PDA

View Full Version : The Music Industry Today

Wizard
08-08-2013, 11:34 AM
I've always wondered why it seems so difficult for gifted vocalists and songwriters to get "ahead" in the music industry. I know I become frustrated when I hear a talented singer not get the deserved recognition while others, significantly less talented, seem to explode into the world music scene and become over-night sensations. We as fans of Alizée, also get frustrated with her seemingly lackluster promotion by her label and even more so, her complete absence in the United States. I can empathize with many of you here, regarding her apparent reticence toward mounting a more aggressive marketing campaign or going on tour. Maybe, there's more to it than meets the eye.

This interesting article I found In Explainer Music indicates that it is not as easy as it perhaps once was.

http://tinyurl.com/ncz5kqx

Note: not sure this thread belongs here- after looking through the site, it seemed the most appropriate place to post it.

Aldighieri
08-08-2013, 05:58 PM
Sex + easy music = $$$$
Alizee don't like that. (Except the total. I presume)

Jake04
08-09-2013, 12:38 AM
Very good read. Thanks, Wizard! :2_thumbs:

Ray4AJ
08-09-2013, 10:16 PM
That's a really interesting article. I'm more confused than ever! :)

Fall
08-09-2013, 11:34 PM
Well that just blew my mind, I had no idea how any of that worked :13:
I suppose there is no "right choice" in purchasing music without somebody being ripped off? :/)

zingy
12-19-2015, 09:42 PM
The reason music went downhill is because of the extreme copyright laws. It is almost impossible to build on the past.

As far as Napster and downloading, people were recording singles for free from the radio for decades before they came along.