PDA

View Full Version : Free work around for Youtube country restrictions

ALS
04-28-2014, 07:37 PM
I found a FREE work around your limited geographical location restriction on on Youtube and Vevo videos. Got to love the internet. :)

Downside the free version is slow as molasses when you want to watch HD videos, plus you have wait one minute for it to connect to the foreign server.
Also the free version only gives you I understand three hours of access per day.

It would be good for grabbing the Youtube video at 720 or 1080 and using a video down loader. In Blonde's case it is looking like maybe 15 to 20 minutes for a HD 1080 version to download. As they say slow is better than nothing.

In our situation here in the U.S. with these restrictive videos that is all we really need.

If you are interested it's called Cyber Ghost 5 it is a worldwide VPN. You can pick the country you want to be hanging out in when you want to watch Alizée videos here in the U.S.. I picked France and in my case it has my IP located in Paris.

Nino
05-08-2014, 01:25 PM
I found Tunnelbear (https://www.tunnelbear.com/) incredibly useful for the same. They give 0.5GB of free usage every month(and an additional 1GB if you take part in their twitter promo). The bandwidth is pretty good and pricing of their premium products looks reasonable too. But 1.5GB is generally enough for a month.