once told me that he seen Alizee in a black sports car. I don't remember which kind but it was a Farrari or Lamborgini or something like that.

RMJ
11-18-2006, 11:12 PM
Well, sitting in some car doesn't exactly mean you like it. It's just transportation device after all.

I have been in my neighbor's Lamborghini Countach, too, and I still don't like it.

RMJ
11-18-2006, 11:19 PM
As well you might mention any of the other cars she's been into. Like the black Mercedes, the dark Renault, or any other of the several cars she's been in...

Since she doesn't have drivers licence and own car, it's pretty much impossible to say which car she likes.

Only time she has mentioned her taste of car is in one interview where she has to choose between two cars. She chooses Jeep. (that other was ummm... I don't know... Maybe some Renault ? )

edit:
Ok, the choices were actually Jeep, Jaguar and Fiat 500. And she chose, like said, Jeep.

nurvonic
11-18-2006, 11:28 PM
Since she doesn't have drivers licence and own car, it's pretty much impossible to say which car she likes.

you know this for sure? i doubt it. with the money she has im sure she at least bought a damn motor scooter

Spartan500
11-18-2006, 11:30 PM
rmj this was more of a fantasy thread and the countach does suck on top gear the guy said it was his childhood dream car and when he finally got to drive he said it was horrible and guldebrett that friend sounds a little like cybersoil lol

NANAKI
11-18-2006, 11:33 PM
My dream car and I would like to see Alizée drive or ride in it with me of course that is every fans dream.
http://www.autogaleria.pl/tapety/img/koenigsegg/koenigsegg_cc_2002_02_s.jpg

nurvonic
11-18-2006, 11:37 PM
no dude, its all about the roush!

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/05/2007-roush-stage-3-mustang.jpg

RMJ
11-19-2006, 12:19 AM
you know this for sure? i doubt it. with the money she has im sure she at least bought a damn motor scooter
It's not about money. It's about need of car. And as far as we know, she doesn't have driver license (tho, it's not impossible that she has it nowadays). Maybe someday we get new information that proves it wrong.

I don't have car either, even if I have money to buy one (I do have driver license, tho...). Not even scooter.

rmj this was more of a fantasy thread
Well... Read my first post on this thread. :blink:

The point was just that seeing Alizée in some car doesn't make it her favorite car, or doesn't make it her car.

nurvonic
11-19-2006, 12:27 AM
It's not about money. It's about need of car. And as far as we know, she doesn't have driver license (tho, it's not impossible that she has it nowadays). Maybe someday we get new information that proves it wrong.

I don't have car either, even if I have money to buy one (I do have driver license, tho...). Not even scooter.

Well... Read my first post on this thread. :blink:

The point was just that seeing Alizée in some car doesn't make it her favorite car, or doesn't make it her car.

RMJ you take things way too seriously..lol

RMJ
11-19-2006, 12:53 AM
Well, I take her seriously.

Spartan500
11-19-2006, 01:32 AM
lol and nurvonic that roush mustang would get destroyed by the wrc inspired 2.0 liter AWD turbocharged goodness that is the FQ400

nurvonic
11-19-2006, 02:43 AM
lol and nurvonic that roush mustang would get destroyed by the wrc inspired 2.0 liter AWD turbocharged goodness that is the FQ400

well i dont know anything about your lil engine,but the roush packs a supercharged V8 with 415 horse power

well i just googled it. it only packs 405 hp. i got you beat by 10 hp buddy

neoteny
11-19-2006, 10:44 AM
id like to see her drive a 2001 ford mustang SVT cobra convertable 4.6 liter 390 horse power super charged V8 with cold air intake

you suck...

riva2model64
11-19-2006, 11:01 AM
well i dont know anything about your lil engine,but the roush packs a supercharged V8 with 415 horse power

what about a good ol' fashioned 96' Dodge Viper GTS. a 450hp 8.0 liter engine derived from a cast-iron truck engine pioneered for use in a sports car with the help of a Ferrari engineer.

the vehicle is a true beauty

and click here for a rear view (http://viper.dragtimes.com/viper/hre/1996-Dodge-Viper-GTS-rearside_hre-sm.jpg)

on top of that it's got furious acceleration. (http://www.dragtimes.com/2002-Dodge-Viper-Videos-8095.html) (ok so maybe that's a turbo version but whatever)

ps. nurvonic the Honda NSX Type R would smash your mustang on the track, I'm not too sure about spart's mitsu thog

and come on nanaki the Bugatti Veyron is clearly the superior car (http://www.wallpaper.net.au/wallpaper/automotive/Bugatti%20Veyron%201%20-%201024x768.jpg)

neoteny
11-19-2006, 11:12 AM
i think a oldschool bug would suit Alizee jus fine.

orange2289
11-19-2006, 12:05 PM
I've always been wondering what kinda cars she likes.

But I know she likes cars, because in L'alizé she drives the Lotus Esprit at 1000 kph and in J'en ai Marre she's fed up with people that drive too slow.

ok I know that wasn't a very informative thread but I had to post it.
maybe someone should delete it?

What part of "I'm fed up" does she say she doesn't like people who drive slow. Can you point it out to me. I read the lyrics but I don't see it.

Spartan500
11-19-2006, 12:08 PM
dude nurvonic the FQ400 has awd it is tons more stable on a track not to mention but your roush weighs a lot more then the evo so 10 hp doesn't matter when I got you beat by like what more then 600 pounds and riva nsx-r is awesome

nurvonic
11-19-2006, 12:26 PM
dude nurvonic the FQ400 has awd it is tons more stable on a track not to mention but your roush weighs a lot more then the evo so 10 hp doesn't matter when I got you beat by like what more then 600 pounds and riva nsx-r is awesome

w/e dude youre just jealous..lol

i guess im not into asain cars. i like that american muscle. i hate those little asain cars, not to sound too racist

Simon
11-19-2006, 12:26 PM
I would mostly like to see her in a normal day-to-day car so that I know that she's still the down to earth girl that knew how to handle her succes instead of some idiotic pimped-up babe in a much-too fast and much-too-expensive sportscar that you can't even use to carry your groceries home.

So far my humble opinion (which doesn't mean that I don't like to look at a Ferrari or would like to take one for a drive, although I most certainly wouldn't ever want to own one).

Greetings, Simon

RMJ
11-19-2006, 12:59 PM

So... Basically 35 years old '71 Hemi Cuda beats them both. :blink:

It has 425 hp in stock version. Not tweaked, not supercharged... Actually, little tweaking were done to reduce it's power... It was necessary to do s for juridical reasons.

With simply fine tuning it's ignition, the power increases above 500 hp.

But as you might now... it's not just about the power in motor that matters... :blink:

What part of "I'm fed up" does she say she doesn't like people who drive slow. Can you point it out to me. I read the lyrics but I don't see it.
Qui ne roule qu'à 2 à l'heure

But it's metaphor... not something to take literally... And definately not about driving. :blink:

Spartan500
11-19-2006, 01:17 PM
yeah but rmj it gets like what 5 miles to the gallon and not to mention its suspension isn't the greatest even for it's time. even still hearing any powerful engine idle and then rev is incredible

RMJ
11-19-2006, 01:30 PM
Well, who cares ? You were comparing just the horse powers. :p

Hell yeah I know it's nothing in nowadays standards. It couldn't beat any modern car with half the HP if they'd race. It's 35 ears old for fucks sake. Even the best race cars from 70s had no chance against modern stock car. And Cuda was built to be muscle car. And nothing else. It has one of the most powerful car engine every build and that was the point of the car. Everything else, such as maneuverability and suspension was just secondary things...

It was built to offer raw power.

And that it did...

neoteny
11-20-2006, 09:45 AM
w/e dude youre just jealous..lol

i guess im not into asain cars. i like that american muscle. i hate those little asain cars, not to sound too racist

yeah but you still suck...

Sir Wood
11-20-2006, 08:59 PM
You'd think that she would have gotten a license by now. How important is getting a drivers license in Europe? Then again, you don't really need one when you can just get yourself a driver.

edit:
Ok, the choices were actually Jeep, Jaguar and Fiat 500. And she chose, like said, Jeep.
Just proves that the "Jeep Theory" works! :D

RMJ
11-21-2006, 05:37 AM
You'd think that she would have gotten a license by now. How important is getting a drivers license in Europe?
We have decent masstransportation systems here. Short distances. And most people are capable of using feet an bicycle if needed. So, no need for cars.

Especially if you live in the city. On country side it may be useful since there's the distances are bigger.

I know plenty of people who don't have license only because they never bothered to get it.

Ben
11-21-2006, 11:00 AM
Though she may have picked up a driving mentality in Corsica. You absolutely need a car there, and pretty much everyone has one.

RMJ
11-21-2006, 11:56 AM
Why need ?

Maybe if you'd live outside city. But if you live in Ajaccio, then why the need for car ?

Spartan500
11-21-2006, 12:03 PM
cause cars are awesome and they look cool well maybe half of them look cool lol

Ben
11-21-2006, 12:11 PM
Why need ?

Maybe if you'd live outside city. But if you live in Ajaccio, then why the need for car ?
As nice as Ajaccio is, it's still fairly small, so you can't spend all your time there. Besides, from what we've seen in clips like Passengers, she does appear to have lived outside downtown proper, perhaps along the Route des Sanguinaires. You can sail into town from there, but point is that if you live in Corsica, sooner or later you'll need or want to travel inland, and for that you'll have to have an auto. The public transpiration is infamously poor and confusing, with only one rickety train line, and different companies running each bus route. So it's car country, everyone has one. Hence why I say she may have picked up that mentality.

RMJ
11-21-2006, 12:18 PM
Well, maybe she would need if she'd live outside the town. But even going inland doesn't mean you need to have a car. You can always ask some friend.

Beside, she lives in Paris now. :p

Most people here has car, too. But you can easily survive without one. Me for example, I got no plans to get one.

Ben
11-21-2006, 12:24 PM
Right, but I wasn't saying she has to have one. The fact is that Corsica is a heavily car owning society, moreso than much of Europe, because the need for one is fairly high. So that lifestyle/philosophy may have rubbed off on her.

RMJ
11-21-2006, 12:32 PM
Well, it still doesn't mean that she needs to have even drivers license. I won't believe it before I see her driving a car or scan of her license. :)

But yea, we really don't know if she has license or not. Maybe we'll find that out in forthcoming interviews. :)

Ben
11-21-2006, 12:48 PM
Well, it still doesn't mean that she needs to have even drivers license. I won't believe it before I see her driving a car or scan of her license. :)
Or one could say they won't believe that she doesn't drive until they know for sure. But again, I wasn't trying to say that. I was just saying that if we're gonna look at the attitude of the French/Europeans toward cars as we were on the previous pages, then it's important to note that Alizée comes from a place that's a bit of an exception.

maareek
11-21-2006, 12:51 PM
Or one could say they won't believe that she doesn't drive until they know for sure. But again, I wasn't trying to say that. I was just saying that if we're gonna look at the attitude of the French/Europeans toward cars as we were on the previous pages, then it's important to note that Alizée comes from a place that's a bit of an exception.

I'm actually surprised you're still reiterating this. I think most of us understood what you were saying, but RMJ, in his usual style, wants to argue with you about it. I think that's what makes him interesting, he'll argue anything for long periods of time for seemingly no reason. ;p

Oh, and the fact that he seems to know everything there is to know about Alizée, but who here is interested in that, anyway? ;p

Ben
11-21-2006, 01:04 PM
Oh believe me, maareek, I know RMJ's style. :cool:
Which is why I can't let him have the last word when I'm so right. :p

RMJ
11-21-2006, 01:12 PM

Well, I don't see it that different. Like said, here basically everyone has car, too, but still some decides not to get one because it's not something you need to survive in your life. You can look us too as an exception: one of the biggest country in europe with one of the lowest population. That means that distances becomes huge and one might consider car to be the only way to survive in this urban jungle. But it isn't so.

So, you really can't assume her to fancy cars because she just happened to be born on Corsica. Maybe there's no gasoline on her veins after all.

And what comes to that proving that she does not drive... Well... It's just silly. :p If no-one has seen her driving, ain't that quite clear evidence of her not to drive ? :blink: Atleast it's highly more likely that she doesn't drive since seeing her not driving is highly more common than seeing her driving.

But who knows... Maybe she has license nowadays... She had few years vacation so she have had time to take the lessons. Atleast if she did it before child's birth.

maareek
11-21-2006, 01:13 PM
Oh believe me, maareek, I know RMJ's style. :cool:
Which is why I can't let him have the last word when I'm so right. :p

Haha, I understand your sentiment. But you won't win. ;p

RMJ
11-21-2006, 01:14 PM
Pfft... He won me last night... but only because he tricked me to say something against myself !

maareek
11-21-2006, 01:18 PM
Oh yeah, I saw that. Big props, snatcher. ;)

Ben
11-21-2006, 01:36 PM
So, you really can't assume her to fancy cars because she just happened to be born on Corsica.
I didn't. I said it could have. Or could not. We don't know.

RMJ, if Finland is another exception, then it's not a good example. Sir Wood was asking about Europe so he'd have an idea about the environment Alizée's in, and earlier aFrenchie was talking about the attitudes in France. So it's important to note that Corsica is different. How much weight you want to put on that fact is up to you. I never specified.

If no-one has seen her driving, ain't that quite clear evidence of her not to drive ? :blink:
No. It's only natural not to see someone driving as much. Most people spend more time walking, you're moving fast when driving, and for all we know she could have a car with tinted windows. Again, I don't think so myself, but your argument doesn't work.

But who knows... Maybe she has license nowadays... She had few years vacation so she have had time to take the lessons. Atleast if she did it before child's birth.
There was a rumor awhile back, late 2004 or early 2005 I think, saying exactly that. No way to know if it's true, of course, but then again no way to know if it isn't

Pfft... He won me last night... but only because he tricked me to say something against myself !
I wasn't trying to trick you. You honestly did that to yourself. Maybe because I was right again. :p

RMJ
11-21-2006, 01:54 PM
I didn't. I said it could have. Or could not. We don't know.

RMJ, if Finland is another exception, then it's not a good example. Sir Wood was asking about Europe so he'd have an idea about the environment Alizée's in, and earlier aFrenchie was talking about the attitudes in France. So it's important to note that Corsica is different. How much weight you want to put on that fact is up to you. I never specified.
Yea, but exception is exception. :)

But true, not whole Europe works the same way. But even if Corsica is an exception, she can be exception, too. Like said, you can't assume her having license because of her living location. There's much more unknown factors in that.

No. It's only natural not to see someone driving as much. Most people spend more time walking, you're moving fast when driving, and for all we know she could have a car with tinted windows. Again, I don't think so myself, but your argument doesn't work.
Yeah, but you see if she drives even half regulary someone would see her someday. Maybe that day is coming in future but well... till then... we don't know...

And I don't know why tinted glasses would be relevant since you couldn't tint the front glasses anyways. So, that's just silly argument. :p

There was a rumor awhile back, late 2004 or early 2005 I think, saying exactly that. No way to know if it's true, of course, but then again no way to know if it isn't
Yup.

I wasn't trying to trick you. You honestly did that to yourself. Again maybe because I was right. :p
Hmm... So you didn't win me... I win myself ! Youpi !

Ben
11-21-2006, 02:02 PM
But even if Corsica is an exception, she can be exception, too. Like said, you can't assume her having license because of her living location. There's much more unknown factors in that.
Yeah, but it's just as valid as the arguments we were making to the opposite effect (that she probably doesn't drive because that's just not something people do).

Yeah, but you see if she drives even half regularly someone would see her someday.
Given how little we see her period, it doesn't surprise me that we haven't yet.

And I don't know why tinted glasses would be relevant since you couldn't tint the front glasses anyways.
Um, one way glass.

Hmm... So you didn't win me... I win myself ! Youpi !
Well, the truth won. I just happened to be on the same team.

RMJ
11-21-2006, 02:10 PM
Given how little we see her period, it doesn't surprise me that we haven't yet.
True. But when we see her, she's always walking. :)

Um, one way glass.
Still illegal in most of the Europe, I believe.

Front glasses can be darkened only few percents. Too little to prevent anyway seeing into car.

Well, the truth won. I just happened to be on the same team.
Well, since it was me who won, it's ok. :p

And we really don't know that yet anyways. Since she has still almost 1 and half month left for this year and 12 full months for next year !

Ben
11-21-2006, 02:13 PM
And we really don't know that yet anyways. Since she has still almost 1 and half month left for this year and 12 full months for next year !
She could release an album tomorrow, and my point would still stand.

RMJ
11-21-2006, 02:16 PM
Well, I don't even remember what the point was. :blink:

I was just having an argument. :p

Ben
11-21-2006, 02:21 PM
Well, I don't even remember what the point was. :blink:

I was just having an argument. :p
Maybe that's why you lost. :cool:

RMJ
11-21-2006, 02:27 PM
Nah, I didn't lose. Like you said, I beat myself. :p

Ben
11-21-2006, 02:31 PM
Nah, I didn't lose. Like you said, I beat myself. :p
Nope, like I said, you were beaten by something even more powerful: the truth.

RMJ
11-21-2006, 02:32 PM
Well, technically you didn't say it out loud but that's what you thought. And thought counts.

aFrenchie
11-21-2006, 02:35 PM
and earlier aFrenchie was talking about the attitudes in France.
Let me be more precise on what I said about cars in France. When I said that we don't have that "car cult" here didn't mean that you'll find lots of people without a car. Far from it! It's just about the passion of having a big car, or a sportcar, or expensive fancy car, etc...
It's more like a tool here, like just a fridge or a mower. And nothing more. But absolutely everybody, with very rare exception, has a car right after 18-19 years old, when you get the license.

On that subject, I forgot to reply to this the other day:
I would mostly like to see her in a normal day-to-day car so that I know that she's still the down to earth girl that knew how to handle her succes instead of some idiotic pimped-up babe in a much-too fast and much-too-expensive sportscar that you can't even use to carry your groceries home.

So far my humble opinion (which doesn't mean that I don't like to look at a Ferrari or would like to take one for a drive, although I most certainly wouldn't ever want to own one).
I wanted to say that it's also exactly the feeling about cars in France.
There even was a mockery proverb (that applied to men only of course) that said: "big car, tiny [you-guess-what]" :D. Of course, I must not exaggerate either, and you'll find lots of big cars everywhere anyway...

Ben
11-21-2006, 02:37 PM
Well, technically you didn't say it out loud but that's what you thought. And thought counts.
I didn't think that. :blink:

RMJ
11-21-2006, 02:42 PM
"big car, tiny [you-guess-what]"
Tiny gear stick ?

Because I think you are right... And I wonder what's that about... Like all the expensive cars has so tiny gear stick it's hard to handle ! :blink: I remember the days when we had Lada and it had huge gear stick to grab on. And it was very solid, no fear that it would broke or anything.

I didn't think that. :blink:
Yea, easy to say now ! But you didn't write it down that you didn't thought it so there's no way to prove that you didn't think of it.

aFrenchie
11-21-2006, 02:46 PM
Tiny gear stick ?
No :). Remember, it applies to men only ;)

Ben
11-21-2006, 02:47 PM
Thanks aFrenchie. I understood, but thanks for the clarification. Not everyone in America is car crazy, you know... a lot of us think of them the same way you do - as a tool.

Yea, easy to say now ! But you didn't write it down that you didn't thought it so there's no way to prove that you didn't think of it.
And no way to prove that I did. But I did then write the thing about the truth, so better quit now cause me and the truth, we're tight.

EDIT: And now I gotta go to dinner before the restaurants close, so ciao.

RMJ
11-21-2006, 02:55 PM
No :). Remember, it applies to men only ;)

Tiny wallet ?

That's true, too. Most of men does have tiny. Like one that fits only credit card or so. They don't like carry coins and stuff in it.

And no way to prove that I did. But I did then write the thing about the truth, so better quit now cause me and the truth, we're tight.
Well, there's no way to prove that she has license either... So, you saying that you didn't think what I said is about as relevant as saying that she might have a license. Pretty much speculating both, I think.

And remember that the truth is out there !

Have a nice dinner... and take photo if you see Alizée driving a car !

Ben
11-21-2006, 02:58 PM
and take photo if you see Alizée driving a car !
I did, but she asked that I not share it. :p

RMJ
11-21-2006, 03:05 PM
Yea, I totally know what you mean. I got bunch of photos, too, from our private photo shooting which she didn't wanna share with others. :blink:

aFrenchie
11-21-2006, 03:15 PM
Tiny wallet ?
No, it's more physical ;). Something that women don't have :rolleyes:

RMJ
11-21-2006, 03:18 PM
Short hair ?

Yea, true that, too. Plenty of men has short/tiny hair but most women don't have, they are more into long hair. Tho, of course there's exceptions.

aFrenchie
11-21-2006, 03:44 PM
Short hair ?
Hehe, ok, now I see you're playing with me ;). Too bad, I would have liked to hear your comments about the real thing... :p

brad
11-21-2006, 03:51 PM
that 'theory' also applies here in the USA aFrenchie. :)

aFrenchie
11-21-2006, 04:00 PM
that 'theory' also applies here in the USA aFrenchie. :)
You mean, same "proverb"? :D

RMJ
11-21-2006, 04:07 PM
You mean, same "proverb"? :D
Yea, it's used here too.

And yea, I was playing with you...r...

Sir Wood
11-22-2006, 08:06 PM
Thanks aFrenchie. I understood, but thanks for the clarification. Not everyone in America is car crazy, you know... a lot of us think of them the same way you do - as a tool.

I guess I would fall under this category. I'm still driving my '95 Escort. Even though I've the money to buy a new car and often think of doing just that, I continue to put money down for car repairs/maintenance.

Like my father said, "A car just gets you from point A to point B." How ironic that some times he tells me that I need to go get a new car. :blink:

BTW, do we need Moe to put his "End Thread" here since we've "driven" way off the initial discussion? :eek::D

Spartan500
11-22-2006, 08:23 PM
no this thread will die on it's own and im positive that im a car enthusiast(wow i think i spelled that right) I want a car that will get me from point A to point B fast really fast