Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alizée Discussion (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Misc. Alizée Questions! (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4918)

Fyrel 08-30-2009 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fall06 (Post 138449)
i think the only people who could answer this are French. or some really fluent speakers: well i remembered from AP Euro that Napoleon had a strong Corsican accent in his French. Does Alizée have one? in her interviews, she doesn't speak like everybody else. but maybe its because everbody sounds different of course. just curious.

I want to have a Corsican accent when I learn French...I've noticed her French is different, though, but I don't think it's that pronounced. I'm not sure how it sounds to the French though.

Toc De Mac 08-30-2009 08:57 AM

That's a good question that we could perhaps ask in one of the French fan forums.

One of the only things I've ever noticed is that she sometimes "half-rolls" her "R"s. Though it's possible that perhaps she has lost some of her accent (assuming that she had one) now that she has lived in Paris for a while.

Quote:

I want to have a Corsican accent when I learn French...I've noticed her French is different, though, but I don't think it's that pronounced. I'm not sure how it sounds to the French though.
The overwhelming majority of French instruction programs use the Parisian accent or, in general, a non-Southern accent. But, go for it ! I sometimes find myself doing the "R" thing too just because I think it sounds neat. :)

Little Corsican Cutie 08-30-2009 10:16 AM

The shame of it all!

Hello,people! This is my first time posting ever. I wanted to say something else actually related to Alizee after lurking here for YEARS,and wondering how this site is still up,and running with idiotic comments,and suppositions from its' members,but anyone suggesting such a thing should be beaten with a sledgehammer!!!:mad: Alizee would never sing something so trashy!

wasabi622 08-30-2009 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Corsican Cutie (Post 138533)
Hello,people! This is my first time posting ever. I wanted to say something else actually related to Alizee after lurking here for YEARS,and wondering how this site is still up,and running with idiotic comments,and suppositions from its' members,but anyone suggesting such a thing should be beaten with a sledgehammer!!!:mad: Alizee would never sing something so trashy!

psh, if youre referring to my question, im simply saying it would hilarious!
sorta like a saturday night live parody type thing.

jung_adore_ALIZEE 08-30-2009 12:33 PM

Quote:

Alizee would never sing something so trashy!

so tell me how many of you know the meanings of her songs?

wasabi622 08-30-2009 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE (Post 138545)

umm.. i know all the ones in english! :p (Im Not Twenty, I'm Fed Up, Youpidou, and Amelie)

though, youpidou im still confused on. :blink:

the few french ones i know is.. Gourmandises. :D

Vorock 08-30-2009 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wasabi622 (Post 138546)
umm.. i know all the ones in english! :p (Im Not Twenty, I'm Fed Up, Youpidou, and Amelie)

though, youpidou im still confused on. :blink:

the few french ones i know is.. Gourmandises. :D

Same here, hahaha.

IncliningPizza 08-30-2009 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackAnthem (Post 138286)
Alizee singing "Can You Feel The Love Tonight" in French. Thoughts and comments, please.

She already has. The song is called, "Idéaliser." :D

TheBarrett 08-30-2009 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE (Post 138545)

Apparently not that many. :p
There has been a lot of analyzing-her-songs threads around in the old ends of this forum. Some might find it a bit interesting.
Knowing Mylène you're gonna love what you stumble upon. ;)

Quote:

That's subjective my friend.
Besides, there's a free will anyone can sing what they want, and you can't assume Alizée doesn't at least like a few songs that aren't of your personal tongue. Please. :rolleyes:
We're all here for a good time, and whether you find it idiotic, demeaning, defiling, or whatnot of your brain's fabrication, is simply that, your brain's fabrication.
So if you're going to stick around, have fun doing it and i'll see you around mate, or head back to your previous state. :)

Vil 08-30-2009 03:32 PM

Corsica French

I poked my French buddy today (he's in Bordeaux) and asked him if the French from Corsica did have a different form, and he said yes, though it's not as drastic a difference as say, European French and Quebecois. It's mostly through pronunciation :)

hope that answers the question!