PDA

View Full Version : BitTorrent

Seapaddler
12-01-2006, 08:48 AM
Has anyone downloaded this file "AlizéeDVD" 8.61 gigs, 2 .iso dvd files of tv performances/photos?

<hr>

I downloaded this torrent a few days ago. Commonly labeled "AlizeeDVD" on the tracker and torrent repositories is comprised of 2 .iso files.

1st DVD iso is a fairly decent Fan made DVD containing only videos.
Doesn't have a large amount of stuff but what is there is decent quality.

Title menu
http://5sfb.net/images/alizéedvd.jpg

Root Menus

TV-Shows:

Emission Speciale - 03.03.2003
J'en ai marre
Interview

Tube d'un Jour - 08.03.2003
J'en ai marre
Moi... Lolita
Interview

Chanson No.1 - 15.03.2003

Ella elle l'a
J'en ai marre
Interview

Eurobest - 25.03.2003

Moi... Lolita
J'en ai marre

Top of the Pops - no date J'en ai marre
Hit Machine - no date J'en ai marre

Videos

Moi... Lolita
l'Alizé
Parler tout bas
Gourmandises
J'en ai marre

Specials

48 h Alizée (interview)
JDM Episode 4 - 10.04.2003 (interview)

<hr>
(doesn't contain any English subtitles, French only)

The 2nd DVD iso of this bit torrent is the En Concert DVD ripped. Unfortunately the person who put this torrent together included this. If you are a true fan of Alizée you would have purchased her DVD. Alizée deserves your patronage so don't download this torrent simply because you get a ripped copy of her DVD. Actually this torrent is hard to get because there are very few seeders and it's 8.61 gigabytes. I might create my own torrent for this which would exclude the ripped DVD. The first .iso is only 4.28 gigs.

<hr>
Edit #2
Ah I see that this is part of a set. This being "Merci Alizée Volume 1"
http://vdb.alizee.cz/browse.php?nid=22

neoteny
12-01-2006, 08:52 AM
no. to be honest, i think id rather buy it. and for the record (again) this computer sucks

Seapaddler
12-01-2006, 09:16 AM
It's not her production DVD, I already have that, it's a private collection of her tv performances, there is so much they are burned onto data DVD disks. These cannot be bought in stores only shared

neoteny
12-01-2006, 09:22 AM
i wish i could download every last video. unfortunately no luck with that. i guess im gonna have to resort to installing napster. or buy some converter so i can use flv files

brad
12-01-2006, 09:25 AM
you can download it off of the HUB .. search alizee-forum.com for information on how to connect to the hub. It will probably take you a while to download it, but what is a few days :)

neoteny
12-01-2006, 09:28 AM
i'll ask nurv to leave his computer on for a few days if he doesnt mind. =) at least i dont have to pay his electric bill

Seapaddler
12-01-2006, 09:37 AM
Their Hub rule requires you to have 2 gigs before they give you access. Probably so that you "had" something to share and not just leeching. If I had 2 gigs of her performances I wouldn't need to use the hub lol. Chicken before the egg. :rolleyes:

neoteny
12-01-2006, 09:38 AM
...hmph...

atra201
12-01-2006, 10:09 AM
Has anyone downloaded this file "AlizéeDVD" 8.61 gigs, 2 .iso dvd files of tv performances/photos?

you can download it off of the HUB .. search alizee-forum.com for information on how to connect to the hub. It will probably take you a while to download it, but what is a few days :)
Bit Torrent is so slow and so is my connection they say dsl but who are they kiddin?
and unfortunately a few days are a few months here so i need to down load small files 200 mb at most or it will never get downloaded.
any help?

atra201
12-01-2006, 10:11 AM
i wish i could download every last video. unfortunately no luck with that. i guess im gonna have to resort to installing napster. or buy some converter so i can use flv files

i have a free .flv player but i don't have the setup.exe file right now i'll check with you in a while less than 20hours.

Seapaddler
12-01-2006, 10:39 AM
I have a 5-9mb cable connection. It wouldn't take long for me to download it, assuming there are a few decent seeders. I was just asking if anyone has downloaded it before and if it was worth it, i.e. decent quality files etc. Heck if it's quality files I would snail mail it to people if they covered the postage and blanks disks.

Seapaddler
12-01-2006, 10:41 AM
What is a .flv player, I don't remember seeing that extension before.

atra201
12-01-2006, 10:46 AM
I have a 5-9mb cable connection. It wouldn't take long for me to download it, assuming there are a few decent seeders. I was just asking if anyone has downloaded it before and if it was worth it, i.e. decent quality files etc. Heck if it's quality files I would snail mail it to people if they covered the postage and blanks disks.

then download it for us and tell us how it is .....you know the rest.

atra201
12-01-2006, 10:50 AM
What is a .flv player, I don't remember seeing that extension before.

it is the format of a flash video and what we have in the forum Alizée videos are in .flv format.

Seapaddler
12-01-2006, 10:59 AM
Ah flash video I shoulda figured that out.

atra201
12-02-2006, 07:31 AM
here you are
both free .flv players.

atra201
12-02-2006, 10:10 AM
ummmmmmm
i was sure i made an attachment.

atra201
12-02-2006, 11:04 AM
i don't know what' s happenning here the attachment manager says i have one file attached then after post there is nothing
if u seen anything attached plz say so.

DJ_Greg
12-02-2006, 11:12 AM
There is only an attachment with the last post...at least that I can see. Hope that helps.

neoteny
12-02-2006, 11:38 AM
thanks atra. although i have no idea how thats gonna help me...

atra201
12-02-2006, 12:10 PM
There is only an attachment with the last post...at least that I can see. Hope that helps.

thanks now i can see the last one and not the other 2

atra201
12-02-2006, 12:13 PM
thanks atra. although i have no idea how thats gonna help me...

anything for my man
and now you can download the vids from the media page and use this to play them i have already downloaded 90% ;)
edit : shit Brad is gonna be so angry. :p

Seapaddler
12-03-2006, 01:11 PM
I downloaded this torrent a few days ago. Commonly labeled "AlizeeDVD" on the tracker and torrent repositories is comprised of 2 .iso files.

1st DVD iso is a fairly decent Fan made DVD containing only videos.
Doesn't have a large amount of stuff but what is there is decent quality.

Title menu
http://5sfb.net/images/alizéedvd.jpg

Root Menus

TV-Shows:

Emission Speciale - 03.03.2003
J'en ai marre
Interview

Tube d'un Jour - 08.03.2003
J'en ai marre
Moi... Lolita
Interview

Chanson No.1 - 15.03.2003

Ella elle l'a
J'en ai marre
Interview

Eurobest - 25.03.2003

Moi... Lolita
J'en ai marre

Top of the Pops - no date J'en ai marre
Hit Machine - no date J'en ai marre

Videos

Moi... Lolita
l'Alizé
Parler tout bas
Gourmandises
J'en ai marre

Specials

48 h Alizée (interview)
JDM Episode 4 - 10.04.2003 (interview)

<hr>
(doesn't contain any English subtitles, French only)

The 2nd DVD iso of this bit torrent is the En Concert DVD ripped. Unfortunately the person who put this torrent together included this. If you are a true fan of Alizée you would have purchased her DVD. Alizée deserves your patronage so don't download this torrent simply because you get a ripped copy of her DVD. Actually this torrent is hard to get because there are very few seeders and it's 8.61 gigabytes. I might create my own torrent for this which would exclude the ripped DVD. The first .iso is only 4.28 gigs.

<hr>
Edit #2
Ah I see that this is part of a set. This being "Merci Alizée Volume 1"
http://vdb.alizee.cz/browse.php?nid=22

CFHollister
12-03-2006, 01:37 PM
anything for my man
and now you can download the vids from the media page and use this to play them i have already downloaded 90% ;)
edit : shit Brad is gonna be so angry. :p

I don't see why brad would be angry if people downloaded the vids this way. In the long run it saves the site a ton of bandwidth, 'cause after the initial download you don't need to take any of the sites's bandwidth to watch the videos whenever you want.

atra201
12-03-2006, 02:51 PM
I don't see why brad would be angry if people downloaded the vids this way. In the long run it saves the site a ton of bandwidth, 'cause after the initial download you don't need to take any of the sites's bandwidth to watch the videos whenever you want.

uhah uhah :p

brad
12-03-2006, 04:51 PM
lol .. I don't care if you download them :)

I never thought people would want to download these videos, since there are much higher quality versions available. I will add a download link under each video to make it easier on people.

I look at the videos on this website as a way to hook new fans. I didn't really expect current fans to watch these videos (because they already have the better ones).

Twitch
12-03-2006, 07:48 PM
If you make a torrent of the Merci Alizée DVD, don't need the En Concert portion, let me know, or you could just PM me a price of what you would want to snail mail a DVD to me in New Brunswick. Thanks.

HibyPrime
12-03-2006, 08:03 PM
Bit Torrent is so slow and so is my connection they say dsl but who are they kiddin?
and unfortunately a few days are a few months here so i need to down load small files 200 mb at most or it will never get downloaded.
any help?

If 9GB takes 3 days normally, that would mean it is running at 277Kbps: (9 000 000 000bytes / (60sec x 60min x 24hr x 3days)) * 8 bit/byte = 277

If it takes 3 months for you to download 9GB, then your download speed is 9.1 Kbps: (9 000 000 000bytes / (60sec x 60min x 24hr x 30.5days x 3months)) * 8 bit/byte = 9.1

If you are downloading at 9Kbps, you really need to go down to your ISP and beat the shit out of them. Tell them that if you went back in time a couple decades the internet would still be faster.. Most modern dial up connections download at a maximum of 56Kbps..

See what happens when you exaggerate? You get forced to read a bunch of math. :p

El_Cousin
12-04-2006, 03:34 PM
I downloaded in september a file of bit Torrent, it was the DVD Alizée en Concert, 7 Gb, with dolby 5.1 and DTS 5.1 and some extras, I was downloading this file for a month, the name of the torrent is ""Aliz_e_en_concert_DVD_DTS_D[1].D_5.1.3420422.TPB"".
If you want this file, just tell me and I'll upload it.
Au revoir

atra201
12-05-2006, 11:33 AM
lol .. I don't care if you download them :)

I never thought people would want to download these videos, since there are much higher quality versions available. I will add a download link under each video to make it easier on people.

I look at the videos on this website as a way to hook new fans. I didn't really expect current fans to watch these videos (because they already have the better ones).

this is all i have i couldn't download from rapidshare and i don't have access to megaupload or sendspace or...
and thanks.

atra201
12-05-2006, 11:35 AM
If 9GB takes 3 days normally, that would mean it is running at 277Kbps: (9 000 000 000bytes / (60sec x 60min x 24hr x 3days)) * 8 bit/byte = 277

If it takes 3 months for you to download 9GB, then your download speed is 9.1 Kbps: (9 000 000 000bytes / (60sec x 60min x 24hr x 30.5days x 3months)) * 8 bit/byte = 9.1

If you are downloading at 9Kbps, you really need to go down to your ISP and beat the shit out of them. Tell them that if you went back in time a couple decades the internet would still be faster.. Most modern dial up connections download at a maximum of 56Kbps..

See what happens when you exaggerate? You get forced to read a bunch of math. :p

and i'm not exaggerating i really do have 9kbps download rate lately i installed a download manager and only got 26 kbps divided over multiple downloads.

HibyPrime
12-05-2006, 06:34 PM
and i'm not exaggerating i really do have 9kbps download rate lately i installed a download manager and only got 26 kbps divided over multiple downloads.

That means that you are downloading from places that have low bandwidth, not that your connection has a low bandwidth.

If you have a 9kbps download rate, how could you download at 26kbps?

Seapaddler
12-06-2006, 05:06 AM
If you make a torrent of the Merci Alizée DVD, don't need the En Concert portion, let me know, or you could just PM me a price of what you would want to snail mail a DVD to me in New Brunswick. Thanks.

I can make a private torrent with a password. My pc runs 24/7 if you have cable it should take 2-4 days. If I snail mailed it now with xmas it might get lost :p

atra201
12-06-2006, 10:07 AM
That means that you are downloading from places that have low bandwidth, not that your connection has a low bandwidth.

If you have a 9kbps download rate, how could you download at 26kbps?

really?
well all my friends are having this trouble so it is just 9kbps download rate.

Twitch
12-06-2006, 05:57 PM
I can make a private torrent with a password. My pc runs 24/7 if you have cable it should take 2-4 days.
That would be great, thanks. It might take a bit longer to download because sometimes my connection stalls and I need to reset the cable modem, I think the ISP is trying to control bandwidth usage because I think they added more customers than their equipment can handle during peak hours and after a while they seem to throttle high use connections, but reseting the modem resets it all. But I am not always around when it happens so it can get annoying when you expected a torrent to have finished by the time you got back home and it isn't.
If I snail mailed it now with xmas it might get lost :p
What, Canada Post lose a package at Christmas, never. jk :D

Seapaddler
12-06-2006, 07:11 PM
I PMed you the torrent file.

What router make and model do you have, there are firmware bugs that can do what you described. In fact there is a major bug in the linksys WRT54g regarding multiple connections. I had problems with mine, luckily I bought the L version so I flashed it with 3rd party firmware called DD-WRT. Works great now.

If you want to test your speed I've found http://www.speedtest.net/ to be the easiest and must reliable. Big flash program on the home page, locates you and then you click which server you want to do your test with and it gives you display on a speedometer for up and down.

HibyPrime
12-06-2006, 07:18 PM
Can I get that torrent file? I'll be your best friend :)

If you make it public I'll seed it for awhile, though I only have a 400kbps upstream..

Seapaddler
12-06-2006, 07:33 PM
I made the torrent "private" a feature of µtorrent so it won't be on any tracker. It will keep the people downloading it to a minimum.

I found a link somewhere for a webpage that posted a list of all fan made DVD's and various links to their files but can't find the link anywhere now, anyone have that link?

bt_bird_90
12-06-2006, 07:49 PM
can I get in on this too please?

Seapaddler
12-06-2006, 08:34 PM
The .torrent file is giving HibyPrime's client an error, trying to sort it out.

Well I'm not entirely sure how the private flag works. I'll create another file and enable DHT for it.

Seapaddler
12-06-2006, 09:09 PM
I think I know what the problem is HibyPrime, it's because when creating a torrent file there is supposed to be at least one tracker listed in the tracker url box. For trackerless torrents some clients will connect whether there is anything listed or not. Probably I should have entered a node url i.e. router.bittorrent.com:6881 at least instead of leaving it blank. But anyway you can definately connect using utorrent client if you want to use that one for this file. Twitch must be connected to it now because there is one peer right now downloading it.

HibyPrime
12-06-2006, 09:32 PM
interesting..

I'll download uTorrent in the morning, I'm on a laptop right now so it would be a little difficult to leave it on 24/7.. The desktop is just on the other side of the room, but I'm too lazy/tired to go over there and turn it on.. lol