PDA

View Full Version : New...Lolita ?

Edsel Di Meo
08-23-2018, 06:52 AM
http://www.melody.tv/actualite/mylene-farmer-lancerait-une-nouvelle-lolita

My point of view is that i don't see a "lolita" in this girl but i accept that she's pretty and has a good voice but i feel the same on this girl that i do with Louane like i'd like to listen to her music (i'm sure Mylene will produce very good songs for her) but i don't think i'll love to watch her performances as i do with Alizée

For me the requirements to be a "Lolita" are not very easy to explain but i don't feel that "freedom" aura around this girl but i do every time a watch alizee's performances and with freedom i mean for example Alizée knew how to encourage her public during the performances through many ways and she didn't care about other people thought about what she was doing and this is an essential requisite for a new "Lolita"

CleverCowboy
08-23-2018, 07:54 AM
Good find Edsel, and thanks for posting and starting this thread! :)

What I have been finding out about France is that they really don't support their own artists like they do international artists. There is an elite group of singers that seem to do consistently well, but outside of that group, new singers might be a sensation on their first album, then fade out quickly. Even Mylene's record sales have tapered off over the years. There is probably a lot of emphasis on discovering new talent in France because that is what is making the money for the labels. Louane is a beautiful girl and has a great voice, but in my opinion she is probably at her peak now. In a few years, she might be just a memory.

The girl in the video is pretty and has a nice voice, but she seems awkward and there is nothing compelling about her.

I don't think it's possible to teach other female singers what Alizee had back when she started. She was just magical on stage. The phenomenon of "getting bit by the Lili bug" is a real thing for many, many people. You call it a "freedom aura" that she had and that is about as valid as anything else to try to explain it. I thought of her as a breath of fresh air.

Edsel Di Meo
08-23-2018, 08:13 AM
http://gyazo.com/d0b35b93a6e1888b9d4f7baa3c2e4d37

Something is happening under the table ?

CleverCowboy
08-23-2018, 08:30 AM
Maybe those girls will be her backup dancers during her performance in Poland?

Edsel Di Meo
08-23-2018, 09:02 AM
I think so but what does Julia has to do there ?

CleverCowboy
08-23-2018, 09:18 AM
That I don't know

Shepherd
08-23-2018, 09:30 AM
http://www.melody.tv/actualite/mylene-farmer-lancerait-une-nouvelle-lolita

My point of view is that i don't see a "lolita" in this girl but i accept that she's pretty and has a good voice but i feel the same on this girl that i do with Louane like i'd like to listen to her music (i'm sure Mylene will produce very good songs for her) but i don't think i'll love to watch her performances as i do with Alizée

I agree, Edsel. She's not a Lolita, but she's got a killer voice.

Edsel Di Meo
08-23-2018, 09:32 AM
http://i.gyazo.com/41a564ed7271152d276291b0bd193fbb.png

Some facebook pages are saying that Alizée will be the choreographer but it's not confirmed yet, the link above only says that Mylene will produce Julia

Okay i edit, i just found this on twitter but the source account doesn't seem trustworthy enough for me, lets wait for Alizée, Mylene or Julia to confirm

http://i.gyazo.com/68eea0c8ed7f3176070ba4d2c557e511.png

Scruffydog777
08-23-2018, 10:26 AM
I had heard several months ago that MF was working on a new album for someone new, but maybe I misunderstood it, but it seemed to say it was for a couple. I had mentioned it a couple of times in the past few months in different posts. Of course it makes more sense that it would be for one person. Beautiful young girl, but is she another Alizee? Only time will tell. A couple of things she has to her advantage besides her beauty is the songs written by MF and the music written by LB. Given the success Alizee had with those two, this girl will be a sensation. MF and LB know what they are doing and they are very good at it. I'm betting within a year, she will have a number one hit, maybe two.

Edsel Di Meo
08-23-2018, 08:11 PM
I just did this photo for my insta page

https://uce047f8c38bc70159c8f2949d75.previews.dropboxuserc ontent.com/p/thumb/AAKIPZ8rg5_J8Y3IO-AOSCNDJF0uDhjCan1fF6hWM-_x8af3C44FfAu1ka1twu7sy9HFJlKk8b-EyXi45dvaAbxVVyYw_cwOu3WdAEiOl9VC1ZUkkIKFTgRXAU4W2 mLIKXqJDT1AY5TDSUwLoZqtPlgv1Bw8cqs3jr1cxEJaBL2XEyE OZCbT4qibqftJNGC9VSYT-LQcJGmeBKaspJ9jhLC40wOHnDqtza6Y-FyPHlj6ZQ/p.jpeg?size=1600x1200&size_mode=3

CleverCowboy
08-23-2018, 09:16 PM
Julia definitely has the advantage of worldwide high-speed Internet and high definition videos, more options for distributing music digitally, and all her future fans will be paparazzi because they have cameras in their phones. Imagine if Alizee was 16 years old again and just starting out. Would it end up being the same success for her in today's world?

The world is a different place than 18 years ago and definitely more, um, might I say trashy? Would MF/LB then have to promote a more risqué image for a new lolita to get attention like Alizee did?

CleverCowboy
08-24-2018, 07:42 AM
For those who understand French, this might be interesting. Alizee and Gregoire are shown toward the end. It would be great to know what is being said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtMlPrMMZzI

Edsel Di Meo
08-24-2018, 08:38 AM
For those who understand French, this might be interesting. Alizee and Gregoire are shown toward the end. It would be great to know what is being said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtMlPrMMZzI

it says that Mylene farmer did an casting in Paris and Julia won it(even though Julia had renounced to the music after being eliminated in The voice Kids)

Julia's first single may be called "Sexto" and it's about the female masturbation and Marilyn monroe too also Marylin Monroe had a bedroom very intimate and the lovers of her story (im not sure about this part) doesn't forget that she killed herself in her bedroom after drinking a deathly cocktail.

Julia has shared fragments of her next song "C'est un nom de re ba dee doo dit da si marilyn avait le choix c'est du bout des doigts" and she maybe shared also a fragment of the clip on a photo on instagram in which she's in bed and has a portrait of Marylin Monroe and a strange candy and this seems very 60's-ish

Mylene suggested to Alizée and Gregoire to do the choreographies of the TV performances of Julia

(You should ask a french native but i did my best with my little knowledge of french)

CleverCowboy
08-24-2018, 09:21 AM
Julia's first single may be called "Sexto" and it's about the female masturbation and Marilyn monroe too also Marylin Monroe had a bedroom very intimate and the lovers of her story (im not sure about this part) doesn't forget that she killed herself in her bedroom after drinking a deathly cocktail.

Mylene suggested to Alizée and Gregoire to do the choreographies of the TV performances of Julia

(You should ask a french native but i did my best with my little knowledge of french)

It sounds like you did great because your translation makes sense.

As far as Sexto, I guess my post yesterday speculating that the new lolita would push the limits sexually in her songs might come to pass. I'm sure this will be very popular in today's world, and her outfits might not leave much to the imagination. But I'm sure it will be a great song and be #1. The video will no doubt be a spectacle and hook many people to this girl.

I guess I am just getting old and I already know I am old-fashioned in many ways, and there is a distinct line for me that separates sexy and my definition of trash. There is nothing enticing for me to watch a 16yo girl sing about her masturbating.

Scruffydog777
08-24-2018, 09:27 AM
it says that Mylene farmer did an casting in Paris and Julia won it(even though Julia had renounced to the music after being eliminated in The voice Kids)

Julia has shared fragments of her next song "C'est un nom de re ba dee doo dit da si marilyn avait le choix c'est du bout des doigts" and she maybe shared also a fragment of the clip on a photo on instagram in which she's in bed and has a portrait of Marylin Monroe and a strange candy and this seems very 60's-ish

Sexto........maybe that shows us more of why Alizee walked away. As far as Marilyn Monroe, there are a lot of people including me who don't believe she killed herself, but I guess that's a topic for another thread.

Thanks for posting Edsel!

Edsel Di Meo
08-24-2018, 09:33 AM
It sounds like you did great because your translation makes sense.

As far as Sexto, I guess my post yesterday speculating that the new lolita would push the limits sexually in her songs might come to pass. I'm sure this will be very popular in today's world, and her outfits might not leave much to the imagination. But I'm sure it will be a great song and be #1. The video will no doubt be a spectacle and hook many people to this girl.

I guess I am just getting old and I already know I am old-fashioned in many ways, and there is a distinct line for me that separates sexy and my definition of trash. There is nothing enticing for me to watch a 16yo girl sing about her masturbating.

Yeah i get you and you're right this kind of material is very popular nowadays

Also i started to think that the first performer is the best cause it generates the expectations. What i mean with this is that the expectations is set very high because of Alizée so Julia has to do a really good work to get over that and be a sensation. It's not easy taking into account the amount of performances, achievements and popularity alizee gained and Julia also have to compete among a lot of artist that we have now in the market like new pop singers, rappers and those whose do trap, dj's and Alizée back then had not this amount of competition because i'm pretty sure that at least rappers and dj's wasn't a super sensation in 2000 but they are now, just look at the variety of festivals like Ultra, Tomorrow land, EDC las vegas, etc...

So my point is that Julia will have to do very nice work in this coming single

Scruffydog777
08-24-2018, 09:38 AM
It's kind of obvious I guess that she will be cast as a Lolita. It kind of bothers me because with the songs written for Alizee, it never really said directly what was going on. There were double meanings to the lyrics, but with this there coming out right off the bat and saying it's about masturbation, I don't like that with such a young girl.

"I'll make you a star and make you famous and you'll earn lots of money, but you have to do my bidding.".

Edsel Di Meo
08-24-2018, 09:40 AM
It's kind of obvious I guess that she will be cast as a Lolita. It kind of bothers me because with the songs written for Alizee, it never really said directly what was going on. There were double meanings to the lyrics, but with this there coming out right off the bat and saying it's about masturbation, I don't like that with such a young girl.

"I'll make you a star and make you famous and you'll earn lots of money, but you have to do my bidding.".

when i read that i laughed out loud hahaha

i expect that coming from Mylene by the way

CleverCowboy
08-24-2018, 10:08 AM
Sexto........maybe that shows us more of why Alizee walked away.

Alizee no doubt enjoyed those five years of fame (maybe not as much fortune), but she had a line drawn in the sand where she would not cross. I respect that.

Edit:

Also i started to think that the first performer is the best cause it generates the expectations. What i mean with this is that the expectations is set very high because of Alizée so Julia has to do a really good work to get over that and be a sensation. It's not easy taking into account the amount of performances, achievements and popularity alizee gained and Julia also have to compete among a lot of artist that we have now in the market like new pop singers, rappers and those whose do trap, dj's and Alizée back then had not this amount of competition because i'm pretty sure that at least rappers and dj's wasn't a super sensation in 2000 but they are now, just look at the variety of festivals like Ultra, Tomorrow land, EDC las vegas, etc...

This is all very true, but maybe Julia does not see Alizee as competition, but as a role model. Alizee might want to make herself available to Julia to talk through things in case Julia is getting uncomfortable with things she is being asked to do.

Edsel Di Meo
08-24-2018, 10:31 AM
Alizee no doubt enjoyed those five years of fame (maybe not as much fortune), but she had a line drawn in the sand where she would not cross. I respect that.

Edit:

This is all very true, but maybe Julia does not see Alizee as competition, but as a role model. Alizee might want to make herself available to Julia to talk through things in case Julia is getting uncomfortable with things she is being asked to do.

yeah i wanted to say that Alizée is not a competition but she was the first Mylene project and she did very well so people is expecting this to be successful

Edsel Di Meo
10-22-2018, 07:51 AM
I was looking at a interview of Julia (this one: http://www.chartsinfrance.net/Julia/interview-108264.html#GwZGUOWOxkcqX0CR.01) and in one questions says:

'Ton premier single s'appelle "S.E.X.T.O". C'est une chanson qui parle d'amour et de sexualité, avec un texte assez osé. Tu n'as pas eu peur de te lancer avec un tel single ?'

C'est vrai que quand je l'ai découverte, je n'étais pas très à l'aise. Enfin, je ne sais pas si on peut dire ça mais je me suis dit "Ce n'est pas pour moi". Ce n'est pas mon genre, pas mon style de musique. Mais Laurent Boutonnat a su trouver les bons mots pour me "vendre" la chanson entre guillemets. Je me suis dit que c'étaient des professionnels. Ce n'est pas moi qui ait 30 ans de carrière ! Quand une opportunité comme celle-ci arrive, on ne peut pas refuser. C'est pas possible. Je n'ai pas pu refuser. Et j'ai bien fait : maintenant, j'adore cette chanson ! Heureusement que j'ai poursuivi le projet.

But i thought i heard that before maybe from... Alizée ?

My point is that maybe Laurent and Mylene make the songs even whether the performer (Julia in this case) like it or not

And Alizée said the same thing back then 'this is not the style of music i like to listen to'

CleverCowboy
10-22-2018, 10:22 AM
My point is that maybe Laurent and Mylene make the songs even whether the performer (Julia in this case) like it or not

I think the conversation went like this:

Mylene: Julia, if you want to be a star, sing these songs.
Julia: Ooh, I don't know. I don't even like this kind of music.
Mylene: OK. I'll find somebody else then.
Julia: You know, they grew on me real quick like. When do I start??

:D

Scruffydog777
10-22-2018, 11:54 AM
I was looking at a interview of Julia (this one: http://www.chartsinfrance.net/Julia/interview-108264.html#GwZGUOWOxkcqX0CR.01) and in one questions says:

'Ton premier single s'appelle "S.E.X.T.O". C'est une chanson qui parle d'amour et de sexualité, avec un texte assez osé. Tu n'as pas eu peur de te lancer avec un tel single ?'

C'est vrai que quand je l'ai découverte, je n'étais pas très à l'aise. Enfin, je ne sais pas si on peut dire ça mais je me suis dit "Ce n'est pas pour moi". Ce n'est pas mon genre, pas mon style de musique. Mais Laurent Boutonnat a su trouver les bons mots pour me "vendre" la chanson entre guillemets. Je me suis dit que c'étaient des professionnels. Ce n'est pas moi qui ait 30 ans de carrière ! Quand une opportunité comme celle-ci arrive, on ne peut pas refuser. C'est pas possible. Je n'ai pas pu refuser. Et j'ai bien fait : maintenant, j'adore cette chanson ! Heureusement que j'ai poursuivi le projet.

And Alizée said the same thing back then 'this is not the style of music i like to listen to'

I think the conversation went like this:

Mylene: Julia, if you want to be a star, sing these songs.
Julia: Ooh, I don't know. I don't even like this kind of music.
Mylene: OK. I'll find somebody else then.
Julia: You know, they grew on me real quick like. When do I start??

:D

Here is an English translation of the full interview....

Julia in interview: her relationship with Mylène Farmer, the sulphurous text of "SEXTO" ...

Who is Julia? At just 17 years old, Mylène Farmer's new protégé and Laurent Boutonnat made the presentations in a first interview with Pure Charts where she talks about her career, her participation in "The Voice Kids" and her meeting with her two mentors.

Photo credits: Laurent Boutonnat

Interview by Yohann Ruelle .

Why did you decide to start the song?

I always loved singing. But to make my job? It was a dream I thought was unachievable. I'm really happy to do that today. If it can allow me to fulfill my childhood dream, it would be great. (Smile)

"My first CD was Jenifer's album "How did you fall in the music?

It comes from my family. My father is a musician, he played in bands and produced records with his friends. With my mother, they both wrote songs. They sang to me when I was little with my sisters. It's them that made me want to make music. I was six when I took piano lessons, which I followed until I was eight years old. After I did some guitar and I started singing. I still play a little instruments but I am mostly self taught.

Which artists have you grown up with?

I listened a lot Joyce Jonathan ! My first CD, it was Jenifer's album. But I listen to everything, I've always been curious. Often I spent the NRJ compilations with all the tubes of the moment. I danced with my sister in my room!

"" The Voice Kids "? A great experience »The French public discovered you in "The Voice Kids" season 2 in 2015. What memories do you have of this first experience?

It was impressive! I was 13 years old at the time. is that we are directly put in the bath, we go to castings, it's a bit childish.We do not really realize in fact.And then when we arrive on the set of "The Voice", it's really amazing, we say: "Bug, but what am I doing here?" (laughs) I had a huge jitters, but it was a great experience. bad things, it's like everything, but at the human level it was amazing, did

you stay in touch with people on the show?

Former candidates, yes. There are people with whom I speak briefly but with Arthur, with whom I had spent the battles, we give each other news from time to time. I stayed very close to Satine, who makes videos on YouTube now.

What have you done since the show?

I stopped the music. (Smile) I do not even know if it was unconsciously because of the defeat of "The Voice". I started again a year, a year and a half later. I started making covers that I posted on YouTube. I made little homemade clips in my garden. I was playing piano, I was trying to compose music but it was not great. (Laughs) That's how I maintained my passion.

You write too?

I wrote a lot when I was younger. But when I look today at the songs I was writing, it's funny! It's cute. And it gives me ideas for now because I write a little. I'm trying. Sometimes, I have ideas that come into my head and I say to myself: "I really need to write them". So I take my computer, or I use my phone as a notebook. It does not look crazy, but I try to bring them together to create something. These are not really songs but rather a kind of poetic form of everything that crosses my mind.

"Mylène Farmer, I admire her immensely"You are surrounded by a team of shock to accompany you in your first steps: Laurent Boutonnat and Mylène Farmer . How did your meeting happen?

Thanks to the covers on Youtube. One would think they had noticed me in "The Voice Kids" but no! Only after they learned that I had participated in the show. (Smile) And all the better, I find it good that they did not notice me through the television. We met afterwards and one by one, we set up this project.

Did you know their work?

I knew Mylène Farmerof course. Like everyone ! But they know, I did not listen to his songs all the time. I was not a fan It's really now, since I've known her, that I've learned to discover her work. I know her personally but I now know her as an artist. I admire him a lot. I admire both of them.

How did you react when they offered to take you under their wing?

Ah right now, I thought it's a joke ?! (Laughter)But I'm not too good at jumping to the ceiling and exclaiming, "That's so great." I was a little reluctant. I put the thing aside we will say. I thought, "We'll see," I often say that to myself. And then we met, it was in May 2017. I became aware long after my luck. I did not realize right away.

Your first single is called "SEXTO" . It's a song about love and sexuality, with a pretty daring text. You were not afraid to start with such a single?

It's true that when I discovered it, I was not very comfortable. Finally, I do not know if we can say that but I said to myself "It's not for me". It's not my style, not my style of music. But Laurent Boutonnat has found the right words to "sell" the song in quotation marks. I thought they were professionals. I do not have 30 years of career! When an opportunity like this happens, we can not refuse. It's not possible. I could not refuse. And I did well: now, I love this song! Fortunately, I continued the project.

This is a character that you play through this title?

Let's say that the song gives a more childish image of myself, but it represents me anyway. This is not an opposite character. It's a part of me, let's say ...

"I do not want to copy Alizée "We compare you a lot to Alizée on social networks. For the team, for the image of lolita. Are you disturbed ?

(Smile) It was planned anyway. I would not say it bothers me. Of course, we have similarities, we are close to Mylène Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat both, we sing songs that have a specific theme, but ... no. Alizée , it's Alizée ! I'm not Alizée and I do not want to copy her personality. I want to be myself and people know me as Julia and that's it.

She took care of the choreography of the "SEXTO" clip with GrégoireLyonnet. How was it working with her?

That was great. I love it. They are really both very understanding. I'm not a dancer, we agree! So at the beginning, there were some small step problems that I managed to integrate but they were immediately there for me. When I said to them "But that, I do not know how to do it" they answered me kindly "There is no problem, we will change, you can do it like that instead" etc. They were really adorable. I was delighted and honored to be able to work together on the choreography.

She gave you advice?

Very much ! She gives me as soon as I need it, as soon as there is something new that is added and that I need to be reassured. He is almost a mother. If it does not work, she will immediately come to comfort me. I still had it on the phone yesterday. She is always listening. It feels good !

"My album will be more melancholy"You have been working for months on your first album. What will it look like?

He is in the process of mixing. "SEXTO" is a title really very different from the rest of the album. That's why we released it first, because it stands out and it's ... controversial, we'll say. The other songs are really great. I can not wait to share it with the public. There are a lot of music that reflect a part of me more melancholy. It's the kind of songs I love that really bring out emotions.

It will be entirely done with Laurent Boutonnat and Mylène Farmer ?
Yes ! The songs are written by Mylène and the music produced by Laurent Boutonnat.

How was your studio collaboration? Did you still propose your ideas?
Oh yes, of course. If I have something to say, I will not hold back! It's not in my character, either with them or anyone else. If I do not like it, I will not do it ... but I ask them their opinion, I do not say no right away. We discuss it and either we do not do it or we do something else. We have a very respectful relationship. There is always common ground.

Do you know the release date of the album?

No, no date planned at the moment. Sorry! (Smile)

There are artists with whom you would like to make a duet?

There are many people I would like to collaborate with! Mylène Farmer already, if one day ... Alizée , too. After I really like Shawn Mendes and Ed Sheeran . I love these two artists.

"I dream of performing in concert"Do you sing in English?

Before my album, yes. And just that was something very new to sing in French. I always sang in English so far, it was easier for me. But I discover that I love it!

What is your life like today?
I juggle between my classes, sports, my relatives, who are the main pillar of my life, and Paris. I still go to class. I am in high school, I have my friends in high school and I want to make the most of our last year together. Of course, with my career that starts, I necessarily magnify courses and I have to catch up, which is complicated. Especially with the ferry! After I chose this lifestyle there so there is no problem. I find moments to balance all that. But for now it's okay,(Smile)

Your dream today is ...
The scene! I can not wait to do concerts. The shows that Mylène Farmer does , it's something that makes me dream. And maybe in the near or far future the cinema. It's part of my little dreams ...

Shepherd
10-22-2018, 04:55 PM
I just read the English lyrics for SEXTO. Wow! This is pretty salacious, worse than anything Alizee had to sing for Mylene. It's understandable why Julia hesitated. I imagine the lyrics put a bit of a jolt into her parents. This was a once in a lifetime opportunity, so I understand Julia not turning it down.

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=223&pictureid=2556

CleverCowboy
10-22-2018, 05:20 PM
I just read the English lyrics for SEXTO. Wow! This is pretty salacious, worse than anything Alizee had to sing for Mylene. It's understandable why Julia hesitated. I imagine the lyrics put a bit of a jolt into her parents. This was a once in a lifetime opportunity, so I understand Julia not turning it down.

I had looked for the translated lyrics before, but I could not find them. I tried running the French through the google translator, but some of what resulted did not make sense. Link?

I'm pretty conservative all around, and maybe just plain old-fashioned, but the Western world once again seems to be on a slippery slope picking up steam. History has shown time and again it doesn't end well.

Scruffydog777
10-22-2018, 07:47 PM
When I looked for the English translation of this song, I found a few songs the search led me to that the title of had Sexto at the beginning and I clicked on a couple and found some raunchy lyrics in the first two, but then I realized in each case I had the wrong song. I finally found the lyrics to Julia's song and had to do like CleverCowboy did and use an online service (Google) to translate it but with my experience with translating songs and interviews, I don't see much that is openly bad about this song, though the I could be wrong but I have to wonder if we are looking at the right Sexto lyrics?

Shepherd
10-22-2018, 09:07 PM
I had looked for the translated lyrics before, but I could not find them. I tried running the French through the google translator, but some of what resulted did not make sense. Link?

It turns out there is more than one song out there with SEXTO in its title. The song lyrics I found and mentioned above were for "Sexto Sentido." Julia did not sing this song. My mistake. The lyrics for "Sexto Sentido" are somewhat graphic, not terrible but questionable for a teenage girl.

https://www.musixmatch.com/lyrics/Gigolo-Y-La-Exce-feat-Bad-Bunny/Sexto-Sentido/translation/english

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBYPp5oa39Q

The correct translation for Julia's "Sexto" is posted below. Apparently, there are sexual references the French would understand that I don't see. No doubt, there is something about bubbles. When Alizee made her bubble video, I totally missed their sexual significance, thinking bubbles were merely a cutesy teenage thing. Most of the lyrics make no sense to me. I don't know if this is characteristic of the French or Mylene Farmer. Overall, this song strikes me as fairly innocent, and I would have no problem with my daughter singing it (if I had a daughter).

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=223&pictureid=2556

Ba di dou di da
Shot of tequila it's me
To the licentiousness
No rule no age
Ba di dou di da
If Marylin had the choice
It's with the fingertips
She would have liked, liked it

S.EXTO
Sending bubbles from the altitude
You know I'm love
When your words escape, break the ice

S.EXTO
Send tonight the particles and love
Seventh heaven is high
this chiquissime is my sexto

Na na na na na na na
Na na na na na na na
Na na na na na na na
Na na na na na na na
Na na na na na na na
Na na na na na na na

Ba da di di dou
Shot tequila for me
a bold world
is a happy world

Ba da di di dou
The thrill at your fingertips
Beginnings of choice
For my adored I send you

S.EXTO
Sending of the bubbles of the altitude
You know I am love

S.EXTO
Send tonight the particles and the love
Seventh heaven is top
This is chiquissime, it's my sexto

S.EXTO
Sending bubbles of the altitude
You know I'm love

S.EXTO
Send tonight particles and love
Seventh heaven is high (is high, is high)

SEXTO
Sending bubbles from the altitude
You know I'm love

S.EXTO
Sending tonight the particles and the love
Seventh heaven is high (is high, is high)

Na na na na na na
Na
na
Na na na Na na na na na
Na na na na na na na na
Na na na na na na na na

Scruffydog777
10-22-2018, 09:21 PM
............ Apparently, there are sexual references the French would understand that I don't see. No doubt, there is something sexual about bubbles. When Alizee made her bubble video, I totally missed their sexual significance, thinking bubbles were merely a cutesy teenager thing. ............

I'm sure there are lines that with a direct translation by something like Google translate look perfectly innocent, but we'll have to wait for someone who speaks the language well to find out the hidden meanings.

Mr Coucou
10-26-2018, 09:05 AM
Julia is ordinary, nothing special.

I think Alizee is prettier in an overall sense. Also, Alizee had a "tomboyish" appearance when she was young--- Alizee looked slightly like a boy. (See the Parler Tout Bas video, for example.)

The "tomboyish" appearance, in my opinion, is something that made Alizee extremely hot. Julia doesn't have that at all--- Julia is ordinary.

CleverCowboy
10-26-2018, 09:18 AM
Julia is ordinary, nothing special.

I think Alizee is prettier in an overall sense. Also, Alizee had a "tomboyish" appearance when she was young--- Alizee looked slightly like a boy. (See the Parler Tout Bas video, for example.)

The "tomboyish" appearance, in my opinion, is something that made Alizee extremely hot. Julia doesn't have that at all--- Julia is ordinary.

I still have a short clip of Alizee in Les Enfoires 2008 on my google drive where she plays the part of a women's rugby team taking on a men's team. It's all in good fun, but each team is mocking the other. Alizee is playing around, threatening the guys with her fist, doing a kick box move, and general mocking. The guys in return seem to feel comfortable harassing her back, even face palming her while she is singing.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/640x480q90/924/DcGACv.jpg

The fact that she takes something like this in stride definitely qualifies her as tomboyish. There are no other female participants getting this kind of treatment.

Here is the clip:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15_uMeKHpVkTgMqOV-8H3HUDm9YrarH2b

Mr Coucou
10-26-2018, 09:55 AM
Also, I would guess that Julia's personality is also ordinary. Something tells me we're not going to get a single nose-scrunch out of Julia.

Edit:

The fact that she takes something like this in stride definitely qualifies her as tomboyish. There are no other female participants getting this kind of treatment.

I don't mean she acted like a boy, I mean she looked like a boy.
From 2000-2003, she looked slightly-- very slightly-- like a boy. Its quite evident in the parler tout bas video, for example. I can see it also in the 2003 live concert. No one would have ever mistaken her for a boy--- and yet at the same time, she looked slightly like a boy.

Do you know what I mean?

P.S. Thanks for the video clip. (I don't think her personality is tomboyish, though--- just wacky! She's *fascinating*, isn't she???)

CleverCowboy
10-26-2018, 10:07 AM
Also, I would guess that Julia's personality is also ordinary. Something tells me we're not going to get a single nose-scrunch out of Julia.

In my opinion, Julia is much prettier than the average girl her age and has a great singing voice. She will achieve some level of success, but hard to tell how much. From what I have read, SEXTO is not a good indication of what the rest of her upcoming album will be like. She is not a dancer, so her live performances will be more subdued than Alizee's, which will probably fit her well. As she said in her interview: "There are a lot of music that reflect a part of me more melancholy. It's the kind of songs I love that really bring out emotions." She will probably appeal to an older crowd versus her peer group.

And I don't expect any nose-scrunches out of her, which is my absolute favorite of Alizee's charms. Some might think her scrunches are done voluntarily, but I have found her doing them at times when the camera is not on her and she is not the focus of attention, like when she is singing in the background of a LE performance.

I don't mean she acted like a boy, I mean she looked like a boy.
From 2000-2003, she looked slightly-- very slightly-- like a boy. Its quite evident in the parler tout bas video, for example. I can see it also in the 2003 live concert. No one would have ever mistaken her for a boy--- and yet at the same time, she looked slightly like a boy.

Do you know what I mean?

P.S. Thanks for the video clip. (I don't think her personality is tomboyish, though--- just wacky! She's *fascinating*, isn't she???)

I understand what you mean...

I sometimes have called Alizee a "goofball" :) She has a great sense of humor. She's not the type to go around telling jokes, but rather takes opportunities to interject her humor in a rather dry manner, where the humor is not always obvious. She's very clever.

Mr Coucou
10-26-2018, 10:34 PM
And I don't expect any nose-scrunches out of her, which is my absolute favorite of Alizee's charms. Some might think her scrunches are done voluntarily, but I have found her doing them at times when the camera is not on her and she is not the focus of attention, like when she is singing in the background of a LE performance.

I would think the nose scrunches are purely voluntary, somethat that she just does as part of her performance, and she's fully aware that she is doing it. She has probably done it all her life, even when the camera existed only in her mind and there was no actual camera.

I sometimes have called Alizee a "goofball" :) She has a great sense of humor. She's not the type to go around telling jokes, but rather takes opportunities to interject her humor in a rather dry manner, where the humor is not always obvious. She's very clever.

I'd like to know her I.Q.; her personality has a definite "depth" to it. I've noticed that high forehead of hers, and I've wondered if she has a large brain. Maybe, maybe not.

I saw that program where she talked about how she would dance for hours as a child, how it was an escape for her and how she would get lost in it. (I forgot exactly what she said.) And so here is a person who can engage in intense concentration for extended periods of time.

Her I.Q. could be anything, from just slightly above average on up. I'm curious.

Shepherd
10-27-2018, 05:03 AM
I was looking at an interview of Julia

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=223&pictureid=2517

I've seen several instances where Julia has made almost identical statements to those of Alizee about working with Mylene Farmer. I don't have time to search the quotes out and post them here, but it is interesting that other people have also noticed the similarities.

It's difficult enough to write a good song let alone to design that song to the singer's preferences. Most artists don't like other people tampering with their creations. When I first heard Alizee say that MF had made some changes to the lyrics to accommodate her, I was surprised that Mylene was willing to do that. But then her lyrics are so impenetrable that I think she could plug in anything and people would accept it taking the attitude "I never understand her lyric's anyway."

CleverCowboy
10-28-2018, 09:11 PM
I would think the nose scrunches are purely voluntary, somethat that she just does as part of her performance, and she's fully aware that she is doing it. She has probably done it all her life, even when the camera existed only in her mind and there was no actual camera.

At one point I thought that, then I changed my mind.

On one of Alizee's early Gourmandises performances, she makes probably the cutest facial expression I have seen her make. It is at the 1:37 mark, and the link below will take you to a few seconds before that.

https://youtu.be/pug-GTOQ4uw?t=94

It seems so random because I am hard pressed to find another instance where she does this. The closest I have seen is a decade later in one of her Je veux bien videos, right at the 2:30 mark. Here is the link a few seconds before.

https://youtu.be/54r7Uzu4I1Q?t=147

It's not really the face scrunch as we know it, but very unique.

Here is the main reason I think the scrunch is involuntary. When she was performing at the Les Enfoires 2013 show, one of our members was there (I believe it was Jenny). Somebody else posted this on their google drive, and I hope it is OK that I repost it to make this point. She is in the background dancing and singing to Gangham Style. The scrunch happens so fast at 0:53 it is just a flash, and you have to stop the video to see it is for sure. Definitely a scrunch and so quick and out of the blue it is hard to conclude she planned it. Maybe the adrenaline rush of performing. Can't tell for sure.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PnfbGyKaNRBNdCkbtO1sFy584zA3Sq9M

I'd like to know her I.Q.; her personality has a definite "depth" to it. I've noticed that high forehead of hers, and I've wondered if she has a large brain. Maybe, maybe not.

She has received some grief on her forehead, that is for sure. One youtube commenter said you could land a 747 on her forehead. But in all reality, I think a lot of it is an optical illusion. Here eyes are set in the middle of her head vertically, which is what is normal. It's not like she has a cranium like E.T. ;) Not all skull structure are made the same. Eastern European men like myself have a brow bone that protrudes out from the forehead some. The top of Alizee's forehead doesn't slope back with a low hairline like some other women. Her hairline is set back up to a half an inch that what we would consider "standard" on a woman. But Alizee is definitely not standard. :)

I'm not sure what her IQ would be. She didn't receive a normal education, with her last years being correspondence. Many high IQ geniuses didn't do well in structured classes, but I doubt if Alizee would qualify for Mensa membership anyway. My guess is she would be at around average IQ.

I had said Alizee had a pretty keen sense of humor and on the dry side, which I find funnier actually. Here is a clip that I have always enjoyed. Alizee is answering as many questions as she can in 60 seconds. She is very animated and many of her answers she pulls off with a straight face (as long as she can that is).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_6ckGX-V7g