PDA

View Full Version : Is it me or are we starting to drift?

Rocket
11-19-2006, 09:19 AM
I've been watching these forums and we're now talking about health foods, what kind of car would Lili drive, who speaks the best french, what would it be like to hang out with Aliz'ee and so on.

I guess it's because we haven't heard ANYTHING about Aliz'ee. This girl has just seemed to have dropped out of site. Nothing in the entertainment news about a new album. The only grasp is a handwritten note that was written years ago and even that could be a fake.

I realize I'll more than likely draw a lot of nasty remarks but I'm just saying what's on my mind. The fact is, I'm mad at Aliz'ee. She has to know that fans still exist. Not one single word...anything would do....'I'm working on a new album'...I'm not doing that anymore'......'Go get a life people and leave me alone'. Anything! Not even a quote from her about her song being in The Good Year. I'm sure it would've been posted if she did. I guess the last straw came when I read about Jessica. How conversations with Aliz'ee became rarer and rarer, and finally Aliz'ee disconnected her phone. I can understand the reason why she had it disconnected but she could've still gave the new one to Jessica.

Ok, I'm done now. Let the attacks on me begin.

Cooney
11-19-2006, 09:50 AM
I won't attack you, but I will say don't be mad. Alizée has always been far more private than any American pop star ever even has the option to be, and it isn't surprising to me at all that she isn't out there talking about stuff a lot. She's never been one to put her personal life out in the open, nor should she.

Also, for what it's worth, that hand written note was not years ago. It was March 31 of this year, 2006. Mention of her does pop up here and there in passing sentences in the French media too. It's the usual rumors and whispers, but until there is something official to confirm, I would rather not know, than be told something that later turns out untrue.

atra201
11-19-2006, 10:02 AM
I've been watching these forums and we're now talking about health foods, what kind of car would Lili drive, who speaks the best french, what would it be like to hang out with Aliz'ee and so on.

I guess it's because we haven't heard ANYTHING about Aliz'ee. This girl has just seemed to have dropped out of site. Nothing in the entertainment news about a new album. The only grasp is a handwritten note that was written years ago and even that could be a fake.

I realize I'll more than likely draw a lot of nasty remarks but I'm just saying what's on my mind. The fact is, I'm mad at Aliz'ee. She has to know that fans still exist. Not one single word...anything would do....'I'm working on a new album'...I'm not doing that anymore'......'Go get a life people and leave me alone'. Anything! Not even a quote from her about her song being in The Good Year. I'm sure it would've been posted if she did. I guess the last straw came when I read about Jessica. How conversations with Aliz'ee became rarer and rarer, and finally Aliz'ee disconnected her phone. I can understand the reason why she had it disconnected but she could've still gave the new one to Jessica.

Ok, I'm done now. Let the attacks on me begin.
huuum
well first a good mind is in a good body and that you can get by good food
and second that was what i was talking about in some of my posts but ppl thought i was being funny. like a strike and we tell the press about it for example btw i totally agree with Rocket. btw how could a star disappear from the sky the press should've done something with out intruding on Alizée's life.
ps for those who do not have french letters you can copy the word Alizée from the forum heading.

neoteny
11-19-2006, 11:04 AM
quit whining! PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE! it'll pay off. now relax. whoa, i said a mouthfull didnt i.

Cooney
11-19-2006, 11:05 AM
for those who do not have french letters you can copy the word Alizée from the forum heading.

To get the "é" in Alizée on a Windows based American system, the code is ALT130 (hold the Alt key, type 1 3 0). I've been typing it so much recently, it's almost second nature to me now :-P The capital version of it, É, is ALT0201.

On keyboards in countries with more prevalent use of accent marks, do you have seperate keys for the accented letters, or is there a second key you hold to get a given accent, or how does that work? I know you don't have to type in ASCII, that would drive a person insane :-P

Luc
11-19-2006, 11:22 AM
I understand your reaction Rocket and I won't attack you. Personally I'm not mad at Alizée. She wants to keep her private life private and she isn't continuously looking for publicity like many other popstarts do.
But I agree with you a small message to the fans would have been nice. As far as I know the songs for her third album are finished but it's difficult to find a record company that is willing to produce it. But nothing has been confirmed officially :( It would have been nice if she had given her fans some short update after the message that she wrote in march.

I think it's logical that fans are posting more and more in off-topic threads. What else can we do, being deprived of anything new :confused: Most of my own posts are off-topic :rolleyes: But I will keep waiting for her comeback and I will remain fan of hers, whatever happens :)

About Jessica: she is a member of Alizee Alliance and she is still posting a lot there (I'm a member there too). I don't know exactly what happened, why she lost contact with Alizée. But Jessica is certainly not mad at Alizée. She is still as much a fan as she was in 2003 and she defends her through thick and thin :)

Senshi87
11-19-2006, 11:26 AM
dont be mad, i think with the early career Alizée had, she deserves private time and a break from the music business.Give her the time and the people working with the new album, they need.
"Den som väntar på något gott väntar aldrig för länge."
Its a swedish saying, which i think exists in english as well, basically meaning "the one waiting for something good never waits too long".
=)

NANAKI
11-19-2006, 11:41 AM
We just have to wait and occupy or time that is all patience is a virtue not to be confused with virtü.

p.s. nevermind about the virtü

garçoncanadien
11-19-2006, 12:25 PM
Cooney, the French use something called an AZERTY keyboard, which contains all necessary accents. ASCII is not necessary for French computer users.

http://imgs.logitheque.com/imgl/10786.gif

nurvonic
11-19-2006, 12:39 PM
ill take the brad route and just say patience is a virtue :cool:

nate714
11-19-2006, 12:44 PM
I think you need to stop treating her like a pop idol and realize that she is a person like you and me, with great talent and personality.

She has a family that takes priority over the world's fans. She'll come out again when and if she is ready.

Senshi87
11-19-2006, 12:55 PM
is yours a AZERTY keyboard? :D we have QWERTY keyboard :D

mibir
11-19-2006, 01:00 PM
Is it me or did we have one of these threads like two weeks ago?

And Rocket, a letter that she sent YEARS ago? Don't you think you're getting a bit...dramatic ;).

nate714
11-19-2006, 01:01 PM
is yours a AZERTY keyboard? :D we have QWERTY keyboard :D

if I understand right, he was comparing AZERTY to ASCII, like their text is formatted differently on a computer. I dunno, I've never used a computer outside of the US.

RMJ
11-19-2006, 01:15 PM
Cooney, the French use something called an AZERTY keyboard, which contains all necessary accents. ASCII is not necessary for French computer users.
ASCII is charset, not key layout. They have nothing in common.

Alternatives for ASCII is such as Latin-1, UTF-8, Shift_JIS... They are all ways to encode text in binary form.

Twitch
11-19-2006, 02:35 PM
I don't want to start a keyboard discussion again, we had it here: http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthread.php?p=11001#post10993
But those keyboards have dead keys for accents, you press the accent key and nothing happens until you press another key. The accent is then applied to the key you press(only for vowels, in French anyway). The most common accented characters though have keys as well. Like the É key on the French Canadian QWERTY keyboard that I have mine set at. But for all other characters not on the keyboard you still need the ALT codes, to insert the characters.

And Rocket it's not just you, we are drifting but never too far away that we can't keep an eye on Alizée, Dotty Old Man complained about it as well. http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthread.php?t=671&highlight=drifting+topic

PS: For those of you who don't want the expense of a new keyboard or the confusion of not having all the keys marked you can buy stickers for the keys that are changed and add them to your keyboard, I don't use them but they are available.

RMJ
11-19-2006, 03:36 PM
I don't want to start a keyboard discussion again, we had it here: http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthread.php?p=11001#post10993
But those keyboards have dead keys for accents, you press the accent key and nothing happens until you press another key. The accent is then applied to the key you press(only for vowels, in French anyway).

I have two accent keys two in my Finnish layout. :) Only French accent I can't do is the cedilla. For that I need ALT codes.

The most common accented characters though have keys as well. Like the É key on the French Canadian QWERTY keyboard that I have mine set at. But for all other characters not on the keyboard you still need the ASCII codes, or alternatives, to insert the characters.

No, not ASCII code. ALT codes. That's whole another thing again. ALT codes can refer to ASCII chars but in most case they refers to some other characters. The whole reason why ALT codes exists is that ASCII can only have 128 different caharcters (it's 7-bit system). And 35 or so of those 128 is used for special characters like enter, space, escape, line feed, new line... Extended ASCII charset has 256 characters (8-bit system). But problem with extended ASCII is that it isn't standard. It changes depending on the OS, platform, software... But that has nothing to do with keyboard again. Keyboard doesn't give a shit what the charset is really. It's OS's job to take care of it.

aFrenchie
11-19-2006, 04:30 PM
I'm ok about being upset because of no news from her, or even if some of you want to kill her for that (well, in fact no :D). But what's the problem about being off topic??? :confused: I mean even if she were coming back right now, and if we had lots of news, we should still have lots of off topic discussions, right? Or should we have to stop them instantly?
There's a "General discussion" or "Off topic" section in all forums, no matter what the general subject is (game, fansite, etc).

RMJ
11-19-2006, 04:38 PM
Lol guys... I think you are the problem. :blink:

There's plenty of things to talk about. And why should we only talk about her ? There's other things in the life, too. And even I am capable of talking about them. Even tho she's on my mind all the time doesn't mean that I have to talk about her all the time.

And why shouldn't we talk about her cars ? Or her baby's diapers ? If they creates conversation, then what's wrong about them ? If you are just interested of the facts and not about conversation, then I suggest you read through the dozens of Alizée sites or maybe AF forum to get info about her, and just ignore the conversations. Should keep you busy few days without having to read off topic conversations.

bt_bird_90
11-19-2006, 05:05 PM
Sure, some of the threads can get annoying, but keep the Off Topic threads in the "Off Topic" section and there's no problem.

Be upset if you want, I'm not one to tell you how to feel, but Alizée owes us nothing. I agree that the status of celebrity comes with a new lifestyle, but she is a human being first and nowhere does it say she is required to hop on moi-alizee.us to calm anxious fans' nerves. She has all the rights you have, that doesn't change because she is famous. In no way does she have to keep us informed of what's she's doing. Sure, it could get momentum going for album sales, but it's not one of her "responsibilities" as an artist. If people want to get upset, I say let the people be upset, if they can't grasp that people need time to do what they do, then tough, let 'em leave. As for crashing her career, yeah, it's a smart move to keep people informed, but imo, with talent like hers, marketing is something that helps the artist sell, not the other way around.

Be patient when looking towards the future, focus on what she's already done for you.

/rant

Rocket
11-19-2006, 11:38 PM
I disagree. When you take a role of a celebrity, you do have a responsibility to your fans. There are many stars that have a private life with their families and a public life with their profession. Not being in touch with your fans can cause certain disaster. I'm not saying I've turned my back on Aliz'ee, if and when her new album comes out, I will buy it. I'm just saying let us know. I'm not saying call a press conference. In fact, I'm surprised that not one reporter has anything to report on her. I'm a private person myself but if I was a celebrity and I didn't want to be 'in the business' anymore, all I would need to do is to make one phone call to one reporter. It would be in the news and that would be the end of it. But she just dropped out of site. No news, not even a word in the scandal rags. POOF! SHE'S GONE! The only tabloid picture I've seen is her with her daughter in an airport. The only thing it said was that Aliz'ee was seen. If her intention is to quit the biz and be a devoted wife and mother, my heart goes with her. If she wants to revive her singing career, I'm behind her all the way. Just let us know.

Think of it this way...If a loved one disappeared without a trace, the emptiness you'd feel would be devastating. At some point, you want closure. Even if it's news that your loved one has died. At least you would know and you can move on. Aliz'ee has stopped singing. Her voice is now stilled. We, being fans, feel emptiness. We just want to know if this is the end. If it is, then we wish our Lili all the best and we will keep her in our thoughts and prayers. We will continue to listen to her music and watch her videos. But if a new album is on the horizon, we want to rejoice and celebrate with her.

Aliz'ee, we who love your music just want to know one way or the other.

RMJ
11-20-2006, 01:14 AM
Aliz'ee, we who love your music just want to know one way or the other.
Well, it's your lucky day then ! In March 2006 she sent out letter saying that she's working on new album !

And that's pretty much all we need to know. If she doesn't wanna tell anything else then it's her business and we respect it. Let her have her time and space until she's ready to come to the public again.

Cooney
11-20-2006, 04:25 AM

http://imgs.logitheque.com/imgl/10786.gif

Thanks for the pic garçoncanadien, I was curious :-) I remember when I went to England there were a couple changes that caught me offguard (though they were entirely logical). I knew the French one had to be different, as ours is based entirely on frequency of letter usage in American English, and wouldn't make the same sense for others.

newalizeefan
11-20-2006, 04:32 AM
the thing i find disturbing is how she sent in that letter, but theres almost no news/apperances of her. the latest picture we have is the one when she was on the beach with that lateita girl. and she hasnt said anything to her fans in a long time... and the only news we really get is anything jeremy spits out.
but i believe she will be back soon, and im hoping its anytime this year or VERY VERY early next year.

RMJ
11-20-2006, 05:08 AM
as ours is based entirely on frequency of letter usage in American English,
That actually is funny thing. You would think that they are set so it's fastest to type, would you not ? But infact they aren't.

Your logic is right, tho. They are set based on frequency of usage. But the layout was designed before computers, for mechanical typing machines. And typing machines had one serious problem. When you hit two letters that was located next to each other, you could jam it. So, the letters was spread out so the most frequently used keys are atleast 1 letter apart from each other. That solved the problem with jamming type machines but made new problem, horribly illogical keyboard and that wasn't the fastest possible to use. Altho, it's pretty easy to learn and archive quite good speed with regular QWERTY board.

But there is more efficient layouts for English. And since computers don't have the jamming problem, they can be easily used. The most well known is Dvorak layout. It is without a doubt the best layout for English text. It can increase your typing speed tens of percents.

Similar layout exists also for French and many other languages.

Cooney
11-20-2006, 05:13 AM
Yeah, the history of keyboard layout is a funny one. Having used a QWERTY my whole life I'm pretty happy with it, and don't mind having letters spaced out a bit. I can type about 70 words per minute as is, so am relatively content. Of course, if I were to get used to a newer, more efficient layout, I'd probably like that one just as much :-)

bt_bird_90
11-20-2006, 05:19 AM
I like the QWERTY set up because you can quickly pick out hardcore FPS players by the WASD keys that have been rubbed smooth :p

aFrenchie
11-20-2006, 05:23 AM
Yet another thread turning into a keyboard discussion :D
Rocket is gonna appreciate it ;) (hug to Rocket :))

(maybe Brad should create a keyboard sub-forum :D)

RMJ
11-20-2006, 05:50 AM
I like the QWERTY set up because you can quickly pick out hardcore FPS players by the WASD keys that have been rubbed smooth :p

It's not just their problem. :p

I don't play games and still one keyboard literally melt... And my current isn't isn't in perfect condition either. :) Notice especially ctrl and shift that are almost wore through. :blink: They damages the easiest since my palm is almost all the time over them.

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/1904/dscf0251qn7.jpg

(btw.. in that you see Finnish layout. :p Tho, the upper keyboard isn't standard layout.. It's some cheap ass keyboard.. Modified maybe from American layout to scandinavian... and it has 3 extra buttons which I surgically removed. :blink: They were really evil buttons, like "shut down" and "sleep mode" !!! I once hit "shut down" when I tried to hit "print scrn"... sigh... )

aFrenchie
11-20-2006, 06:02 AM
I don't play games and still one keyboard literally melt... And my current isn't isn't in perfect condition either. :)
You're not a player and the WASD keys are almost erased? :D

bt_bird_90, for us AZERTY users, it's ZQSD ;)

RMJ
11-20-2006, 07:42 AM
You're not a player and the WASD keys are almost erased? :D

There's logical explanation. :p You see... That area of keyboard has some very important keys like A Z É E... Also L is in pretty bad shape, as well the right bottom corner of I. :rolleyes: Also A and C is very important combination for me so the C has disappeared. :D

But yea, I don't play games. Well, except Tetris occasionally. And one car game but it uses only the arrow keys. :)

Seapaddler
11-29-2006, 01:08 AM
Although I haven't been a fan for long, I have had to absorb a lot of information about her in a short time. Something that is quite apparent to me regarding her low profile is that Alizée obviously got into the music business very young and knew nothing about it. Mylène Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat did absolutely everything for her regarding her career, publicity, public relations, what to wear, what to sing, what to say, when to say it etc. Every detail was taken care of by other people.

Now, from my understanding Mylène is no longer involved in the "project" she started 6+ years ago. Alizée is on her own more or less, she is probably extremely overwelmed and perhaps a bit lost on how to handle everything, hence the lack of publicity and communication, it will take time. She hasn't had to be deeply involved with the business end of her career until recently so we need to give her the benefit of a doubt and just be patient.

Rocket as far as a fan forum going astray, a forum is a gathering of like-minded people. Sure we all have one thing in common, but people will discuss more than just the subject at hand, that's what is special about it. Alizée's talent and superb personality brought people from all walks of life to site's like this all around the web. We're here to share our common ground and more along the way. It's what a forum is for.

newalizeefan
11-29-2006, 04:21 AM
Yet another thread turning into a keyboard discussion :D
Rocket is gonna appreciate it ;) (hug to Rocket :))

(maybe Brad should create a keyboard sub-forum :D)

haha...and to think i didnt even notice that thread was going off-topic until this you said it.... its like having a conversation, you will start off talking about i dunno (lets say 'girls') next thing you know your talking about french baguettes and christmas songs.... dont ask me i just said what popped into my mind. actually french baguettes because alizee was eating it with her nutella and christmas songs because its on my tv.

but to be on topic. yes we are starting to drift....well some of us. its only noticable now because shes not back YET.... but when she comes back and were still drifting off-topic, nobody would even care to notice.

atra201
11-29-2006, 10:42 AM
how could this turn out to be about keyboards i just said copy and paste? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Señor Villa
11-30-2006, 01:13 AM
Speaking of keyboards and trying to get back into the original topic. I use my keyboard to say be patient and when Alizée is ready to announce what her plans are she will do it. We cannot demand answers from her. I guess everyone would rather have a CD of fillers than quality. Then people will complain that they waited for nothing. I can wait, Alizée is not obligated to say anything to anyone.

Rocket
11-30-2006, 07:02 AM
Now, from my understanding Mylène is no longer involved in the "project" she started 6+ years ago. Alizée is on her own more or less, she is probably extremely overwelmed and perhaps a bit lost on how to handle everything, hence the lack of publicity and communication, it will take time. She hasn't had to be deeply involved with the business end of her career until recently so we need to give her the benefit of a doubt and just be patient.

I've run this through my mind also. When she came to Paris, she was an aspiring dancer. When her talent for singing became known, that's when her popularity soared. It could be she was extremely unhappy. She may have been under contract with Myl'ene and others and had to fulfill an obligation. If her second album didn't do as well and her DVD did even less. (it wasn't a sell out concert) it could be that Myl'ene and Polymor decided to drop her and cut their losses. After all, their focus is making money.

Many stars, including here in the USA, are also talented artists in the art and music world but are known best for their acting abilities. Larry Fine, one of the Three Stooges was an accomplished violinist. Groucho Marx, the oldes of the Marx Brothers, was an excellent writer and wrote many books. All the money that he earned writing went to charity.

rcs
11-30-2006, 07:06 AM
Maybe, it's because we believe in Alizee that she can deliver the goods that she really is taking her time to do things right. I hope that is what is taking so long...perfection.

atra201
11-30-2006, 03:07 PM
Is it me or are we starting to drift.

No it is just you Rocket. :p
:D :D :D :D :D :D
(just waiting for the video page to open).