PDA

View Full Version : Youtube video

Scruffydog777
08-09-2019, 09:52 AM
It's funny how Youtube works sometimes. When I clicked onto Youtube today, one of the several videos listed was this one. I wonder why?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-3Nni5vlNI

kulli
08-09-2019, 03:51 PM
The problem is that YouTube’s Recommendations become confused over time, and begin showing you irrelevant or useless content. :D

Scruffydog777
08-09-2019, 06:02 PM
Well I think they steer you towards videos of the type you frequent, especially those with ads in them. I watch a lot of SNL videos and because of Alizee, a lot of 'French' videos so they set a trap for me with a video like this which for me is relevant and thus I click on it and they make mo money. As far as if this video is relevant towards Alizee, well it isn't and that's why I put it in Off-topic.

Scruffydog777
10-13-2019, 09:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm2BY3Os7kk

Bamagirl
10-14-2019, 05:13 PM
Well I think they steer you towards videos of the type you frequent, especially those with ads in them. I watch a lot of SNL videos and because of Alizee, a lot of 'French' videos so they set a trap for me with a video like this which for me is relevant and thus I click on it and they make mo money. As far as if this video is relevant towards Alizee, well it isn't and that's why I put it in Off-topic.

It is the world we live in--everything tracks what we do and even where we are! A few weeks ago I had to take my 12 year old with me when I went to visit someone in the hospital, and after that to two nursing homes. On our way home, she was looking at her iPhone and said "Why am I getting all these ads for adult diapers?"

Scruffydog777
10-14-2019, 08:41 PM
It is the world we live in--everything tracks what we do and even where we are! A few weeks ago I had to take my 12 year old with me when I went to visit someone in the hospital, and after that to two nursing homes. On our way home, she was looking at her iPhone and said "Why am I getting all these ads for adult diapers?"

That is funny but scary too. It's like with these remote controls for a tv that you can just say what you want to watch, but just because you aren't telling it what you want to watch, doesn't mean it's not listening.

Now I constantly see after I shop for something on line, ads show up everytime I go on line after that for what I was shopping for, but what you stated is the first time I've heard of someone being sent ads because they were tracked as to where they went. Like I said....scary stuff!

Reminds me of the picture....

CleverCowboy
10-15-2019, 07:22 AM
That is funny but scary too. It's like with these remote controls for a tv that you can just say what you want to watch, but just because you aren't telling it what you want to watch, doesn't mean it's not listening.

Now I constantly see after I shop for something on line, ads show up everytime I go on line after that for what I was shopping for, but what you stated is the first time I've heard of someone being sent ads because they were tracked as to where they went. Like I said....scary stuff!

Reminds me of the picture....

We are definitely being tracked... and listened in on. Voice command is a great idea when used for the right reasons. I like my Alexa and I am aware she is listening. In the morning when I come down to stairs to the kitchen I notice she "wakes up" when she hears my footsteps. I have the model with the display screen. It is in screen save mode until it hears my footsteps.

If there is somebody in the NSA assigned to listen to the conversation in my house, he would be the one in the back corner with his feet propped on the desk fast asleep. Not much exciting going on ;) I do think that Alexa, Google, and even our phones listen for key words when idle outside what the wakeup
words are. If I ever engaged in a conversation about certain topics that might be hot-buttons in the future, I will unplug Alexa and turn off the phone (even though I have read that our phones can listen in and transmit our location even when off. Unfortunately the battery is sealed in now so you can't pull the battery.)

We have seen in the last few years about China's social credit scoring system to control it's population. Indications are that a form of that is operating in the US already based on our social media posts. It is not too outlandish to think that at some point the spies in our home might feed into that system based on things that we say in private.

Bamagirl
10-15-2019, 11:42 AM
It’s sort of funny and seems harmless when you think of tracking as just being used for target advertising. But with the government becoming more and more intrusive, there are some really scary implications. Orwell really did see the future—he just thought it would happen sooner than it has.

CleverCowboy
10-15-2019, 01:35 PM
It’s sort of funny and seems harmless when you think of tracking as just being used for target advertising. But with the government becoming more and more intrusive, there are some really scary implications. Orwell really did see the future—he just thought it would happen sooner than it has.

It's been more than once an ad popped up on something I was shopping for anyway. No harm done.

Google, Amazon, Apple and FaceBook were allowed to grow into giants without any anti-trust action because, and this is just my humble opinion, they have information on us that the government wants. I think they have lucrative government contracts where our personal information is the commodity. In return, they are shielded from any break-ups. Again, just my opinion.

Scruffydog777
09-03-2020, 02:09 PM
Here's a video I'm sure the Alizée family would get a kick out of if they ever saw it. It shows this dog's reaction when his owner stole his bed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ughKk1LQqJA

Bamagirl
09-03-2020, 07:37 PM
Here's a video I'm sure the Alizée family would get a kick out of if they ever saw it. It shows this dog's reaction when his owner stole his bed.

I kept thinking Milky would eventually jump up on the couch!

Bamagirl
12-02-2020, 06:25 PM
This is a great video with a terrific view of Ajaccio. At about the 10:00 point the copilot says: "What a beautiful one."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHJeKXTk7ag

Scruffydog777
12-03-2020, 05:11 PM
This is a great video with a terrific view of Ajaccio. At about the 10:00 point the copilot says: "What a beautiful one."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHJeKXTk7ag

This is pretty cool stuff. I've seen videos like this before but not so professionally done. It looks like the outfit that filmed this was "just Planes.com" and they started shooting this type of video in HD with multiple cameras in 2012,

Such a great view of Ajaccio. The two times or was it three when I flew in, we came in from the west over the land as opposed to this one that came in over the bay.