PDA

View Full Version : NYC - Sept 19-21, 2013

Rev
07-21-2013, 11:57 PM
The window might still be open to get Alizée to NYC sometime during Sept 19-21, 2013.

The Francofolies in New-York from 19 to 21 September

THE FRANCOFOLIES make their U.S. debut with a prestigious evening tribute to EDITH PIAF, on September 19 at the Beacon Theatre in New York chaired by Charles Aznavour, this creation of prestige to the Beacon Theatre devoted to EDITH PIAF will bring together twenty French and international artists and will celebrate the directory of la vie en rose on the occasion of the 50th anniversary of his disappearance.
Here's a first preview artists confirmed for this exceptional event: Jean-Louis Aubert, Patricia Kaas, Julien Clerc, Duffy, Beth Ditto, Angelique Kidjo, Zaz, Olivia Ruiz, Cœur de Pirate, Nolwenn Leroy, Camelia Jordana... Soon raise curtain on the international artists who will be joining us!
The prestigious evening of September 19 at the Beacon Theatre will be broadcast on France 2 in a prime-time special!
Around this exceptional concert will be organized several events with the participating artists in venues from New York... from 19 to 21 September!
http://www.nolwenn.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/djpc-202x300.jpg (http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=&to=en&a=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nolwenn.org%2Fwordpress%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F07%2Fdjpc.jpg)

The above can be read two ways: Either they have everyone and are only telling us about some of them, OR they are not final with them all yet.

IF they are not final with them all yet, then this leaves a window of opportunity to throw one more name in the ring (if it is not already there).

What do you think? :)

Jake04
07-22-2013, 01:01 AM
Let's our voices be heard! Let's request for Alizee! :need:

Un-rêve
07-22-2013, 07:58 PM
This event looks pomising for france and Alizée!!!

Scruffydog777
07-22-2013, 10:04 PM
After getting off of work this morning, I drove down to Cape Cod (2hours) to go fishing with my brother. It was a long long day of catching nothing but dog fish, though we did get 4 lobsters. I got home around 9pm and was dead tired, I figured I'd do a quick check of the forum and my e-mail, then I'd collapse into bed and then I stumbled across this. Now I probably wont be able to sleep for another 24 hours.

This is huge! Why? Because trying to arrange any type of concert in the U.S. or Canada for Alizee would probably require a lot of money on her or Sony's part. Something either one of them might not want to risk with the rumors that the album is apparently not doing well.

This would probably be at minimal cost to her and Sony and as I've said before, once you get her on this side of the pond, the sky is the limit as to what can happen. As I've said, a late night talk show would love to have her. if she could get on a show like that, I bet a magazine like People would love to do an article on her.

I had sent FI AF in New York a letter the same day, but before I realized this was posted, asking them if they'd be interested in me sending them 2 of Alizee's cds.

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/1323/kykq.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/585/kykq.jpg/)

I received the following auto response

Greetings:

I am currently out of the office but checking emails regularly. I will
return on July 23rd. If you have an urgent inquiry regarding an event
or venue rental, please contact:
Aurelia Carrie, Events & Catering Manager via email at: acarrie@fiaf.org
or telephone: 646-388-6669. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Wendy Laurent
Director of Sales
FIAF

So will I hear back from her. I've had very little results as far as my e-mails, so the thing to do is to send her the 2 cds with a letter saying how great it would be to have a beautiful woman like Alizee on their show.

If we don't hear back from them or even if we hear back in a negative way, I think we need to contact Sony. I think if the right people at Sony heard about this idea, they would be all for it. Like I said, cost would be minimal compared to a concert and it could open up a whole new market to her.

Now the contacts I have info for at Sony are relatively low echelon. They probably have more to do with setting up things like what happened at fnac, but I'm sure they have contacts and I'm sure if they like this idea, which I'm sure they will, that info will be passed on.

So we need to get members opinions on this, but we cant afford to wait too long, so I say a week from today is when we set as decision day as for how we will handle this.

Should we also ask AF to start a discussion about this? If there is a lot of talk about this in the forums, people who say they are in the know will hear about it. But who will they pass that info on to? Alizee? I quite frankly don't think it would do a bit of good for her to hear about it. It has to be Sony. Will our discussions in the forums be heard by Sony? I don't think so. But we have something now, we didn't have in previous years and that is contact info!

EDIT:

After we get Alizee to New York, we're going to elect Rev as our next president!

Un-rêve
07-22-2013, 11:16 PM
After getting off of work this morning, I drove down to Cape Cod (2hours) to go fishing with my brother.

:omg: You've been to Cape Cod!!!

This could be a great omen. :omg: It reminds me of this movie Splash with Daryl Hannah and Tom Hanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmTbMFu6Pas

Cape Cod man Cape Cod!!! :omg:

Fall
07-23-2013, 12:00 AM
After we get Alizee to New York, we're going to elect Rev as our next president!
And Jake for VP!
If I could vote I would so do it :D

I really think Alizee's best chance is in New York. Nolwenn is coming back there next month after a performance there last year.

It's should have been Alizee!!! :whine::whine::whine:

I'm happy for Nolwenn though. :D

http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/4332/hlu0.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/594/hlu0.jpg/)

lapinschous
07-23-2013, 09:57 AM
Looks like the US cares more about Piaf than France does ^^

Must be the "Inception effect"

lefty12357
07-23-2013, 05:38 PM
I see Camelia Jordana is on the list of artists for the NY show. I'm pretty sure she is with Sony, and maybe some of the others listed as well. So I would think Sony is well aware of this show. I wonder if they approached Alizée about participating.

Scruffydog777
07-24-2013, 01:42 AM
Here's a rough draft of a letter I will send to the Sony rep.
Please make suggestions for changes.

I'm the member of AlizeeAmerica in the U.S., that you mailed the 80 cds of Alizée's latest album "5" to.

We are well aware of how hard Sony has been working to promote her an her new album in France

We recently learned of an event that is taking place in New York city, that would be a great and "relatively" inexpensive way, to promote her in this country.

"The Francofolies in New-York from 19 to 21 September

http://www.beacontheatre.com/events/2013/september/francofolies.html

THE FRANCOFOLIES make their U.S. debut with a prestigious evening tribute to EDITH PIAF, on September 19 at the Beacon Theatre in New York chaired by Charles Aznavour, this creation of prestige to the Beacon Theatre devoted to EDITH PIAF will bring together twenty French and international artists and will celebrate the directory of la vie en rose on the occasion of the 50th anniversary of his disappearance.
Here's a first preview artists confirmed for this exceptional event: Jean-Louis Aubert, Patricia Kaas, Julien Clerc, Duffy, Beth Ditto, Angelique Kidjo, Zaz, Olivia Ruiz, Cœur de Pirate, Nolwenn Leroy, Camelia Jordana... Soon raise curtain on the international artists who will be joining us!
The prestigious evening of September 19 at the Beacon Theatre will be broadcast on France 2 in a prime-time special!
Around this exceptional concert will be organized several events with the participating artists in venues from New York... from 19 to 21 September!"

Camelia Jordana produced an album with the Sony label. Alizée is close freinds with Nolwenn and has appeared with several of these artists in Les Enfoires.

Now having Alizee perform a concert in America would be an expensive venture, but this in comparison would be so much cheaper and once you get her to New York, I think a world of opportunities would open up. I think a talk show host like David Letterman would love to have her on his show. He, his audience and America would be fascinated by her, her beauty and the story behind her. If Letterman had her on his show, Leno would probably want to have her on his show on the west coast and if she did appear on one of these talk shows, I'm sure a magazine like People would want to do a story on her.

I think it wouldn't matter at all that there were no English songs on this latest album. It does matter that she has sung songs in English, but one of the main things is that main stream America hasn't seen or heard her before.

I know her English is probably limited, but there are ways around that.A lot of times when they have a foreign speaking celebrity on they'll rehearse in advance what will be said. Sometimes they'll wear earphones where someone can coach them or sometimes they'll have someone along side of them who can interpret what is said. In other words, the language barrier is no barrier.

A world of opportunites could open up for her at a relatively low cost, by her making an appearence in this show in New York. The American media would absolutely love this woman, if they only had a chance to meet her.

Aldighieri
07-24-2013, 05:21 PM
Second this!

Ray4AJ
07-24-2013, 08:18 PM
Hey Scruffy. It looks good to me, just a few little things I saw. Remove the red words and add the green words. :)

Here's a rough draft of a letter I will send to the Sony rep.
Please make suggestions for changes.

I'm the member of AlizeeAmerica in the U.S., that you mailed the 80 cds of Alizée's latest album "5" to.

We are well aware of how hard Sony has been working to promote her an her new album in France

We recently learned of an event that is taking place in New York city, that would be a great and "relatively"inexpensive way, to promote her in this country.

"The Francofolies in New-York from 19 to 21 September

http://www.beacontheatre.com/events/2013/september/francofolies.html

Around this exceptional concert will be organized several events with the participating artists in venues from New York... from 19 to 21 September!"

Camelia Jordana produced an album with the Sony label. Alizée is close freinds with Nolwenn and has appeared with several of these artists in Les Enfoires.

Now having Alizee perform a concert in America would be an expensive venture, but this in comparison would be so much cheaper and once you get her to New York, I think a world of opportunities would open up. I think a talk show host like David Letterman would love to have her on his show. He, his audience and America would be fascinated by her, her beauty and the story behind her. If Letterman had her on his show, Leno would probably want to have her on his show on the west coast and if she did appear on one of these talk shows, I'm sure a magazine like People would want to do a story on her.

I think it wouldn't matter at all that there were no English songs on this latest album. It does matter that she has sung songs in English, but one of the main things is that main stream America hasn't seen or heard her before.

I know her English may be is probably limited, but there are ways around that.A lot of times when they have a foreign speaking celebrity on they'll rehearse in advance what will be said. Sometimes they'll wear earphones where someone can coach them or sometimes they'll have someone along side of them who can interpret what is said. In other words, the language barrier is no barrier.

A world of opportunites could open up for her at a relatively low cost, by her making an appearence in this show in New York. The American media would absolutely love this woman, if they only had a chance to meet her.

Also, here is the text in French of the event announcement, with some additional background (I think) info, from http://francosnewyork.com/fr/1/

LES FRANCOFOLIES font leurs débuts américains avec une soirée prestigieuse en hommage à EDITH PIAF, le 19 septembre au Beacon Theatre de New York

Présidée par Charles Aznavour, cette création de prestige au Beacon Theatre consacrée à EDITH PIAF réunira une vingtaine d’artistes français et internationaux et mettra à l’honneur le répertoire de la Môme à l’occasion des 50 ans de sa disparition.

MORGANE, avec ses partenaires américains The Agency Group et Metropolitan Entertainment, a choisi la plus belle affiche pour rendre hommage aux chansons de PIAF, le tout accompagné par un orchestre franco-américain.

Voici la liste des artistes français et internationaux qui participent à cet évènement exceptionnel : Duffy, Beth Ditto, Julien Clerc, Madeleine Peyroux, Patricia Kaas, Alex Hepburn, Nolwenn Leroy, Jean-Louis Aubert, Marianne Faithfull, Charles Dumont, Camélia Jordana, Angélique Kidjo, Coeur de Pirate, Olivia Ruiz, Zaz…

Cette soirée de gala sera retransmise ensuite sur France 2 lors d’un prime time spécial.

Autour de ce concert exceptionnel seront organisés plusieurs évènements avec les artistes participants, au Standard Hotel situé dans East Village à New York…les 20 et 21 septembre !

Les Francofolies est un festival de musique créé en 1985 à La Rochelle en Charente-Maritime, à l’initiative de Jean-Louis Foulquier. Au cours des trois décennies, les Francofolies de La Rochelle ont présenté plus de 2 800 artistes et organisé plus de 160 jours et nuits de concerts. Présidé par Gérard Pont depuis 2005, le festival s’engage à faire connaître et diffuser la chanson et les musiques actuelles essentiellement d’expression française et francophone auprès d’un large public.

Cet été, du 12 au 16 juillet, la 29ème édition du festival a réuni 120 000 spectateurs.

Depuis sa création, le festival a toujours été novateur et reconnu comme le grand rendez-vous de la chanson et des musiques actuelles francophones, avec une programmation des plus représentatives de la chanson populaire, à la chanson plus alternative, en passant par les spectacles jeune public et la découverte des jeunes talents. Le festival rayonne également à l’international : au Québec depuis 1989 avec la création des Francofolies de Montréal, et en Belgique avec les Francofolies de Spa, depuis 1994.

Cet automne marque donc les débuts américains des Francofolies.

Scruffydog777
07-24-2013, 09:57 PM
Will do! I think time is against us. I will send e-mails to both Sony contacts I have tomorrow in case one might be away on vacation or something and of course I'll explain that to both of them.

Scruffydog777
07-25-2013, 05:54 PM
As mentioned before, I sent out two e-mails today to reps at Sony. Bad news is one was an intern and left the company on Friday. Talk about timing! Good new is first of all, my e-mail got through to him; secondly, he provided me with 2 more e-mail contacts, so I fired off 2 more e-mails.

On another promotional front, I received this e-mail today from the Canaidan Broadcast Company,

Hi Mr. Hardy :

We have received your letter and are pleased to answer it.

We suggest you to send your albums from Alizée and Mylene Farmer to our Music Librarian, who will share them with Espace musique and Premiere Chaine Radio producers.

Please send your parcel at the following address :

Radio-Canada
1400, Rene-Levesque Blvd. East, B 67-1
Montreal, Quebec H2L 2M2

Thanks for your interest in Radio-Canada.

Danielle Thibault
Audience Relations

So I will send them a couple of cds tomorrow.

Ray4AJ
07-25-2013, 11:00 PM
Great work Scruffy!

Fall
07-25-2013, 11:53 PM
That's great! I hope those two new Sony contacts are interested, it would have been good to have known them beforehand like the original two.
Thanks for the update Scruffy :)

Scruffydog777
09-13-2013, 08:37 AM
I finally got an answer from one of the Sony reps concerning my letter to them suggesting Alizée appear in New York in the show that was a tribute to Edith Piaf.

Hi David,

I’m sorry for my late answer. Summer break and lots of stuff….

Alizee is confirmed at “Danse with the stars” TV show in France and so she is stuck in Paris for the next months….

Thanks a lot ,

Iris

A little late, but it's good to know I still have a contact there that might come in handy some day.

lefty12357
09-21-2013, 11:02 AM
Here's a short video from this event in New York.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKgwVbahHyM

Scruffydog777
09-21-2013, 06:34 PM
What a voice Nowlwenn has! It's a shame to see several of these singers here that Alizée has performed with on L.E. and not see Alizée there. We'll have to keep this time of year in the back of our minds until next year to see if a similar show might happen in N.Y.

Rev
09-21-2013, 06:52 PM
What a voice Nowlwenn has! It's a shame to see several of these singers here that Alizée has performed with on L.E. and not see Alizée there. We'll have to keep this time of year in the back of our minds until next year to see if a similar show might happen in N.Y.

True. But we know why Alizée could not be here this year. We may never know if she was invited or not, but what she is doing now will make it more likely she will be invited the next time. :)