PDA

View Full Version : Man... what a great site!!!

cybersoil
07-08-2006, 07:17 AM
Brad,

I've just been checking out the other areas of this (your/our) site. God, it is FANTASTIC! I've seen a lot of Alizee sites, many of them being very good but this one will no doubt be the best of them all.

Here's a threat!! You had better take very good care of yourself because if you get in a car accident or something, were all screwed here! If you're a smoker, quit now! Eat right and stay away from candy. Exercise daily and drink moderately. If you don't think you can do these things then we'll get a bunch of Alizee freaks together and go over to your house and make you walk the treadmill!:p

Seriously speaking now... man.... what a fantastic site! When other people eventually explore the site they find out how great you and this site really are. If you want donations to help out, I'll donate. Let me know.

Brad, thanks again for your fantastic site. I know it takes a lot of energy, effort, and time to grow a site and you've got a great start. There's no doubt that if Alizee ever did see this site she would be impressed and very appreciative. Good Job!!!

- Cybersoil

Edit:
Just found the video "Heaven Must Be Missing An Angel" by Tavares in my "Windows Live Messenger" Shared Folder. Wow... what a coincidence. And the angel's name??? Must be Alizee, of course!

So much for my not posting for a while... I'm an Alizee adict, what can I say.

brad
07-08-2006, 10:32 AM
thanks man :)

I just wanted to make an easy place for people to discover alizee ... without having to go through all of the hoops of searching for the videos, downloading from rapidshare or newsgroups, installing vobsub and finding all of the subtitles, and etc...

I am sure once new comers are addicted enough, they will want to get the full quality videos .. but at least with this site they can get their first taste of Alizee without all of the frustration.

I should point out that most everything on this site has been created by other fans hard work ... I am basically just trying to assemble it all in one place. A lot of credit should be given to Dandy from the alizee-forum.com website for uploading so many great videos .. and also all of the folks over at mf-international.com for all of their work on the translations.

I really did the easy part .. they should get all of the credit.

Matrix
07-08-2006, 03:16 PM
Agreed, this site is the best Alizee website I have seen so far. The Alizee Fan Club website is very good but this site Brad has put up is more streamlined and user friendly.

Its not as cluttererd as the Alizee fan club website, what im trying to say. Oui, thanks for the effort Brad! :)

Spartan500
07-08-2006, 03:24 PM
yeah this site is great its easy to use and it has great content

RadioactiveMan
07-08-2006, 03:28 PM
yeah this site is great its easy to use and it has great content
Well considering that it's content is Alizee, that's not a surprise. I like the site because it has a really clean look.

Spartan500
07-08-2006, 04:12 PM
Well considering that it's content is Alizee, that's not a surprise. I like the site because it has a really clean look.
you are right

cybersoil
07-08-2006, 05:24 PM
Brad, don't cut yourself short. You know, ultimately, Bill Gates was just an organizer too. Top-of-the-line organizer for sure but he hasn't done any programming for Microsoft since about 1986. And thanks to people like him and you we all have much more enjoyable lives! But I do understand what you mean about a lot of people participating in the Alizee experience, including all the people that visit and participate in this site. There are a lot of good ideas out there but it takes someone really special to bring them all together. Brad, you are obviously that kind of special person.

I doubt that it would ever happen again, probably not in a million years, but if for some reason, when I eventually go back to France, I ever do run back into you-know-who again, I'll be sure to mention your name and this site.

Thanks a million, Brad!

-Cybersoil

Matrix
07-08-2006, 10:57 PM
Cybersoil... you ran into Alizee? You actually met Alizee face to face? I don't believe you. You got a pic of the event??? Or are we just supposed to TRUST you?

You know we dont need to start a new website based on lies. Lets not be like Alizee Fan Club.. you can't believe anything you read over there.

cybersoil
07-09-2006, 03:47 AM
Please don't take this wrong but I don't really care what people believe or don't believe. I know what happened and that's all that matters.

Yes, I was allowed to snap one pic and one pic only (for my personal collection) but was asked not to post it on a website, probably because she wasn't looking at her best. I still have the long an very boring e-mails that I sent to Delphim last summer, from France, that explained to him blow by blow what happened, when I met her, and how I got to talk to her for a few minutes. I was already informed back then that Alizee was splitting from Mylene, I'm surprised that the news is just now filtering over here.

Delphim is a good friend of mine that now lives in California. He's Portuguese and we made friends back in the early 90s when I worked in Alaska. I got him interested in Alizee early last year, before I went to the FanClub birthday party, in Paris. I was there from 14 Aug - 22 Aug 2005.

Hmmm.. should I now post the pic and break a promise that I made to an angelic, most beautiful, most sexy, very nice, well loved, great singer and great dancer that wasn't feeling very good or looking up to par that day? Or should I take your advice, someone that I don't know, have never met, and calls me a liar? Hmmm... that is a very difficult and hard choice to make. Besides, it's just a pic of her smiling and sitting in the middle of her two girl friends while she's holding up a knife and a piece of bread. It wouldn't have any meaning to anyone except me, unless you knew the funny story behind it. But it was a very special personal moment, something that I will take to my grave. You can't blame me for wanting a little piece of Alizee all for myself can you?

One thing I will tell you though, I didn't know that she wore glasses. I'm guessing that she must be wearing contacts (depends on her eyesite) the rest of the time because now (after Paris) I notice her squinting in some of her videos. I wasn't about to be rude and ask her about it. Makes no difference to me... She's the babe of the world and always will be as far as I'm concerned.

- Cybersoil

Matrix
07-09-2006, 04:47 AM
Touching story, but I don't buy it. Alizee requested that her photo not be shown because she thought she looked bad??? We're supposed to buy this? This is the best story you can come up with?

It's not unusual for a fan to have actually met Alizee, i'm not disputing that. Just this fan, cybersoil, who says they did, I don't believe you. Until I see proof, I will remain skeptical.

I've met many celebrities myself, because of where I live, Las Vegas. I know its not unusual to meet celebrities. But you made a comment in an earlier post that set off the red warning flags....

You said, "if I ever run into you -know- who" something of that sort, its not a quote. Comon, thats a dead giveaway. I wasn't born yesterday.

If you met Alizee, just say so, why beat around the bush? Only someone hiding something would talk like that.

Shep
07-09-2006, 04:59 AM
I think it's the same reason I don't talk about how Alizée's affected me personally. Like Cybersoil, when I found out about her I had a profound change in my life. Because of her or not, I'm not sure but I'm very thankful for that change. I'm not readily going to explain what has changed for me, I don't know everyone here well enough to trust all of you about my personal life.

If Cybersoil did meet her, I'm sure it was a very personal situation for him considering she has been the object of his admiration for a long time. That's probably why he was a bit reluctant to talk about it. But we can only go by his word. I'm not sure I believe it, but I don't disbelieve it either and whether we do or not is inconsequential to the truth of the situation which we may or may not ever know.

cybersoil
07-09-2006, 06:23 AM
Touching story, but I don't buy it. Alizee requested that her photo not be shown because she thought she looked bad??? We're supposed to buy this? This is the best story you can come up with?

Whatever, dude... :cool:

-Cybersoil

Bob
08-11-2006, 10:55 PM
i agree that this is the best alizee site on the net ( at least until the official alizee fansite comes out.maybe)

acer
08-11-2006, 11:00 PM
yup yup yup
this is a kick ass site!!!

dvtq
08-11-2006, 11:20 PM
i agree that this is the best alizee site on the net ( at least until the official alizee fansite comes out.maybe)
you dont know french , right :)

riva2model64
08-11-2006, 11:24 PM
Ye, this is the best Alizee site ever. It also has a good, if small, forum community.

But since it is smaller, we can know each other more personally!

To Brad, you rock for making this site, and to Alizee, you rock because you rock!

bt_bird_90
08-11-2006, 11:32 PM
Ye, this is the best Alizee site ever. It also has a good, if small, forum community.

But since it is smaller, we can know each other more personally!

To Brad, you rock for making this site, and to Alizee, you rock because you rock!

^^^I agree entirely, it's nice to have threads that are not over-whelmed with people. I can post a thought late at nighte before I go to bed, give it the morning to get some replies, and then still participate in the discussion... not like the other, more official-er site where a thread will be up to 30 pages before I can make my reply to a post in the first page.

Many thanks to Brad and Alizée, as always!

Bob
08-12-2006, 12:14 AM
you know what i just noticed? alizee is still not taken as a member name lol.. seems strange

Spartan500
08-12-2006, 12:17 AM
the closest one I know of is alizeebrotherand yeah I know what you mean BT when i was gone for a day it was at most 2 pages that i haven't read beforeand there are a ton of cool people here

Señor Villa
08-12-2006, 01:39 AM
I just want to say Brad this is a really good site keep up the great work.

aditya8617
08-12-2006, 01:48 AM
This is no doubt the best non-French Alizee website. Hope we expand even more and Alizee notices this website, this will be a great achievement for Brad and us as well.

@bob, Alizee member name has been preserved for Alizee herself!