PDA

View Full Version : Waterloo!

aditya8617
12-12-2006, 06:52 AM
Alizee is a native of Ajaccio, on the island of Corsica, which just so happens to be the birthplace of Napoleon Bonaparte. In her brief career, Alizee has swept through Europe -- like a certain Emperor -- with her pop appeal. But will she have her Waterloo as well?
- from some website
Comment on it.

guldebrett
12-12-2006, 07:03 AM
Alizee is a native of Ajaccio, on the island of Corsica, which just so happens to be the birthplace of Napoleon Bonaparte. In her brief career, Alizee has swept through Europe -- like a certain Emperor -- with her pop appeal. But will she have her Waterloo as well? - from some website Comment on it.
I guess that's up to her. She has the looks, voice, sexiness, and talent but how she deals will it will decide her fate. I just wish that she stayed with Mylene and Laurant to remain a sexy popstar. The world is littered with enough singers trying to strike out on their own and crash and burn.

Waterloo? Someone a while back called her Napoleanna but not because of any failure she had but because how she conquers hearts and minds of men.

Rocket
12-12-2006, 07:10 AM
If that's true then it has already happened with the sales from her 2nd album and DVD. Remember Waterloo is the place where Napoleon was defeated.

My husband and I both love her music. Although I think he has a crush on her as well. haha. We always thought, 'If only she would've given us (Americans) a chance to hear her. We may still have her with us.' But whenever we have a party we would play one of her songs (mostly as background music) the reaction is usually "WTF is this?"

But getting back to the point. Most pop and rock stars today receive their Waterloo way early. They come and they go. Anybody remember NKOTB?

CFHollister
12-12-2006, 10:23 AM
On topic, should be in the Alizee forum.

If Alizee will have her Waterloo, the release of her third album will be very telling. We just have to wait and see. But if we were to make a historical comparison, Napoleon was eventually defeated because he over-extended himself and bit off more than he could chew. I don't see Alizee's career having been managed in this way... she didn't set out to conquer Europe or the world, she just did. I don't think the success of Gourmandises will necessarily be fully repeated; but as long as she delivers on so good music, a sexy, positive image, and maintains her personnality, I don't think she will have any real problems. Her career has typically been managed in a way to keep people wanting more rather than saturating them. I think the greatest threat comes more from the critics and how the media in the industry chose to present her when she returns.

Sir Wood
12-13-2006, 01:43 AM
On topic, should be in the Alizee forum.

If Alizee will have her Waterloo, the release of her third album will be very telling. We just have to wait and see. But if we were to make a historical comparison, Napoleon was eventually defeated because he over-extended himself and bit off more than he could chew. I don't see Alizee's career having been managed in this way... she didn't set out to conquer Europe or the world, she just did. I don't think the success of Gourmandises will necessarily be fully repeated; but as long as she delivers on so good music, a sexy, positive image, and maintains her personnality, I don't think she will have any real problems. Her career has typically been managed in a way to keep people wanting more rather than saturating them. I think the greatest threat comes more from the critics and how the media in the industry chose to present her when she returns.
My belief is that her next release will be just as good, and that MF/LB wouldn't necessarily let their prodigy take a stumble. After all, if it was me who mentored such an artist, I would see that their success continues. Just because it would reflect back on me in the end (at least in my mind). Just my opinion.

Go ahead and say that they had a mutual split. But that doesn't mean it was a complete break and no communication. Like I said, you'd still want to see your prodigy succeed. Again, just my opinion.

CFHollister
12-13-2006, 02:07 AM
My belief is that her next release will be just as good, and that MF/LB wouldn't necessarily let their prodigy take a stumble. After all, if it was me who mentored such an artist, I would see that their success continues. Just because it would reflect back on me in the end (at least in my mind). Just my opinion.

Go ahead and say that they had a mutual split. But that doesn't mean it was a complete break and no communication. Like I said, you'd still want to see your prodigy succeed. Again, just my opinion.

I've been wondering about the nature of the Alizee/Farmer breakup. Is there any information (or fairly consistent rumor) about what happened and exactly when? I want to believe that all concerned decided that it would be better for Alizee to strike out more one her own to make a name for herself without always being mentioned in the same breath with Mylene. But I also wonder if Mylene was opposed to Alizee's marriage because it interefered with the direction she want to Alizee in, or there were "creative differences" between Jeremy and Mylene. Not that I think that's necessarily what happened but it's a thought that occured to me.

guldebrett
12-13-2006, 05:18 AM
... I also wonder if Mylene was opposed to Alizee's marriage because it interefered with the direction she want to Alizee in, or there were "creative differences" between Jeremy and Mylene...

I don't think anyone really know what happened between the two. But I do know that with Mylene writing the songs, Laurant composing the melodies to the songs, and Alizee singing and performing dance to the songs, they (the songs) are some of the most beautiful that I've ever heard in my life. Alizee just hasn't yet realized that she was born to be a beautiful, sexy, seductive popstar and not some kind of rocker that I heard she wanted to be. Of course, I wish her success but in my heart I want the old Alizee back, and always will.

Seapaddler
12-13-2006, 07:16 AM
For all we know there could have been a no pregnancies or wedding bells in her contract for X number of years or albums. If you break it down chronologically, she became pregnant beginning of August 2005, her website was deleted August 9, 2005. She got married November 2005 and she gave birth April 28 2006.

Deleting her official website and LB holding onto the domain and keeping it empty all this time speaks volumes as to the nature of the split. I don't believe it was amicable one bit.

Ben
12-13-2006, 07:36 AM
If you break it down chronologically, she became pregnant beginning of August 2005, her website was deleted August 9, 2005. She got married November 2005 and she gave birth April 28 2006.
Your marriage date is two years late. So if they had a problem with her getting married, they sure took their time to show it! :)

Alizee just hasn't yet realized that she was born to be a beautiful, sexy, seductive popstar and not some kind of rocker that I heard she wanted to be.
We don't know if that's what she wants. It's all only rumors now. People mistake Jeremy for a rocker, but that isn't true. We won't really know Lili's new style until we see it.

Seapaddler
12-13-2006, 07:40 AM
ah, I took the date off of the wiki :rolleyes:

lol must have done it too fast, 2003. doh!

aFrenchie
12-13-2006, 08:40 AM
We don't know if that's what she wants. It's all only rumors now.
Alizée wanting to play rock? :eek: Seeing her musical tastes, you wouldn't think she's going to play jazz, would you? :)
People mistake Jeremy for a rocker, but that isn't true.
Indeed. Jérémy never played anything rock and even sings "Variétés françaises" which means "French pop music" ("variétés" even has a pejorative sense in France). If that's rock then the Rolling Stones or even Black Sabbath played opera all their lifetime :D