PDA

View Full Version : Raising Money For Inseme

Bamagirl
01-28-2021, 09:37 AM
This article was posted on FaceBook. It is about an effort to raise money for the Inseme association. Our long-term members should know this organization well.

http://www.ajaccio.fr/200-galettes-des-Rois-seront-vendues-en-faveur-de-l-association-Inseme_a9308.html?fbclid=IwAR0_tluwrWeLUOtCy-5Qz9c9LW4Rix4pxFanXSVL3TQYCGReep9bRUZ418k

200 GALETTES DES ROIS WILL BE SOLD IN FAVOR OF THE INSEME ASSOCIATION

From Wikipedia: The galette des rois is a pancake traditionally made and consumed in most of France, Quebec, Acadia, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Belgium and Lebanon on the occasion of the Epiphany.

200 strenni sarani vinduti at u Marcatu d'Aiacciu prò di the Inseme association
200 kings cakes will be sold on Saturday January 30 at the Halle Gourmande du Marcatu d'Aiacciu for the benefit of the Inseme association. The initiative launched by L'Artisan Dessert will make it possible to donate all of the profits to support families having to support their loved one whose pathology requires care provided on the continent.

Antoine Cecchi from l'Artisan Dessert will donate all of the profits from the sale of the 200 galettes des Rois to the Inseme association (Photo Ville d'Ajaccio).

"We never do enough to help sick children needing treatment on the continent and their parents." Having found himself in this situation, the many trips back and forth, the search for accommodation, the costs to be borne… Antoine Cecchi of L'artisan Dessert knows what he is talking about.
"Now that I can do something in return, I do it,” explains the pastry chef with a broad smile that can be seen behind his mask. Saturday morning, January 30 in front of the Halle Gourmande, the pastry chef will offer for sale 200 King's cakes, whole or in parts, to support the cause carried by the Inseme association for more than ten years.

This autodidact, who opened L'artisan Dessert sur la Rocade six years ago, has succeeded by dint of passion, perseverance and training to create an address well known and recognized by the Ajaccian population. It is also in the heart of the Halle Gourmande of the Ajaccio market place César Campinchi that lovers of good products can buy its delicious pastries and other specialties.

Scruffydog777
01-28-2021, 12:37 PM
Those galette des rois looks pretty good. If I ever go back there, I'll have to drop in and try one. I looked it up on Google Earth and it looks like it's not far from the studio!

Bamagirl
03-17-2021, 08:15 PM
Our members have donated to different causes in Corsica. We've donated to the Marie Do association. She was a woman from Corsica, who worked for Air Corsica, and who died of breast cancer.

Several years ago, Alizée offered to paint a few toys that were to be auctioned off to raise money for a young boy who was sick in Corsica. Our forum offered to not buy the toys, but to match the winning bid, thus doubling the amount of money raised. Sadly the boy died.

We've also donated to the Inseme organization. Inseme raised money to buy an apartment on the mainland in Marseilles, so people from Corsica would have a place to stay when a family member was being treated there.

This young boy had been fighting leukemia for years and his family may have stayed at the place we donated to.

https://www.corsenetinfos.corsica/Evan-le-jeune-corse-de-11-ans-atteint-d-une-leucemie-aig%C3%BCe-est-decede-a-Marseille_a56333.html?fbclid=IwAR1wixPPdN7BovLLkfj Ex4Tm6vRFksxoZ37gOfMeEZIGgxUhNj9WSiofR4c

"After years of fighting against the disease, little Evan, hospitalized in Marseille, left this Thursday, March 11 in the morning to join the world of angels.
The smile of this child, his determination to fight to overcome the disease will remain forever engraved in our hearts, just like this immense outpouring of solidarity throughout Corsica to come to the aid of his family.

"A struggle of 5 trying years which was not enough to overcome his disease.
Events and concerts have been organized throughout Corsica to help parents and offer Evan all the possibilities for treatment. Everything has been tried: bone marrow transplant, several treatments, repeated hospitalizations, a new treatment protocol, nothing will have helped.

"It was his mother who announced the sad news precisely Franco Farsetti, president of the Lions Club Balagne which in 2019 had organized over two days 'Munticellu in festa' with the friendly participation of Jacques Dutronc, Michel Fugain, the Vitalba Group and so many others.

"The body will be repatriated on Wednesday March 17 and deposited at the Montesoro funeral home before cremation the next day Thursday at 8.45 a.m.

"In this painful circumstance, the editorial staff of CNI presents its sincere condolences to all its thousands, and to all the people affected by this grief."

Bamagirl
06-02-2021, 08:55 AM
Ske Leton has posted a short video of Alizée doing a promotion for Inseme. Inseme, as we have discussed here, is a charitable organization that raises money for people from Corsica to have a place to stay near a hospital in Marseille when a family member has to go to the mainland for medical treatment.

"All the time
We need you. Make a donation!"

"Inseme"

1 month collection for 1 roof
from June 1 to 30 on www.move.corsica
Together let's buy an apartment in Paris

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gZz8i8ZnCgZS3q3o8_LCjbuB6_LWFccs/view?usp=sharing

Scruffydog777
06-03-2021, 12:17 AM
Ske Leton has posted a short video of Alizée doing a promotion for Inseme. Inseme, as we have discussed here, is a charitable organization that raises money for people from Corsica to have a place to stay near a hospital in Marseille when a family member has to go to the mainland for medical treatment.

"All the time

"Inseme"

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gZz8i8ZnCgZS3q3o8_LCjbuB6_LWFccs/view?usp=sharing

Here is Alizée and Blanche whose family runs the Chez Paulo restaurant both putting on T shirts to help out the Inseme cause a few years ago.

I've made a couple of donations to this cause and other Corsican causes in the past and I will make a donation to this fund raising event.

CleverCowboy
06-03-2021, 07:51 AM

"All the time

"Inseme"

I'll try real hard to forget that Alizee is wearing a Yankees ball cap. :p