PDA

View Full Version : Some alizee sites need translating

atra201
11-24-2006, 11:28 PM
hi everybody plz whoever can translate this site plz tell me if there is something good .
http://miss-alizee.over-blog.com/

atra201
11-26-2006, 10:33 AM
:( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Nobody can help.
:( :( :( :( :( :( :(
i guess i'll have to wait till i can do it myself Alizée. :(

Geech
11-26-2006, 11:44 AM
Go to http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr then use the "Translate a Web page ". That should work enough to see what you wanna see on the page. :D

Mozaik
11-26-2006, 12:58 PM
You can also try this:
http://translate.google.com/translate_t

garçoncanadien
11-26-2006, 02:20 PM
22 oct: Alizée chez Mickey !

"Alors que ma mère et moi, nous nous baladions dans Disney village, nous avons aperçu Alizée en compagnie de sa petite fille qui dormait dans un landau. Nous l'avons abordée. Je voulais poser en photo avec elle , mais elle a gentiment refusé, car elle ne voulait pas attirer l'attention sur elle. J'étais super-contente de l'avoir rencontrée, car malgré son absence, je l'aime toujours. Alizée, je te fais de gros bisous et j'espère que nos chemins se croiseront à nouveau."

While my mother and I were walking in Disney Village, we saw Alizée accompanying her little daughter who was sleeping in a baby buggy. We walked towards her. I wanted to get a photo with her, but she politely refused because she didn't want to draw attention to herself. I was really happy to have met her, because despite her absence, I love her always. Alizée, big kisses to you and I hope our roads will cross in the future.

Oct 24:

Voilà une deuxième version "miss-alizée" du célébre jeu "Qui veut gagner des millions" :

Here is a 2nd version "miss-alizée" of the celebrated game "Who wants to win a million"

Nov 15:

Alizée received a tinkerbell tattoo.

Nov 18:

The vote on the 10 unforgettable songs.

Nov 19:

Jessica's melodalizee site opened.

Nov 20:

On en a marre song released.

bt_bird_90
11-26-2006, 10:09 PM

While my mother and I were walking in Disney Village, we saw Alizée accompanying her little daughter who was sleeping in a baby buggy. We walked towards her. I wanted to get a photo with her, but she politely refused because she didn't want to draw attention to herself. I was really happy to have met her, because despite her absence, I love her always. Alizée, big kisses to you and I hope our roads will cross in the future.

Wow, everything about that sounds perfect, Alizée is soo cool:wub: . Hats off to that person for showing some restraint, and thanks garçoncanadien!

atra201
11-27-2006, 10:43 AM
so i have to beg first?
thanks to all

atra201
11-27-2006, 10:46 AM
Go to http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr then use the "Translate a Web page ". That should work enough to see what you wanna see on the page. :D

thanks but if i could do that i wouldn't be here begging

atra201
11-27-2006, 10:48 AM
You can also try this:
http://translate.google.com/translate_t

i tried that but i kept getting some rubbish letters and the rest still in french

atra201
11-27-2006, 10:50 AM

Oct 24:

Here is a 2nd version "miss-alizée" of the celebrated game "Who wants to win a million"

Nov 15:

Alizée received a tinkerbell tattoo.

Nov 18:

The vote on the 10 unforgettable songs.

Nov 19:

Jessica's melodalizee site opened.

Nov 20:

On en a marre song released.

i salute you thanks very much.
merci beaucoup.

rwd716
11-27-2006, 09:10 PM
Thanks Garcon!

Could someone translate the letter in the photo as well?

garçoncanadien
11-27-2006, 09:28 PM
you mean the article about the tattooing? I will gladly do :D so but please find me a clear picture first. I cannot see the text on the bottom of the page.

Cooney
11-28-2006, 03:31 AM
Unfortunately, the only thing it says about Alizée in the tattoo article is:

"J'ai terminé la tatouage de la chanteuse Alizée la semaine derniere. C'est une fée clochette" ("I finished the tattoo for the singer, Alizée, last week. It's a Tinkerbell")

That's in that last section on the bottom right, with the question "Un petit scoop : quelle es la dernière star que vous avez tatouée?" (A little scoop: who's the last star you tattooed?)

Nothing else in the article, as scanned, is germaine.

Cooney
11-28-2006, 11:11 AM
Err, I just looked again, and I'm guessing you meant the letter to Hit Machine Girl. Here's that one:

letter:
Hello "Hit Machine Girl!"
I became a fan of Alizée the day I saw "Moi... Lolita" on TV. I have no news of her anymore. Since her marriage to Jérémy and the birth of her baby, she hasn't recorded an album. I would like to know if she's working on a disc. Huge kisses, my Lolita, whom I adore!
Lili, 14 years old.

Reply:
What good news for you, Lili! Alizée has turned her path towards the studios since the beginning of the year. Despite it being her "one and only" who's writing the music for her next album, she has requested some of the biggest names in French music to write the lyrics, like Alain Bashung, Romane Serda, and Jean Fauque. In spite of the fact that Alizée is no longer under the guidance of Mylène Farmer, her opus will be a little marvel!

I've got some sort of problem in the middle of the response, where I couldn't figure out exactly the meaning of the phrase, but I think that about sums it up. It's possible they're saying if Jérémy is writing the music, she'll have the ability to call upon the big names mentioned... I'll need an outside eye on that one :-)

aFrenchie
11-28-2006, 12:03 PM
It's correct except "I haven't had any news of her". It's "I have no news of her anymore"

You've used "her "one and only"" and it's probably a good adaptation in English. Even in French, something's missing for me in "son cher et tendre", although you still can make nouns from adjectives if you want. Literally it means "her dear and tender" but it would have been better with a word after that, mari (husband) for example.

I've got some sort of problem in the middle of the response
I guess it's the "if" that brings you trouble? And the one of the last sentence too, I'm sure. They're used the same way here. I'll try to explain: those two "if" are not conditional, but have a bit the same sense as "in spite of". It's just another meaning that it can't have in French but not in English I think (?)
Taking the example of the last sentence (that is shorter ;)), it doesn't mean that if Alizée is no longer under the guidance of Mylène Farmer, her opus will necessarily be a little marvel :D. It actually means that in spite of the fact that she's no longer under her guidance, her opus will be a marvel nonetheless.

Cooney
11-28-2006, 07:25 PM
It's correct except "I haven't had any news of her". It's "I have no news of her anymore"

You've used "her "one and only"" and it's probably a good adaptation in English. Even in French, something's missing for me in "son cher et tendre", although you still can make nouns from adjectives if you want. Literally it means "her dear and tender" but it would have been better with a word after that, mari (husband) for example.

Ok, good. I was assuming they were referring to Jérémy there. We do the same thing in English, using adjectives as nouns in this situation, but I wasn't 100% sure. "One and only" is indeed an equivalent expression in English.

I guess it's the "if" that brings you trouble? And the one of the last sentence too, I'm sure. They're used the same way here. I'll try to explain: those two "if" are not conditional, but have a bit the same sense as "in spite of". It's just another meaning that it can't have in French but not in English I think (?)

It was the "if's" indeed. So, "si" is being translated a bit like "malgré" ?

Taking the example of the last sentence (that is shorter ;)), it doesn't mean that if Alizée is no longer under the guidance of Mylène Farmer, her opus will necessarily be a little marvel :D. It actually means that in spite of the fact that she's no longer under her guidance, her opus will be a marvel nonetheless.

I like that translation much better :-D Thanks aFrenchie.

aFrenchie
11-28-2006, 07:46 PM
It was the "if's" indeed. So, "si" is being translated a bit like "malgré" ?
Yes. Or in English, you still can imagine this, with "if":
"if Alizée is no longer under the guidance of Mylène Farmer, it doesn't mean that her opus won't be a little marvel"
That's exactly the French "if" in the original text, just said differently ;)

rwd716
11-28-2006, 07:54 PM
Thanks for tackling that guys. That was the article I was talking about.

riva2model64
11-28-2006, 08:27 PM
thank you, you guys, it was a most interesting read

atra201
11-28-2006, 11:58 PM
thank you, you guys, it was a most interesting read

hey don't mention it . :cool:

the person from behind the curtain "like he was talking about you". :D