PDA

View Full Version : IE 7 website bugs

brad
12-01-2006, 02:44 PM
Has anyone noticed any IE 7 bugs with our website? I just installed vista at work and noticed a few strange things. I don't use IE .. but I am sure a lot of people will be using it. If you find anything please post it here. Thanks!

mibir
12-01-2006, 03:55 PM
I haven't noticed any problems.

NANAKI
12-01-2006, 04:28 PM
neither have I so :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

brad
12-01-2006, 05:09 PM
maybe it is something related to vista then? i am getting ready to install it at home, so I will be able to test it out some.

spysmasher
12-01-2006, 05:56 PM
I just installed IE7 on my comp recently, and I've been having some problems with it, especially when I try to open more than one window at a time: it tends to be very slow and sometimes freezes up my comp. I don't think the problem is the comp itself, as I didn't have that problem until I started using IE7. I've noticed a couple of other weird things, too. I had a problem viewing videos on Youtube the other day, but that seems to be cleared up now. I don't know, but some things just seem a bit out of kilter with this version of IE.

Oh yeah, I haven't been able to get Babelfish to work since I installed IE7, either.

Sir Wood
12-01-2006, 07:31 PM
No problems at my end with IE7 and this site, and I used Babel Fish just fine last night.

I don't have the best system:
WinXP Pro
AMD +2000 XP
1GB RAM
20 & 30GB HDD
ATI Radeon 9600XT
Sound Blaster

HibyPrime
12-01-2006, 08:39 PM
No problems at my end with IE7 and this site, and I used Babel Fish just fine last night.

I don't have the best system:
WinXP Pro
AMD +2000 XP
1GB RAM
20 & 30GB HDD
ATI Radeon 9600XT
Sound Blaster

My god man, how do you live?

brad
12-01-2006, 09:54 PM
just installed vista at home (which is amazing btw) and I am not having the same issues I saw this morning at work. might have been a fluke or something.

mibir
12-02-2006, 01:43 AM
I just installed IE7 on my comp recently, and I've been having some problems with it, especially when I try to open more than one window at a time: it tends to be very slow and sometimes freezes up my comp. I don't think the problem is the comp itself, as I didn't have that problem until I started using IE7. I've noticed a couple of other weird things, too. I had a problem viewing videos on Youtube the other day, but that seems to be cleared up now. I don't know, but some things just seem a bit out of kilter with this version of IE.

Oh yeah, I haven't been able to get Babelfish to work since I installed IE7, either.

I experience a similar problem from time to time. I'm into Fantasy Football/Basketball real big and when I click on players names it brings up a new window with their stats and such. Sometimes when I close out the new window it'll freeze up all my Internet Explorer windows. It happens periodically so it isn't a fluke and never happened with a previous version so it must be an IE7 bug.

atra201
12-03-2006, 09:52 AM
i'm thinking of installing vista myself so tell me if anything bad happens please

Geech
12-03-2006, 12:46 PM
I have been using IE 7 and everything looks all good for me. I have yet to try vista though.

General Patton
12-03-2006, 11:52 PM
No problems for me I downloaded IE 7 when it first came out and I haven't had a problem on any websites. How is vista? Everyone seems to be making fun of it... like when the guy was using the updated version of Word. That was funny. Whenever he told the comp what to type it went crazy.

brad
12-04-2006, 12:06 AM
i really like Vista .. it is very nice. I have only had problems with some video editing software. most of the issues i have seen are due to software trying to do things it shouldn't do anyway (and vista blocks it, breaking the program). other than that everything has worked perfect. And it looks nice as hell.

Sir Wood
12-04-2006, 01:08 AM
My god man, how do you live?
I don't play to many high end games: WoW, CS:S & DC. But I do plan on ordering from New Egg within the next couple weeks so that I can have my semester break to build a new rig. I'll post a new thread when I figure out what I'm planning on getting to get peoples opinions. :D

just installed vista at home (which is amazing btw) and I am not having the same issues I saw this morning at work. might have been a fluke or something.
I don't know about jumping on a new OS. It might be safer to wait another six-months or so a let them work out the initial bugs. But then, that might postpone me building a new rig. Grrrr, decisions decisions. :confused:

brad
12-04-2006, 01:15 AM
I don't know about jumping on a new OS. It might be safer to wait another six-months or so a let them work out the initial bugs. But then, that might postpone me building a new rig. Grrrr, decisions decisions. :confused:

by the time it has the consumer release, i think it will be 100%

it really already is IMHO, like I said, the only issues I have come across are due to security flaws in 3rd party software. Some Vista security features prevent some software from installing all of their 'call home' features and it tends to break it.

Overall I am very impressed with Vista, a lot of the best parts / features are hard to describe. I think eventually when people switch over, they will wish they had sooner. But it won't be available for a few months anyway, (unless you are a business).

Sir Wood
12-04-2006, 09:45 AM
Dang, not available until end of Jan 2007? The prices are pretty high too, was Win XP this expensive at it's initial release? I might just have to wait until next year and see if school will offer a discount... :(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Vista

Sorry about this going OT.

Ernest
05-23-2007, 06:04 AM
Stick with XP for the time being...
You don't want to upgrade until a few years have passed because at such a rate that when it is "NEW" there are too many problems and too great risk for your computer system.
....You can upgrade up the cost is usually a few hundreds of dollars...
Windows Vista is having more security tools good memory management and better apppearance than windows XP ....
But it costly for professional version of windows vista.
I will not suggest you to upgrade from windows XP, because it also ask for more processor and memory to run better performance...
I'am used windows vista now, but I need to open again and my windows xp, that's why I need create some sort of partition between of them...

Bottom line stay with what you are having now...