PDA

View Full Version : Interview - TribuMove magazine May 2013

Ray4AJ
05-11-2013, 09:11 PM
There is an interview in this on-line magazine on pages 6-8

There is a download link provided in the viewer.

http://www.calameo.com/read/0006108356fe3ace14014

Can anyone translate or at least give a summary?

lapinschous
05-11-2013, 10:46 PM
The interview isn't that interesting... she mostly says things we already know.

But basically she explains that this album is much more "personal" and direct, that she didn't want to be ambiguous in her songs and chose to be frank using simple words.

The only two things that are to me worth mentionning are the question about Jenifer's new album ( Jenifer who is said to have copied everything from Alizée in her own new album ) and her opinion about France and gay marriage.

Did you heard about Jenifer releasing "Ma Déclaration" her new album that pays tribute to France Gall ?

Alizée - Okay , here's my question: Has she ever talked about , or even mentionned France Gall in the past? I think that when someone releases a cover album it's because we've always been inspired by those songs . For example, I've always talked about Madonna, that's why I sang "La Isla Bonita" and it wouldn't surprise anyone if I made an album featuring Madonna songs because she's someone that I've always admired. Someone should ask Jenifer if she listened to France Gall since she was born... I would normally have thought that she was rather into Lenny Kravitz's style. But I have to admit that choosing France Gall is a good idea since JJ Goldman and her are the two artists we hear the most about in France...

[I]Are you in favor of same-sex marriage? Did you understand what all the fuss was about ?

- No! It doesn't feel like we're living in 2013 , that's crazy! It revived homophobia and fractured France. For my part, I won't say it enough: My goddaughter's mother, who's my cousin , is a lesbian and live with her girlfriend. I don't even ask myself whether it's good or bad, because for me it seems normal, it's not an illness... It seems logic that we should all be equal. The same goes for gay parents since my goddaughter isn't mentally ill... I'm more surprised when people say that it's abnormal, it's weird that we even have to discuss it.

Okay , it's 5 a.m. over here and I'm seriously sleepy but i'll do a few more questions that could be worth translating...

Have someone ever proposed you to walk down the catwalk for a designer ?

I'd love it, but no one ever proposed me... Maybe because I was too young , but now maybe that I'm too old.. (laughing) [things would have been different had she been a bit taller, but we love her the way she is!] . My image evolves with the girl [funny how she always refers to herself as a girl and not a woman] . I don't feel that comfortible wearing dresses and heels, but I know when to wear them. Slim jeans and high heel sneakers, that's the real me. !

Is there a part of your body that hasn't been yet tattooed

(Massive giggling , uncontrollable laughter... ) ... My legs... but I've still have some blank areas to fill on my arm . It's like a drug, you always say that you'll stop at some point.. but you don't.

What's your opinion on the music industry [in france]

I'm quite optimistic because people still love music. I like artists who dare taking risks because it's underscored [?]... [not sure of what she meant ...] . The ones who're satisfied in doing the same thing again and again.. okay it works for a while , but just like everything , people end up getting tired of it.

okay... if you guys have questions about her others answers let me know, but I can assure you that it's nothing particularly interesting

Ray4AJ
05-11-2013, 10:56 PM
Thanks as always Lapinschous!

Fall
05-11-2013, 11:15 PM
Thanks lappy, hopefully soon she'll start promotion in Mexico* and you'll be able to take a break from translating things, and I will take it from there :)
*And elsewhere, pleeeease go elsewhere :pray:

Un-rêve
05-11-2013, 11:38 PM
Thanks Lapinschous!

I'm sure Alizée will always be forever young. :wub:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gNcQDY963g

lapinschous
05-12-2013, 07:58 AM
*And elsewhere, pleeeease go elsewhere :pray:

I wish she could regain her celebrity in germany... :pray: There's a huge potential fanbase awaiting there, and germans like the kind of modern/retro music she's doing in her new album !

Euphoria
05-12-2013, 11:32 AM
I thought she and Jenifer were pretty good friends. She seems a little miffed about her doing a France Gall album.