PDA

View Full Version : My first dream…

Sir Wood
12-04-2006, 12:56 AM
This morning I had my first dream… that’s Alizée related, so I had to immediately jot it down when I first woke up before I forget. (Yeah, you all are thinking I'm a sick pup.) :p

Long story short, it was the beginning of a school semester and I was trying to get to know this cheerleader. The class I thought we had together was full and I ended up S.O.L. and left to search for another class room. During my search, I hear the piano intro to “Gourmandises” and I pointed out to the group with me and said, “Hey, that’s Alizée they’re playing.”

Analyzing my dream, I could only surmise:
1) The cheerleader thing comes from my watching too much of “Hero” lately and their commercial spamming of “Save the cheerleader, save the world…”
2) “Gourmandises” probably came my hearing a lot of that song recently, e.g. from DJ_Greg’s show last Saturday and also this video (http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthread.php?t=811).

Sir Wood
12-04-2006, 12:59 AM
The long version: :blink:

It appeared to be the beginning of a school semester and I was trying to get to know this cheerleader. She almost looked like this girl I was acquainted with that had moved away this past Spring. (Prior events lead to my being in the company of her and her squad friends involved riding in the subways and going through the mall and then school common areas – something like that, it’s getting faint on me.) Anyway, I walked with her to some organic chem lab thinking we had the same class. It happened that there could only be one person per lab table, so after a scrambling of people trying to get tables I ended up S.O.L. and when teacher asked if everyone had a table I said I didn’t and she responded rudely saying, “There’s more than one class room available for this course.” So, I founded myself back in the school hallways looking for this “other” class room. After some time had gone by of searching I then happened to look at my schedule again and noticed that I was scheduled for something else.

So, while looking for this new class room, my environment changed to a mall setting where a group of people and myself where walking past some people playing music (you know how this time of year malls have bands to play holiday music in their walk ways). What caught my eyes was that they had some electric guitar on the ground that had “light” strings playing (similar to what you see on Win Media Player’s visual effects that is responding to the music beat) – but I digress. Anyway, we walked past them and the environment changed back to that of school with what appeared to be one of those “school spirit” events with people waiting in the dark. It’s at this point, where still hearing the mall band play, that I hear the piano intro to “Gourmandises” and I pointed out to the prior group with me and said, “Hey, that’s Alizée they’re playing.”

The rest of the dream consisted of me finding my class which happens to be my current Physics II lab and what appeared to be one of the first labs we worked on at the beginning of the semester. It’s around this point I woke up.

Damn, wish the rest of the dream would have been an Alizée concert at the “school spirit” event.

(I was pretty much able to figure out were these collage of events might have come from.) :cool:

brad
12-04-2006, 01:26 AM
nice .... i love alizée dreams :)

i have a kind of running theme in mine. usually I will be somewhere, like at a meeting or somewhere, and alizee will be there. The whole time I just stare at her because she is so beautiful, but I don't know who she is, and I can't think of her name :(

I wonder what that means? It would be awesome if there was someone who can analyze dreams here. I bet we all have some interesting ones.

rwd716
12-04-2006, 02:38 AM
I've only had two dreams w/ Lili in them. They're usually about how I win the Lottery or somehow come into a lot of money. Basically the first thing I do is try to find out how I can get in touch with her. Then I have a meeting with her and Jeremy about how I can invest in the next album. Which is sweet, because I make major bank from all the record sales and I become friends w/ Lili!
The other part of the dream has to do with somehow I can go back in time, and get to her before she meets J.

I always seem to wake up after her album does well, then I fall back to sleep and dream the second part. I didn't have the same dream twice, but both times sort of followed this pattern.

nurvonic
12-04-2006, 03:04 AM
i have some weird vivid dreams. unfortunately i only had one dream alizee related that i cant remember:(

rwd716
12-04-2006, 03:12 AM
I used to dream every night when I was younger, but I think I quit dreaming around 14 or 15. I can't really remember having another dream until I was 19. I'm sure I had a few somewhere in there, but it really seemed wierd to have suck a lack of dreams. I've been getting more dreams in the last few years, but definately not every night. Maybe one or two a week.

--Kinda off topic, but I'm bored :p

aditya8617
12-04-2006, 05:18 AM
Congrats on your first Alizee dream. Hope you get more, not dreams but Alizee nightmares! I am sure you wouldn't mind those, would you?

HibyPrime
12-04-2006, 08:36 AM
The long version: :blink:

It appeared to be the beginning of a school semester and I was trying to get to know this cheerleader. She almost looked like this girl I was acquainted with that had moved away this past Spring. (Prior events lead to my being in the company of her and her squad friends involved riding in the subways and going through the mall and then school common areas – something like that, it’s getting faint on me.) Anyway, I walked with her to some organic chem lab thinking we had the same class. It happened that there could only be one person per lab table, so after a scrambling of people trying to get tables I ended up S.O.L. and when teacher asked if everyone had a table I said I didn’t and she responded rudely saying, “There’s more than one class room available for this course.” So, I founded myself back in the school hallways looking for this “other” class room. After some time had gone by of searching I then happened to look at my schedule again and noticed that I was scheduled for something else.

So, while looking for this new class room, my environment changed to a mall setting where a group of people and myself where walking past some people playing music (you know how this time of year malls have bands to play holiday music in their walk ways). What caught my eyes was that they had some electric guitar on the ground that had “light” strings playing (similar to what you see on Win Media Player’s visual effects that is responding to the music beat) – but I digress. Anyway, we walked past them and the environment changed back to that of school with what appeared to be one of those “school spirit” events with people waiting in the dark. It’s at this point, where still hearing the mall band play, that I hear the piano intro to “Gourmandises” and I pointed out to the prior group with me and said, “Hey, that’s Alizée they’re playing.”

The rest of the dream consisted of me finding my class which happens to be my current Physics II lab and what appeared to be one of the first labs we worked on at the beginning of the semester. It’s around this point I woke up.

Damn, wish the rest of the dream would have been an Alizée concert at the “school spirit” event.

(I was pretty much able to figure out were these collage of events might have come from.) :cool:

I'm going to try to find the meaning of your dream here, though I'll probably be wrong...

The first bit about trying to get to know the cheerleader and not being able to get a class with her symbolizes your search and failure of trying to get a mate in the waking world?

The school changing to the mall represents you getting tired of school and just wanting to hang around with your friends.

Hearing Alizée playing gourmandises, but not actually going to where she was and listening to it, as well as asking for an autograph or something, again represents the same thing as trying to get to know the cheerleader, and failing.

Eventually finding your physics II lab symbolizes that, even though you are sick of school, you are fully willing to go back day after day until you graduate.

AMIRITE?

Sir Wood
12-04-2006, 09:39 AM

i have a kind of running theme in mine. usually I will be somewhere, like at a meeting or somewhere, and alizee will be there. The whole time I just stare at her because she is so beautiful, but I don't know who she is, and I can't think of her name :(

I wonder what that means? It would be awesome if there was someone who can analyze dreams here. I bet we all have some interesting ones.
I'll try and take a gander at it later, but I'm stuck at work right now. :mad: Although I did Google this, so maybe this might help: http://www.dreammoods.com/
Most of the time, I find it best to immediately think of what has gone on in my life the past few days or weeks that might relate towards the dreams. Where's a psych major when you need one?

I used to dream every night when I was younger, but I think I quit dreaming around 14 or 15. I can't really remember having another dream until I was 19. I'm sure I had a few somewhere in there, but it really seemed wierd to have suck a lack of dreams. I've been getting more dreams in the last few years, but definately not every night. Maybe one or two a week.

--Kinda off topic, but I'm bored :p
It's cause you're getting older and starting to forget, or you're not getting enough proper sleep (quit partying so much). :p

I'm going to try to find the meaning of your dream here, though I'll probably be wrong...

The first bit about trying to get to know the cheerleader and not being able to get a class with her symbolizes your search and failure of trying to get a mate in the waking world?

The school changing to the mall represents you getting tired of school and just wanting to hang around with your friends.

Hearing Alizée playing gourmandises, but not actually going to where she was and listening to it, as well as asking for an autograph or something, again represents the same thing as trying to get to know the cheerleader, and failing.

Eventually finding your physics II lab symbolizes that, even though you are sick of school, you are fully willing to go back day after day until you graduate.

AMIRITE?
Wow, I never thought of it that way. But I can see how that does fit in. Thanks! :D
***Lili, please introduce me to one of your friends!***

HibyPrime
12-04-2006, 10:29 AM

Oh that's an easy one! You never go an talk to her in your dreams because you can't talk to her in real life - you have to admire her from afar because of the massive distance between you. You don't know her name in the dream because, eventhough you have seen all the interviews, you don't know the real her.

I'm not a psycologist (I can't even spell it right, I think), so don't take my answers as fact :)

aFrenchie
12-04-2006, 10:52 AM
Oh that's an easy one! You never go an talk to her in your dreams because you can't talk to her in real life
99% of her fans shouldn't dream they're talking to her then? :confused:

I'm not a psycologist (I can't even spell it right, I think)
psychologist :p

HibyPrime
12-04-2006, 10:58 AM
99% of her fans shouldn't dream they're talking to her then? :confused:

Your life is not a result of your dreams, your dreams are a result of your life.

Someone could want so much just to talk to her, that it is all they ever dream about...

It all depends what's going on in the mind of the person..

aFrenchie
12-04-2006, 11:03 AM
Your life is not a result of your dreams, your dreams are a result of your life.
I always thought that exactly. Those who make predictions from dreams (so the other way around) always made me laugh :)
Someone could want so much just to talk to her, that it is all they ever dream about...

It all depends what's going on in the mind of the person..
So Brad, you don't want to talk to her enough in real life. Try harder! :p

HibyPrime
12-04-2006, 11:08 AM
I always thought that exactly. Those who make predictions from dreams (so the other way around) always made me laugh :)

they are quite funny :)

So Brad, you don't want to talk to her enough in real life. Try harder! :p

Not exactly, he is probably just aware of the chances of him actually having any sort of a conversation with her at any point in his life. It does not necessarily mean that he does not want to talk to her..

aFrenchie
12-04-2006, 11:12 AM
Not exactly, he is probably just aware of the chances of him actually having any sort of a conversation with her at any point in his life. It does not necessarily mean that he does not want to talk to her..
So her fans who dreamt they were talking to her (they are tons at AF and AA forums) are naive enough to think that it will happen to them? Brad, you're too smart then :p (watch out, she's behind you!)

HibyPrime
12-04-2006, 11:19 AM
So her fans who dreamt they were talking to her (they are tons at AF and AA forums) are naive enough to think that it will happen to them? Brad, you're too smart then :p (watch out, she's behind you!)

no!!!!! you're not understanding: there is nothing bad or good about the dream, it's just a normal dream. There isn't really anything negative or positive in dreams, it's just truth...

They are not naive to think that, they are dreaming of what they know to be real (the want to talk to her), brad is dreaming of what he knows to be real (the chances of him talking to her).

Brad is dreaming of chances, the fans you speak of are dreaming of wants.

aFrenchie
12-04-2006, 11:24 AM
Brad is dreaming of chances, the fans you speak of are dreaming of wants.
So I was right, Brad doesn't want (or daydream) to talk to her enough :confused:

HibyPrime
12-04-2006, 11:27 AM
So I was right, Brad doesn't want (or daydream) to talk to her enough :confused:

ack!

I'm going out now, but I shall draw you a graph when I get home. It should explain things a bit better

aFrenchie
12-04-2006, 11:40 AM
I shall draw you a graph when I get home. It should explain things a bit better
Don't bother too much though! I'm not even convinced about those connections between life and dreams anyway :p. Not one psychologist will tell you the same thing than another one. Not a true science for me, I was only joking around :).

atra201
12-04-2006, 11:52 AM
boy if i had a nickle for every dream i had about
Alizee...
and btw did you just have your first dream i had mine like centuries ago
heck my last one was last night actually about 15 hours ago.

spysmasher
12-04-2006, 12:53 PM
I've heard it said that everybody dreams, it's just that some people don't remember their dreams when they wake up. Some years ago, through the influence of a friend of mine, I began recording my dreams -- writing them down, that is. I would keep a notebook by my bed and write down my dreams as soon as I woke up. Once I started doing this, I began to remember more and more dreams. It was kind of interesting and fun for awhile, but before long I got bored with it and stopped. These days, I rarely remember my dreams, but my sleeping habits have been really bad lately: I tend to sleep in short shifts of 2-4 hours at time instead of sleeping through the whole night.

More on topic: I have not had any Alizée-related dreams ... that I can remember. :( Perhaps I should try listening to Alizée as I fall asleep ....

rwd716
12-04-2006, 01:32 PM
I can't do that. It keeps me up cause right as one song ends, my ears perk up when the next song starts. Waking up to Lili though, is way better than that gd beeping :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

spysmasher
12-04-2006, 02:21 PM
Yeah, I haven't actually tried falling asleep to Alizée, and it might not work for the very reason you've mentioned.

bt_bird_90
12-04-2006, 06:10 PM

Those little moments when you're around her, but your mind hasn't quite registered her as "The Alizée" yet are the best :D

Sir Wood
12-04-2006, 09:38 PM

Like you said, it's just her beauty that has you left numb-minded and speechless.

However, I think you're just so preoccupied with all of your little projects (whether work or leisure), that when combined, it's so overwheming and you're left confused; but you still enjoy going through the motions in order to try to reach your end goal of project completion. Alizée could represent that goal (just because she represents the most significant and rewarding thing to you at this moment) of getting the job done. But until you reach that point of meeting each and every one of those goals, you can never realize it. So, it remains elusive to you.

Don't bother too much though! I'm not even convinced about those connections between life and dreams anyway :p. Not one psychologist will tell you the same thing than another one. Not a true science for me, I was only joking around :).
That's what makes it so interesting and fun. But I lean towards the connection between your daily life and you subconscious replaying them.

Hahaha Hiby, you should have seen aFrenchie playing you. I enjoyed that.

btw did you just have your first dream i had mine like centuries ago
heck my last one was last night actually about 15 hours ago.
Yup, I kid you not, and it only envolved hearing the piano intro to Gourmandises. No mental image of Lili. (I guess that's because she is out of my reach and all I have to hold onto is her music.)

BTW bird, I've been meaning to ask. Is that your doggy marking his/her property? (j/k)

General Patton
12-05-2006, 05:28 PM
I have one thing to say about this thread: you people need help.

aditya8617
12-05-2006, 07:40 PM

lol, this is coming from a guy who spent his whole life in a tank!:D

Cooney
12-06-2006, 09:09 AM
I've had several Alizée dreams of late, probably like 3 that I can remember in the last two weeks. They're never vivid, or shocking, or even very structured. The one thing they have in common is that they are all warm, soft, and comfortable, like I'm at total peace, and when I wake up I retain that feeling (even though I'd rather still be asleep and dreaming about her!)

atra201
12-07-2006, 08:04 AM

lol, this is coming from a guy who spent his whole life in a tank!:D

lol :D :D :D :D :D :D

atra201
12-07-2006, 08:06 AM
man this last dream i just had was so amazing that i slept more than my usual time just to keep it going :wub: ,i just woke up 2hours ago

unfortunately i cannot remeber it now. :( :(

nurvonic
12-07-2006, 10:06 AM

GP, you should ban yourself from this forum for a couple of days so you dont have to hear anybody's rants. or if you want, i could do it for you;)

spysmasher
12-07-2006, 12:23 PM

Perhaps we should undergo dream analysis? :rolleyes: