Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alizée Discussion (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Official News Discussion (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1834)

RadioactiveMan 11-08-2007 06:06 PM

Unless we were all greedy and hogged multiple copies, eh Cooney? ;)

Youpidou1 11-08-2007 06:09 PM

Then I can imagine what people will go through to get one of these limited edition copies.

heyamigo 11-08-2007 10:06 PM

CDs now orderable on fnac.com.

Un-rêve 11-08-2007 11:00 PM

Thanks heyamigo, I'm on it!
There's no vinyl available there but I've already pre ordered that, so I guess I better not be too greedy. :p

Cooney 11-09-2007 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Un-rêve (Post 74475)
Thanks heyamigo, I'm on it!
There's no vinyl available there but I've already pre ordered that, so I guess I better not be too greedy. :p

Where did you pre-order the Vinyl? That's not available for pre-order anywhere I've seen.

Un-rêve 11-09-2007 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cooney (Post 74498)
Where did you pre-order the Vinyl? That's not available for pre-order anywhere I've seen.

Well I got it here it's here and it's on amazon I believe.:p
http://www.alapage.com/-/Recherche/?..._appel=ALAPAGE

Roman 11-09-2007 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cooney (Post 74456)
The last "limited edition" version of an album she did, the MCE Digipack, had something like 100,000 or 150,000 copies made. A "couple million" would be more than the combined sales of the Gourmandises and MCE albums combined.

Still though, I don't think anybody runs the risk of not being able to get a hold of this particular limited edition, if they're interested when it comes out.

Thank you for correcting my hyperbole. (didn't they say she's sold over 6,000,000 by now, or is that counting singles and albums?)

Dang, Amazon is lagggin! They don't even have the artwork up yet. I think I'll wait a minute to see if they have the vinyl for sale so I don't have to deal with multiple places and shipping charges (and Amazon appears to be significantly cheaper anyway).

Cooney 11-09-2007 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roman (Post 74531)
Thank you for correcting my hyperbole. (didn't they say she's sold over 6,000,000 by now, or is that counting singles and albums?)

She's sold over 6 million discs, which does indeed include singles and such :-) As far as Albums, Gourmandises was around 1 million copies, and MCE was a bit over half that. The Moi... Lolita single, in its various forms, was 2 million by itself, and the other big numbers come from L'Alizé and JEAM, with around 800,000 and 500,000 respectively.

The numbers are nothing like in the US where a major release that doesn't sell 100,000 copies in the first week is considered a failure, and 6 figure weekly sales are required to be in the top 5 or 10 albums in a given week.

For comparison, the number 1 album by sales in France for the first six months of this year was the 2007 Les Enfoirés disc, which sold 581,749 copies. That's in six months! N'Sync's 2000 album No Strings Attached sold 2.4 million in one week.

Ben 11-09-2007 05:21 PM

Cmoi's summary of upcoming dates. Btw, they have the website opening 6 hours earlier than I said. I could have sworn my calculation was correct, but I'm so tired right now... could someone confirm?

14 Novembre : "Le grand journal" Canal +
17 Novembre : clip sur Yahoo ?
19 Novembre : 1ère diffusion du clip ?
22 Novembre : début des teasers sur NRJ
27-28 Novembre à 00h00 : ouverture du site officiel

3 Décembre : sortie de l'album, début de la campagne de pub sur TF1 et NRJ
7 Décembre : "Star Academy" TF1

9 Janvier : "W9 VIP live" W9

Cooney 11-09-2007 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snatcher42 (Post 74712)
Cmoi's summary of upcoming dates. Btw, they have the website opening 6 hours earlier than I said. I could have sworn my calculation was correct, but I'm so tired right now... could someone confirm?

And for me, 9 hours earlier. It all makes sense, stupid me! Those countdown timers are matched to the viewer's system clock, not the server's, so telling it to count down until midnight that day will yield 6 additional hours for you (EST) and 9 more for me (PST). D'oh! I knew they were bound to system clocks, but forgot that in calculating.

Oh well! That just means that many hours fewer to wait!