PDA

View Full Version : Her Marriage and her becoming more of a celebrity

scameter
07-01-2006, 04:31 AM
From the first moment I discoverd her, only a couple weeks ago, I have been transfixed; I have attempted to listen and watch everything about her, from concerts, to music videos, ro interviews; I love her personality, her voice, her talent, her appearance, and her French-ness, and my adoration has no ceased- well, not much. Unfortunately, recently, I discovered a page on another Alizee discussion forum discussing her marriage in 2005. The picture attached to the article showed her and her new husband somewhere public (it looked like either a mall or an airport, but I'm not sure); I couldn't help, unfortunately, but to notice that she was wearing what looked like extremely rich attire simply there for glamour and to show her money because she could, and she also didn't act as.... light-hearted as she did before her marriage. I know this may seem very cynical or judgemental of me, but I can't help but feel that her marriage has begun in her a streak of normality as being a celebrity, moving farther into the realm of being a rich, arrogant celebrity, like most celebrities. I thought she was different, and initially she was for quite some time, and that is alot of why I like/liked her; but, now, it seems that the grips of her wealth and popularity are taking hold of her, making her more like a celebrity- arrogant and entrenched in her image and wealth. I just hope that my impression is untrue; although I fear it isn't.

aditya8617
07-01-2006, 04:38 AM
Can you post that image or sent the link as to where u saw that image so that we can also make a few judgements?

nate714
07-01-2006, 05:10 AM
Can you post that image so that we can also make a few judgements?

what he said.

Brianh
07-01-2006, 03:15 PM
as the rest said if you could post the pic, but to be honest I have been an alizee fan for about a year or so now, and even I found she was married all the stuff I have seen she doesn't seem to have change. Her style is still somewhat punkish as that is what she wears when not on stage, but yeah that picture would help.

brad
07-01-2006, 03:49 PM
if anything she is less of a celebrity today, compared to 2000 - 2003. Her husband is a 'fasion designer' on the side, so I'm sure that has a little something to do with whatever picture you saw. I have to agree with the previous post and describe her style as more punk / grunge than hi-class fasion.

her past image was also very manufactured in a sense .. I can't wait to see her new stuff WITHOUT the 'Farmer influence' ... (if that is the case, we really dont have any real knowledge on her new stuff)

scameter
07-02-2006, 12:29 AM
Can you post that image or sent the link as to where u saw that image so that we can also make a few judgements?

Sure. :) : http://img317.imageshack.us/my.php?image=voici0426he.jpg But, it's probably just my cynicism. I guess I'm expecting her to look absolutely thrilled all the time, and not wear nice clothes. Sorry for my cynicism and pessimism my friends.

droggo
07-02-2006, 12:53 AM
I fail to see how a scarf and blue jeans qualify as "rich attire." Nor would I want everyone snapping every moment in my life, especially when I am on my way back from some trip, which this appears to be, as being representative as to who I am.

A little defensive,

--Droggo

That's an airport FYI. The article in the photo is questioning whether or not Alizee is pregnant and whether or not her marriage is legal under French law...typical journalism by paparazzi stuff...think "The National Enquirer"

scameter
07-02-2006, 02:57 AM
Indeed. As I said, I think it was simply my cynicism and almost automatic leaning towards pessimism on things, especially things I value, like Alizee.

Matrix
07-02-2006, 03:03 AM
Yeah, that was Alizee and Jeremy in casual attire at the McCarran airport here in Las Vegas standing in line waiting to get their bags x-rayed so they could board the plane back to France. That's casual clothing my friend.. from what I have seen, she usually wears clothing like that. She likes wearing that razor blade necklace too, i've seen her alot in pictures wearing that.

The marriage certificate, I have never seen before, thanks for sharing. I live in Clark County here in Las Vegas and was always curious if this marriage certificate was for real.. now i know. Back in november 2003 I had never even heard of Alizee. I wouldn't have given her a second look if I passed her and Jeremy on the las vegas Strip, lol

Alizee is very down to earth, I don't see "celebrity" going to her head as it has done to others. Alizee comes from a tiny island in the mediterranean sea and from humble surroundings. I mean look, she personally takes the time to sign autographs for anyone who asks and is very giving of herself and time.

Alizee has the right to enjoy "celebrity", let's give her that, let her enjoy and be happy for her. Don't worry, I am positive that Alizee has family and friends who remind her that she is still just a humble girl from Ajaccio, Corsica who has been very fortunate, and that will keep her firmly grounded.

May the gentle tradewinds of Alizee keep blowing our way!
:)

scameter
07-02-2006, 03:51 AM
No problem my friends, and thanks; what you say is quite true. As I said, my mind tends to be almost automatically pessimistic, and in this case, since I care so much about her, I guess the pessimism was simply waiting to come out. She does deserve to be happy. We all do. To be honest, one of the things that has intrigued me most about her is to see her happy, and how her happiness can make others subsequently happy. This is why I honour her artistic profession so much; but many within it become celebrities, slaves to their image and money. But, now, I do not see Alizee as being a celebrity; thanks to you guys. Thanks alot. You really don't know what your help has meant to me. :)

cybersoil
07-02-2006, 05:34 AM
I, also, don't think that Alizee is dressed up in the above pic. And yes, I've seen many pix of her wearing her grunge-type style. Maybe I'm the only one but I liked the influence that Mylene Farmer had on Alizee, especially the clothing that she used to wear; very stylish. But now that her husband (no doubt) was a major influence upon her dumping Mylene and Laurent by probably telling her, "Do whatever YOU want to do" and not what her fans want her to do, her future is in doubt.

Don't get me wrong, I hope Alizee succeeds with her next album but as you already know, Mylene and Laurent wrote very beautiful music for Alizee to sing, dressed her very nicely, taught her how to do that sexy hip-sway, and taught her how to become a very successful sexy popstar. If she now tries to become just another grunge rock star, good luck to her. Alizee was born to be a classy, sexy popstar, 10 cuts above the rest and not another slobbingly dressed grunge howler. But apparently she is just too young and inexperienced to know it yet.

I've heard a few of (her husband) Jeremy's songs and I personally think they suck. I just hope and prey that she didn't throw away Mylene's phone number because I want the old Alizee back, the one I fell in love with. But she is a big Madonna fan and may be applying lessons learned from the master about not letting the public get bored of you by constantly changing your image... just like Madonna does.

- Cybersoil

Matrix
07-02-2006, 06:22 AM
Good points cybersoil, very good points, and I laughed when you said you hope she's " not another slobbingly dressed grunge howler " lol... that was funny. :)

Keep in mind that Alizee like any artist wants to prove she can go it alone, her way. Alizee is an artist, she is creative and her creative instincts must not be restrained. From what we have all read.. Alizee has had some input into all her albums and what she wears on stage thus far, but really how much? How much input did she really have?

Like you said, look at the evolution of Madonna, how she has changed over the years and kept changing to keep peoples interest. Alizee will do the same absolutely, you can be sure of it guaranteed.

What's interesting is that the image we have had of Alizee up to now has been primarily manufactured from the hit machine of Mylene Farmer. So it will be quite interesting indeed to see the "real" Alizee, no?

Whatever happens I promise you we won't be dissapointed because whatever she does, it will be an expression from Alizee, and to that end isn't that what we all really want, Alizee to honestly express herself?

What's the name of that Madonna song... Express Yourself

nate714
07-02-2006, 08:12 AM
she does look a little annoyed, but shes in a crowded airport in Vegas where almost the only language she hears is her 3rd language.

not even going to comment on the clothing because others already covered that.

Shep
07-02-2006, 12:24 PM
I don't really consider her style full fledge grunge. It might have a few hints of it, but I'd consider it more normal, everyday fashion, than anything. I used to dress normal but I'd hang around the grunge kids during high school so a few black bangles and pink scarfs does not alert me to grunge really.

brad
07-02-2006, 12:30 PM
For some reason I have more the feeling that it prolly isn't Alizee wanting to leave Mylene .. but maybe Mylene loosing some interest in Alizee because she got married and had a kid. That pretty much destroys Alizee's original 'manufactured' Mylene Farmer image.

but who knows ..

Shep
07-02-2006, 03:59 PM
For some reason I have more the feeling that it prolly isn't Alizee wanting to leave Mylene .. but maybe Mylene loosing some interest in Alizee because she got married and had a kid. That pretty much destroys Alizee's original 'manufactured' Mylene Farmer image.

but who knows ..

I dunno. I mean Alizée seems to me the family type, though I have a few outsider POV doubts on her marriage. First they got married in Vegas. Secondly, they're public figures. The statistics are against them. But if they do make it, more power to 'em.

cybersoil
07-02-2006, 08:01 PM
Yes, I also think that Alizee is the family type; everything I've read leads me to believe that. That's fortunate for her but unfortunate for us broken-hearted fans but I'm glad she's happy. I just hope that Jeremy knows how lucky he is by winning the love of (to me, and many others) the world's most desirable women.

Yeah, I'm sure she will remain married to Jeremy, she seems to be just that type and I don't think he's fool enough to loose her. After all, she chose him, he didn't choose her and I don't think that after winning the all-time lotto (by getting Alizee) he's stupid enough to throw away the winning ticket. There is no doubt in my mind that Alizee could have chosen anyone she wanted and I'm sure Jeremy knows it.

Alizee also makes a good mother; you don't see her droping her baby or driving without seatbelting her (insert Britney Spears picture here.) On the contrary, all the magazines say she is an excellent mother and loyal wife. The pics that do show her with her baby always show her being very motherly, caring and attentive.

Man... this girl has everything... Most beautiful woman, most sexy woman, can sing angelically, can dance suductively, (I've read) she's nice, she's generous, a loyal wife, and a great mother. GOD, ALIZEE!!!! Why didn't you marry ME?????????? H&!@#*&$%! (Frustration sets in) Too bad you don't have a sister. Well, at least I have her in her prime (on video) for the rest of my life. That'll have to do.

Shep
07-02-2006, 08:06 PM
I'm just sayin', I wish them the best of luck. But they did get married early, they married in vegas, and they are celebrities. If they can stay together with those three facts, God bless 'em.

But I still hope jeremy jumps off a bridge... just sayin'...

cybersoil
07-02-2006, 08:12 PM
Hey Jeremy... you've got to come check out this bridge! By the way, can you swim? Come on into my web... said the spider to the fly, I won't hurt you. I guess that's one way we can get Alizee back! Ok... whose buying the tickets to France? I'll get the bridge passes. Shep, get ready to shove!

Shep
07-02-2006, 08:14 PM
Hey Jeremy... you've got to come check out this bridge... I won't hurt you... said the spider to the fly.

:D

Seriously, I was a bit dissapointed when I found out she was married, but... oh well. Not like we ever had a chance of going out with her or whatever.

pete2me
07-02-2006, 08:16 PM
Don't you think ron haward is a ok director

Shep
07-02-2006, 08:18 PM
I would have if it weren't for the Da Vinci Code (Snore fest, btw). He's got some good movies under his belt but he doesn't really stand out much, IMO.

pete2me
07-02-2006, 08:26 PM
yeah i heard it was shyt

scameter
07-03-2006, 12:57 AM
That's fortunate for her but unfortunate for us broken-hearted fans but I'm glad she's happy. I just hope that Jeremy knows how lucky he is by winning the love of (to me, and many others) the world's most desirable women.

Definitely, I agree.

The pics that do show her with her baby always show her being very motherly, caring and attentive.

May I ask, do you know where I could see those pictures at?

GOD, ALIZEE!!!! Why didn't you marry ME?????????? H&!@#*&$%! (Frustration sets in) Too bad you don't have a sister. Well, at least I have her in her prime (on video) for the rest of my life. That'll have to do.

Unfortunately. :P

Seriously, I was a bit dissapointed when I found out she was married, but... oh well. Not like we ever had a chance of going out with her or whatever.

Indeed, which is a very depressing fact, coupled with the fact that I, and most likely no one here, will ever talk to her or meet her.

cybersoil
07-03-2006, 03:59 AM
I've seen a number of those particular pix over the last year, some on nidalizee.com (a French site) but they're probably not there anymore, it was sometime last year. If you really, really want to see some of them let me know because I think a have a few on my external hard drive. It would take some digging but I could link a couple to imageshack.us

- Cybersoil

Shep
07-03-2006, 01:08 PM
One can be found in the user galleries.

http://moi-alizee.us/forums/gallery2.php?g2_itemId=246

Kamakzie
07-04-2006, 01:04 AM
Any rumors as to when she is going to start her career back up again or is she done for a long time? All the videos I have seen are from 2003 to 2004...

cybersoil
07-04-2006, 03:27 AM
If you read French you can go to nidalizee.com (Nest of Alizee) to find out the latest news. If you don't read French then you can copy and paste the text to: freetranslation.com to get the gist of what the news is saying. There is a link (on nidalizee) above the French written articles that takes you to an English translated page but sometimes it takes a while before it's up to date.
-----------------------
NidAlizee.com 19 Jun 2006

Yesterday, Sunday June 18th 2006, Alizée was seen at the famous "Plus 30" studios in Paris for various work sessions apparently for her 3rd album... Perhaps there'll be more information soon about this news. (Thanks Jo).
-----------------------

But don't overlook this site (Moi-Alizee.us) It is a relatively new site but very well designed, informative, and entertaining great site. We have to give Brad a lot of credit; he's done a wonderful job. This site is will no doubt continue to grow with Alizee fans as they hear about it. Cheers to Brad!

- Cybersoil

scameter
07-04-2006, 03:37 AM
I agree, and thanks for the site shep. :)

Shep
07-04-2006, 07:38 AM
I agree, and thanks for the site shep. :)

No worries, mate.

And Cyber, thanks for the heads up about that news site.

themannamedpatty
07-04-2006, 11:45 AM
whats the deal with the the close up on Alizée's stomach in the pic? Did she get fat or somthing? cause i'm pretty sure she didn't get pregant til MUCH later...

mando
07-04-2006, 06:45 PM
whats the deal with the the close up on Alizée's stomach in the pic? Did she get fat or somthing? cause i'm pretty sure she didn't get pregant til MUCH later...

have you ever worn a track jacket or something with a zipper? Thats what it looks like to me. I'm sure it's just a zipper jacket that is lose around the waist but the tabloids wan't to get pples attention so they enlarge and outline the area as to say that she is pregnant. (i may be wrong tho)

[edit] does anyone have a translation of what the caption above the enlarged bubble says?

cybersoil
07-05-2006, 03:54 AM
Just a tabloid trying to make up a story to sell some mags. To me Alizee obviously doesn't look the least bit pregnant in the pic.