PDA

View Full Version : Alizee Club Deutschland on AAm Facebook page.

Junkmale
07-27-2013, 09:11 PM
Is there anything any of the admins can do about the constant posts from them on AAm Facebook page?

Obviously we all wish them every success for their page and we are glad they are enthusiastic and are working hard to promote Alizee in Germany and further afield.

But it's got to the point now where there is just post after post after post from them cluttering up the page. I think it's gotten well beyond the point of saying enough is enough?

It's a good and positive thing to pool our resources and help to promote and encourage other sites, blogs, forums and FB pages etc but the page is AAm and it should be stopped sooner rather than later.

No offence whatsoever intended to anyone from ACD if they are members here.

Fall
07-27-2013, 11:12 PM
Yeah I've seen that, the page being bombarded is the Alizée America Facebook Group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/6737844981/), I don't think anybody here can do much about it. I don't think there's any kind of admin there, one is free to join and post, or add people to the group. :dontknow:

The Alizée America Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/AlizeeAmerica) has at least a couple of admins I'm sure, but nobody has updated it in months.

Then I ran across this profile (https://www.facebook.com/alizee.america.9), I have no idea who might be behind it, hehe :/)

Junkmale
07-27-2013, 11:27 PM
Ah...i thought that the group page WAS the 'Official' AAm page. I wasn't aware that there was another one. Nobody really mentions it here all that much.
My stupidity with all things social networking knows no bounds.

Surprised that no one has updated for awhile? These days a presence on FB is sorta important i would presume?

But problem solved for me. I'll leave the group and 'like' the other page.
Thanks Fall!

Ray4AJ
07-27-2013, 11:39 PM
I didn't even know AAm had a FB page. I dabbled a bit with FB before but it's too open and seems to intrude too much searching for data on my devices so I don't use it. Some pages are visible without logging in and even with those I'm not often impressed. Most (NOT all) fan pages seem more interested in out-doing one another rather than actually supporting Alizée, as well as trying to get her attention. I really dislike when they post stolen or unofficial or paparazzi pictures. Oh, well. Perhaps these are just my issues.

Fall
07-27-2013, 11:39 PM
Ah...i thought that the group page WAS the 'Official' AAm page. I wasn't aware that there was another one. Nobody really mentions it here all that much.
My stupidity with all things social networking knows no bounds.

Surprised that no one has updated for awhile? These days a presence on FB is sorta important i would presume?

But problem solved for me. I'll leave the group and 'like' the other page.
Thanks Fall!
Well you're actually not wrong I think. If I recall correctly, Puffyrock2 started the AAm facebook group back when there were only "Groups" and "Become A Fan" pages on Facebook. I suppose it was better to make an AAm group at the time. Then this "page" one came later. Anyway, glad I could help :)

Junkmale
07-27-2013, 11:50 PM
I didn't even know AAm had a FB page. I dabbled a bit with FB before but it's too open and seems to intrude too much searching for data on my devices so I don't use it. Some pages are visible without logging in and even with those I'm not often impressed. Most (NOT all) fan pages seem more interested in out-doing one another rather than actually supporting Alizée, as well as trying to get her attention. I really dislike when they post stolen or unofficial or paparazzi pictures. Oh, well. Perhaps these are just my issues.

You are right it's not for everyone. I enjoy FB most of the time. When it used the way it's supposed to be used it's a powerful 'tool' and it really does help you keep in touch with what your friends are getting up to.
I agree with your other point.
A while ago i got accused of 'stealing' stuff on a regular basis over at Ewa Farna UK. It got so bad at one point that i had to write something about the whole Copyright and fan unity thing.
You might (or might not!) be interested in what i had to say about it Ray -

http://ewa-farna-uk.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/a-little-note-about-sharing-and.html

The nasty emails and messages have ceased since then although the occasional one still arrives.

Ray4AJ
07-28-2013, 12:27 AM
When it used the way it's supposed to be used it's a powerful 'tool' and it really does help you keep in touch with what your friends are getting up to.

Haha, I distance myself from my friends. They make too many demands of my time. Well, family also.

You might (or might not!) be interested in what i had to say about it Ray -

That was interesting. It's pretty much what I was thinking. By stolen I was thinking about stolen from Alizée or from who knows where. I think sometimes people she knows will post photos of her from private situations and that may be okay with her, but to repost something like that, to me, might not be something she would want. Personally I think that the photos fans post should be either released by the artist themselves (as on Instagram or Facebook, etc) or via official channels, or be photos from public events (appearances/performances) where the artist is aware that anything could be photographed.

I follow the Alizée world on Instagram rather closely. Twitter somewhat. Recently on Instagram a photo appeared that I'm certain isn't 'authorized' (I'm using that word for lack of coming up with a better one) and was reposted a few times. I understand that once a photo is out there it will take on a life of it's own, so I let it go. How is someone to know where each photo came from? Nothing I can do about it.

Maybe it would be nice if people mentioned where they found a new photo that they reposted. I know that won't happen though, everyone wants to keep their sources secret.

Well, I've taken this far off topic.

lefty12357
07-28-2013, 11:57 AM
I believe Aaron and I were mostly maintaining the AAm FB. It seems both of us have gotten so busy that we really have not kept up with it. I never have the time or opportunity during the weekdays to get on the internet until late afternoon or evening. The fact that Europe is ahead of us by 6 hours (give or take an hour) makes the situation even worse, and so all the news and pictures worth posting are already really old news by the time I get on the internet. I guess I thought it was really pointless to spend all that time posting stuff that was already posted by everyone else, hours and hours ago. And the same is true with our Twitter account. I guess I feel these tools would be better utilized if it were done in a more timely fashion.

If someone who has access to the internet during the day, and has the desire to maintain the AAm FB or Twitter, PM me and I will discuss it with the mods about getting you access to the accounts. Our goal was never to be the ones with the breaking news, but just to maintain a presence in a timely manner on Twitter and FB.