PDA

View Full Version : Members...

trofast
07-06-2006, 09:36 PM
where are you guys from? Since this is titled "Alizée America", I'm guessing most Americans. :p But anyways, I just joined the forum, so welcome to me. :) The name's Chris, a 27 year old guy from Norway who just can't seem to get enough of the lovely Alizée! :D

Hehe, btw, does anyone else kinda get week in their knees when looking into her eyes, or is it just me? :o

rcs
07-06-2006, 10:16 PM
where are you guys from? Since this is titled "Alizée America", I'm guessing most Americans. :p But anyways, I just joined the forum, so welcome to me. :) The name's Chris, a 27 year old guy from Norway who just can't seem to get enough of the lovely Alizée! :D

Hehe, btw, does anyone else kinda get week in their knees when looking into her eyes, or is it just me? :o

From Tucson, AZ USA (The Grand Canyon State)...WELCOME Chris!!! Oh, we all get the same feeling for Alizee. She makes us ill not being able to be near her, so this website is our drug to cope. Some of us have OD'd.

P.S. Since you are in Europe, were you able to see Alizee in concert?

trofast
07-06-2006, 10:35 PM
Bah, you had to mention something like "being near her", didn't you? Hehe. Now you made me think/dream about holding her in my arms... damn you. :p

And to answer your ps, nooooo! :( Norway is a small country, celebs rarely come here, except when there's the Nobel Peace Price award. :p And, well... to be honest, I hadn't even heard about her 1 month ago. Hehe, shame on me, yes I know. But the songs seem very "familiar" in a way, like I've heard them before, and the remind me of something/someone, but can't remember what. Who cares really, the fact is that I like the songs, and I like her.

PS: You can never OD on Alizée!

PPS: Ordered the concert DVD yesterday, so at least I'll be able to invite her into my house. ;)

Brianh
07-06-2006, 10:42 PM
I'm from a little town called Moline, Illinois...the midwest if ya want to call it that.

Shep
07-06-2006, 10:45 PM
I'm from a little town called Moline, Illinois...the midwest if ya want to call it that.

Hey, I know Moline. My company, Air Tran, flies out there. I think we have three flights routed out of there, not sure.

rcs
07-06-2006, 10:47 PM
I found out about her a month ago also. I ordered both of her CDs and the DVD 3 days ago. I didn't get home in time today to get my CDs from UPS. The package is in my apartment manager's office. Through the window, I can see the package sitting on his desk. Expressed ordered just to have it sit there...uh!!! The DVD is expected to arrive this weekend. Can't wait!

Spartan500
07-06-2006, 10:59 PM
hey trofast I know the feeling about her songs being familiar because even though I found out about her in may it seems like I heard her songs way before

trofast
07-06-2006, 11:16 PM
Spartan500, maybe it's because... hmm... well... hehe, not really sure why that is to be honest. But for me, a girl looking like that, with that body, that smile, those eyes, that laugh... and who can sing, that pretty much means I'm lost. :D Reading about her, and watching interviews just makes it worse you know. Cause on top of being a hottie with a beautiful voice, she seems to also have a great personality. Damn, it sux to want someone you know you'll never ever in a million years get. Get?! Pfft, I'll probably never even see her in person, hehe, but of course... it's nice to dream.

To rcs: Hehe, sorry to hear that dude, that's gotta be a little(!) annoying. Hoping I get the DVD tomorrow, or, today, seeing as it's 5 AM here now. Sh*t, I gotta go to bed. :p

Brianh: Never heard of that town, but Illinois kinda rings a bell. :)

Ok you guys, I'm off to bed. Just have to watch that concert clip of "Parler Tout Bas" one more time. I get chills... :o

RadioactiveMan
07-07-2006, 12:02 AM
I'm from British Columbia. I live about in the neighbourhood of six hours north or Seattle for those of you that live there. I probably would have a story to tell about ordering the DVD like the rest of you, but I'm not going to order it until I get paid for refereeing a couple months of soccer games. I've only been paid once or twice the entire year so far.

cybersoil
07-07-2006, 05:46 AM
Be sure to order your "Alizee En Concert" DVDs from a legitmate source like Amazon.com or Amazon.fr. Initially I bought 2 different DVDs from eBay and found both of them to be low quality (4.7Gb Burned File size) counterfits, although the cases looked legit. Finally, I ordered the real DVD from Amazon.fr and found it to be an 8Gb (PAL) disk in file size and is super sharp.

Alizee's concert was one the the first to be recorded in Hi-Def but you'll only see in Hi-Def if you watch it on a Hi-Def DVD player with a Hi-Def TV or watch it on your computer. 800 x 600 is considered Hi-Def. When I project her concert on a screen or wall at 800 x 600 it's super sharp; you can even make out her individual eyebrow hairs.

I'm not going to be posting for a while, except in the Seattle Concert thread because I don't want to be seen as a message reply hog but thought I should warn you about the cheap 4.7Gb, low quality, eBay-sold counterfit DVDs. You probably wouldn't notice the lower quality on a stardard TV set but on the computer screen there is a world of difference.

- Cybersoil

brad
07-07-2006, 12:46 PM
hey trofast,

I am from West Virgina. welcome to the site, I'm glad you found it.

Sauron
07-07-2006, 05:16 PM
hey trofast and everyone else!
Greetings from Sweden! :cool:

This site is just...a-m-a-z-i-n-g, all of alizée videos in one place (lyrics, eng sub in interviews), cant thank you enough :D

Im spreading the word of this site to all my friends, either they like alizée or not.. :rolleyes:

Good luck in building up a US fanbase! hope we europeans are welcome here too, and hopefully we wont harass your bandwith to death! :o

brad
07-07-2006, 06:08 PM
Good luck in building up a US fanbase! hope we europeans are welcome here too, and hopefully we wont harass your bandwith to death! :o

You are definitly welcome here. In fact we need you for Alizee news, lol. We get ZERO info on Alizee in the USA, at least most Europeans know who she is.

trofast
07-07-2006, 07:36 PM
Hehe, yeah I agree with Sauron, this site rocks. :)
I really like the subtitles on the interviews, that's just excellent!! :D For those of us who don't speak the language, (or like my self, have forgotten most of it :p), that makes a world of difference! Seeing her "live", so-to-speak, gives us a better view her personality. So again, thanx!!

PS: rcs: Damn, I didn't get the dvd today. :( Hoping it will arrive tomorrow, but I have my doubts. Oh well, she's worth the wait! Hehe, hope you had better luck, that you got back home in time.

droggo
07-08-2006, 12:10 AM
With regards to getting a faster than Amazon response to ordering import CDs/DVDs, etc, please check out www.caiman.com. I've had great success with them.

--Droggo

droggo
07-08-2006, 12:11 AM
And greetings everyone =)

I'm sorry for forgetting that.

--Droggo

Chrison
08-07-2006, 12:44 AM
I'm from Sweden and my obsession with Alizeé just won't go away even though i want it to. :(

nurvonic
08-07-2006, 12:57 AM
im the only person in florida to have an infatuation with alizee. ive introduced alizee to countless friends, but they just shrug her off as being just another artist. well good for them to have that sort of strength becuz im a sucker for her

RadioactiveMan
08-07-2006, 12:59 AM
I'm from Sweden and my obsession with Alizeé just won't go away even though i want it to. :(
:eek: Want it to? What fun is that?

Chrison
08-07-2006, 01:02 AM
:eek: Want it to? What fun is that?

Well, if i never had laid eyes on Alizeé, then i would still judge beauty by my old standards and those were much more realistic. I am absolutely certain that i will never even see a woman in real life that is even comparable to Alizeé, and since i'm not the deepest guy, that is a problem.

Spartan500
08-07-2006, 01:11 AM
Well, if i never had laid eyes on Alizeé, then i would still judge beauty by my old standards and those were much more realistic. I am absolutely certain that i will never even see a woman in real life that is even comparable to Alizeé, and since i'm not the deepest guy, that is a problem.
damn that does suck but sometimes you get a girl who reminds of how you think alizee is but you have to be lucky

Chrison
08-07-2006, 01:16 AM
Yeah, but what is the odds of that happening? My guess would be almost impossible.

Spartan500
08-07-2006, 01:18 AM
Yeah, but what is the odds of that happening? My guess would be almost impossible.
exactly thats why have to be lucky lol

Chrison
08-07-2006, 01:20 AM
Yeah. Well, hope never dies, i guess.

Edit: But i would rather meet a girl who is wonderful in some other way, perhaps she has a different kind of beauty that matches with Alizeé's in some way. I would rather have that than some Alizeé second hand look-alike.

RadioactiveMan
08-07-2006, 01:22 AM
Plastic surgery is getting cheaper every year.

"Sure, I'll go out with you, but not until after the operation."

Spartan500
08-07-2006, 01:22 AM
yeah but I thought you said you weren't a deep person lol

edit:lol radio

Chrison
08-07-2006, 01:23 AM
Haha, yeah. :) But as i wrote, that would be a second hand lookalike.

Edit: I'm not deep, but it wouldn't be fun to look at the girl and see nothing but an inferior version of Alizeé, and there's no way you're going to forget about Alizeé if your girl resembles her.

Edit2: With 'different kind', i still meant physical beauty, just in some other way so that it's even possible to be as beautiful as Alizeé.

Spartan500
08-07-2006, 01:28 AM
yeah don't worry I get what your talking about

cane17
08-07-2006, 01:56 AM
im the only person in florida to have an infatuation with alizee. ive introduced alizee to countless friends, but they just shrug her off as being just another artist. well good for them to have that sort of strength becuz im a sucker for her

Nope,i am form Tampa,Fl and i should be geting the CD and DVD fom my brithday i can't wait.

nurvonic
08-07-2006, 02:53 AM
oh hey cane17. i thought i was the only floridian here. good to know

dvtq
08-07-2006, 03:37 AM
Viet Nam , Ho chi Minh city , that's my house
US , Wahington state , lacey city , where i'm living now.

cybersoil
08-07-2006, 04:27 AM
Viet Nam , Ho chi Minh city , that's my house
US , Wahington state , lacey city , where i'm living now.

Hey, DVTQ & aditya8617. When and If we (Me, Todd and others) have the going away party for the visiting Frenchies up here in Lakewood (Tacoma) would you like to come? I can get you in. There's about 6 or 7 Frenchies, including a pretty French girl, if they decide to attend. Of course, T-Bo (21) and Charles (20), both Frenchies, will definately attend because the party is really for them.

Todd lives on a lake so you can probably already figure out the kind of party there will be. BBQ, Boat Rides, sitting in the sun "BS"ing with everyone, it'll be cool. But there might be gay people there also but they won't bother you (hopefully) but wear your steel underware just in case.:D

We're probably going to have a virtual concert later in the evening with videos being projected on a giant screen along with Bose speakers blasting out the music. Of course, Alizee videos will be shown but others also. Nothing like seeing Alizee shake her ass at 12 feet wide. She's Hot!!!

Lakewood (Tacoma) is not very far from Lacey but a little farther from Seattle. Of course, DVTQ, if you're really an 8 year old then forget it.

Let me know.

-Cybersoil

dvtq
08-07-2006, 05:23 AM
Todd lives on a lake so you can probably already figure out the kind of party there will be. BBQ, Boat Rides, sitting in the sun "BS"ing with everyone, it'll be cool. But there might be gay people (what mean of gay you want i understand :| ) there also but they won't bother you (hopefully) but wear your steel underware just in case

Is this a scrary invite :D . Thank you Cyberus , i'm an exchange student and i live with american host family :cool: , will they let me go with you, i'm not sure ? i want to join . tell me the day , maybe i can go ( hopefully)

i'm silly and little shy when i met stranger ;) ( my english is bad too ) , but if that were some pretty French girl ............:D

cybersoil
08-07-2006, 06:28 AM
Is this a scrary invite :D . Thank you Cyberus , i'm an exchange student and i live with american host family :cool: , will they let me go with you, i'm not sure ? i want to join . tell me the day , maybe i can go ( hopefully)

i'm silly and little shy when i met stranger ;) ( my english is bad too ) , but if that were some pretty French girl ............:D

Don't worry about meeting strangers. I'll be there and can intorduce you to others. All you have to remember to say is, "Yep! Alizee's hot!!!"

I'll let you know when the plans are more definate. But there is no guarantee of a party yet but it looks like there will be one. We don't know the day yet, probably sometime around Saturday, 19 August.

Don't worry, the fags (as they call themselves) keep to themselves, if they even attend the party. But if they do, they are all real nice people. They are just sexually fucked up, that's all.

The young pretty French girl is a lot of fun to hang with, I know. But she has a boyfriend back in France, not to mention that T-Bo and Charles are trying to get into her pants. They won't! But she's a real funloving person.

-Cybersoil

rcs
08-07-2006, 07:56 AM
Are all the hot french chicks taken? I need to move to France.

cybersoil
08-07-2006, 08:07 AM
I don't know, but they got a lot of them there, that's for sure.

-Cybersoil

Spartan500
08-07-2006, 01:30 PM
I don't know, but they got a lot of them there, that's for sure.

-Cybersoil
lol of course they have a lot of them there but i got a problem how is it that a hot american girl is not the same as a hot foreign girl

Jchase
08-07-2006, 01:50 PM
oh hey cane17. i thought i was the only floridian here. good to know

Nope you got me now too =P. Just east of Pensacola; well soon to be Daytona Beach at the end of the month.

cybersoil
08-07-2006, 02:12 PM
lol of course they have a lot of them there but i got a problem how is it that a hot american girl is not the same as a hot foreign girl

It's the ole "grass is greener on the other side of the hill" syndrome, that's all. Plus the sexy accent.

-Cybersoil

Spartan500
08-07-2006, 02:28 PM
It's the ole "grass is greener on the other side of the hill" syndrome, that's all. Plus the sexy accent.

-Cybersoil
oh so I'm guessing you feel the same

cybersoil
08-07-2006, 02:39 PM
Yes, American girls can be hot too but with Alizee and the other French girls that I have experience with I seem to like them better. Now maybe just my imagination, but you haven't been with Brigitte, nothing like I've ever experienced before. Wow... Wow... Wow... It's a year later and I'm still thinking of her.

-Cybersoil

Spartan500
08-07-2006, 02:40 PM
Yes, American girls can be hot too but with Alizee and the other French girls that I have experience with I seem to like them better. Now maybe just my imagination, but you haven't been with Brigitte, nothing like I've ever experienced before. Wow... Wow... Wow... It's a year later and I'm still thinking of her.

-Cybersoil
lol thats pretty much all I have to say cybersoil

Bob
08-12-2006, 02:47 AM
as it says in the upper right hand corner of my post-box i live and am from Chicago. but i have been to most of the states in the US, but not outside the 48 states (excluding hawaii and alaska from the US) but i am hoping to go to France next summer

Spartan500
08-12-2006, 02:55 AM
welcome to the site i know this is a few posts to late bob

Bob
08-12-2006, 03:17 AM
thanks spartan, lol in about 26 hours I'm at about 50 posts, think where id be in a month... lol

and i see you are the only other member on at 2am... im suprised.. although not that many people dont sleep =)

rwd716
08-15-2006, 02:11 AM

I know where your from bro! I used to live in Cedar Rapids, IA.

C-4
08-15-2006, 01:25 PM
I'm here in Fort Myers, Florida.
Just so you guys who think it is not possible to find a great looking woman who has the personality and can sing like Alizée, I am probably older then most or all of you here.
My wife is younger then I am and was a professional singer in NYC, doing professional broadway theather and voice-overs, plus fronting a really hot band.
She reminds me a lot of Alizée as she has the personality, sense of humour, talent and looks. I, on the other hand am just average looking, and have been playing professional guitar for almost 50 years now.

Believe me it can happen for you. Never let your Standards down and never give up the faith.

If I were not married now, I would move to France and start over. I have never been out of the country but have always wanted to go to Europe. Since finding out about Alizée from a friend of mine in Europe, I have purchased all of her recorded work and gotten into France in a big way.

I feel it has all of the beauty of Europe rolled up into one country. I still want to get over there and possibly in a year or two will get that chance.

Kretgar
08-15-2006, 04:15 PM
I'm from Browns Mills, NJ, USA.

I heard Alizée sing J'en ai marre and looked it up on the internet, then SAW her perform the song on "Top Of The Pop" video here...and, well, I found myself looking it up every day, and then looking at all the other videos (did I say 'look'? I meant 'DRINK IN'!), and finally admitting that this old guy finds her irresistable...

Gosh this old stuff has to go away...

Urb4n
08-15-2006, 04:23 PM

I usually don't stand up and watch Alizee at the same time.

RadioactiveMan
08-30-2006, 01:21 PM
I usually don't stand up and watch Alizee at the same time.

Try it sometime. Changing your viewing angle gives new spice to old videos.

DJ_Greg
09-02-2006, 01:20 AM
Totally unrelated to the present discussion...

How the hell did I manage to move up to #4 on the post count? Guys, I started out at a lurker here. That means you've all been slacking! I'm going away for a few days, where I might not have Internet access. If I come back and nobody has passed me, I'm gonna...I dunno...do something. :cool:

RadioactiveMan
09-02-2006, 01:54 AM
You've got a good 70 posts on me, but I'm trying hard. :(

Urb4n
09-02-2006, 02:46 AM
This is really belated but.. I come from Pheonix Arizona.

aditya8617
09-02-2006, 03:20 AM
I got bored with posting so suddenly had a dip in posting.

bt_bird_90
09-02-2006, 03:52 AM
I only post if there's something I can add or something that needs to be said. The chat room is where all the fun is!

Gatchaman
09-02-2006, 04:18 AM
I'm from San Diego, CA. :D

Bob
09-02-2006, 09:41 PM
you aint passing me Dj =)

loveher
09-09-2006, 10:12 PM
from China,cool forum

nurvonic
09-09-2006, 10:15 PM
hey welcome to the site loveher. im glad u found us:)

loveher
09-09-2006, 10:25 PM
hey welcome to the site loveher. im glad u found us:)

are you a member at alizee-forum?:)

rcs
09-09-2006, 11:00 PM
from China,cool forum

Welcome to the site. I would like to come to China one day. Are there a lot of Alizee fans there?

DJ_Greg
09-10-2006, 12:26 AM
Welcome to the site!

nurvonic
09-10-2006, 12:36 AM
are you a member at alizee-forum?:)

no im not a member of that forum. its too damn huge:eek:

aditya8617
09-10-2006, 10:32 AM
Welcome to the website, and yes this is a cool website!

riva2model64
09-10-2006, 10:54 AM
I a member of alizee-forum.com, used to post there
is rally big site like nurvonic says!
I like moi-alizee.us cause is small, cute little forum, easy to
get to know eachother that way
-edit- oh yeah there are a lot of hardcore Alizée fans on that site, a lot of her "originals"
what I mean by originals are fans that were her fans back when she was still in the business

I remember some thread where a member by the name of grizwald or something said he was making an Alizée site

I wonder how that site went along. . .

NANAKI
09-10-2006, 11:54 AM
I am a new member and a fan since August 8 2006 two days before my birthday and I haven't been able to get enough since. I discovered her through you tube. I am from Deerfield, Illinios. North Shore home to many of Chicagos famous athletes and Actors.

NANAKI
09-10-2006, 11:56 AM
I have yet to order her music yet but I did download some vieos off of google video into my i pod. Also I think I have the largest collection of Alizée videos on You Tube 67 different videos. I have been trying to get past the addiction and not just listen to just her music but it is so hard. The only way that happens is when my i pod dies at school because videos take up so much juice. Also I try to listen to other artists, but all attempts have failed so I am just giving up.

P.S. I am going to order them soon.

NANAKI
09-10-2006, 12:02 PM
When my I showed a friend of mine her J'en Ai Marre video he was supprised I liked it since I don't listen to pop at all. I am a rock and role junkie. Which remindes me I am seeing Iron Maiden on 10/18. However her music has changed my life it relaxes me so much.

Urb4n
09-10-2006, 02:06 PM
Welcome to the site Nanaki. Yeah you're like alot of our members; her music is somewhat of an oddball on thier playlists.

Bob
09-10-2006, 02:44 PM
Hey Nanaki, im also from the northern subarbs, wilmette to be exact. welcome to the site

aditya8617
09-10-2006, 03:14 PM
Welcome to the site Nanaki! And check out the post that lists all the Alizee symptoms, maybe be you have some more apart from the usual ones.

loveher
09-10-2006, 08:21 PM
Welcome to the site. I would like to come to China one day. Are there a lot of Alizee fans there?

yep,a lot of fans,she is very hot espacially among young people and university students :)

Bob
09-10-2006, 08:59 PM
yep,a lot of fans,she is very hot espacially among young people and university students :)

awsome, thats good to know

Rocket
09-10-2006, 09:24 PM
My name is Jenna but everybody calls me Rocket. It's a nickname I got as a kid and it somehow stuck. I was born and raised in Chicago and now live downstate near St. Louis, MO. Although I don't go 'weak in the knees' every time I see Alize'e I do enjoy her music. I would love to see her in concert. My husband and I are planning a trip to Paris. Maybe if I'm lucky she'll be having a concert while we're there. Haha I'll be the envy of everyone in here.

NANAKI
09-11-2006, 01:02 AM
Welcome to the site Nanaki! And check out the post that lists all the Alizee symptoms, maybe be you have some more apart from the usual ones.

-Spending hours browsing for Alizée downloads
-Spending hours watching Alizée videos and interviews (even though you have no clue what she's saying)
-Spending hours posting to and reading Alizée forums in a desperate attempt to get even closer to Alizée
-Spending hours listening to Alizée music since you've read all the new posts on the forums (You also may find your self listening to Alizée music while reading said forums, only stopping the music to watch a video someone has posted)
-Introducing Alizée to friends and strangers alike by showing them her dancing
-Finding yourself daydreaming of when Alizée's new album will come out and what image will she bring with it
-Planning a trip to France, but then trying to decide if Paris or Ajaccio will give you a better chance to spot her
-Being inspired to learn French
-Moving there to try to see her
-Only birthday wish was to meet her

My Syptoms 10 :D

NANAKI
09-11-2006, 01:05 AM
Thank you all for welcoming me.

p.s. I plan to get her cd's as soon as possible I have the money just no credit card

NANAKI
09-11-2006, 01:19 AM
Can someone post a link to this song please since if see is going towards rock I can't find it on google or you tube I am lost "C'est trop tard"

RadioactiveMan
09-11-2006, 01:30 AM
http://alizee.wordpress.com/tag/cest-trop-tard/

NANAKI
09-11-2006, 01:36 AM
http://alizee.wordpress.com/tag/cest-trop-tard/

Thanks Radioactive man I love it her album will be awesome if it is more like this this is more of the type of music I generally listen to.

Bob
09-11-2006, 07:23 AM
I would love to see her in concert. My husband and I are planning a trip to Paris. Maybe if I'm lucky she'll be having a concert while we're there. Haha I'll be the envy of everyone in here.

your not the only one =)

aditya8617
09-11-2006, 08:35 AM
My husband and I are planning a trip to Paris. Maybe if I'm lucky she'll be having a concert while we're there. Haha I'll be the envy of everyone in here.

Yes you will be envy of everyone here, but if you take your husband to the concert they you will envy Alizee for stealing him from you :) .

rcs
09-11-2006, 09:10 AM
Yes you will be envy of everyone here, but if you take your husband to the concert they you will envy Alizee for stealing him from you :) .

That's right. BEWARE, THE POWER OF LILI IS STRONG!