PDA

View Full Version : Do any of you guys feel weird listening to Alizee?

Azereus
12-07-2006, 07:01 PM
I've always felt a little embarrassed that I listened to Alizee. I usually have her her songs stuck in my head and at many times whistle the tune to a few of her songs when I'm walking to school or work. I'm not really the type who would ever listen to Christina Aguilara or any other pop singers. I mostly listen to rap, rock, hip-hop and r&b. So finally my question to the guys out there. you ever feel weird listening to a female pop singer who sings in french? I knowit's a weird question but really I would never reveal to anyone that I actually like many of her tunes.

Back to writng my 10 page essay!

nurvonic
12-07-2006, 07:12 PM
i think most of us here dont seem like the types who would ever listen to french pop music. i was never embarassed however, but i did say to myself "wtf why am i listening to french pop music". id try to play some nirvana or some LP, but i would always come back to this site and soak up some Alizee:)

newalizeefan
12-07-2006, 07:17 PM
i only felt weird when i first started listening to her. i used to listen to only rap/hiphop/rnb. now i rarely listen to that type of music and alizee is all i listen to. although no one really knows about my alizee-obsession, just you guys.

rwd716
12-07-2006, 07:21 PM
Yes and no depending on which friends I'm around. As for if it's just me, I personally have never felt weird listening to her. I used to get weirded out listening to foreign artists before (although not spanish). I guess I've gotten used to the French, and I don't really listen to it as French or "not English"--it's just Alizée. As for the pop(yness) of Lili's music. I'll admit that I get into pop. I like other music too--I'm not a TRL freak, lol, but I like catchy music, so shoot me.

guldebrett
12-07-2006, 07:36 PM
I've always felt a little embarrassed that I listened to Alizee. I usually have her her songs stuck in my head and at many times whistle the tune to a few of her songs when I'm walking to school or work. I'm not really the type who would ever listen to Christina Aguilara or any other pop singers. I mostly listen to rap, rock, hip-hop and r&b. So finally my question to the guys out there. you ever feel weird listening to a female pop singer who sings in french? I knowit's a weird question but really I would never reveal to anyone that I actually like many of her tunes.

No, I have never felt embarrassed about listening to Alizee at any time or any place. I'm new to Alizee but most of my friends are older than me and like her music too, when they hear it. If they ask about her I send them to this website. After all, one of my friends introduced me to Alizee in the same manner; he sent me an MP3 and then a video and I then begged for more! He then told me about this website. So, If you're someone who likes beautiful music, Alizee will definitely be on your list.

I think Alizee is very pretty, sexy, nice, and a great singer and dancer. I'm glad I was introduced to her music and videos and try to pass this favor on to others by spreading the word. I'm very proud of Alizee and what she has accomplished! Are you? Does that answer your question?

RMJ
12-07-2006, 07:48 PM
If by "weird" you mean the wonderful warm feeling in your heart, then yeah I do feel weird.

lobowolf14
12-07-2006, 08:05 PM
I'm mixed. Honestly I like to turn up my Alizee to let other people get a few enlightening seconds of an awesome artist they never heard of, then I realize that they'd probably think I'm weird... or gay, so I turn it down.

Now, with my friends and people I am with every day it is a different matter. I generally feel weird at first, then after I show them the J'en Ai Marre video for them and then I play the songs a few other times for myself I generally don't mind. Why the video? Mainly because after the video they say that she's really hot, so I am allowed to listen to her. LOL

Azereus
12-07-2006, 08:10 PM
Interesting comments guys. I guess that if I understood french or at least was french, I could enjoy Alizee and not feel a little threatened of my masculinity. But if It were revealed to my friends that I listened to Alizee, I'd probably show them the J'en Ai Marre video and they'd be fixated on her.

lobowolf14
12-07-2006, 08:19 PM
Exactly.. I believe that J'en ai Marre should be the initiation to discover Alizee. That video was the first I ever heard of her, then then after doing some minor research and finding more music I became absolutely addicted. For the average American, listening to French Pop may be awkward and they may never give her a real chance.. Now that video is the persuading argument. Lol. It's the attention grabber. ;)

And that's what I love about her... she's naturally beautiful and sexy, she doesn't need to loose the clothes to be sexy like most American artists. Actually, I still think Britney Spears was hotter during her first album before she went all slutty looking. [off topic]

Cooney
12-07-2006, 08:28 PM
I've never been embarrassed about it, but then again, I've very rarely cared what other people think of my tastes in anything. I know I've certainly surprised several people (I had one guy show me an add for a rock concert the other night, and was amazed when I told him I listen to French pop, not recent rock). I pretty much listen to whatever I like at a given time, which can be a blend of everything from classical opera to bubblegum to alternative to thrash metal. I've got Alizée dominating everything right now, and I kinda like it :-)

neoteny
12-07-2006, 08:34 PM
i dont feel embarrassed at all...in fact, i think i might blast Alizee tonight at work with my little radio

I <3 Zombies
12-07-2006, 10:20 PM
I have the same sort of deal as lobowolf, finding Jen Ai Marre, and then doing some research for more music. But no, I have never been any sort of ashamed in listening to Alizée. From my friends my Zune and Windows Media Player have been nicknamed "The Chick Experience" due to all my *ahem* chick music, even though most of my freinds do also like Alizée, which is great!

MaiFromSanFrancisco
12-07-2006, 10:48 PM
Around here in the bay area of california, all the high school kids listen to rap, justin timberlake stuff, and r & b...

I usually listen to rap and r&b .. and alizee's music is totally different, and i am not ashamed nor embaressed. I even tell my friends to listen to her music thru my ipod.

Spartan500
12-07-2006, 11:48 PM
I'm not embarrassed by anything i do or listen to because i figure that after high school i will hardly see the kids from my school and if i do it will most likely only be for a few minutes

rwd716
12-07-2006, 11:54 PM
Lol, I was just about to say, "O snap, your from the bay area? I got some friends there!" Then I realized how dumb I was beacause it's pretty obvious ur from the bay area :o

Spartan500
12-08-2006, 12:02 AM
LOL thanks for the quick laugh rwd716

spysmasher
12-08-2006, 12:20 AM
Well, before I discovered Alizée, I was really into Hindi music (which I still like, btw), so people who know me realize that I listen to "weird" (i.e. not English :rolleyes: ) music. Consequently, to some folks French pop is just "more of that weird stuff" that I listen to.

There is another "weirdness angle" for me, though. Because of my age, some people might think it's weird that I listen to such a young pop singer, regardless of the language. But age is not an issue for me as far as listening to music goes: I listen to young singers, old singers, and everything in between. If they're making good music, I wanna listen to it!

NANAKI
12-08-2006, 12:30 AM
Yeah I have felt embarrrassed at times only because I listen to metal and rock mostly so French pop not even close.

newalizeefan
12-08-2006, 01:37 AM
although now i love the french language...and the french culture, french food, france, french movies, french music (only alizee). with the exception that i have pascal obispos "l'important c'est d'aimer" on my ipod since i couldnt find the alizee one.

Senshi87
12-08-2006, 03:56 AM
nope im not embarassed at all :)
when friends ask me "hey louis, what you listening to?"
i answer french pop, shes a great singer called Alizée! =)

atra201
12-08-2006, 04:27 AM
i have never felt wierd i just feel sad that i don't speak french.

CFHollister
12-08-2006, 05:26 AM
I've never felt weird about listening to Alizee. Being so utterly captivated by a person I've never actually met... now that makes me feel a bit weird now and again. But hey, I can live with that. And after all it is Alizee; she's special.

aditya8617
12-08-2006, 06:06 AM
I just don't like anyone knowing what I am listening to. But I have no hesitation in saying that Alizee is my fav singer.

SupaKrupa
12-08-2006, 11:00 AM
Omg I finally found you all! As my first post, I don't think I could have found a more suitable thread to post in. I read the first few comments and decided I was going to quote and say how I feel the exact same way or I agree but as I keep reading the comments, there's just too much that I agree with! haha

I only discovered Alizee a few days ago (through J'en ai marre of course) and I've already amassed a few gigs of her videos + I've lost so many hours of sleep (It's 3am here...) It's crazy...

As with friends... I've got kind of critical yet in a joking way type friends so if I were to tell them that I listen to French Pop as opposed to the rock as well... I dunno how it would turn out haha. I think they'd all laugh at me but hey, like a lot of you, I'd show em JAM and puff! it all goes away.

P.S - I love this site so much...

Edit: Forgot to answer the question! When I'm listening to it, I don't feel anything. But when I really think about it; the fact that I'm listening to something I don't understand, I do realise that to someone like me, it would be considered weird.

maareek
12-08-2006, 11:25 AM
Embarassed? Hardly. Weird? Sure. But I want to feel kinda weird when I listen to music. I look at music as a way for a person to express one's self and give it to another person in the hope it may help them grow/learn/survive. Granted I don't think all musicians look at it this way, but I think in all music you can find something of this involved if you look hard enough. Basically I look at music as a way to take someone else's experience and feelings and apply that to me. From what I've seen around me I've got a unique view...but it makes sense to me.

So, to make some sense out of this digression, I don't feel embarassed about anything I listen to because it means something to me. Whether it's a fleeting get away from reality (the majority of popular music in the USA for me) or something deeply meaningful and moving (Tool...almost singularly for me at thist point), it means something and there's nothing to be embarassed about.

jeroh
12-08-2006, 12:45 PM
lol..my friends hate me when i put alizee songs in the car or start to dance some song of her like j'en ai marre or J.B.G... (i'm not gay)..but is very funny their reactions...
AND I FEEL 2 TIMES MORE MAN THAN THEM cuz if they say me something... i can punch them:cool:
and for other side...my parents laugh of me jokes when i dance in the house or sing jelling
u can't feel u Embarasse , for that.. its only the music that u like it..
and i prefer sing songs of a beautifull girl than music singing by guys

Seapaddler
12-08-2006, 01:49 PM
Not me, when people are in my car they listen to Alizée whether they like it or not :D I have nothing to hide.

cane17
12-08-2006, 02:24 PM
Nah i dont feel werid listen to Alizée everywhere i go,heck i try to sing in the car and sometimes at work but if someone make fun of me or her,i just say shes better then everyone here in the states.:p

Matrix
12-08-2006, 03:40 PM
Depends on the song I am playing whether or not I roll up my car windows in traffic or not, lol :)

For instance these songs are my roll- down window songs of Alizée when I am in traffic here in Las Vegas:

1. A contre courant
2. C'est trop tard
3. Mon Maquis
4. Hey Amigo
5. Toc de Mac
6. Veni vedi vici

The rest of her songs which I love.. I love em all.. but I just cannot play em in public and have other people know I am listening to em for fear of people thinking I am a girly man... hahahaha but it's true lol :)

Urb4n
12-08-2006, 04:30 PM
I can't say I feel weird. Honestly, I listen to the biggest variety of music of any of the people that I know. I think that alot of people only listen to a few types of music because it fits the norm. Guys like to listen to alot of rap, rock, and hip-hop because its "guy" music persay. That's just me though. So, no, I don't feel strange listening to it.

Sir Wood
12-08-2006, 08:31 PM
Maybe at the beginning but no more and don't care what people think. Cause just like everyone as an a-ho, everyone has an opinion. So to each their own.

But I do try to keep my "attempts" at singing the french music to myself. LOL.

Geech
12-08-2006, 10:29 PM
Yeah, I'm not one to listen to French pop at all but damn alizee just has something about her. As feeling weird, I dunno about that. I'm pretty out going, not to many things I can do that my friends or people I know would not expect. :)

Señor Villa
12-09-2006, 03:13 AM
I never feel weird listening to Alizée.

JCC
12-09-2006, 06:11 PM
I've actually known about Alizee for quite awhile from Playing World of Warcraft. The dance she does near the end of the "Jen" song was used for one of the female Night Elf characters. Apparently one of the game devs noticed her. Most of the people i know who play WoW know about Alizee, also....so she's WELL known.

personally, i love her music! I pretty much like all types of music, so it was no problem for me. Some of my friends love her stuff, too...others do a 'wtf' :eek: when they hear me play her CD in my car. Hilarious! :D

atra201
08-04-2007, 03:12 PM
I've never felt embarrased to listen to Alizee in fact i feel happy.

SwedishFan
08-04-2007, 03:37 PM
I share your opinion atra 201,why should you be embarassed,if your friends think it silly then that´s their problem,not yours.Be proud of it instead.My friends just had to accept it,we were 6 guys who drove up to Norway,when it was my turn to drive natrually i played Alizée on the stereo,most of the guys kinda raised their eyebrows and wondered ´´what´s this´´.So i explained who she is and why i like her.I even played the En Consert DVD on the portable DVD player,first came the eyebrow thing again,but then they all just sat still and enjoyed it.I´m not embarassed one bit,but that´s just me!!!!!!!!

Duncan
08-04-2007, 03:48 PM
no, i dont feel odd listening to her, i would feel a bit odd telling my friends that i listen to a french singer when usually my ipod has rock on it. they will probably catch me listening to her at school sometime, but until then, idk why they would need to know.

Chommpers
08-04-2007, 04:48 PM
no, i dont feel odd listening to her, i would feel a bit odd telling my friends that i listen to a french singer when usually my ipod has rock on it. they will probably catch me listening to her at school sometime, but until then, idk why they would need to know.

About the same for me too for awhile lol. Although now my brothers and my dad know I listen to her and a few of my friends. I was pretty embarassed when they first figured out. My friend was at my house the same time and my brothers seen I was watching her again because they had know for awhile that I did. This time though they decided to bring it up and let my dad and friend who was there know. After a little explaining they were ok I think because we all listen to foreign music well except for my friend. I showed them JEAM and well he still teased me a little, but he didnt make a big deal about it because he knows I listen to a lot of foreign music. Well now that they know I can listen to Alizee pretty much anytime I want and they don't seem to mind. Maybe they will eventually listen to her since they see me listening to her all the time and find out they love her music too or just think im weird lol. Either way they could never make me stop I love her too much. ;)

Steven0022
08-04-2007, 05:22 PM
Haha, I go around town with the windows down in my car blaring Alizée. Even some of the gangsters in town dance to the beat as I drive by now.(Most songs have great base) My sister thought I was wierd until I made her listen to Alizée and now she loves her as much as I do. I had to copy my CD's for her lol. We are both very excited for the new album and I can't wait to go and blare it out in public for everyone to hear!!!

Edcognito
08-04-2007, 05:24 PM

Please check this thread out - I started it when i first got here -

http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthread.php?t=1428

This is what it was like for me . . . .

Ed:cool:

Hylas1896
08-04-2007, 08:48 PM
No one should have to feel weird for enjoying something feminine like Alizée's music, as if one, two, or many things are sufficient to define a whole person. Besides, the history of rock and pop is riddled with examples of men and women 'being bold' and ruffling feathers by breaching gender norms: hair length, earrings, clothes, vocal style, etc... So on that count I don't think any music person can rile someone masculine for merely listening to something feminine.

I personally appreciate that I can enjoy Alizée and Metallica and the soundtrack to Dances With Wolves, and so on... These contrasts make the music all the more powerful.

Hylas

Deepwaters
08-04-2007, 09:04 PM
I am weird. So what do I care? :p

OGRE
08-04-2007, 09:09 PM
Feel Weird?

Listening to a beautiful woman sing beautiful songs in a beautiful voice. Me thinks one would be weird not to.

Chommpers
08-04-2007, 09:33 PM
Feel Weird?

Listening to a beautiful woman sing beautiful songs in a beautiful voice. Me thinks one would be weird not to.

Well that is true. I don't think you should feel weird listening to her, but my friends do think I am weird for listening to her (well some of them do anyway).

I just told my best friend a hour ago on a instant messanger I was reading a Alizee forum after he asked what I was doing and he said whats that a game? LOL I said no its a girl from france she is a singer. Instantly he says GAY. Then I told him to look her up and he found a pic of hers asked me if it was her I confirmed and he said WOW. Then I sent sent him the La Isla Bonita video (started with her english stuff first). I also asked how is it gay to listen to such a pretty girl with a beautiful voice? He says I don't know I guess it aint. He quite liked her looks but still thinks me listening to Lili's music is a bit weird. Then I sent him the Moi lolita and JEAM video. He didn't mind watching them to much plus he said she is just so beautiful. I think I might be able to turn him into a Alizée fan. What do you all think?

RadioactiveMan
08-04-2007, 09:50 PM
I am weird. So what do I care? :p

Yeah, someone who still wets the bed has bigger things to worry about than listening to Alizée.

Deepwaters
08-04-2007, 09:53 PM
Yeah, someone who still wets the bed has bigger things to worry about than listening to Alizée.

That depends on who one is getting the bed wet with. ;)

RadioactiveMan
08-04-2007, 10:29 PM
That depends on who one is getting the bed wet with. ;)

Assume that it is with Nurvonic.

marik
08-04-2007, 10:32 PM
y would i feel weird listening to Alizée? its her soft and magical voice! it doesnt embarrassed me!lthough i cant understand some lyrics of her songs but i like it!

atra201
08-04-2007, 10:33 PM
that is funny :D

OGRE
08-04-2007, 10:46 PM
I think I might be able to turn him into a Alizée fan. What do you all think?

Sounds like he's already become one.

nurvonic
08-04-2007, 10:47 PM
Assume that it is with Nurvonic.

whoa whoa whoa, keep your gay fantasies to yourself.

espire
08-04-2007, 11:00 PM
I don't feel weird at all listening to Lili. In fact, I feel proud that I'm not falling for the usual North American garbage that gets to the top like 50 Cent and Avril Lavigne (She does have a French name, though :p). While at the same time, Justin Timberlake goes off wasting his amazing talent by singing about bringing sexy back...

Chommpers
08-04-2007, 11:03 PM
Sounds like he's already become one.

hmmm maybe that much exposure can usually do it for most people I would think. I'll keep him around it until hes a fantic like me then we will turn my whole group of friends and family into fantics woot woot. Just kiding, or am I?

nurvonic
08-04-2007, 11:09 PM
I don't feel weird at all listening to Lili. In fact, I feel proud that I'm not falling for the usual North American garbage that gets to the top like 50 Cent and Avril Lavigne (She does have a French name, though :p). While at the same time, Justin Timberlake goes off wasting his amazing talent by singing about bringing sexy back...

thats why i listen to north american rock music. 50 cent and avril lavigne are not very good examples of amazing music you can hear everyday. especially justin timberlake. however, i did like d*ck in a box.

edit: radio, im not implying that i would like a d*ck in a box, im talking about the song. plz no more gay jokes.

RadioactiveMan
08-05-2007, 12:44 AM
With all of this negativity towards gay jokes, I'll have to get new material.

Rev
08-05-2007, 01:50 AM
With all of this negativity towards gay jokes, I'll have to get new material.

Good idea.

spaceli0n
08-05-2007, 05:29 AM

i feel exactly like u do about her to a pin point.

garçoncanadien
08-05-2007, 08:37 AM
Gentlemen, how weird can you possibly be if you are admiring the most desirable woman on the planet? ;)

espire
08-05-2007, 10:08 AM
Gentlemen, how weird can you possibly be if you are admiring the most desirable woman on the planet? ;)

garçoncanadien, is "on the planet" to say that Alizée is not more desirable than Venus, the essence of beauty and desire?

'cause she is :wub: .

garçoncanadien
08-05-2007, 10:48 AM
u understand that Venus is an uninhabitable oven, with a CO2 atmosphere, with temperatures that can melt lead? :p

Uméesha
08-05-2007, 11:30 AM
espire speaks desire that admire garco!

JCC
08-05-2007, 11:51 AM
espire speaks desire that admire garco!

Um...huh?..didn't understand a thing u just said :confused::blink:

garçoncanadien
08-05-2007, 11:57 AM
look back 1 page at my posts JCC ;)

Uméesha
08-05-2007, 12:13 PM
look back 1 page at my posts JCC ;)

your right garco hey JCC take a look back 1 page:rolleyes:

OGRE
08-05-2007, 12:31 PM
Venus is an uninhabitable oven

But not as hot as Alizée.

with a CO2 atmosphere

Like every breath of Alizée.

with temperatures that can melt lead?

Venus may melt lead, but Alizée melts hearts.

JCC
08-05-2007, 02:08 PM
your right garco hey JCC take a look back 1 page:rolleyes:

UM, i did!! I know what this thread is about. I have a post on this thread way back on page 4.
I don't understand what YOU are saying on my last post.
Forget it :eek:

mal
08-05-2007, 08:22 PM
Dont be embarassed by what you like. What you like makes up who you are. No excuses for who you are.

Tye
08-05-2007, 09:28 PM
I don't like for people to know any of my musical tastes except for people I don't know in person. It isn't because I am embarrssed, but because I like to have something that is private. I am a private person. I have to trust someone and know they are a good person before I open up about myself.

As far as how I feel about listening to Lili: it doesn't bother me, because I listen to all kinds of music, and I don't listen to music based on the words, but how it makes you feel. What kind of emotion it carries. I choose my music based on the sound of the singers voice. The emotion is in the voice.

Not understanding the lyrics helps me , because without understanding the words I can hear the actual sound of the words and their rythm with the music, and the emotion without being distracted by what the singer is saying. I can hear the true emotion.

Plus, I am an artistic person. I like anything that has beauty, and makes you feel emotional. Naturally Lili's voice is what I first fell in love with, and that with her beautiful personality and looks just captivates me. I love listening to her music, and don't really feel weird about it.

B_M_E
08-05-2007, 11:19 PM
As far as French music goes, then no I don't feel weird listening to french music since I'm French and I've been listening to it my entire life. Alizée is a different story though. I've always been a hip hop head and still am today although I do listen to other types of music as well but not nearly as much as rap. Even back then when I still lived in Marseille, back then soccer and French rap (Rap from Marseille of course) were pretty much what people there cared about the most. However, French pop was introduced to me by this french girl I dated back when i was like 10 years old, she introduced me to Mylene, Patrick Bruel, Vanessa Paradis, Telephone etc so ever since then I've started listening to french pop as well. That is how I was able to appreciate Alizée's song think, especially since her lyrics were written by Mylene and I've been a Mylene fan for quite a while now. Before I only listened to the singles they played on the radio and I really liked them, didn't give her albums a try til recently though , and honestly I have never felt weird listening to Alizée, at least when in France. The states is a different story though, since people here aren't really familiar with French music so it was kinda weird at first. My friends here though didn't make fun of me or anything when they looked through my ipod and listened to Alizée's songs, I think they thought that I am French so I must listen to French music so they kinda understood the situation. And to my surprise three of my friends are now addicted to her as well :) and I can't really blame them, French pop is totally different from American pop, French pop is of better quality. So yea i don't know if I went off topic or not but yea, I wouldn't be the least ashamed for listening to Alizée, at all. It is just like how my friends describe me, a hip hop / french pop rock head :) Now, the only french pop artist that I would be ashamed of if caught listening to her would be Lorie ... not that I listen to her of course :) so bottom line, whether it is Mylene, Alizée, Zazie, Superbus or whatever I think there shouldn't be a shame in listening to beautiful music.

espire
08-05-2007, 11:38 PM
so bottom line, whether it is Mylene, Alizée, Zazie, Superbus or whatever I think there shouldn't be a shame in listening to beautiful music.

I couldn't say it better myself. Except for the living in France stuff, 'cause that would be a lie.

spaceli0n
08-06-2007, 03:56 AM
i swear mylene or alizee must be an evil sorceross cuz it's like a spell that has a hold over me that wont let go,sumthing is just so different about alizee tha captivates me on a daily basis.

rcs
08-06-2007, 06:56 AM
And what a wonderful spell it is...:D

It's only weird that Alizee is such a far cry from the punk music I grew up with. I see myself more mature and open to listen to all types, and now, all countries if it's good...:cool:

wasabi622
06-06-2010, 07:31 PM
Can't believe this thread died down!

At first, when I starting blasting Alizée in my car, it was.. kind of self-awkward.
I mean, the summer before I had been Akoning and T-Paining away. And to do a 360 and start blasting French chick music?

It definitely was odd at first. Though now, I can't imagine it any other way. :p

Människöpesten
06-07-2010, 01:10 AM
yes. yes i do. it's weird to go from Cannibal Corpse to Alizée. but that's only when people are around.

Merci Alizée
06-07-2010, 03:32 AM
Well, now I have listened to her songs so many times that it doesn't seems to be weird. I use earphones while listening them. So, sometimes when I play the songs in the speaker and go out of room, it does seems weird. I feel like some unknown kind of thing has entered my room. This becomes even more stronger when other people living at the university hostel cross my lobby and they are surprised to hear strange songs. :D

sumi1
06-07-2010, 09:28 AM
This becomes even more stronger when other people living at the university hostel cross my lobby and they are surprised to hear strange songs.
LOL, same thing happened with my room mates. But now they are used to it :)

AlizéeInspired
06-07-2010, 12:43 PM
I think its more weird for others with me than for me when listening to her. At first I admit it was a little different when listening to her with some others but I was mostly just excited to show who ever was with me her beautiful music. Some laugh, some give me that awkward silence with a "you serious?" look, and a few have actually kinda appreciated her music. But no matter what their reaction is, when I tell them "I have this chick's autograph :D:wub:" they respond with a "Seriously? No way! Thats pretty cool."

As I generally blast metal or rock, it is a big difference when I play Alizée but I enjoy it and thats all that matters. I've gotten over that initial stage where playing Alizée around others is awkward so its the others who will have to adjust to my music. Plus I'll be blasting Alizée even more as I'm about to get my Psychédélices CD this week :D

Jurre
06-07-2010, 01:44 PM
Nah. I'm used to weirder combinations :rolleyes:

VVVACCPLPNLY
06-09-2010, 10:28 PM
Hmm... As an avid Three Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, Disturbed, Linkin Park, Atreyu, and Nckelback listener, I originally found myself feeling awkward when watching Alizée's vids back at Chesterfield's library. I would look over my shoulder, to make sure nobody was watching. Especially if watching Gourmandises or Mademoiselle Juliette music video, or JEAM live. I love rock, and have known of LaFee, a German rock singer whose music I like a lot, for 2 years. But she never made me feel the way Alizée ever has. Her music is much more my style, yet I still listen to Alizée far more. I never watch vids any more, except ACC Dans La Lumière, so it isn't the looks, the dancing, or even her personality in interviews. I just really love her music that much more. But now, I am completely open with her. I post her stuff to fb all the time. She has also allowed me to be honest about begining to like SNSD. And for those that are worried people think they are gay, I say screw it. Who cares?

Edit:

If liking the most amazing voice on earth is gay, than I guess I am a raging flamer! It baffles me that people are so worried about being seen as straight. If the person beside me on the bus, whom I will never speak to thinks I am gay, they can go right ahead. Or if they think I am bizzarre, mentaly unstable, whatever. To me, Alizée is too perfect to hide. And let's say you lived in Boston, and heard one of her commercials come on. Would you be able to contain your excitement? More importantly, would you care to? If I were standing up somewhere, and her commercial, or her songs, came on, I would literally be jumping up and down screaming 'It's Alizée!' repeatedly. Same for any foreign artist I like, from LaFee, to SNSD, to Melissa Mars, to Mylène Farmer, to Yelle, to Vegastar. And many more.

wasabi622
06-09-2010, 10:40 PM
To be blunt, when watching her Gourmandises era performances, I did feel like slight creeper/pedophile. Being 19 and all and her only being 16. Though obviously, she is actually older than me.

ZshocksZ
06-11-2010, 01:26 AM
i do feel kinda weird listening to alizee when im at practice or at school because everyone else i know all listen to rap and rock. i only listen to alizee or music from like the 40's. i really only listen to alizee with my earphones in.

VVVACCPLPNLY
06-11-2010, 08:12 AM
Eh, you guys blow...:p Be proud of your fanhood! Tell the truth! Shout ít from the rooftops! Or better yet, get giant endangered albino gorillas, put mind control helmets on them, and have them shout '[Your name here] LOVES ALIZÉE!' all hours of the day and night! Incidentally, that would be great promotion... Hmm...

ZshocksZ
06-12-2010, 04:51 AM
Eh, you guys blow...:p Be proud of your fanhood! Tell the truth! Shout ít from the rooftops! Or better yet, get giant endangered albino gorillas, put mind control helmets on them, and have them shout '[Your name here] LOVES ALIZÉE!' all hours of the day and night! Incidentally, that would be great promotion... Hmm...

giant albino gorillas?

VVVACCPLPNLY
06-12-2010, 08:45 AM
Guess you guys don't watch Futurama?

wasabi622
06-12-2010, 11:41 PM
Abracadabra is the one that draws the most questions for me. Most likely due to them cat sounds. :p