PDA

View Full Version : Malaysian Boeing 777 crash

Scruffydog777
03-08-2014, 07:25 PM
Just a quick thought on this crash which at this point is far too early to figure out what went wrong, you have to just shake your head when you learn that there were 2 people listed on the passenger manifest who were not on the flight, but were people who reported their passports stolen.

Now if someone had their passport stolen recently, you could maybe understand there being a delay in those numbers making it to a world data base, but one was reported stolen over 6 months ago and the other over 2 years ago!!!!!

How can that happen? That info should have been on local files already and this is in a country that has it's fair share of problems with rebels. I'm not saying it was a terrorist act at this point, but those 2 passports should have in no way made it through their security system.

Ray4AJ
03-08-2014, 07:47 PM
I was just reading about that and wondering the same thing. I was trying to remember back to the times I've flown internationally (just a few times) and I can't remember the level of scrutiny my passport received before boarding. I know several people saw it each time but were they just comparing it to the name on the ticket?

I had always figured that things like this would have been checked somehow everywhere.

Scruffydog777
03-09-2014, 01:24 AM
It doesn't scare me that there are people out there looking to do something like this, but it does scare me that something that should have been very easily detected got by their security.

ALS
03-09-2014, 11:17 AM
I can't tell you how many people I know that work in Washington for the Alphabet agencies and military (Pentagon) who will not step onto a commercial airliner. Government owned, charter, private, corporate or military only. These guys when they fly Corporate they're buying the extra seats on these partially filled planes.

Just for an example luckyjets.com/emptyseatdeals (http://www.luckyjets.com/emptyseatdeals/)
How-to-score-seat-on-private-jet-for-less-than-business-class-airline-ticket (http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2013/08/28/how-to-score-seat-on-private-jet-for-less-than-business-class-airline-ticket/)

The cost is similar to a First Class ticket with out all the BS we peons now have to go through. I remember there is a sorting house web site somewhere that you can actually plan your trips around these Corporate flight schedules.

george007
03-09-2014, 02:19 PM
The first thing that came to my mind upon hearing the news was whether it was a planned hijack, due to the nature it disappeared without any distress signal or reported technical problems.
BTW aren't there any GPS transponders or anything of similar nature on the plane that could make the search and rescue easier?

Ray4AJ
03-09-2014, 06:33 PM
So if Interpol knew that some countries and/or airlines never checked it's list of stolen passports, why didn't they ever mention it before?

lapinschous
03-12-2014, 02:04 PM
My prayers go to the families of the victims and to the 2 french women that were on board :(

Well I guess, it's time for Malaysian to buy Airbus A350 instead ...