PDA

View Full Version : Do you think your admiration for Alizee will ever fade?

mando
07-04-2006, 06:59 PM
If Alizee releases her third album and then decides that she will retire from the music business, do you think you will lose interest in her and eventually stop listening to her songs, watching her videos, and visiting fan sites? I brought this up because i start to think about the girls (including celebrities) i had a crush on 3-4 years ago and how i don't feel any attraction for them any more. Or the music i used to listen to 4 years ago and now i can't stand it.

I do feel that Alizee is different because her looks and music have impacted me in a whole different way than any other girl or music act and I'm sure i will continue to keep tabs on her even after the craze is over.

cybersoil
07-04-2006, 07:50 PM
Yes and no. The actual feeling of "Love" in the human body is made up of a chemical reaction. About a month ago I saw a story on CNN that said that the "Deep in Love" chemically produced feeling will only last for about a year and then will fade. I was so love sick for Alizee for about 13 months that I would have done anything for her, but like CNN said the chemical feeling of love has started fading.

It's been about 16 months now for me and I'm still a recovering Alizee adict and am sort of glad that my "Love" feeling for Alizee is still fading. I couldn't do anything, go anywhere or talk to anyone without thinking about her, constantly. She was all that was important to me. Believe me, it was torture. I wouldn't wish that upon my worst enemy. Well... maybe Osama.

I do know that although the (Madly in love) feeling is fading I will always have a great love for Alizee. I for one would like to keep tabs on her, to see what she's doing, see how she grows, what eventually happens in her life. After all, I've never, ever had a woman effect my life such as Alizee has and know that it will probably never happen again. She is truely unique. I just wish that I could have kissed her on the cheeks, upper or lower pair.

-Cybersoil

RadioactiveMan
07-04-2006, 07:56 PM
I've worshipped Radioactive Man for a few years so I don't see why I can't do the same for Alizee. Then again, maybe I wont like Radioactive Man so much later on either. That'll be a sad day.
Edit: You guys wrote novels and all that I could come up with was a dinky little three sentences. For shame, RadioactiveMan. For shame.

Shep
07-04-2006, 09:00 PM
I'm going to be honest with you. I'm not in love with her. I respect her ALOT and immensely enjoy her music. That's not to say I wouldn't want to be in love with her one day, but that's probably not going to happen so, I'm trying to make sure I don't go through all the angst now.

Brianh
07-04-2006, 11:58 PM
Well it's hard to say really, I love her music, her style, her personality everything about her. Only time will tell if all these feeling will fade, can you really say you love somebody without knowing them? I suppose you could! All I know is I will enjoy what I'm feeling now, I will enjoying watching her videos, listening to her music and watching her silly expressions on her faces when she does an interview because only time will tell how long it will last.

scameter
07-05-2006, 02:38 AM
I think that mine will fade. Indeed, it already is. But, only so long as I don't purposely think about her. As soon as I do, the feelings return. It is indeed torture, as cybersoil said, and I am hoping it will soon fade entirely; although I think my admiration for her, at least as an artist, will never fade.

By the way cybersoil, if you're interested in the science behind our feelings towards Alizee, check out this interesting article, the qualities it lists affiliate almost entirely to the feelings I feel for her: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limerence

cybersoil
07-05-2006, 03:38 AM
Yeah, that's about it. But a while back I was on Limerence X (times) 10.

Yes, I know that one can be in love with someone without really meeting them, although I feel like I know Alizee. I've seen her everyday (on my computer screen) for the last 16 months, read all the articles that I could about her, listen to her music constantly, watch some of her videos almost daily, even spent almost $10,000 going to Paris last summer (blew most of on 2 French girls) and was once-in-a-lifetime lucky enough to have had a quick introduction. After all, Alizee had a "Love at first sight" experience herself when she met Jeremy. That lucky dog!

- Cybersoil

scameter
07-05-2006, 05:46 AM
He's extremely lucky.

cybersoil
07-05-2006, 06:31 AM
Nothing ever truer could be spoken. I still say, "Let's get him to a bridge... quickly!"

- Cybersoil

RadioactiveMan
07-05-2006, 06:38 AM
I could see that. Someone would walk near him and distract him by pointing out a fish in the water. The rest of us would run up behind him wearing black balaclavas and hoist him up and over the edge.

This makes me think. If I'm ever famous, I'll make sure to read anything and everything about me on the internet so that I'll be up to date on all of the latest conspiracies against me. I know what you're thinking. "If you're famous? Don't you mean when?"

Shep
07-05-2006, 06:39 AM
Nothing ever truer could be spoken. I still say, "Let's get him to a bridge... quickly!"

- Cybersoil

As much as I'd like to think I'd be against it, I'd probably be willing to drive you to the bridge.

cybersoil
07-05-2006, 06:45 AM
Hey, Jeremy... what's that down there... in the water? Then look a little closer... SPLASH!!!

- Cybersoil

Spartan500
07-05-2006, 01:06 PM
wait everyone must really like this idea because its on another thread. lol

Kamakzie
07-05-2006, 01:22 PM
I'm quite struck with her right now but not sure if I can say if it will last or not. I felt the same way several years ago about Billie Piper but that kind of faded but now I see her again on the new Doctor Who.

cybersoil
07-05-2006, 05:38 PM
In a way, Billie Piper is partially responsible for me discovering Alizee. The very first video that I downloaded was taken from the "Brit Awards 99" and it was an Abba Tribute. The singers in the tribute included Tina Cousins, Cleopatra, The Steps, Bewitched, and Billie Piper. Although the video wasn't ripped very well (it was somewhat blurry) the tribute was so well done that it convinced me to see what other good videos were out there. Then, by absolute chance, I stumbled upon a pretty and sexy French girl dressed in a black seductive costume while singing a catchy tune.

Since March of 2005, I've been downloading many, many music videos and have filled up a 300Gb drive with them. Many are live performances or concerts. Alizee is, of course, my favorite and I have lots and lots of her videos but am always looking to upgrade the technical quality of some of them. Every once in a while I find a newer, sharper, crisper version of a video and add it to my collection.

Again, thanks to Billie Piper and others I found Alizee.

- Cybersoil

rcs
07-05-2006, 08:50 PM
If it takes 13 to 16 months for Alizee to fade from our minds, then my nephew, friends, and I have a long way to go. We're just now buying her CDs and DVD. I can't get any work done and lucky for my nephew school is not in session yet.

mando
07-05-2006, 09:05 PM
It's been about 16 months now for me and I'm still a recovering Alizee adict and am sort of glad that my "Love" feeling for Alizee is still fading. I couldn't do anything, go anywhere or talk to anyone without thinking about her, constantly. She was all that was important to me. Believe me, it was torture. I wouldn't wish that upon my worst enemy. Well... maybe Osama.

Man i know the feeling and it sucks. going to places and feeling sad/depressed because you are away from your computer. This is why I'm trying very hard to put a limit on how much i am exposed to Alizee. I stay away from her videos and listen to her music as if it were just another item on my playlist.

rcs
07-05-2006, 09:11 PM
Mando,

Do you recommend playing CDs in the car?

mando
07-05-2006, 09:16 PM
Mando,

Sure, listening to her music in the car is fine. I would just try to limit myself and listen to other bands/artists too not just Alizee.

cybersoil
07-05-2006, 11:57 PM
RCS:
If it takes 13 to 16 months for Alizee to fade from our minds, then my nephew, friends, and I have a long way to go. We're just now buying her CDs and DVD. I can't get any work done and lucky for my nephew school is not in session yet.

Also

----------------------------------------
Oh.... she's not gone yet, not by any stretch of the imagination and will never be totally gone. But the broken hearted feelings are slowing fading away. There eventually comes a time when reality sets in and you know that you'll never be able to marry her. But that time, for me at least, took a long, long, long time.

Hey, now there's an idea... pepper the Afgan hills with Alizee videos. Eventually Osama will find and watch some. When he comes crawling out of his hole begging, crying, and expressing his undying love for Alizee we'll nuke his Ass! I've always told my friends that Alizee is France's secret weapon, they (France) just didn't know it.

Why not play her CDs in the car. It's Summer!!! and I love driving around in the sun with Alizee blaring on my car stereo! It's Grrrreat! It also puts me in a good mood because no one else has it; She's all mine for the drive.

Also, I was very surprised that Tibo and Charles (the two young French guys visiting the US this summer) love "Moi... Lolita." Although I've burned a lot of fantastic French pop music to my CDs they always request "Moi...Lolita" when we go driving. They even sing along! All three of us go galavanting down the road singing with Alizee at the top of our lungs. The neighbors must think we're crazy, but we love it!!!!!

- Cybersoil

Kamakzie
07-06-2006, 12:07 AM
RCS:

Hey, now there's an idea... pepper the Afgan hills with Alizee videos. Eventually Osama will find and watch some. When he comes crawling out of his hole begging, crying, and expressing his undying love for Alizee we'll nuke his Ass! I've always told my friends that Alizee is France's secret weapon, they (France) just didn't know it.

HAHA! The Alizee WMD! Its a small compact nuclear weapon. It gives you a warm sensation followed by a REALLY hot sensation! :D

Matrix
07-06-2006, 02:32 AM
No, it wont ever fade. I'm a fan for life, her music is timeless. I'm faithful to Alizee forever!

cybersoil
07-06-2006, 02:56 AM
Moi aussi... Alizee toujours!

- Cybersoil

scameter
07-07-2006, 03:09 AM
Indeed matrix, I share your enthusiasm. :)

Bob
08-12-2006, 04:31 AM
my answer is a solid NO lol

Bob
08-12-2006, 04:31 AM
HAHA! The Alizee WMD! Its a small compact nuclear weapon. It gives you a warm sensation followed by a REALLY hot sensation! :D
i am rofl from this comment

aditya8617
08-12-2006, 07:02 AM
Can't even imagine a day without watching her!

Bob
08-12-2006, 02:08 PM
Can't even imagine a day without watching her!

haha i cant imagine half a day without watching her...yay for video ipods:D

Kenneth
08-12-2006, 03:24 PM
No it will never fade. I can say that with certanity. Not in the sense that I would outgrow her or move on to something else. Of course sometimes the wind of Alizee blows with the force of 1000 kph. Other times it's like a faint breeze that caresses the cheek.:)

Bob
08-13-2006, 02:13 PM
i really dont want it to fade... but my gf does =)

atra201
11-12-2006, 11:40 AM
not in a million years

Amelie
11-12-2006, 01:12 PM
omg, of course, no, her music..is special and Alizee is special, i could never forget about her or her music, or get bored about her!

NANAKI
11-12-2006, 01:37 PM
never it will never dgo away like its like certain dieseases that once you get can't get rid of, but this is a good disease.

Edcognito
11-12-2006, 08:27 PM
When i was 13, a friend of mine (literally) came running into my house, grabbed me by the arm, and dragged me to his house (where his father had a HUUUUUGGGEE reel-to-reel set up). He then played for me a band like no other i had heard befor. I still listen to that band even though there was a time when there were years in between albums (am i the only one who remembers albums? probably not, but then . . . . )

In 1976, Boston first broke on the music scene. I'm hoping that I'll be listening to Alizee 32 years from now.....

I have ordered her CD's, and i'm trying to get my wife to buy me the "En Concert" DVD (but i'll probably break and order it before Christmas anyway...)

Cooney
11-12-2006, 08:39 PM
It depends. She will always hold a place in my heart, and she has definitely impacted my life (I've adjusted certain priorites, committed myself to re-learning a foreign language, which hopefully I'll become fluent enough in not to forget). Never will I be without respect and admiration for her.

As for stopping visiting fan sites and thinking about her every day, that would likely fade were she to announce she were retired from music. It simply is not practical or healthy to maintain an obsession about something, knowing it will never happen, and it would be necessary to make myself move on, however much I didn't want to. I would go through a lengthy period of being furious with myself for not finding out about her in time to go to France to see her perform live, but eventually, I'm sure it would pass.

Hopefully though, she won't retire forever, and we can look forward to her presence and music for years to come!

zemasterzzz
11-12-2006, 09:24 PM
Well I'd like to believe I'll never lose faith but in reality I probably will. I mean I love her music and the unbelievable combination of beauty and cuteness found only in Alizee. However, as I know very little french I always kinda feel alienated when people talk about anything in France (though I wish I could visit there again sometime). And because I'm terriblely shy and cautious whenever I think of Alizee I also feel that nobody even half as nice or beautiful would like or even just chill with me.

Well That may sound very emo....

On the brightside at 16 alot of things can change between now and w/e I die. Maybe I won't always be so shy, conservative, lazy, or the follower/dude who nobody ever really notices.

RMJ
11-12-2006, 09:26 PM
I don't see any reason why it would fade.

zemasterzzz
11-12-2006, 09:42 PM
I don't see any reason why it would fade.

Well I guess I read the question wrong. My admiration probably won't fade but how often I listen to her music or think of Alizee probably will.

Edcognito
11-12-2006, 11:13 PM
<snippage just for brevity>

On the brightside at 16 alot of things can change between now and w/e I die. Maybe I won't always be so shy, conservative, lazy, or the follower/dude who nobody ever really notices.

<sigh> - You don't have ANY idea how much things will change in your life!:D

I can only say that when your ready to be other than as you described yourself - you will do something about it... I used to be pretty much as you describe yourself - just remember one thing for me - at 16 you havn't seen much of the world yet - keep that in mind - There is always room for you somewhere - you just have to find it... And you can.

Be cool man! :cool:

rwd716
11-12-2006, 11:47 PM
No, my admiration won't fade...unless she does something really crazy.

Lili broke me out of the lazy trance that I was in. She inspired me to start taking piano lessons again, begin learning French, and finish college. I was soo lazy before, not to say that I'm not anymore :D , but she opened my eyes. So, no, my admiration for her will not wane.

Senshi87
11-13-2006, 01:55 AM
i say no it wont fade, but i do expect future albums to be different :)

zemasterzzz
11-13-2006, 06:28 PM
<sigh> - You don't have ANY idea how much things will change in your life!:D

I can only say that when your ready to be other than as you described yourself - you will do something about it... I used to be pretty much as you describe yourself - just remember one thing for me - at 16 you havn't seen much of the world yet - keep that in mind - There is always room for you somewhere - you just have to find it... And you can.

Be cool man! :cool:

I'll keep that in mind :)

riva2model64
11-13-2006, 09:51 PM
I'll be listening to Alizée music for the rest of my life, even when I'm 80 yrs. old and the new generation of kids think I crzy. .

the impact she made on my life is so great that I shall always remember her

LiliFan788
11-13-2006, 10:32 PM
Not a chance.

MaiFromSanFrancisco
11-13-2006, 11:29 PM
to be honest i really dont like the love feeling. Becuz i know Alizee as something that i will never be able to have. And im glad chemical changes are working inside me :) becuz that "love" feeling was making me mope around. i still have it though, at least it isnt so bad now

Sir Wood
11-14-2006, 03:08 AM
to be honest i really dont like the love feeling. Becuz i know Alizee as something that i will never be able to have. And im glad chemical changes are working inside me :) becuz that "love" feeling was making me mope around. i still have it though, at least it isnt so bad now

What's funny is that any diagnosis for the majority of us here would be, an accute case of: Limerence (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limerence) :p

But that's so clinical, so I prefer "Twitter-Patted." :D

newalizeefan
11-14-2006, 03:23 AM
my addiction has faded. i dont spend half my day watching her videos anymore. its more like once a week ill watch one of her videos.
BUT i still listen to her songs EVERYTIME im driving bymyself or whenever im at school and i have my iPod...so basically the only songs i listen to are Alizee's.
i still think about her but not as much as i used to, but i still do fantasize of me and her being together and all that stuff.

i know for sure when she comes back ill be going crazy. ill probably be doing my old routine of watching my 5 favorite videos....over and over and over again.
hell, even when a little bit of news/rumor is sparking the forums about her comeback, i get very excited even if its not true. i still admire her and love her im just not as obsessed as i was back in summer. but that'll soon end when she comes back.... and i cant wait to be obsessed again.

neoteny
11-15-2006, 02:34 PM
my addiction has faded. i dont spend half my day watching her videos anymore. its more like thrice a week ill watch one of her videos. yes it faded. no it hasnt. yes it has a littel bit. but not really. sorta. no its not fading yet. nope...not yet. no. it wont ever fade. but i still think about her but not as much as i used to, but i still do fantasize of me and her being alone together and all that other great stuff.

:cool:

Senshi87
11-15-2006, 06:27 PM
never!!!!!!!

vctralca
11-16-2006, 07:08 PM
I imagine myself old, still thinking about her and listening to her music, . . . she changed my life in a good way so i cant just forget her, i think ill never do

HibyPrime
11-16-2006, 07:23 PM
This may reduce your admiration (I'm sorry, but I can't resist posting it):

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/8301/020ev5.jpg

orange2289
11-16-2006, 07:32 PM
Everyone has some yellow on there teeth, have you ever seen someone with completely white teeth. I know i haven't.

Twitch
11-16-2006, 07:40 PM
That could be caused by the photographer using a gold reflector, which gives a nice warming of skin tones but can also cause yellowing of the teeth(the teeth reflect back the yellow light off the reflector so do the eyes but not as much), instead of a white or silver reflector which wont give you the warming effect on skin tones. If not a quick and easy dental procedure can whiten those teeth right up. But it is strange the studio didn't whiten the teeth digitally.
EDIT: orange2289 is right though, outside of the US, where all the celebrities seem to have their teeth bleached white, I don't think that having perfect teeth is that big of a deal. And for the record I think her slightly chipped front teeth just make her smile that much cuter.

HibyPrime
11-16-2006, 08:39 PM
outside of the US, where all the celebrities seem to have their teeth bleached white, I don't think that having perfect teeth is that big of a deal.

That about sums it up.

There seems to be an over-saturation of red on her face, so I don't think it's gold reflectors (there would be more yellow than anything else). They probably did not touch up the pic digitally because it was not used in a magazine (not sure about that).

But, yeah, nobody has perfect teeth. Shining white teeth just look fake anyway.

edit:
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/1663/picture3io8.jpg

RMJ
11-16-2006, 08:43 PM
Look at her DVD. She has no bright white teeth. And so it should be ! She's natural !

Twitch
11-16-2006, 09:42 PM
I said yellow but it is not literally yellow, hard to explain the exact colour but a reflector throws soft light on the subject removing any unwanted shadows, brightening up the subject. But a gold reflector produces as you said a warm tone, red, orange, light on that side of the spectrum. The digital effect though is not quite the same as when done in real life, like most digital effects it is only the software's best attempt to reproduce the real thing.

I won't comment on colour balance though because I know my monitor is not calibrated the same as yours so it is irrelevant because you probably are seeing the colours differently on your monitor.

But I agree about her just not having unnaturally bleached white teeth, the reflector comment was just an idea of something that can cause yellow teeth, why you should always be aware of that side effect when deciding on what colour reflector to use. Warming filters on the camera, can also cause colour shifts and unwhitening of the teeth, and might be more likely to cause a red cast than the reflector, but the white of the eyes would also have the colour cast of the teeth. What a bunch of worthless knowledge to anybody not interested in photography.

spysmasher
11-16-2006, 10:55 PM
Regardless of the color of her teeth, my admiration for Alizée has not faded, but my obsession with her has. For awhile there, I was listening to (and watching) nothing but Alizée, Alizée, Alizée, Alizée, Alizée all the time. That is no longer the case. I'm still listening to her music and watching her vids, just not as much as before ... and I'm mixing in other stuff now, too. As others have said, I'll probably revert to an all-Alizée diet when the new album comes out. But I expect that won't last forever, either. In any case, my point is that even while the frequency of my listening to/watching her may fluctuate, I don't feel like the admiration that I have for her has changed at all.

RMJ
11-16-2006, 11:01 PM
They probably did not touch up the pic digitally because it was not used in a magazine (not sure about that).

Yea, it's unprocessed stock photo.

Only scanned in and nothing done after that.

riva2model64
11-16-2006, 11:03 PM
But I expect that won't last forever, either.

what does last forever in our lives here

RMJ
11-16-2006, 11:05 PM
what does last forever in our lives here
Love to Lili.

Senshi87
11-17-2006, 03:04 AM
yellow or white teeth i dont care, its only natural to have not perfect white teeth :)

RMJ
11-17-2006, 03:26 AM
It just proves that she likes coffee and wants to be like me. Why ? Well, I have yellow teeth !

There's nothin wrong with her teeth... They are natural white. Not bright white like most celebs have, but natural. She had brightened teeth earlier like in Gourmandises video but I guess she didn't see any point to keep 'em like that. Clever girl.

aFrenchie
11-17-2006, 08:24 AM
Regardless of the color of her teeth, my admiration for Alizée has not faded
:D

Ange
11-17-2006, 09:34 AM
Yes it will fade. That's normal. For months I didn't listen to Alizee, now I listen to her everyday and I like her all over again but I am always upset that there is no news and no new album from her.

Sir Wood
11-17-2006, 07:28 PM
Look at her DVD. She has no bright white teeth. And so it should be ! She's natural !

Most Americans (IMO) are obsess with the perfect white teeth. That's just how the entertainment industry here portrays beauty.

Reminds me of that scene in "A Good Year" when... (awe, I wouldn't ruin it for folks who haven't seen it).

But I digress. Sorry.

RMJ
11-17-2006, 08:47 PM
Well, glad she isn't American !

Because she's perfect the way she is. :)

rcs
11-17-2006, 11:37 PM
Well, glad she isn't American !

Because she's perfect the way she is. :)

Agree. Alizee stay French, babe! That's what I love about you. ;)

vctralca
11-20-2006, 12:27 PM
:wub: I love your teethand i love you lili no matter what :wub: fe and e

General Patton
11-20-2006, 04:36 PM
Yea its almost gone for me. But I will still enjoy her music and I still love watching her videos but I just have been losing my obession...

Twitch
11-22-2006, 04:02 PM
This is 2 days old, it ran in the Nov 20th issue of Public, but I know a lot of people here don't browse other forums, and it hasn't shown up here yet. It should help out the skeptics who don't believe she's working on a new album. I just like the fact that Alizée has been mentioned in a couple of Publics, nothing new but her coverage in the French media is slowly starting to build again...
http://tinkalizee.free.fr/image/presse/france/2006/public11bis.jpg
Thanks to tinkalizee for the scan. :)

Nothing new in it though, just says that(pardon my mistakes): Alizée is preparing her return! This time, exit Mylène Farmer, it's to her husband Jérémy Chatelain who she confided the care of composing her album. The couple is actually in the studio... [We're] Hoping that they will be carried by some good winds! (The last line is a bit strange in English, but I assume it's playing around with the idea that Alizé is the name of the trade wind)

PS: Don't thank me, thank tink. ;)
And here's a month old article that you might like as well Digital Life magazine, Straits Times, Singapore (24/10/06) (http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/6718/alizeedlth2.jpg) It's already in English.
PSS: Sorry if this is not the best spot but the article didn't really warrant a new thread, and might help people who are losing interest in waiting for the new album.

bt_bird_90
11-22-2006, 04:22 PM
I'm a rebel, I'm going to thank you any way.

Thank you.

maareek
11-22-2006, 04:49 PM
I'm not quite a rebellious as bird. Thanks Tink. Thanks Twitch. I had seen this one AF, but still good info to have here, as well.

Cooney
11-22-2006, 07:51 PM
I hadn't seen that one myself :-) Suffice to say, I'm glad to see it here.

bhash875
11-29-2006, 12:06 AM
thanks xxxx

xaypock
11-29-2006, 01:17 AM
Oh I think Alizée is gorgeous, no doubts there. I probably won't be hooked on her for an extended period of time having just recently (well a little over month or so) discovered her, but i'll always admire her work.

I'd probably choose to go with Kate Beckinsale over Alizée. (She's hot in Underworld, hotter in her other movies)
If you haven't had the chance to see / hear her talk, check out her interviews from Conan O'Brien / David Letterman. Swear - if I can find a girl like her (without the acting career) i'll be extremely happy.

*Runs ducks, jumps and dodges the myriad of sharp flying objects* :D

newalizeefan
11-29-2006, 03:31 AM
sadly....threads like these that are somewhat sad, keep my interest in alizee long going.
sometimes id rather see threads like "do you think alizee will ever comeback?" rather than threads like "whats your favorite ___________"

but TBH, my admiration for alizee wont fade as long as she comes back when im still interersted in her. if her comeback is planned for winter next year...or 2008, its probably gonna be over for me. but dont get me wrong, i frikkin LOVE alizee... i was at school from 4pm - 10pm today to finish up a project and i was listening to the same alizee songs over and over again and i didnt even get tired of it. hell it probably made me relax a bit more.

DJ_Greg
11-30-2006, 12:58 AM
Oh I think Alizée is gorgeous, no doubts there. I probably won't be hooked on her for an extended period of time having just recently (well a little over month or so) discovered her, but i'll always admire her work.

I'd probably choose to go with Kate Beckinsale over Alizée. (She's hot in Underworld, hotter in her other movies)
If you haven't had the chance to see / hear her talk, check out her interviews from Conan O'Brien / David Letterman. Swear - if I can find a girl like her (without the acting career) i'll be extremely happy.

Mmm...Kate Beckinsale...

Sir Wood
12-01-2006, 12:11 AM
My admiration will never wane as long as I have her music around me!

It's the leather and Vampire thing isn't it?

I loved her and the red lipstick in Pearl Harbour. :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWvtl_zNIag
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKKDp-4kz-E

Sorry for going OT...

newalizeefan
12-01-2006, 01:26 AM
i liked kate beckinsale ever since the first time i watched serendipity...although id still pick alizee over kate beckinsale.
but serendipity is one of my favorite movies.

lobowolf14
12-02-2006, 01:25 AM
Honestly I don't think I'm going to get sick of her music until I feel to old to be watching her video's LOL. Also, it's definitely going to be a while, because generally I get on a huge kick when I find an artist I really like and when I finally get tired of it I don't care for it much (such as Novaspace that I loved for about a year and a half), but Alizee.... she is a totally different matter that I don't recall ever encountering.. I get into really long states of loving her music, then I sorta stop but am always more than willing to listen to her, and every few months or so I fall in love with her music [and music videos shall I say]. and repeat. If this keeps up as it has three times already, it mostly will be a realllyy long time until I completely lose interest in her music.

Essentially, I completely agree with what Brianh said on the first page of this thread, even down to her interviews and her smile that for some reason were making me crack up as I watched them tonight. ROFL

Matt
11-24-2007, 04:35 PM
Yes and no. The actual feeling of "Love" in the human body is made up of a chemical reaction. About a month ago I saw a story on CNN that said that the "Deep in Love" chemically produced feeling will only last for about a year and then will fade. I was so love sick for Alizee for about 13 months that I would have done anything for her, but like CNN said the chemical feeling of love has started fading.

I do know that although the (Madly in love) feeling is fading I will always have a great love for Alizee. I for one would like to keep tabs on her, to see what she's doing, see how she grows, what eventually happens in her life. After all, I've never, ever had a woman effect my life such as Alizee has and know that it will probably never happen again. She is truely unique. I just wish that I could have kissed her on the cheeks, upper or lower pair.

-Cybersoil

you know the only reason why our love might fade away in time is because we know we cant have her. we all know we cant be married to her and we cant see her nor date her so it just fades away. now if we were her husband and we did see her everyday and we could actually spend time with her our love for her would probably stay forever in us. but no one can do that but her Husband:(

Deepwaters
11-24-2007, 04:50 PM
you know the only reason why our love might fade away in time is because we know we cant have her.

No, it would fade anyway, or at least transmute. "Being in love" always does. Hopefully it morphs into something else, deeper but not as intoxicating, that can last, but that initial craziness never does. Never.

I've been in love several times. Sometimes when I was in love I could "have her" and sometimes I couldn't, but the feelings changed, faded, transmuted, every time regardless.

What I feel for Alizée is more like a very deep, very profound affection than it is like being in love, though. I don't feel her absence, or as if I "can't have her," because she's always present at least in some degree, and in all the important ways I do have her. The ways I don't, aren't at this time important to me. So the way it works when you're "in love" may not apply here.

Matt
11-24-2007, 05:12 PM
well to me if I was in love with someone and I could have them I would love them forever and it would never fade away nor would i fall for someone else. well unless the girl was always complaining then i would dump her in a mintue lol

lefty12357
11-24-2007, 05:13 PM
I think I will always admire and adore Alizée, but I can’t say it’s unconditional. There are things that she could do that could change my feelings. I just don’t think she would ever do those things because I believe she is a good person at heart.

I feel more like a friend than a fan. The word “fan” and its definition seems inadequate to describe the way I feel. I realize friendship is normally a two way street that includes some kind of personal relationship, but she has given much through her music and I would in return act as a friend to her if the opportunity presented itself.

As far as love goes, I agree with what Deepwaters said.

suzybananasplit
11-24-2007, 05:42 PM

-Cybersoil

I disagree. That feeling isn't love, its infatuation. Of course when you first listen to Alizee or see her, you feel excited but eventually you develop a deeper admiration for her and her music.

fsquared
11-24-2007, 06:23 PM
Necropost!!! :D

Matt, my thoughts are that it's hard to know what you would do or feel until you actually experience it. You may surprise yourself.

Rocket
11-24-2007, 06:32 PM
Wowzers, talk about some old names in this thread. Anywho, some say that my admiration hasn't yet matured. I enjoy her music to be sure, but I've never worshipped her as many do here.

jeroh
11-24-2007, 07:35 PM
i already did it

fsquared
11-24-2007, 09:01 PM
Wowzers, talk about some old names in this thread. Anywho, some say that my admiration hasn't yet matured. I enjoy her music to be sure, but I've never worshipped her as many do here.

That's healthy in my opinion.

JCC
11-24-2007, 09:30 PM
HECK NO!!! :D And the buzz being created by the release of the new album....i got a feeling 2008 is gonna be a GOOD year! Most of us did not know about her during her breakout year in 2000..or even her 2nd release in 2003...For all of us, whether Rabid fans, or casual admirers, we should ALL make the most of this & soak up as much from these events as possible. This is our "2000"! ;)

"Life isn't measured by the breaths you take; its measured by the moments that take your breath away."

Fusoya
11-24-2007, 09:35 PM
HECK NO!!! :D And the buzz being created by the release of the new album....i got a feeling 2008 is gonna be a GOOD year! Most of us did not know about her during her breakout year in 2000..or even her 2nd release in 2003...For all of us, whether Rabid fans, or casual admirers, we should ALL make the most of this & soak up as much from these events as possible. This is our "2000"! ;)

"Life isn't measured by the breaths you take; its measured by the moments that take your breath away."

I agree!
Its like you stole my thoughts!

CFHollister
11-24-2007, 09:56 PM
No, it would fade anyway, or at least transmute. "Being in love" always does. Hopefully it morphs into something else, deeper but not as intoxicating, that can last, but that initial craziness never does. Never.

I've been in love several times. Sometimes when I was in love I could "have her" and sometimes I couldn't, but the feelings changed, faded, transmuted, every time regardless.

What I feel for Alizée is more like a very deep, very profound affection than it is like being in love, though. I don't feel her absence, or as if I "can't have her," because she's always present at least in some degree, and in all the important ways I do have her. The ways I don't, aren't at this time important to me. So the way it works when you're "in love" may not apply here.

My tend to describe my affection or "love" Alizée to myself as the maximum within reason for someone, like Alizée, I've never met and has never met me. Not that I've really been able to pin down a deffinition for what that is exactly... but Deepwater's, here, seems to capture the essence of my thoughts/feelings. The only time I feel her "absence" is when I feel that she may not have gotten the message(s) I've sent her, so that she knows I exist (at least in principle) and why I'm her "fan." But really, I don't worry about that tto much because I feel I will eventually get a message through to her; hell, I may have already and I just don't have confirmation.

I think I will always admire and adore Alizée, but I can’t say it’s unconditional. There are things that she could do that could change my feelings. I just don’t think she would ever do those things because I believe she is a good person at heart.

I feel more like a friend than a fan. The word “fan” and its definition seems inadequate to describe the way I feel. I realize friendship is normally a two way street that includes some kind of personal relationship, but she has given much through her music and I would in return act as a friend to her if the opportunity presented itself.

As far as love goes, I agree with what Deepwaters said.

Lefty also captures some of the essence of my feelings toward Alizée.

maxbest
11-24-2007, 10:21 PM
It will fade eventually because our "love" will not be(or not likely to be) returned by Alizee.

Sad but true.

Deepwaters
11-24-2007, 10:23 PM
well to me if I was in love with someone and I could have them I would love them forever and it would never fade away nor would i fall for someone else.

See, this is the delusion of romance, and it's very insidious and nasty. "Being in love" is NOT love. It's a chemical imbalance, a spiritual intoxication, a sexual enslavement, a temporary insanity. It can be very selfish, and love is not. It can be destructive and cruel to the person one supposedly loves -- and that's not love. It's a desire to possess, or to be possessed by, to dominate or to be dominated, or both at once. It's an obsession, a wildness in the blood.

It's great fun (except when it hurts), don't get me wrong. But it's certainly not love! That's one of those accidents of language that lead to confusion.

"Being in love" is often a way that a sexual relationship begins. Not always, but often. It brings two people together, and makes them spend enough time together that, if the potential is there, they may bond in other ways. It causes them to have sex a lot, and in a state of nature it usually led to pregnancy, which of course was the whole idea, in terms of evolution and natural selection; that's why we do it. But it doesn't last.

If you want something that will last, you want genuine love -- not "being in love." You want caring, compassion, affection, sympathy. You want love that transcends jealousy and possessiveness. You want a state of mind that still lets you think rationally, which nobody can when they're "in love."

Even that kind of love, real love, doesn't necessarily mean a relationship will last, although the love itself usually does, barring something awful happening. Even so, people who love each other can still grow apart, and separate because that's the best thing for both of them. But if you're dependent on "being in love" to last and keep you together, your relationship's duration will be measured in months, not years.

Maxbest, you're a pessimistic fellow, aren't you? ;)

cocoroa
11-24-2007, 10:51 PM
this feeling is forever dude

i love her more than her music so i`m not gonna change my mind even if she retires

my feelings to her are so big that nothing can make me change them

NOTHING!!!

Hylas1896
11-25-2007, 02:27 PM
In the end, I'm going to compile the soundtrack of my life. (Rules: 1 CD only, please!) :rolleyes:

Alizée will be on it. No doubt about it.

Hylas

Sometimes I'm overwhelmed with respect, admiration and, um, endearance for Alizée. :D But all out worship makes me queasy. Though these can be confused by others, especially from someone like me who was profoundly influenced by Alizée's music during a particularly dark time in my life.

I guess we have to remember that Alizée embodies Music, not the other way around. Thanks Alizée.

Hylas

Deepwaters
11-26-2007, 10:17 PM
I've got a simple answer for the thread question now. Do I think my admiration for Alizée will ever fade?

Not as long as she keeps making music this good! It just grew by a big stretch!

espire
11-26-2007, 10:29 PM
My admiration for her is so high that I'd probably still love her infinitely if she became a sell-out.