PDA

View Full Version : Forum calendar feature

Ray4AJ
01-01-2014, 06:27 PM
A few questions regarding the forum calendar. Today I saw an article that reminded me of the date of an upcoming broadcast. I thought I'd start using the calendar feature of my phone for these things, but also thought to see if there was a forum calendar, which there is.

Question 1) Can someone fix it so that the new year is available? It seems to be stuck on December, 2013. In searching the support topics I see that a similar problem occurred in the past.

Question 2) (I would have explored this on my own had January been available) Can anyone add things to the calendar, and how are scheduled things announced?

Often I find that I forget about an appearance or program and thought this might help me at least.

Merci Alizée
01-01-2014, 08:52 PM
2014 calendar is now available on the forum.

Events can be added to the calendar.

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/calendar.php

Are you able to see the option to add an event?

Ray4AJ
01-01-2014, 09:18 PM

Yes.

I added my event January 17.

Thanks! I will even be getting a reminder notification.

Fall
01-02-2014, 02:04 AM

Yep, Ray suggested the Les Enfoires and DALS Tour dates be added on there, which I have. Well, the LE dates and the January DALS Tour dates at least. I tried adding one for today to see what it would look like, but it seems (I haven't checked everywhere) like the only places you can notice an event is on the Calendar page itself or at the bottom of the main Forums page. You'd have to request a notification for each one to know what's going on the day-of. Is there any way to move that closer to the top? Maybe where the birthday announcement banner thing shows up? Just a suggestion :)

Wizard
01-02-2014, 10:32 AM
Thanks Ray, for bringing this up. I did not realize that the calendar feature existed and it would notify you of coming events, as long you adjusted it to do so. I will look at this feature in more detail and start using it. Maybe now I won't come in on the back end of her appearances!

Scruffydog777
01-02-2014, 07:03 PM
I wonder if it might be possible to use a different colored font for birthdays. There are so many of them which makes it tougher to pick out the Alizée events.

One other question I have is there are events such as the Francophiles show in NY and there are similar shows in Canada and other parts of the U.S. I believe that when the time comes up, I'd like to urge her to go to if her schedule allows and maybe urge the shows to invite her which has a much bigger possibility of happening with her recent success. Is there a way to put a note in the calendar when the date as of yet may not be fixed. Maybe adding a notes section to the calendar for monthly events?

Merci Alizée
01-02-2014, 09:32 PM
1. Getting calendar notifications at the top

2. Different font and color

I don't have option to implement any of those two features directly. I guess it can be done, but I might not have enough permissions to do so. Even if I have, it will take some time to understand where to make changes and what exactly do I need to change.

Edit:

Ok, I changed the color of birthday and events shown on the calendar page. If you have suggestion for color and font then do tell me.

Scruffydog777
01-03-2014, 04:25 PM
I'm not picky about color. I just think it should be something that will stand out and will still be clear on smaller screens of smart phones and such.

Fall
01-03-2014, 09:58 PM
I suggest black for the birthdays, and red for Alizée events so that they stand out more, and well because they're AAm colors. But for some reason we can't see the changes, MA said he will spend some time on it when he gets a chance :)
Thanks Merci!

Ray4AJ
01-04-2014, 04:36 PM
Well, everything still shows up in black text on my calendar...

From here : http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/faq.php?s=&do=search&q=calendars&match=all&titlesonly=0

In addition, the administrator could create additional private calendars for individual members or for specific user groups.

Maybe a new user group could be created "Members interested in her schedule" that was open for everyone to join or they could be joined automatically and the group could have a calendar without the birthdays.

Merci Alizée
01-04-2014, 07:25 PM
Well, everything still shows up in black text on my calendar...

From here : http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/faq.php?s=&do=search&q=calendars&match=all&titlesonly=0

Maybe a new user group could be created "Members interested in her schedule" that was open for everyone to join or they could be joined automatically and the group could have a calendar without the birthdays.

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/calendar.php?s=&month=1&year=2014&do=&c=2

Events Calendar without birthdays.

Ray4AJ
01-04-2014, 11:10 PM
Oh! Thanks MA!

I think I've added everything we know about to the Events Calendar. I like that we can set our own reminder notifications.

Fall
01-05-2014, 03:17 AM
Thanks Merci, it's way better now. I thought maybe we could make only the Events calendar viewable by non-members? That way non-members or ones who haven't logged in can see what they're probabably more interested in seeing

Ray4AJ
01-05-2014, 06:34 AM
aaand maybe we could call it 'Alizée's Events Calendar' ? :p

Merci Alizée
01-05-2014, 07:02 AM
Ok, so just to make it clear, we have 2 calendars now. Events calendar and Default calendar. You can switch calendars from dropdown at the bottom right of calendar page.

Events calendar will be used for adding events related to Alizee only. All registered and unregistered users can view events calendar.

Default calendar (maybe I should use some other name as by default events calendar is shown on calendar page) will not be accessible to uregistered user. It will automatically show birthdays of all users.

All birthdays and events will be shown at the bottom of the forum page.

You can add reminder for any event.

Ray4AJ will be moderator for Events calendar, so he can edit or delete events posted by other users.

Fall
01-05-2014, 10:56 PM
Great! But I checked just now and earlier, when not logged in you can't see any events on the events calendar, it's just blank. Other than that, the thing works exactly as you said :)

Merci Alizée
01-06-2014, 10:32 PM
Great! But I checked just now and earlier, when not logged in you can't see any events on the events calendar, it's just blank. Other than that, the thing works exactly as you said :)

Changes done.

Scruffydog777
01-07-2014, 12:09 PM
Great job MA! I have one question as far as a reminder for an event such as the Francofolies in NY this past September that I was urging her through Sony (and other ways, nudge, nudge, say no more.) to attend but it turns out she was commited to DALS.

When the time comes this year, probably around september again, I'd like to put in a reminder of that event because I know I'll forget when the time comes and if her schedule isn't busy then, I'd like to send Sony a reminder if she is still connected with them and my contact info is still good. I'm sure now that she has the 2014 DALS champion on her resume, they'd be very eager to have her in their show.

So as a reminder, would I just click on add an event, then title it something like "Possible event, Francofiles in NY?" ? or is there another way to do it.

A situation came up with Dear Darlin. We knew Olly Murs was going to be holding a concert in Paris on a specific date this past September, but because of her participation in DALS, we didn't know until a couple of weeks before she'd be in it. So that was another "possible event", I would want to add to a calendar if a similar situation arises.

Ray4AJ
01-07-2014, 12:52 PM
Set your tentative event, in the description mention that its tentative. Then after the event is saved you can set up a reminder notification. Only you will get the notice. You can always go and edit the event or delete it, and change the notification settings.

Scruffydog777
01-07-2014, 03:33 PM
Got it...........thanks!!!

Merci Alizée
01-08-2014, 11:53 AM
Location field added to the events.

Ray4AJ
01-11-2014, 11:06 PM
I've set up a few reminders and I haven't received email notifications. I checked my User CP and I don't see any options about getting them. ?

Merci Alizée
01-12-2014, 04:27 AM
I've set up a few reminders and I haven't received email notifications. I checked my User CP and I don't see any options about getting them. ?

Have you ever recieved any notification?

Ray4AJ
01-12-2014, 06:31 AM
Date:01/12/2014 4:27 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: Ray
Subject: Reply to thread 'Forum calendar feature'

Dear Ray4AJ,

Merci Alizée has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Forum calendar feature - in the Support forum of Alizée America Forum.

This thread is located at:
http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7703&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:

---Quote (Originally by Ray4AJ)---
---End Quote---
Have you ever recieved any notification?

There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

All the best,
Alizée America Forum

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, I get them all the time for forum posts and PMs.