PDA

View Full Version : Bad news .

lapinschous
05-19-2013, 03:25 PM
http://www.metrofrance.com/culture/demarrage-catastrophe-pour-le-nouvel-album-d-alizee/mmdc!BzPHJDcQYOLlc/

"Alizée disliked by the general public. Time for a job change ?"

"The worst album launch of her career"

" The album is already out of the top 100 , could it be the final blow to her career as a singer? "

http://www.rtl.be/people/people/news/753467/alizee-son-retour-fait-un-flop-total-

"Alizée: Her comeback is a total flop !"

"Her sales are just as bad as the critics"

http://www.closermag.fr/people/news-people/retour-en-demi-teinte-pour-alizee-143626

"After the successive commercial failures of her previous two albums , the singer took the time to prepare her comeback... Too much time maybe."

"The worst is to fear for the future "

:nervous::nervous::nervous:

So many bad critics... I'm really starting to be concerned about her contract with sony. I really hope she's not gonna withdraw from the music industry altogether :fear:

Karin
05-19-2013, 03:58 PM
you ever must post the worst things...

lapinschous
05-19-2013, 04:02 PM
you ever must post the worst things...

Just like all fans, we tend to ignore the negative aspects and focus on what cheers us up , the good news , good critics etc. Even if I hate it I take some of the responsibility to share some of the stuff that is being said OUTSIDE the fan sphere , that we don't like to hear. But we have to get informations from many sources, not only the ones that make us feel comforted.

I really don't enjoy reading such things... but there are out there .

Karin
05-19-2013, 04:12 PM
the only good thing is, all the articles are month old... before new single, hope video too and mexico trip

lapinschous
05-19-2013, 04:23 PM
It's not about how old those articles are, it's about the mindset of the press regarding everything Alizée does or says, which is pretty disgusting.

Karin
05-19-2013, 04:29 PM
for me yea... cause then could Sony stop everything that time, and not putting Alizee in shows, and like I read on A-France to make another DJ party...
I know what magazines write about her... like today about what she said yesterday about the Indochine member... however article ok, the comments there...

Kronos
05-19-2013, 06:53 PM
Oh no, you found some bad reviews of an album, it's not like you can find good and bad reviews of fucking everything right?

I'm quite sure most fans are quite aware of her situation, but thanks anyway for being such a hero and taking "responsibility" by spreading even more shit into these forums. I'm really not sure what you hope to achieve by making me "aware" of these reviews? Is knowing that the general public does not listen to her supposed to make me enjoy 5 more or less, or do you want me to run around the streets putting stickers on peoples cars screaming to everyone to buy her album?

This is exactly why I don't post much on forums, people really can't accept where she is now and you can't go 2 pages without someone bitching about how she isn't acting like that, dancing like this and oh my god I wish she would stop getting tattoos even though it's quite obvious at this point that she doesn't give a fuck.

And no I'm not upset because of some bad reviews, it's you people circulating them, outweighing the good ones, and constantly poisoning this community with ridiculous amounts of pessimism. I really don't want to listen to Je veux bien and start thinking, oh no, will this be sung on TV anytime soon? Will she have a concert?

Just enjoy the music, jesus christ :)

lapinschous
05-19-2013, 07:55 PM
^ Hey calm down dude , don't even think about trying to give me any lesson about that kind of shit, well OBVIOUSLY you'll find positive and negative reviews of anything that exists , I'm just trying to shed some light on what is said about her outside the fan forums . I'm not judging , i'm not trolling, i'm not spamming, just sharing information because I believe that we need to take into consideration what Alizée is going through everyday in order to see the whole picture . It's all about balance: I noticed that I was mostly talking about optimistic and positive news and ignoring what I didn't want to see , I had to be a bit more objective , that's it.

I just don't want to see members of this forum losing hope because they don't understand what's going on. When you can actually read about all the attacks of the press Alizée is undergoing without even looking at her "not so good" public image , it helps keeping faith in her , because it makes you even more enthusiastic to know how far she's gotten in spite of all this.

Junkmale
05-19-2013, 08:18 PM
Very harsh and unnecessary comment Kronos.......

Uroboros
05-19-2013, 08:46 PM
I can't imagine life without Alizée singing anymore :(
I just hope these are nothing but foolish critics :pray::pray::pray:

Euphoria
05-19-2013, 08:52 PM
Oh no, you found some bad reviews of an album, it's not like you can find good and bad reviews of fucking everything right?

I'm quite sure most fans are quite aware of her situation, but thanks anyway for being such a hero and taking "responsibility" by spreading even more shit into these forums. I'm really not sure what you hope to achieve by making me "aware" of these reviews? Is knowing that the general public does not listen to her supposed to make me enjoy 5 more or less, or do you want me to run around the streets putting stickers on peoples cars screaming to everyone to buy her album?

This is exactly why I don't post much on forums, people really can't accept where she is now and you can't go 2 pages without someone bitching about how she isn't acting like that, dancing like this and oh my god I wish she would stop getting tattoos even though it's quite obvious at this point that she doesn't give a fuck.

And no I'm not upset because of some bad reviews, it's you people circulating them, outweighing the good ones, and constantly poisoning this community with ridiculous amounts of pessimism. I really don't want to listen to Je veux bien and start thinking, oh no, will this be sung on TV anytime soon? Will she have a concert?

Butthurt much? Face the reality, breh.

I hate to say it, but I think Alizee is toast.

lapinschous
05-19-2013, 08:55 PM
I can't imagine life without Alizée singing anymore :(
:pray::pray::pray:

Me neither! But even if Sony cancels their contract with Alizée I don't think she would stop singing, maybe she will go for another contract with a smaller french or mexican label... but of course it would mean a far lesser budget for her promos...:(

But I'm still positive that if the Je Veux Bien music video is a success , and if she keeps surfing on the "France Gall wave" like Jenifer , she will manage to keep her head above the water :thumb:

:scrunch: We're talking about our unpredictable little :alizee1: after all! :scrunch:

;)

Uroboros
05-19-2013, 09:06 PM
But I'm still positive that if the Je Veux Bien music video is a success , and if she keeps surfing on the "France Gall wave" like Jenifer , she will manage to keep her head above the water :thumb:
;)

I'll be praying for this, my friend! :pray:

I feel sorry for the fans who live in France and other countries where she is in the media. On my daily life, there would be no difference, since absolutely no one seems to know Alizée here. However, internet would be a lot more senseless for me without the wait for an Zée-update on facebook or You Tube... :sigh:

Geez, it creeps me out just to think about it :fear:

Fall
05-19-2013, 11:54 PM
However, internet would be a lot more senseless for me without the wait for an Zée-update on facebook or You Tube... :sigh:

Geez, it creeps me out just to think about it :fear:

I know how you feel, can you imagine going back to before you found Alizée? When you didn't have anything Zée to look forward to? :(

P♠N
05-20-2013, 03:27 AM
The sales figures are based on certain stores' willingness to share their data.
It does not reflect the sales in France. Only in some stores in France.
The numbers are for CDs only.

Does it surprise anybody that people buy less CDs now than they did in 2003?

The "album sales figure " does not reflect the fact that a large percentage of Alizée's audience is outside of France, thus buying their music outside of France.

The reported figures ignore digital sales; digital stores; Amazon.com (Fod God's sake?!); stores in other countries.

Here's something else:

If 95% of Alizée's Facebook fans did not buy the album, that still means 30000 sales.

Apart from Alizée and her team, nobody has accurate sales figures; least of all French tabloids who certainly do not care about "informing the public".

lapinschous
05-20-2013, 04:36 AM
She still hasn't made it to 10,000 units solds , that's been confirmed .
I don't how much money she made out of them though...

alizeefan
05-20-2013, 06:58 AM

Don't call it a comeback , she's been here for years - ROCKING her peers .

Those being very small have been heard to say that being smalls o k .
Those getting rather large , may come to find they've left their space behind .

A few more things I found funny , when Karin replied it is funny how things must always be turned into the bad side views . This is reflected in a few of my subjects which had nothing even to do with meaningless sales and numbers and then when immaturely manipulated into such when replied to become upset that anyone would see the greener side of the fence and refusing to even consider with any objectivity at all . The most hilarious part is and no one can answer . How do we always keep going back to , her career is done , she keeps losing money , she is a failure , thus saying from reading critics bs she will NEVER have another album , song , performance , video and so on . Yet here we are again year after year with her having new songs , albums , videos and so on . I'd really love to know how many more albums of failures in the eyes of these " critics " , til she is broke and no major label will sign her til those with that attitude give up on the ridiculousness of such ideals . Then again i'll bet that non-sense will continue forever . Fact of the matter is there she is without a doubt a highly acclaimed and successful artist . PERIOD .

Why the heck would anyone even ever want to read critics bs ?
Don't get me wrong make subjects as you wish here but please consider this . .
If you were Alizee and most of the subjects at forums like this are turned into just as the critics put it how bad everything is it's no wonder she may read here once in awhile but would never herself participate in these type forums . Then again for all I know Karin is Alizee scoffing at the very critics here incognito , not that I think that and the former true .

You know what they say about critics . . or maybe not ? It's a well known saying and well known for a reason . .

The most sad thing about critics and tabloid bs . . . Those trash rags only exist because people buy them and into the ideals always the bad side and love the drama . They would NEVER or rarely tell a good story about say some charity work she did because those good stories aren't interesting to most who love to buy right up the dramatic , sad gossipy stories . Don't read me wrong there either , to each his own on what you collect of Alizee and if she is featured in a magazine , online story feel free to spend time as you see fit and I see nothing wrong with that or discussions of such . Just don't become obtuse when some won't agree to the point of refusing to even acknowledge or see the other side of things .

Lap you being the subject author and obviously by your replies especially about the enthusiasm created within such subject do not reflect the attitude of my statement above don't take this as some attack upon yourself it's more an over all reflection of my views at this forum . Which I think is also where many of the replies above come from and you're seeing them as more replies to any of your comments herein . But i'd like to leave you with one final thought -

She still hasn't made it to 10,000 units solds , that's been confirmed .
I don't how much money she made out of them though...

Does it really matter how much money she made on this album , I mean she does have money right ? She is still working right ? She does still have a few fans right ? Isn't that what its all about and not how much money she is making off any one particular item in a long career ?

To give an example of such critical bs and if you want the link showing the interactions i'll provide ya'll proof .
There is a girl who recently won in France the Incroyable Talent . . .
Before that for a couple years she had very few fans , as a matter of fact I was pretty much her only fan besides her own family . She wasn't making money singing and only was a youtube video singer , yet happy to be doing such . Once the critics started in on her pre-fame award winning days , similar to Alizee how her English wasn't perfect instead of listening to them . Listened to me saying that her English pronunciations in a French accent was cute and a few misused words were part of her unique charm so don't change just for the critics . She then went on to win 100 grand and Incroyable talent with the same songs , same voice and same as the critics had put it poor use of English who would never win on a prime tv show competition without changing . . . Yet if she had changed for them she may not have won for all we know , may have but may not . Fact is she didn't change voice wise besides a lot of hard work to get there and DID win . . That wasn't the only critic non-sense and is one example of many faced . So to say , critics are usually wrong and while that may not be in the eyes of those who focus only on money and sales numbers has little to do with over all success in a career standpoint . Especially with one so successful over ALL and very happy within that success no matter what anyone says as an Alizee is .

C-4
05-20-2013, 07:19 AM
Lapinscous, thank you for the translations.
While we all have our own unique feelings on this "critic" matter, I personally find it good to enjoy Alizée as much as possible. None of us can predict how things will turn out for sure, so enjoy the "here and now" here and now.

alizeefan
05-20-2013, 07:41 AM
Very harsh and unnecessary comment Kronos.......

I LOVED how Kronos put it , makes perfect sense to me and wasn't harsh at all to anyone . Then again maybe that is sarcastic but I don't get it if so .

JoeNY
05-20-2013, 08:06 AM
The French are in their own little world when it comes to music. I've realized this ever since I started following Alizee. Have you ever taken a look at the Billboard charts for France? Remember René la Taupe at the top of their charts? :)))

I don't think it's that surprising that Alizee would struggle with album sales in France. Her fans and market is everywhere but France. You've sifted through her Youtube videos. Probably a couple of hundred million views since 2006 (when Youtube began and after she retired). Most of the comments are in English and Spanish. There are more comments in Russian and Chinese than French. Unfortunately, most of the people enamored with Alizee have no idea she is still singing and just released a new album. I honestly will not be surprised if Alizee's US sales for "5" surpasses her sales in France. And that's with no marketing to her U.S. audience.

Kronos
05-20-2013, 09:05 AM

Maybe you should try reading my post first.

ALS
05-20-2013, 09:42 AM
The French are in their own little world when it comes to music. I've realized this ever since I started following Alizee. Have you ever taken a look at the Billboard charts for France? Remember René la Taupe at the top of their charts?

That is a very good point that many are unaware of. Back in 2008 we would vote on Radio Atlantis 107's Hit Parade to get Alizée's songs played on their station. FYI the station is located on the west coast of France just north of Nantes.

The songs that would be in the top ten or fifteen were to be nice, mostly garbage. There would be a few that were good but more trended to mediocre to really bad on the Hit Parade weekly voting.

The other point was Jean-Jacques Goldman really wants to work with her, and offered her songs for this last Album. As one reporter pointed out that working with J.J. Goldman was instant success in France. If she is so washed up why would Goldman want any thing to do with her?

Euphoria
05-20-2013, 10:00 AM
Here is the harsh reality of Alizee: most of her fans are only fans because they think she's pretty. Not because they like her music.

lapinschous
05-20-2013, 10:00 AM
Lapinschous, thank you for the translations.
While we all have our own unique feelings on this "critic" matter, I personally find it good to enjoy Alizée as much as possible. None of us can predict how things will turn out for sure, so enjoy the "here and now" here and now.

That's what I'm here for: letting you guys know :)
I'm not judging , just letting people know not only about the good aspects of her promo but also about its downside, even though I want to punch in the face all the people who wrote those dozens of bad articles for the press. :punish::angry::bash:

As one reporter pointed out that working with J.J. Goldman was instant success in France. If she is so washed up why would Goldman want any thing to do with her?

This is part of the reason why I admire so much JJ and Les Enfoirés ! There's always this spirit of comradeship, never letting a fellow Enfoiré down , always helping each other out . That's why I'm really grateful regarding Goldman's leadership of Les Enfoirés! :bow:

Some of you guys may not know, but not so long ago Alain Chamfort was close to being homeless, ( http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3oym_alain-chamfort-les-beaux-yeux-de-la_music#.UZoymaIwc2M) he lost everything, his label cancelled his contract, and struggled to find a small back up label, he was refused the budget for a music video, so he had to do it himself and he was calling for help in it. Some of Les Enfoirés family helped him to get back on stage ,perform with some of the Enfoirés artists for his promo album .. http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4vbkwxZ2p1r88k18o2_500.jpg

That's why the picture says : "Alain Chamfort's last chance"

That would be the worst case scenario for Alizée, but it's highly unlikely, since she's a part of Les Enfoirés

Merci Alizée
05-20-2013, 10:10 AM

Try to enjoy good aspects of the forum rather than getting frustrated about everything which you dislike slightly.

Euphoria
05-20-2013, 10:31 AM
That doesn't sound like slight dislike to me. He mad.

Uroboros
05-20-2013, 10:42 AM
I know how you feel, can you imagine going back to before you found Alizée? When you didn't have anything Zée to look forward to? :(

Feels like ages ago, I don't even remember how it was like

The end of the world was not a fake, guys
It was delayed, but it was real :(

SpanishFan
05-20-2013, 02:07 PM
Here is the harsh reality of Alizee: most of her fans are only fans because they think she's pretty. Not because they like her music.

That is true, but it is not a really big problem. The problem is that some of those fans have none critical views, everything is perfect and pink related to Alizée.

Euphoria
05-20-2013, 02:19 PM
The problem with that is none of those fans actually buy her albums. If they did, she'd be made in the shade.

SpanishFan
05-20-2013, 03:43 PM
In that case they are not fans, just heterosexual homo sapiens.

Davedel
05-20-2013, 07:04 PM
Let's face it.. the Alizee of old is no longer with us. Instead, we get one that doesn't live up to par.. mediocre at best. Hate to say it but it's true.

SpanishFan
05-20-2013, 09:00 PM
Let's face it.. the Alizee of old is no longer with us. Instead, we get one that doesn't live up to par.. mediocre at best. Hate to say it but it's true.

I would not go that far... but it is a fact that she is not dancing and performing anymore. She does not have to dance or do concerts for the sake of it or trying to emulate the old days... She should do it because her beauty and dancing skills are assets that are being misused.
And I am not talking about doing the same things she did 10 years ago, she should adapt her skills to the 2013 Alizée and take them in as part of her show, her "brand", Alizée. We were all excited when she was training hard at Muffragi's.

But then many fans are just happy with her tweeting stuff and doing dj sessions, so I suppose I am being too demanding.

lapinschous
05-20-2013, 09:31 PM

Let me rephrase that .. :

Let's face it... the Lolita is GONE forever . Dude, you can't expect a 28yo woman to act the same way as a 15yo teenage girl . She's getting older whether you like it or not. I wouldn't say that she is mediocre, she's been hit by the CD sales crisis, disadvantaged by the choices she made in her personal life, poorly prepared by Mylène and Laurent to go solo ... yet she survived in the music industry and I admire her for that.

Un-rêve
05-20-2013, 09:38 PM
Alizée said in a recent interview that she might include some of J.J. Golmans songs in her next album. So the fact is there will be a next album and I'm sure there will be many others too.. she's an established artist in her own right and that's a fact.

Offcourse she will always be cast as a one hit wonder by the critics but that's because they really know nothing about her.. she's still here making albums over ten years later still.

So lets just think about that and enjoy the new album.. because Alizée hears, sees and knows no evil.. so it won't prevail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQnZLhT612U

Fall
05-21-2013, 12:01 AM
Let me rephrase that .. :

Let's face it... the Lolita is GONE forever . Dude, you can't expect a 28yo woman to act the same way as a 15yo teenage girl .

Agreed. If it's Lolita you want then I can understand your mourning Davedel. But the rest of us have grown up along with Lilly and her music/style. For my part I'm 21 now, not the same 17 year old that was introduced to Zée.

Feels like ages ago, I don't even remember how it was like

Yeah, me neither, and I'm not aching to go back.

alizeefan
05-21-2013, 12:24 AM
I would not go that far... but it is a fact that she is not dancing and performing anymore.

FACT she was just singing and dancing on live tv in front of a live audience . your facts suck . On top of that her latest interview she spoke about wanting to do a lil tour , so uhmm if she wants to she will , she isn't right now and for reasons that are NOT up to you some zealous fans who want this and that otherwise she is a failure to them .

She does not have to dance or do concerts for the sake of it or trying to emulate the old days... She should do it because her beauty and dancing skills are assets that are being misused.

Last I checked you weren't her manager , last I had seen she actually DOES emulate her old days performing some of her old songs and dances . Again your facts suck and overlook REALITY . Just because YOU think her being on a tv show dancing and singing are being misused in some way you failed to mention why . . . Again fact is your opinion sucks because you refuse to even see the reality of her doing exactly what you claim she isn't doing . . .

And I am not talking about doing the same things she did 10 years ago, she should adapt her skills to the 2013 Alizée and take them in as part of her show, her "brand", Alizée. We were all excited when she was training hard at Muffragi's.

Your assumption of the purposes of her training in your fantasy of how we ALL were excited were flawed as your facts above . Uhmm she been training in dance for a long time , she probably always will . Just because you saw that as her training for some imaginary world tour doesn't mean anyone else besides very few thought that way .

But then many fans are just happy with her tweeting stuff and doing dj sessions, so I suppose I am being too demanding.

Demand all you want in one hand and take a crap in the other - see which you get to become a reality first .

That is true, but it is not a really big problem. The problem is that some of those fans have none critical views, everything is perfect and pink related to Alizée.

That is only in your head and a few other arrogant minds , no one ever claimed anything about anyones life ever in the history of life being perfect let alone here at this forum about Alizee . If someone did say everything is perfect and pink related to her in the frequency you attempt poorly to make it look like it should be easy enough to quote or link to one of those perfect life posts . . .

You just like to twist things into some unrealistic non-sense - such as those who for years have been claiming her career is in trouble , she is broke , she is all done , she is washed up . yet as I keep telling you have been for YEARS and will now make it a point to bash it into your Neanderthal skull here we are again new album , here we have her in interview Alizee HERSELF KNOWING she will have another album soon .

So again she aint washed up , never will be and SHE is pretty damn successful and happy . No matter what you whiners want to cry about the proofs in her pudding .

Even if some did have the attitude that her life and career etc is all perfect . Why the F would that be and I quote " The problem " ?
What problems would that really be in your life ? - you wont answer so let me - oh because you don't want to agree with those who may say that even though they never did and really has nothing to do with anything else . . .
What problems would that be in her life ? you wont answer so let me answer for you - Get a life of your own and stop worrying about what you think others feel when clearly no one even feels that way !

Edit:

The problem with that is none of those fans actually buy her albums. If they did, she'd be made in the shade.

Since her career is over she is all washed up according to some of you here I guess i'll follow suit and download her new album instead of buying it . I mean why should I support her when all she does is make bad decisions . I just hope she wont be homeless one day spending ALL her money to make these albums . All though i'd hate to see her on the streets begging me for Euros soon .

I mean she cant have much money left spending all her money to make these albums and videos , and clearly isn't recouping anything at all being such a failure .

( for those who do not know the above is totally sarcastic to make some arrogant jerks feel useless and stfu )

Davedel
05-21-2013, 01:32 AM
On a recent science show I watched they said that every single cell in your body (except teeth) will die and be replaced over a given period of time. Skin, bone, muscle, blood, everything! The time that this takes? 10 years for everything to go through it's complete cycle. So, over a 10 year period your body will be completely.. 100%.. replaced. With this in mind is it no wonder that the old Alizee is gone. Jen ai Marre was 2003 and this year, 2013, is the 10 year mark. Yep.. the old Alizee is now scientifically completely and utterly banished to history. Science fact.. not fiction. And what do we now have.. The new Alizee! Quick.. where's a time machine???

SpanishFan
05-21-2013, 04:17 AM
If possible, I would like for the mods to keep my post as intact as possible since I took the time and effort to reply in a non native language, and certainly I am not the brightest in here, for sure! :p

FACT she was just singing and dancing on live tv in front of a live audience . your facts suck . On top of that her latest interview she spoke about wanting to do a lil tour , so uhmm if she wants to she will , she isn't right now and for reasons that are NOT up to you some zealous fans who want this and that otherwise she is a failure to them .

Last I checked you weren't her manager , last I had seen she actually DOES emulate her old days performing some of her old songs and dances . Again your facts suck and overlook REALITY . Just because YOU think her being on a tv show dancing and singing are being misused in some way you failed to mention why . . . Again fact is your opinion sucks because you refuse to even see the reality of her doing exactly what you claim she isn't doing . . .

Your assumption of the purposes of her training in your fantasy of how we ALL were excited were flawed as your facts above . Uhmm she been training in dance for a long time , she probably always will . Just because you saw that as her training for some imaginary world tour doesn't mean anyone else besides very few thought that way .

Demand all you want in one hand and take a crap in the other - see which you get to become a reality first .

That is only in your head and a few other arrogant minds , no one ever claimed anything about anyones life ever in the history of life being perfect let alone here at this forum about Alizee . If someone did say everything is perfect and pink related to her in the frequency you attempt poorly to make it look like it should be easy enough to quote or link to one of those perfect life posts . . .

You just like to twist things into some unrealistic non-sense - such as those who for years have been claiming her career is in trouble , she is broke , she is all done , she is washed up . yet as I keep telling you have been for YEARS and will now make it a point to bash it into your Neanderthal skull here we are again new album , here we have her in interview Alizee HERSELF KNOWING she will have another album soon .

So again she aint washed up , never will be and SHE is pretty damn successful and happy . No matter what you whiners want to cry about the proofs in her pudding .

Even if some did have the attitude that her life and career etc is all perfect . Why the F would that be and I quote " The problem " ?
What problems would that really be in your life ? - you wont answer so let me - oh because you don't want to agree with those who may say that even though they never did and really has nothing to do with anything else . . .
What problems would that be in her life ? you wont answer so let me answer for you - Get a life of your own and stop worrying about what you think others feel when clearly no one even feels that way !

Edit:

Since her career is over she is all washed up according to some of you here I guess i'll follow suit and download her new album instead of buying it . I mean why should I support her when all she does is make bad decisions . I just hope she wont be homeless one day spending ALL her money to make these albums . All though i'd hate to see her on the streets begging me for Euros soon .

I mean she cant have much money left spending all her money to make these albums and videos , and clearly isn't recouping anything at all being such a failure .

( for those who do not know the above is totally sarcastic to make some arrogant jerks feel useless and stfu )

First: Come on... Did you really need to insult that much? :13:

Clearly when someone jumps and acts the way you do, appearing here suddenly and posting in a compulsive and agressive way, there is something not quite right going on... And in that state, you are not ready to behave in a proper way in an open discussion forum. And trust me, it really backfires at you. First, because it makes you look bad, and second, because not in a million years I am going to give you a reply in the same level of agression as you just did, which probably will make you even angrier, so sorry in advance for that...

So compose yourself a little bit and let's try to keep this as civilizased as we can, not just for us, but for the people reading this forum, because honestly it is not that good to post in the way you just did even if you are 100% right about everything you said.

To be honest I lost track of all the questions you did to me and replied yourself... please write them together in one post and I will gladly give answers to them. Try not to get that frustrated since my comprehension of what you write fades a little when you write in that mood. :)

You really twisted a lot of my arguments, but no worries, I will explain just a couple of them:
When I say she is not performing anymore, obviously I am referring to traditional concerts like she did in Russia or Mexico. Of course she is performing in TVs, I have eyes and ears, I was talking about touring like she has in mind doing right now. (I can not believe I have to explain this things...)

It is the same with the dancing thing... she is a trained dancer, it is supposed to be her passion, and all I wished from her was to take the maximum out of her skills. You can say I want Lolita back and then you would be wrong... And the rest of your post, like I just did with the performing and the dancing topics, can be explained in the same way, but it would be very boring and time consuming.

Of course we all were excited when she was training hard her dancing. Were you in a cave at the time? Why did you need to invent that I was expecting a world tour? There were rumours of her taking part in a dancing TV program, and she was talking about going back to her roots with her new album and dancing would be part of that.
Can you see how easy is to explain facts instead of making up false claims of what my expectations were?
I would invite you to read my posts with some kind of interest and trying to understand them as an adult would do, even if you fully disagree, and not trying to mock and twist every argument as a five years old boy would do.

Since her career is over she is all washed up according to some of you here I guess i'll follow suit and download her new album instead of buying it

That is a perfect example of your late behaviour... First, if you can find a post from me saying her career is over I will leave the forum forever. Is my bet to you, since you like them that much.
Second, you make up the claim about downloading her album, which is not only wrong but ilegal. I think that was way out of order, even as a joke, or "totally sarcastic" as you put it.

Bottom line is, there is nothing wrong with being a singer with moderate success, she has a nice voice, she is gorgeous, she is calm, she is different, she is great and for all I know, a good mum and a good person.

But if you expect from me to be happy like you are just because her sales being low are giving us the chance of having multiple cd signing events, and the luxury of forums like this not being crowded, then you are wrong.

I would want her to sell ten times what she is selling now, I would want the french public not laughing at her, to have the recognition she deservesm and I want her to do good in the music industry, and to be as good artist as she can be.
Is that possible? Maybe not, but you are nobody here to tell me how I should or should not think.
Forgive me for my terrible sins, Alizeefan:)

I will leave you with a single and simple question, and unlike you, I will give you the courtesy of answer it yourself.
Since apparently many of us want lolita back (false) and she desperate is trying to get rid of that image, could you explain to me why on earth she acepted the word LOLITAS in her dj sessions? Or why she still gladly sings it in tv shows. Because if she is trying hard to get rid of that image, something is not adding up here, isnt it?

http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/190289_4210268749130_1676559045_n.jpg

Is it possible some wrongdoing in some commercial strategies? Some room for criticism from us evil fans? Am I making and inventing this things up too?
Come on, don't be blind, nobody here is attacking her career or her personal life and certainly you are mocking yourself trying to defend arguments that you make up in your mind, trying to make me look like the evil overprotectionist fan.. Get a grip, my friend:)

If I am worried about her sales being poor, it is my right to be worried. Unless a mod or a member of this forum other than you tell me to stop writing about this topic I don't see the reason why you try to make me stop writing my views with such poor language and mood from you.

I know you don't tolerate any criticism related to her, that is ok, but did you really have to go so low and look that much rude? Surely not, Alizeefan.

Edit: As a deference for mods and fellow members of this forum, I decided to end this discussion with this post, it will help to calm down the situation and the state of agitation of a certain member too.

lapinschous
05-21-2013, 05:21 AM
On a recent science show I watched they said that every single cell in your body (except teeth) will die and be replaced over a given period of time. Skin, bone, muscle, blood, everything! The time that this takes? 10 years for everything to go through it's complete cycle. So, over a 10 year period your body will be completely.. 100%.. replaced. With this in mind is it no wonder that the old Alizee is gone. Jen ai Marre was 2003 and this year, 2013, is the 10 year mark. Yep.. the old Alizee is now scientifically completely and utterly banished to history. Science fact.. not fiction. And what do we now have.. The new Alizee! Quick.. where's a time machine???

I'm a medical student and your facts are bullshit.

Neurons are never replaced, the deep layers of the skin are only partially regenerated (that's why the skin ages with the person and scars don't go away) , bones are regenerated by the cycle of osteoblasts and osteoclasts but this process takes way more than 10 years to make a full cycle in adult life and it slows down with time (that's why kids take less time than adults to recover from fractures) , muscle fibers can be regenerated by the limited action of localized stem cells, but the number of muscular fascicles is predefined and will remain the same throughout life...

Alizée is the same on an anatomical, physiological and psychological level as she was 10 years ago ... your argument is invalid.

Edit:

I will leave you with a single and simple question, and unlike you, I will give you the courtesy of answer it yourself.
Since apparently many of us want lolita back (false) and she desperate is trying to get rid of that image, could you explain to me why on earth she acepted the word LOLITAS in her dj sessions? Or why she still gladly sings it in tv shows. Because if she is trying hard to get rid of that image, something is not adding up here, isnt it?

That's because she is still widely known as a Lolita in France, if she wanted to get rid of it for good she woulnd't sing Moi Lolita anymore... It's just a part of her life she can't ignore even though she'd like to change her public image.

Karin
05-21-2013, 10:45 AM
its going here on really weird way...

yea, she is now older but I must disagree with lapinshous, that you cant expect from her to dance and move like before 10years. She showed in Generation 2000 that she can still do it, however that time is was "light" version of dance, but still. You must agree she is still in form. If she would like to do it, she would do it... but thats her thing if yea or not.

That sales are bad, ok, we know... but look, she is presented in medias more than by UEDS and her album is really more commercial. Thats for me one BIG + .

Like was wrote before about the fans, she has 500.000+ likes on FB, 160.000 FF on twitter, 56.000 FF in instagram. If just the 10% of the people would buy new album, she would be saved. But why it not happened? Euphoria has good point, there are fans just cause Alizée is nice girl... you can see it in most comments on FB like "you are sexy - come here - and blablabla" .

I wrote it many times, but I see fault not just in Alizée but in all the management. They make big things, but compared to many faults incl. the LONG waiting for album. If the album would be released in October 2012 as was the plan, would like to see the sales. If its the long time part of fault, why its not going ok.

Then all french singer (which I know) have their FB/TT/INST like Alizée. But Alizée is only one who is SELF managing her FB. There is noone who would keep it alive (or at least it look like so)... that cant happen ex. by M. Pokora, his FB is permanently actualized with informations where, what, with who. Thats missing on Alizées side. This everything is in hands Alizées fanpages. Thats good, but still on official channels it would work much better.
The same is with Sony/Jive. If Alizée dont post something about that she will be somewhere, you dont get infos from Sony/Jive.

So for end, I know its not good, I but see still little light in future, but I hope not with Sony but by another label... If I would be her, I would try EMI... they make excellent job, which I never saw by Sony.

Im Alizées fan 10years... yea, the Mylene era was great... but if fans will still look to past and compare things which cant be compared, then I have nothing more to say...

SpanishFan
05-21-2013, 11:22 AM
That sales are bad, ok, we know... but look, she is presented in medias more than by UEDS and her album is really more commercial. Thats for me one BIG + .

I wrote it many times, but I see fault not just in Alizée but in all the management. They make big things, but compared to many faults incl. the LONG waiting for album. If the album would be released in October 2012 as was the plan, would like to see the sales. If its the long time part of fault, why its not going ok.

Yes, I agree. And 5 is a great final product, a good album even with all the problems and delays.
Maybe she also need support from a big management company that help her keeping up her profile between albums and not only during the recording time period like Sony. But probably is not worthy for her and the 20% they would take out of her income...

http://i44.tinypic.com/2qcqj4m.jpg

ALS
05-21-2013, 11:45 AM
Karin I agree with your comments completely. At least she is putting a lot more effort into this promoting this album than the last two. Her FB page and Official web page is a joke compared to other performers and the amount of fresh information that gets put up weekly. Yes we all like her twitter photographs, but she needs to do a lot more to get her message and "Brand" out to the fans.

I made this point a year or two ago when I posted a link to an U.S. eighties all girl band who still tour called the Bangles. There is so much news and items for fans to see on their web page. These women are no longer youngsters and all are in their fifties and still doing shows. Their Facebook page has 36,191 Likes compared to how many does Alizée have? Their Web page also has so much more information on what they are doing and selling. The Bangles.com/ (http://www.thebangles.com/)

Then there is the GoGo's another all Girl Band from the eighties and their web site and tour dates. GoGo's.com/ (http://www.gogos.com/) And again they have a whopping 45,170 Facebook likes, compared to how many does Alizée have?GoGosOfficial (https://www.facebook.com/GoGosOfficial)

BTW, that might be a concert worth seeing, being the GoGo's are touring with the B-52's this summer. :dance: How do I know that because I saw it on their web page when looking for it for this post.

I'm using these two examples since neither band hasn't been big and on top of their game for almost 25 years. Yet they are doing ok for themselves even though the bands broke up and the members left the music scene over two decades ago to have families. Then a few years ago they got back together and started performing again. These are not young women they are all in their early to mid fifties.

The point I'm making is don't ever under estimate Alizée and what she is capable of in the future.

Just something she could do to increase her Cd sales is what many on air personalities do here in the U.S. is they redirect book sales to their personal web sites (Cutting out the middlemen) by offering personalized book signings. She could be selling signed "5" Cd's off her web site for 20€ by-passing Amazon and the local music stores. Here is a place she could be making some extra money on the side. All it costs her is a little time each day. Would you sit down and sign fifty Cd's a day if you knew each one was making you a profit of 8€-10€ ?

alizeefan
05-21-2013, 11:46 AM
If possible, I would like for the mods to keep my post as intact as possible since I took the time and effort to reply in a non native language, and certainly I am not the brightest in here, for sure! :p

First: Come on... Did you really need to insult that much? :13:

yes if you want to take it as insulting , as you said yourself you do .
shoe fits - wear it . I mean after all did you give me any consideration whatsoever in other topics of the same subjects ? no you did not , kettle pot black . .

Clearly when someone jumps and acts the way you do, appearing here suddenly and posting in a compulsive and agressive way, there is something not quite right going on... And in that state, you are not ready to behave in a proper way in an open discussion forum. And trust me, it really backfires at you. First, because it makes you look bad, and second, because not in a million years I am going to give you a reply in the same level of agression as you just did, which probably will make you even angrier, so sorry in advance for that...

Funny that others are in basically complete agreement with what I say but to YOU i'm the only one here who is doing it . . Now as for aggression and proper ways there are no rules here which I've violated in the least denoting how you wish to lay out certain rules . As for the backfire thingy , isn't it obvious that some of you trolls who want to constantly BASH the person who this damn forum is about makes YOU look like trolls and backfire to the very goals set out by the trolls on this bridge ? ? ?

So compose yourself a little bit and let's try to keep this as civilizased as we can, not just for us, but for the people reading this forum, because honestly it is not that good to post in the way you just did even if you are 100% right about everything you said.

No I will not compose myself how YOU see fit , a troll is a troll and not only myself but if you READ above and throughout this forum you'll see many others see it as trolly . I've had enough of being civilized when some of you trolls never are nor ever will be . Just because some who reply a lot at this forum and rain down on others constantly and consistently does not mean EVERY other person reading agrees with some of ya'lls trolly bs . As it should be clear again many whom do reply don't agree with the trolls at all .

To be honest I lost track of all the questions you did to me and replied yourself... please write them together in one post and I will gladly give answers to them. Try not to get that frustrated since my comprehension of what you write fades a little when you write in that mood. :)

No , I answered the questions for you as I predicted you wouldn't answer then and now it's proven 100 % correct I was not only right in the assumption you wouldn't answer but gave the answers you constantly arrive at in a one track mind .

You really twisted a lot of my arguments, but no worries, I will explain just a couple of them:
When I say she is not performing anymore, obviously I am referring to traditional concerts like she did in Russia or Mexico. Of course she is performing in TVs, I have eyes and ears, I was talking about touring like she has in mind doing right now. (I can not believe I have to explain this things...)

The sad part is your failure to comprehend - think and if inclined to do so and not ignore this simple question

Question 1 - What is the difference in appearing in concert on tour 50 times to 1500 seat audience on tour - to - appearing 100 times and on LIVE tv to 1500 seats on tv in front of the same fans ? You see my friend to me there is no difference whatsoever . Its basically the same thing less the location .

While yes you will argue that she isn't doing her own thing , as in performing only HER songs . Guess what , it is doing her own thing as that is her choice and therefore her own thing . . .

It is the same with the dancing thing... she is a trained dancer, it is supposed to be her passion, and all I wished from her was to take the maximum out of her skills. You can say I want Lolita back and then you would be wrong... And the rest of your post, like I just did with the performing and the dancing topics, can be explained in the same way, but it would be very boring and time consuming.

Yes but the way you put it is she isn't utilizing it at all , then when I point out not only has she trained her ENTIRE life in that way for too many reasons to list that she IS still using her skills . . . You want to refute those facts and see it only YOUR way . . . Hello McFly you in there knock knock knock . .

Of course we all were excited when she was training hard her dancing. Were you in a cave at the time?

I am Batman . . . Again she has trained her whole LIFE in dancing , just because this forum SPECULATED it was ALL to go on tour and dance for us shaking her ass so some of you can get off again . . . Doesn't mean that EVERYONE saw her training for that purpose . . . All I saw it as is just as any dancer , will train in dancing for LIFE .

Why did you need to invent that I was expecting a world tour? There were rumours of her taking part in a dancing TV program, and she was talking about going back to her roots with her new album and dancing would be part of that.

Because it's blatantly obvious that certain of you who HATE how she is now all ya want is the pretty girl to be dancing for you in some fantasy .

Can you see how easy is to explain facts instead of making up false claims of what my expectations were?
I would invite you to read my posts with some kind of interest and trying to understand them as an adult would do, even if you fully disagree, and not trying to mock and twist every argument as a five years old boy would do.

What is good for the goose is good for the gander - you twist me i'm going to twist back . The thing is your twists are total bs , trolly and so on . My twists upset you into the childlike ways - Enjoy . . boy . .

That is a perfect example of your late behaviour... First, if you can find a post from me saying her career is over I will leave the forum forever. Is my bet to you, since you like them that much.
Second, you make up the claim about downloading her album, which is not only wrong but ilegal. I think that was way out of order, even as a joke, or "totally sarcastic" as you put it.

Some understand exactly where i'm coming from calling YOU and others out on their bs . you will never understand or have understanding for me . Perhaps time to give up and not reply but you will continue your ways . .
If you think im going to waste my time reading your incomprehensible poorly writ English to quote the attitude you clearly express seen by me and others in this topic alone more than once you got another thing coming .

Bottom line is, there is nothing wrong with being a singer with moderate success, she has a nice voice, she is gorgeous, she is calm, she is different, she is great and for all I know, a good mum and a good person.

But if you expect from me to be happy like you are just because her sales being low are giving us the chance of having multiple cd signing events, and the luxury of forums like this not being crowded, then you are wrong.

Now we seem to be getting somewhere but you will still fail hard to comprehend . When I make subjects claiming to like less and YOU want to reply with reasons why YOU don't like it . . . Did me expressing my views of what I like really offend you so much to reply in that subject as well a few others how I am wrong about this and that ? Just because some people like this or that gives you no right to attempt to change their views . Even if so when someone takes time to explain their views , ya'll resort to sales numbers and a bunch of bs that means nothing to those who express views of love for the girl . YOU don't have to be happy . I know misery loves company but ask yourself how that makes YOU look to the general public .

I would want her to sell ten times what she is selling now, I would want the french public not laughing at her, to have the recognition she deservesm and I want her to do good in the music industry, and to be as good artist as she can be.
Is that possible? Maybe not, but you are nobody here to tell me how I should or should not think.
Forgive me for my terrible sins, Alizeefan:)

O k I get it now , it's ok for you and a few of your friends who agree with you to tell others how you feel but forbid anyone else from disagreeing with ya . . See that is what forums are about and if you can't handle others doing the same exact thing as you do , simply looks trolly .

Also more importantly why are you so hung up on what the critics say , then how can you dare have the gall to say she isn't as good as she wants to be and can be . Just because again YOU see it as some poor career and failure in only a current aspect again show what you want to see and how you feel .
Maybe satan made you do it sinner but I doubt and don't believe in hell all though even hell hath no wrath like a woman scorned . I just hope for your sake and some others Alizee doesn't read some of your replies cuz if she does and knows who some of you are then you goto meet her for an autograph she may have security drag ya out back and teach ya a lesson about how successful she is .

Blatantly obvious and transparent you all even admit - LOVED her back then . . . Yet you do not love her so much now . . . Hmm same Alizee , Same voice , I fail to see why you would dislike the direction of her career now and only then besides the fact of tight clothes controversial songs and shaking her ass for you to fantasize about . Others may be afraid to call you trolls out on your bs but I never will be . I'd say it is you think her music sucks now but considering you purchased her new cd . . I guess you do like her music still . . I've never claimed she is trying to get rid of that image or anything of her past , as I've said over and over and over she I am 100 % sure loves all her career . Now does a star tyre of the same old ONE word labels . . Most definitely but does Madonna regret being like a Virgin - no . Will Alizee ever regret being Lolita - no . No idea where your assumption that she would want to erase that past from her life comes from ? It sure isn't my thoughts on the subject . Now will see speak up about it at times and tell fans and reporters in interviews that that is the past and live in the now sure , but that doesn't mean twist it into some regret of hers or mine .

Is it possible some wrongdoing in some commercial strategies? Some room for criticism from us evil fans? Am I making and inventing this things up too?
Come on, don't be blind, nobody here is attacking her career or her personal life and certainly you are mocking yourself trying to defend arguments that you make up in your mind, trying to make me look like the evil overprotectionist fan.. Get a grip, my friend:)

Do as you wish and no I haven't ever said go away , as a matter of fact I've taken time to write replies which shows considerable consideration . What you are inventing is some fantasy about how she coulda woulda shoulda and how everyone here agrees with you when they clearly do not , you nor the other critics aren't in charge of her career and thankfully never will be . Why cant you give the same consideration you ask of others who you do the very things in your complaints in that last bit of gibberish . Again whats good for the goose is good for the gander . Get used to it cuz until I get banned ive got a good grip . Funny part about your overprotecting fan bs is - - - none of us are even in disagreement that her career is some current HUGE success as you want to twist it into those who simply like who she is now . Yet you want to keep going back to that we are all some fanatics who think she can do no wrong . . Completely ignorant of the fact that we simply like who she is NOW and THEN . Unlike others who clearly prefer then to now and being typical male chavs its obvious to me why . [/quote]

If I am worried about her sales being poor, it is my right to be worried. Unless a mod or a member of this forum other than you tell me to stop writing about this topic I don't see the reason why you try to make me stop writing my views with such poor language and mood from you.

I'm not trying to make you stop , if that is the case then aren't you trying to make those who disagree with you stop their she can do no wrong attitude as you put it even though that isn't reality ?

Worry all you want and long for this and that but don't try to stop me from making fun of your ridiculousness as I see it .

I know you don't tolerate any criticism related to her, that is ok, but did you really have to go so low and look that much rude? Surely not, Alizeefan.

If I didn't tolerate it I wouldn't read it at all or reply or take any of it into consideration those statements to reply . I know you don't tolerate anyone who disagrees with your mind yet i'm rude and you're not . . O k I get it now sorry im the only rude one here . .

Edit: As a deference for mods and fellow members of this forum, I decided to end this discussion with this post, it will help to calm down the situation and the state of agitation of a certain member too.

I kinda wish they would just ban me . . . As per your hinted suggestion because if they are influenced by you and others who dislike me at every step of the way and whom go out of their way to reply to anything I write on this forum so be it . Ya know you can just ignore me and not quote and reply to EVERY single thing I write here . On top of that make the replies you do write follow ups to what I writ clearly attempting to pick on what I writ . Of course im going to give you the courtesy of a reply . . YOU may see it as agitation , others see it as not only funny calling some of you out on your bs but a good read . Otherwise like yourself who does read it , they wouldn't even read all i write .

You don't get to decide the end of anything when it comes to me and I sure hope others wont take your bs either and will feel FREE to do as they wish without your bogus terms and conditions therein .

lapinschous
05-21-2013, 12:01 PM
^ Dude, you turned this thread into a warzone... lighten up .

Funny that others are in basically complete agreement with what I say but to YOU i'm the only one here who is doing it . ..

Not so fast :D

SpanishFan
05-21-2013, 12:19 PM
I made this point a year or two ago when I posted a link to an U.S. eighties all girl band who still tour called the Bangles. There is so much news and items for fans to see on their web page. These women are no longer youngsters and all are in their fifties and still doing shows. Their Facebook page has 36,191 Likes compared to how many does Alizée have? Their Web page also has so much more information on what they are doing and selling. The Bangles.com/ (http://www.thebangles.com/)

I don't know if you knew this, but there was a british girl group called "Atomic Kitten" who did a cover of "Eternal Flame" like 7 or 8 years ago. It was quite successful because many people discovered that great song for the first time and the people who already knew about it could sing along to it again...
So it is sure things like that did benefit the original creators and performers to make a few extra money through the royalties of the "new" version of the song, some sells from the original album and certaily a few more shows for the Bangles, too. Everybody benefited from that at the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aztY_fpjJeQ

Of course the original is way superior!:D

alizeefan
05-21-2013, 12:51 PM

Not so fast :D

No i really don't wish to lighten up and since certain others want to constantly express their views without being considerate of others I feel no need to give them any consideration .

To blame me for the entire war zone is a bit silly though no ? I mean look above . . I surely didn't create this topic and am not even involved in most of the interactions within - right ? The only ones i do jump in on are those targeted expressly for me to see . May be hard to see for those that not being me or them seeing the statements formed bruntly about what I've written recently but that is how i and others do see it .

I mean i realize i'm very good at pushing buttons as you see and denote but i'm not THAT good to turn everyone against each other . :bow:

should be pretty apparent the war zone has been here all along and im just a more recent combatant .

but i guess i can take your suggestion and go away for awhile and leave ya'll to your own misgivings without defending my position . I mean what gives me the right to do that here amongst ya'll who love each other so much when im not here ( giggles ) . cya all next album . . .

Davedel
05-21-2013, 01:52 PM
I'm a medical student and your facts are bullshit.

Ok. The Discovery Channel and their science experts are wrong. And you a medical STUDENT is right. Please contact the Discovery Channel and notify them that you know better than their world-class experts and that they should check with you (the student) before they make any future shows. I know they will take your suggestions to heart.

Euphoria
05-21-2013, 01:55 PM
Alizeefan needs to go back on his meds.

lapinschous
05-21-2013, 02:15 PM
Ok. The Discovery Channel and their science experts are wrong. And you a medical STUDENT is right. Please contact the Discovery Channel and notify them that you know better than their world-class experts and that they should check with you (the student) before they make any future shows. I know they will take your suggestions to heart.

Alright dude , you want to turn this into a scientifical debate? I know that those "facts" are BS because i've been studying that shit for three bloody years, now give me the link of your documentary or stop making false statements...

ALS
05-21-2013, 03:03 PM
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-basic/popcorn.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

Davedel
05-21-2013, 05:10 PM
Alright dude , you want to turn this into a scientifical debate? I know that those "facts" are BS because i've been studying that shit for three bloody years, now give me the link of your documentary or stop making false statements...

The link? It was on the TV, the Discovery Channel. Check discovery.com and besides, although I quoted what they said it was meant as humor. Ok.. I'm tired of this petty bickering crap. I'm logging off this site forever. Take me away calgon. Gone..

Un-rêve
05-21-2013, 05:10 PM

Alizeefan needs to go back on his meds.

Alizeefan is a female member here. ;)

Euphoria
05-21-2013, 05:34 PM
Him, her, it, whatever.

Ray4AJ
05-21-2013, 08:14 PM

I'm going way off topic here, sorry. Related to The Bangles, there is a demo for Eternal Flame sung by Hoffs available for download here:

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?p=238133#post238133

Well, the link for article with the download is in that thread.

Back on topic... Good news, bad news... There is nothing I can do about the critics, reviews, sales, or her career. I can't let myself get worked up over this stuff so I just let it go and enjoy the music and the good feeling I get from knowing about Alizée. I can only hope she has all the success she wants to have, and finds happiness in her own life.
But this is just how I deal with it.

ALS
05-22-2013, 08:58 AM
One factor that hasn't been addressed is the French economy really sucks and people just don't have a lot of discretionary income to splurge on items like CD's when you're trying to make ends meet as they say. The poor French economy is also a major factor in her CD sales as well as many other artists who've also seen their sales drop during these tough economic times.

I ran across an article yesterday the went into how really bad things are in France these days and the increasing exodus of the young and the successful out of the country for better opportunities. I would post a link but at the moment due to the premise of the article I'm waiting for permission from the Mods to whether I can post it over in Off Topic or not. The board has rules and I don't want to ruffle any feathers with this one.

lapinschous
05-22-2013, 02:40 PM
One factor that hasn't been addressed is the French economy really sucks and people just don't have a lot of discretionary income to splurge on items like CD's when you're trying to make ends meet as they say. The poor French economy is also a major factor in her CD sales as well as many other artists who've also seen their sales drop during these tough economic times.

Actually France's GDP has increased of half a trillion dollars since 2000 and the "exodus" you're talking about can be explained by europe's change of education policies which entices more and more students to get experience in certain domains , abroad that's why thousands of french students are going to the germany and the UK each year just like thousands of spanish, italians , english or eastern european students are coming to france , thousands of german students to eastern europe ... etc. That's one of the freedom the European Unions introduces to euro students.

As far as album sales are concerned, the real problems come from the shift of the mindset in the general public , peoplejust stopped buying music and started downloading the stuff for free as soon as they realized what the Internet could offer ...

ALS
05-22-2013, 05:29 PM
lapinschous, they were not talking about students moving between countries for education opportunities. In this article were discussing the exodus of families, business owners and graduating university students leaving France for the sole purpose of immigrating to other countries for a better financial opportunity. The big change in students attitudes they discuss in the article is that the average university student no longer wants to work for a large company, instead they're looking at life as an entrepreneur and working for themselves. I'll PM you the link.

Chuck
05-22-2013, 11:15 PM
Wow! This is one of the most interesting (i.e. funniest) threads i've seen in this forum in a long time! Pardon my French, but it also looks a lot like déjà __ing vu ! Merci à Lapinschous for bringing this to our attention and starting the whole ball rolling !!!!

Anyways, here's my picks for the highlights so far:

I hate to say it, but I think Alizee is toast.

French toast is one of my very favorite things!

The sales figures are based on certain stores' willingness to share their data.
It does not reflect the sales in France. Only in some stores in France.
The numbers are for CDs only.
Does it surprise anybody that people buy less CDs now than they did in 2003?

The "album sales figure " does not reflect the fact that a large percentage of Alizée's audience is outside of France, thus buying their music outside of France.

Here's something else:
If 95% of Alizée's Facebook fans did not buy the album, that still means 30000 sales.

Apart from Alizée and her team, nobody has accurate sales figures; least of all French tabloids who certainly do not care about "informing the public".

P♠N, I agree with you, wholeheartedly, but: if this wasn't the digital age, she'd be okay? Same goes for linotypists.

Don't call it a comeback , she's been here for years - ROCKING her peers .

YAY!

Lapinscous, thank you for the translations.

YAY C-4!!! Hi Stephen! Hope all's well, esp you.

Euphoria, call me atypical then, because I'm a fan of her music, and because I think she's got the second most perfect singing voice ever. First goes to Françoise Hardy.

Try to enjoy good aspects of the forum rather than getting frustrated about everything which you dislike slightly.

Well, yeah, and hi, MA, but then - when does the fun start?

Yes, it's true. The queen is dead. Long live the queen!

...So the fact is there will be a next album and I'm sure there will be many others too.. she's an established artist in her own right and that's a fact.

Françoise Hardy (see above) has been recording for over fifty years - since I was a baby! And now more inventive, powerful, and magical than ever. And Alizée's sure to do the same, si elle l'veut.

Agreed. If it's Lolita you want then I can understand your mourning Davedel. But the rest of us have grown up along with Lilly and her music/style. For my part I'm 21 now, not the same 17 year old that was introduced to Zée.

Hi, Fall0! Belated happy birthday to you!! Boy you said it. I'm almost 52 now, not some 48 year-old kid like I used to be! ;)

its going here on really weird way...

OUAIS.

Yes, I agree. And 5 is a great final product, a good album even with all the problems and delays.

DOUBLE OUAIS!

Karin I agree with your comments completely. (...) Yes we all like her twitter photographs, but she needs to do a lot more to get her message and "Brand" out to the fans.
(.....)
BTW, that might be a concert worth seeing, being the GoGo's are touring with the B-52's this summer. :dance: How do I know that because I saw it on their web page when looking for it for this post.

The B's and the Go-Go's? Aaaaaahhhh! Which band's opening?

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-basic/popcorn.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

Thass rite. I have nothing more to say, it`s all been said quite well.

Quinetiam
05-22-2013, 11:28 PM
Euphoria is right, in matters of this post.

Fall
05-23-2013, 05:33 PM
Hi, Fall0! Belated happy birthday to you!! Boy you said it. I'm almost 52 now, not some 48 year-old kid like I used to be! ;)
My birthday is in December but thanks Chuck, hehe :p

Euphoria
05-23-2013, 10:09 PM
I didn't mean people on this forum. I meant more like the people who "like" her on FB because they see a hot chick. I wouldn't call them real fans, but when you look at the numbers on her FB, twitter, instagram, vs. album sales, it just makes you wonder who really likes her as an artist.

Rev
05-23-2013, 10:12 PM
She is famous. That's enough for a lot of them. :)

Quinetiam
05-23-2013, 10:30 PM
Yup, She's done.

Half of her Live appearances she crow's like drunk Bluejay.

Her appearance is sloppy and too casual.

2-3 Good songs on the new album but on the rest she sounds like a 12 year old on Youtube.