PDA

View Full Version : Moi.. Lolita cover - Lolita Jolie

Jenny_HRO87
05-03-2013, 09:05 AM
ok I don't know if this is the right section but a friend of mine just shared this on facebook...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4x22XaALmH4&feature=player_embedded

Apparently some to me completely unknown singer covered Moi... Lolita.

I don't know what you guys think about this but meh.... I think she ruined a perfect song...

Scruffydog777
05-03-2013, 11:06 AM
Well it's been about 13 years since Alizee first sung this song and I've been worried about someone else singing it and maybe doing a good job at it. Now I was tempted to turn this off after about 20 seconds, but I hung in there and the pace picked up and it sounded better, but it is no Alizee. It wasn't bad. It might have appeal to some people, but it did pale in comparison to Alizee and it might have done us a good service. As I said, I was worried about someone else doing it and I'm sure someone else might have done a much better job of it, but now that this mediocre version is posted, it might keep others from doing it for a while.

Plaz
05-03-2013, 11:28 AM
If this was 2004-05 i would have probably liked this... but this sounds like someone took a kids play keyboard, had a horrible one night stand, and recorded it all with logic on a mac.

Marka
05-03-2013, 01:09 PM
Without singing, the start reminded me of ImRawdg's remixes, though he would do a much better job overall. I agree with Plaz - kids on keyboards and a one night stand (lol?).

About singing, I agree with Scruffy.

Lili4ever
05-03-2013, 02:08 PM
lol she doesn't even look like lolita. I don't think there will ever be a lolita as good as Alizee. MF perfected lolita image and Alizee should get an Oscar award for playing that image perfectly. I don't know why Scruffy is worried.

Araz77
05-04-2013, 04:32 AM
Its just Auto tuned, make it stop, make it stop.Thumbs up for trying.

lapinschous
05-04-2013, 09:07 AM
Her mouth scares me. O,O

Marka
05-04-2013, 03:38 PM
Her mouth scares me. O,O

Tooooo many face shoots!

Sagittarius
05-04-2013, 04:49 PM
Her mouth scares me. O,O
I think so too. This combining of music done with this performance shit. The original is the best

Fall
05-04-2013, 06:05 PM
For the first 45 seconds, I didn't really like it. Then when the chorus came, it was starting to grow on me. But then at the one minute mark and onwards, any chances of me liking the cover simply died. Nice try, I liked the chorus, but the rest, just no.

Thanks for sharing it though :)

Marka
05-04-2013, 07:20 PM
For the first 45 seconds, I didn't really like it. Then when the chorus came, it was starting to grow on me. But then at the one minute mark, any chances of me liking the cover simply died. Nice try, the I liked the chorus, but the rest, just no.

Thanks for sharing it though :)

First 45 seconds are the only thing I like about this cover :)

Wizard
05-05-2013, 01:24 AM
Just dreadful, 'nough said.